W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Angry Tunning Horrific Nightmare

I would like to share my horrible recent experience with a tuner (which I will not name now) with you my fellow board members. This is a long story, so please bare with me, because I would love your take on this, and what you think my course of action should be.

Approximately three weeks ago, I took my car in to install a Renntech ELM on my 2006 S65. I informed my cousin who has a 2006 S55 of what I am doing, and he decided to bring his car also, to discuss tuning and modification options on his car with the tuner. Before I begin to discuss the experience, I would like to note, that both of our cars were running in tip top shape. We both had no problems whatsoever.

As the tuner began work on the install of the Renntech ELM, we had a few hours to spare, so we discussed ECU/TCU tune for the S65 and ECU tune for the S55. The tuner told us that he would tune our cars, and if we like it we can go ahead and purchase it, and if not he would tune them back to stock. We thought that was cool, and since he said it would take 20 minutes to do, we thought what the hell. While we were discussing all of this, he told my cousin about the 168 mm pulley for the S55. My cousin decided to go ahead with the tune and pulley upgrade.

The tuner informed us that he will read the ECU from both cars, and send the files to the ECU tuner via email and have them sent back to be put into our cars. While we were waiting for this they started on the pulley swap on the S55. After they finished the pulley swap three hours later, they began working on my Renntech ELM. This took approximately 5 hours, since the front of the vehicle was lowering but the rear was unresponsive to the ELM. At first they claimed that this is how it is on my car. After seeing my displeasure that my car only lowers in the front, they researched the wiring schematics of the module and realized they had wired it incorrectly, and fixed it. Now the car lowers in the front and back, so this issue was resolved. Please note that 8 hours have passed, and still the ECU tune has not been emailed back, which we were told would take 20 minutes.

Six hours later, we finally get the ECU tune via email. Up to this point we had been there for 14 hours. They ECU tuned my cousins S55 first, and took it for a ride, and everything seemed ok, except for an annoying jerk. They then ECU/TCU tuned my S65. This is where all hell breaks loose. After the tune, my distronic became inoperative, and the CEL was on. The tuner takes my car for a test drive, and it did not shift out of 1st gear. He came back did whatever he did and went back out for another test drive. We get a call about 30 minutes later, saying he is stuck in a parking lot, and that the car will not shift at all. Basically, when you move the shifter, it shifts, but nothing happens. The car became unresponsive to any gear change. We had the car towed back to the shop and had no choice but to go home. The following day, the tuner says that the TCU may have been damaged during the TCU tune, so he decided to order a new one. The new TCU came, and still the same problem remained.

The following day, I went to go check on the progress of the car, and found out they had my S65 towed and taken it to the dealer, to flash everything back to stock, and see what is and went wrong.

While this was happening, my cousin’s car began to perform poorly. Power became weaker, and the jerk was getting more and more worse, now apparent through all the gears. So, the tuner told him to bring the car in and he would take a look at it.

I asked the tuner about the status of my S65, and he told me that I am getting a new transmission. He informed me that my transmission was toast. He tried to convince me, that they were not at fault, since it was the transmission that was damaged. Mind you, I did not have the slightest problem with my transmission, and now it was so bad that it was going to be replaced by the dealer. Of course, I let them change it since this was all covered under my warranty. While in service they fixed an ABC hose leak, and my distronic issue.

When my cousin brought his car in, the tuner decided to take it the dealer to get the IC pump changed. While the car was at the same dealer as the S55, they decided the supercharger was damaged and needed to be replaced, along with the IC pump. Wow, a transmission on one car and a supercharger on the other. What are the odds of this happening, when both cars were in A-0ne shape prior to the tune and mods.

We finally get both cars back, with warranty work complete. They retuned my ECU/TCU on my S65 and my cousin’s ECU on the S55. They decided to keep my car for a few days to put miles on it, to make sure the tune and the transmission are working fine on the car. Frankly I don’t think they retuned my TCU just my ECU, scared that the same issue will occur, but they told me they did both.

So, while they had my S65 I asked them to perform a service B and change my brake pads and rotors. They told me to come in, because the car would be finished that day. First off the brake parts they ordered were wrong. I notified him that I have an 8 piston brake caliper, and that there should be 8 pads for the front brakes. There were only 2 per front wheel. He argued with me and said the parts are correct, even though I told him they were not. Five hours later when it came time to do my brakes, they say, “we have the wrong parts”. I was furious, since we waited 5 hours for nothing, and that I had told him they were wrong. They know nothing about these vehicles yet they claim to be expert tuners. So again, we wait all this time and leave empty handed because of this incompetence.

While we were waiting these 5 hours, I noticed my front end was totally out of wack. My bumper was not aligned with the fenders and it looks like the right side was bent lower than the left, there was s huge gap. There was a huge gap between the hood when closed and the bumper. It looked like my car was in an accident. They denied they did anything, and tried to tell me my car is just like that, because he thinks it’s a salvage vehicle. What the hell is he talking about. They ruined my car, and refuse to take responsibility. My cousin and I finally realized that the damage was caused during towing the car back and forth. They used the metal hook that connects to the bumper to pull the car onto the bed of the tow truck. This totally f—ked my front end. I told him this, and there reply was to blame Mercedes Roadside Assistance. If it was not for them screwing my car up, I would not have had to have my car towed multiple times, and obviously towed incorrectly.

This has been a huge huge nightmare for me and my cousin. They lie about everything. They act like they know everything about the cars, but don’t even know what brakes we have on our cars. One guy says one thing the other guy says another. You ask one, did you do this, he says yes, and the other says no, my cousin ordered an ELM for him, about a week ago, and until today, one guy says it’s UPS that’s screwing things up, and the other guy says that for some reason the distributor hasn’t even shipped the unit . I have never been treated this way in my life. The front end damage will cost $3,600 dollars to repair. They did not even have common courtesy to apologize or even offer any discount, not even a dollar.

I know this is a very long post, but please be objective, and offer your advice. What would you do if this happened to you, and what course of action would you take. Once again thanks for baring with me.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Holy crap!
With respect, however, all the threads on this board about ECU tuning seem to be quite clear that its quite complex and takes time, often involving sending the ECU away and getting it back a few days later. It would seem its much more complex than just uploading an emailed file.
How on earth did they damage the SC and transmission with pulleys and ECU flash?

Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
I would like to share my horrible recent experience with a tuner (which I will not name now) with you my fellow board members. This is a long story, so please bare with me, because I would love your take on this, and what you think my course of action should be.

Approximately three weeks ago, I took my car in to install a Renntech ELM on my 2006 S65. I informed my cousin who has a 2006 S55 of what I am doing, and he decided to bring his car also, to discuss tuning and modification options on his car with the tuner. Before I begin to discuss the experience, I would like to note, that both of our cars were running in tip top shape. We both had no problems whatsoever.

As the tuner began work on the install of the Renntech ELM, we had a few hours to spare, so we discussed ECU/TCU tune for the S65 and ECU tune for the S55. The tuner told us that he would tune our cars, and if we like it we can go ahead and purchase it, and if not he would tune them back to stock. We thought that was cool, and since he said it would take 20 minutes to do, we thought what the hell. While we were discussing all of this, he told my cousin about the 168 mm pulley for the S55. My cousin decided to go ahead with the tune and pulley upgrade.

The tuner informed us that he will read the ECU from both cars, and send the files to the ECU tuner via email and have them sent back to be put into our cars. While we were waiting for this they started on the pulley swap on the S55. After they finished the pulley swap three hours later, they began working on my Renntech ELM. This took approximately 5 hours, since the front of the vehicle was lowering but the rear was unresponsive to the ELM. At first they claimed that this is how it is on my car. After seeing my displeasure that my car only lowers in the front, they researched the wiring schematics of the module and realized they had wired it incorrectly, and fixed it. Now the car lowers in the front and back, so this issue was resolved. Please note that 8 hours have passed, and still the ECU tune has not been emailed back, which we were told would take 20 minutes.

Six hours later, we finally get the ECU tune via email. Up to this point we had been there for 14 hours. They ECU tuned my cousins S55 first, and took it for a ride, and everything seemed ok, except for an annoying jerk. They then ECU/TCU tuned my S65. This is where all hell breaks loose. After the tune, my distronic became inoperative, and the CEL was on. The tuner takes my car for a test drive, and it did not shift out of 1st gear. He came back did whatever he did and went back out for another test drive. We get a call about 30 minutes later, saying he is stuck in a parking lot, and that the car will not shift at all. Basically, when you move the shifter, it shifts, but nothing happens. The car became unresponsive to any gear change. We had the car towed back to the shop and had no choice but to go home. The following day, the tuner says that the TCU may have been damaged during the TCU tune, so he decided to order a new one. The new TCU came, and still the same problem remained.

The following day, I went to go check on the progress of the car, and found out they had my S65 towed and taken it to the dealer, to flash everything back to stock, and see what is and went wrong.

While this was happening, my cousin’s car began to perform poorly. Power became weaker, and the jerk was getting more and more worse, now apparent through all the gears. So, the tuner told him to bring the car in and he would take a look at it.

I asked the tuner about the status of my S65, and he told me that I am getting a new transmission. He informed me that my transmission was toast. He tried to convince me, that they were not at fault, since it was the transmission that was damaged. Mind you, I did not have the slightest problem with my transmission, and now it was so bad that it was going to be replaced by the dealer. Of course, I let them change it since this was all covered under my warranty. While in service they fixed an ABC hose leak, and my distronic issue.

When my cousin brought his car in, the tuner decided to take it the dealer to get the IC pump changed. While the car was at the same dealer as the S55, they decided the supercharger was damaged and needed to be replaced, along with the IC pump. Wow, a transmission on one car and a supercharger on the other. What are the odds of this happening, when both cars were in A-0ne shape prior to the tune and mods.

We finally get both cars back, with warranty work complete. They retuned my ECU/TCU on my S65 and my cousin’s ECU on the S55. They decided to keep my car for a few days to put miles on it, to make sure the tune and the transmission are working fine on the car. Frankly I don’t think they retuned my TCU just my ECU, scared that the same issue will occur, but they told me they did both.

So, while they had my S65 I asked them to perform a service B and change my brake pads and rotors. They told me to come in, because the car would be finished that day. First off the brake parts they ordered were wrong. I notified him that I have an 8 piston brake caliper, and that there should be 8 pads for the front brakes. There were only 2 per front wheel. He argued with me and said the parts are correct, even though I told him they were not. Five hours later when it came time to do my brakes, they say, “we have the wrong parts”. I was furious, since we waited 5 hours for nothing, and that I had told him they were wrong. They know nothing about these vehicles yet they claim to be expert tuners. So again, we wait all this time and leave empty handed because of this incompetence.

While we were waiting these 5 hours, I noticed my front end was totally out of wack. My bumper was not aligned with the fenders and it looks like the right side was bent lower than the left, there was s huge gap. There was a huge gap between the hood when closed and the bumper. It looked like my car was in an accident. They denied they did anything, and tried to tell me my car is just like that, because he thinks it’s a salvage vehicle. What the hell is he talking about. They ruined my car, and refuse to take responsibility. My cousin and I finally realized that the damage was caused during towing the car back and forth. They used the metal hook that connects to the bumper to pull the car onto the bed of the tow truck. This totally f—ked my front end. I told him this, and there reply was to blame Mercedes Roadside Assistance. If it was not for them screwing my car up, I would not have had to have my car towed multiple times, and obviously towed incorrectly.

This has been a huge huge nightmare for me and my cousin. They lie about everything. They act like they know everything about the cars, but don’t even know what brakes we have on our cars. One guy says one thing the other guy says another. You ask one, did you do this, he says yes, and the other says no, my cousin ordered an ELM for him, about a week ago, and until today, one guy says it’s UPS that’s screwing things up, and the other guy says that for some reason the distributor hasn’t even shipped the unit . I have never been treated this way in my life. The front end damage will cost $3,600 dollars to repair. They did not even have common courtesy to apologize or even offer any discount, not even a dollar.

I know this is a very long post, but please be objective, and offer your advice. What would you do if this happened to you, and what course of action would you take. Once again thanks for baring with me.

.............I feel bad for you and your cousin, but frankly I am not suprised by your story. You are lucky the dealer agreed to replace the transmission in one car and the s/c in the other car under warranty. Many dealers would refuse to warranty the replacements after an aftermarket tuner has messed with them.

........the point here is that getting your car tuned is fun, but getting ANYONE to take responsibility if something goes wrong is out of the question.

........Most of the good experiences people have had from tuners only stem from the fact that the actual tunning was problem free or minor problems were corrected by the tuner. If you end up with a major problem, you are toast. For instance NO tuner would replace your transmission for free if your transmission becomes toast after they instal your TCU. Not a single one. Again, you are lucky the dealer repaced it under warranty.

.........Tunning is fun, but be absolutely clear to yourself that you are totally on your own if something majpr happens to your car.

Ted
Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Man, that totally sucks and is the tuning nightmare that we all hope we never have to live through.

I know you don't want to list the tuner, but I think they should be so no one else uses them.

PM me the tuner if you would rather so I don't use them.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:06 AM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
HHmmmmmm.......

Calif tuner, sends away files, renntech...............GOT IT..............

So sorry to hear about your nightmares. I am done tuning ECU's for now.....
Old 02-02-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I agree with the other member here, that U R lucky the dealer honored the warranty. However, as a member here, it is expected that U don't let another get into the same situation. Yes, there are always two sides to every story, but what would excuse this? I didn't use a local shop here in chicago, because of a post that another member made, to alert of us of how his car was damaged. See thread below post #38!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=willow

This is our forum/venue to look out for one another.......post the name.

Last edited by ENDSMTG; 02-02-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: content
Old 02-02-2008, 11:43 AM

I always cringe when i hear these stories. I definitely feel for you and your cousin. As mentioned in an earlier post, make sure you document everything and contact an attorney. Ultimately, if the situation does not get resolved you need to go public with the tuners name. I believe this to be a very supportive community and I imagine the tuner will end up losing far more $$$ than would he have taking responsibility for his incompetence and compensating you for the headache.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I'm confused.... was that your cousin writing?

You have 2006 S55, not 65.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear that....
Old 02-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
BallzyS55,

I am really sorry to hear about your troubles... Especially going through 2 nightmares at the same time..

I dont think you are hiding the tuner very well because based on what is in your sig, I think people will know who you are talking about.

The lowering module mixup can happen.. they realized they wired it wrong and fixed it..

The damage to your front-end I would DEFINITELY go after road side assistance for.. I know the circumstances from which it happened was because of the messup at the tuner's shop, but they didnt damage the car, the towtruck driver did.. If you got his business card, I would call and file a formal complaint and get them to pay for the damages.

The tuning on the 55.. the jerk you are experiencing is because of that big pulley.. it makes the engagement much harder.. It might also mean that your cousin's could use a 2006 S/C clutch pack. That will dramatically change the engagement..

The S65 tuning with the TCU IS however an issue. So far, I've seen 3 600/65 cars with tranmission problems (limp mode, jumping into neutral while driving on the highway, stalling) after being flashed with this same tune. 1 of them is an SL600, one is a S600 and now your S65. I've heard that there are alot of cars out there that do have this modification done and work great with it, but there must be something very different between all these models because it doesnt seem to work a good percentage of the time.

I've talked to Powerchip about TCU tuning and the reason they dont touch the TCU on these cars is for this very reason. I know that the selling point for the TCU on the 600/65 is because if you dont do it the car will go into limp mode when it sees the higher boost, but, Powerchip doesnt seem to have that problem, so I have always been a bit confused about that point.

Is your car back to stock now?

How is your cousin's car after driving it and putting some miles on it? The harsh engagement can also be corrected sometimes if you reset all the adaptive values with STAR DAS and let it recalibrate everything.

Good luck with everything!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:08 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
I appreciate, and restpect everyones opinion, but just to let you know me and my cousin, were trying to be understanding to every execuse they gave us, but we know we screwed up, leting them mess with the cars further, honestly victor, I agree with you, but I must say, the main issue is not only things the went wrong with our cars, but the way they conducted business with us, they treated us like a couple 5 year olds, their lies, and constant chage of stories.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 PM

'08 CLS63
where's adam...

according to your signature it's evotech.

strange...i thought adam and evotech were a first class operation???

john
Old 02-02-2008, 12:38 PM

Also if the tranny was not shifting beyond 1st gear, why would you take it for another spin right then and there, less than 30 mins later, we get a call saying car not shifting at all, mind now that this is all after those experts were tunning our car, they told us they don't know what wrong, and they towed the car back to the shop, under their super vision. (more than once)
So who's responsibility is it, the car was towed due to the malfunction caused by their tunning under their presence there. Which untill today again they don't claim that anything that went wrong with either cars was because of them. Simpley we just had a bad tranny, and a bad SC, and also the bumper was like that from before, where I have my before and after pics/.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:50 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
QUOTE=housclass;2632076]where's adam...

according to your signature it's evotech.

strange...i thought adam and evotech were a first class operation???

john[/QUOTE]

Now this should get interesting.....
Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, for now, I'm going to assume your nightmare is about Euroelites - once again, given your sig.

I will share my experience as I do all the tunings w/ Euroelites.

I upgraded my pulley w/ 168mm RT pulley. This was initially done before ECU tune. I noticed the power increase... but also noticed harsher jerk when the S/C engaged. It was very bad especially when S/C engaged during the shift. I also heard the infamous chirp, which was not there w/ stock pulley.

About 3 months later, I went back to Euroelites for ECU upgrade as Euroelites claimed that the ECU tune would reduce the jerk, if not make it completely disappear, and Oliver was there to do ECU tuning.

After ECU tune, I personally could not say there was any power increase. But this is acceptable as I don't expect ECU tune alone would increase much power - I'd guess around 10whp/10wtq. What I noticed was the jerk was a lot milder but the chirp was still there.

I haven't done post-mod dyno (will do it after cooling upgrade later this month) to check the numbers after ECU+pulley.

I then came back to Euroelites about the chirp.... Adam brought me to FJ and explained the situation to my SA and foreman. In the end, FJ replaced my S/C clutch. After this, the jerk was even milder - still there but not that bad - but the chirp was gone. So I decided to just live with it.

They also helped me to explain to FJ when my idle pulley was bad.

In summary, like housclass thought, my experience w/ Euroelites is nothing but good. They gave me good price and treated me w/ courtesy - just like most other members here shared their experience.

I'm not sure about 65... but your 55 should be exactly the same setup w/ mine (including the pulley brand)... and I know they've done numerous upgrades like this (ECU+pulley)... they've done even more complicated upgrades (like neveo, rocketw19, nsm, etc.) so logically speaking, chances they screwed up this job should be quite low. But hey... $h!t happens. One possible reason is your car was treated badly by previous owner and this whole upgrade things made the almost-broken parts broken.

Keep us updated... and I hope this is not about Euroelites.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:04 PM

2004 E55
Yea, I agree there is always two sides to the story, and either way it always goes towards the customer, but it would be nice to hear the vendor's side... and thanks Victor for shedding some light on this too, it's experts that really helps out.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 PM

I understad that stuff happens, but when somebody makes things seem so easy like they told us a 20 mins ecu tune, and the cars ended up with a few and anything but minor problems, that kind of doesn't make sense, and when it comes to a jerk, and a chirp, that's totaly different than blowing up a tranny, and saying oh it wasn't our fault, the tranny was so messed up, that it just gave out, what a coincidence , also not taking responsibillity for your actions, what kind of Professional business is that, appologize today, and, lie all over again later, then towing the car, because of what they did, then coming back saying that car came like that, ok??? there is two sides to every story, but I know what happened so did they, as we come to realize, mind you now we didn't know much about any of this, but business ethics remain the same, we run nemours businesses, and I can tell you that's not how you do business with someone spending over 10k, or $10 for that matter.

Last edited by BallzyS55; 02-02-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:02 PM

SL55
Like it was said...

There are 2 sides to every story... All I can say at this point is that Adam has been first rate for me, and more than 1 person whom I recommended Adam to. They had nothing but great things to say about how he handled everything for them.

Some days everything goes wrong no matter how hard we try, we all know this... Adam has worked very hard to build his reputation, and help everyone on this board. He has organized events, made trips, and has truly been dedicated.

I can't surmise what happened, but Adam always tries to accomdate people, if these people ( who have JUST joined this board, for the purpose of???) wanted their cars done ASAP, and The normal result of Adam sending the file to GERMANY to have Oliver tune the car was 20min... You can't blame him for telling them what was the normal result. It's not his fault that someone from another Country thousands of miles away was not responding. What he should have done maybe was preface the statement... With "Usually It takes 20min" But maybe in his egarness to please he was overly optimistic.

Now it all depends on the customer... If the guys were going nuts " WE WANT OUT CARS!!!" Then I'm sure that Adam stayed there, and did what ever it took to get it done... But I'm also sure a better result would have been if the customers had said... (Alright we'll get a ride home just do the right job), would have been to start the next morning with a clear head. They already had problems with the ELM install, and probably were burn't out from that. 14 hours is a long time to be in a teadious high pressure sitsuation.

He should have put his foot down. And said this is taking much longer than expected... We have not recieved the file on time from Germany as expected, and at this point we will need a few days to sort this out.

Sometimes you can be too accomodating.

I'm glad the Dealer stepped up, and took care of the guys and this dealer should be praised & patronized. And I hope that everything works out for these guys, I'm sure Adam will do everything he can to make sure they're satisified.

Best,

RoydRage
Old 02-02-2008, 02:22 PM

well first I'm on this board, for the same reason a lot of people are, to share my experiences, and gain some knowledge, as for you saying the tuner was too accommodating, I don't agree, their is a difference between accommodating, and BSing, seriously, it's not my fault they messed up our cars, I'm thankful for the dealer, but majorly disappointed in the tuners, we left the cars there for a few weeks, after everything we were promised was never accomplished, until today, I can’t get a hold of them any longer, to track my ELM, that they first said it was delayed by UPS, then they said, the Vendor never sent it, and that is just one example, of how things been going, if they told us it was them that couldn't figure things, out we would've been more that patient, but to mislead us, that's BS, please read the original post, and pay attention to detail, you obviously know everything, I wonder How???
Anyhow, seriously, if you guys were that tired that night, you should like you said earlier, put your foot down and said so, instead, or ruining two cars that we both have worked so hard and waited so long to own.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Is body damage part of tuning also???
Old 02-02-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't mean I try to mediate things... but just trying to make your heads a little cooler...

I see that you and your cousin got a brand new S/C and a new transmission. Both are not easy to get from warranty claims.

Now... let's just be completely neutral (even though you are the owners of the cars).

I don't know about your cousin (owner of S65)... but you indicated here that you bought your car used. 35K miles, if I'm not mistaken. To me personally, I think that's a lot of miles for a car like this. AMG is not well known in the U.S. so I believe most people who buy these cars are either rich and want exclusivity or know what these cars are about. W/ high mileage for an '06, I think your previous owner knew what AMG is. So... he was likely an agressive driver.

But that's all speculation... the bottom line is you don't know the exact condition of your car. PPI would only do visual inspection so to me, it's not that useful. What you know is that you bought your car and you didn't feel anything wrong.

Now, you came to this tuner.... all hell broke loose. Could be because the tuner drove the car like crazy.... but still, if all parts were good, they wouldn't have broken right away.

But in the end... you got a new S/C and your cousin got a new tranny, which means... you got a better car than before (heck, I want new S/C and tranny even though mines feel fine ).

So put this into positive perspective... they may have screwed up your cars... but they got them replaced for free (regardless how they managed to get them under warranty). You got brand new parts for free.

And now, you could start from scratch... they should've run any excuses if they screw up again - cannot blame the parts - and see whether they do a good job this time (fresh brain, new parts). If they are really good tuners, everything should be fine.

Just my 2c to keep you cool.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:48 PM

You can't blame one person for the actions of another, sure, but I can blame a business owner, and a tuner for running his mouth, someone with all of that experience should know better that 20 mins, it was more like 20 days, and also when the cars were out of the dealer, we made sure to ask, if the dealer has reflashed the ecu, what do you think the answer was? "off course not, we make sure they don't, we would know if they did, and we will feel it once we test drove you cars" Better yet I look at the paper work from the dealer and it say "Check and found newer software available for ECU, performed Software update" and when I said that to them, the story changed again. "well I kind of noticed that the jerk was worst after we took it out of dealer, and lacking power" so which one is it, we're they sure it wasn't reflashed, or did they know, like I have been saying, the stories don't add up.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'm having a hard time believing that the tuner is actually Adam, as he is one of the nicest people to talk to and deal with

But even putting all the "tuning" issues aside, ordering the wrong brake pads after the customer argues with you to order the right ones, and still get them wrong is just too un-professional and coming specifically from a "reputable" makes it more "unforgivable" .
Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand that you're very upset.... that's completely reasonable. But try to keep your head cool, even though it's hard, would lead to better solution.

If I were you, I would sit down w/ the tuners and assess the situation. Try to get the best out of situation.... try to stay positive. If this is really Adam and Euroelites, he would do his best to get things right.

If both sides keep pointing their fingers or if you maintain your prejudice attitude (whether it's actually true or not).... I could see the following happening:
You got a junked car that the tuner may refuse to fix.... you got to do something to get your money back... if going to the court, for sure it'll cost money and take a lot of your time. You may win later on... but I'm sure at the end you won't get a lot (after considering the mental strain you'll be going through).

Just think about it...
Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
If this is truely EuroElites, then I'm positive Adam will make it right for you if you guys get together and try to reach a resolution like zoink mentioned. And on the positive side, having a new tranny and SC is AWSOME !!!!

As for the conflicting stories, I don't know what to say. I know I would probably be very mad if the tuner was not straight and honest with me from the start. But again, lets wait and hear all sides.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Wonder why Adam from Euroelites hasn't chimed in? He is constantly on this forum.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare