Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Exclamation Really OT

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
OT: UFC was good for the card they had. MIR won like I figured but brock might be a huge force some day. not sure if it was roid or bi turbo that said watch the boxing on showtime. na boxing is weak, I train MMA so im biased. Im sure you must box so you like that better. but I like the fact that someone can be getting beat down then outta no where the other guy gets submited.
Na... Boxing rules Cuz... Why was Liddel dominent... Cause he had the best standup... And you KNOW that that's the most exciting. Do you know what a pro would do to him? He's a good boxer for MMA, but he's no where near a good boxer. I like MMA... sure.

I trained @ Gleasons Gym in Brooklyn for 8 years... But I'm first and formost a Street Fighter Probably a couple hundred fights... But I tell you my closest fights were with Collegent wrestlers... Very very tuff, great stamina, and strong... I powerlifted for years so that's never a problem... But they have endurance, and wear you down.... watch the rubber match of Vazquez Vs. Marquez on showtime in March. You will be a fan.

Guys used to come in every Week, and say "I'm a 7th degree Black Belt, and I want to spar with your best guy, the trainer used to tell the guy that mopped the rings up to go a few round with them, and he would knock them out in 2 sec! Seriously.

Best,

RoydRage

Last edited by RoydRage; 02-03-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Sorry if I offended you...

You asked for opinion, I gave one. I tried to be neutral but if you find me more biased towards the tuner, sorry. What else can I say?

If you are not satisfied w/ your car running fine in the end and new S/C, that's your right. If I were you, I would have been satisfied and move on. Would I get less for the car w/ S/C replacement history? May be... but just chalk it as a lesson and move on.

If you are 100% sure that the bumper was screwed up after you dropped off your car, go ahead... go after them. I would if I were you. But the burden to prove it will be on your shoulder. If you have a pic w/ the date right before you drop the car off, you may have a case even though one could still argue that it happened between the pic was taken and the time you dropped the car off. I once got charged 5 gallons of gas @ crazy price when returning a rental car after hours.... Like you, I told them I got the tank full when dropping off the car. But after several attempt arguing, I just took it w/ a grain of salt and move on. Since then, I took a pic of the gas level then the clock in the car right every time I return a rental car after hours.... at least I would have some evidence in case I get charged again. Of course, your case is a lot bigger than a tank of gas.... but you get what I mean.

Either way, in the end, it's your car and it's your problem... people here could say anything they want but it's still your call on what you want to do. All I could say is good luck w/ whatever you decide.

As for the tuner not responding, if I were him, I would not do that also. Pointing fingers through forum is not only useless but could do more harm than good especially if the case goes to court. If I were the customer like you, I would do the same also.... whatever you say here could be used against you. You may warn the forums here and just say you had some bad experience w/ some high-level information.... then, go off-line and try to work things out w/ the tuner privately. That should keep the heat down and keep you safe.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:15 AM

2012 JDM
To the OP:

Being in the service industry myself, I know that just because a company pleases 50 customers, it does not give them the right to sh*t on one, PERIOD.

IF what the OP has posted is true, tuner owes him an apology, a restoration back to stock, and a fixed bumper to his satisfaction AT A MINIMUM.

IF the tuner is trying to make everything right, and working towards that, then the OP should be reasonable while it gets worked out.

Good luck.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Wonder why Adam from Euroelites hasn't chimed in? He is constantly on this forum.....

Hello Adammmmm!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by J 2OOI
To the OP:

Being in the service industry myself, I know that just because a company pleases 50 customers, it does not give them the right to sh*t on one, PERIOD.

IF what the OP has posted is true, tuner owes him an apology, a restoration back to stock, and a fixed bumper to his satisfaction AT A MINIMUM.

IF the tuner is trying to make everything right, and working towards that, then the OP should be reasonable while it gets worked out.

Good luck.
I agree with you ,however I will say that it sounds like the OP's been more than reasonable!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:27 AM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
I'm getting attacked by some members, which is fine, because I had a horrible experience with a tuner that they either favor, or never had any bad experiences with, but that's not my case, I'm sorry me, and my cousin, as you all know are not driving $2k cars, and took'em to a shop, hoping something will go wrong to sit here and point fingers, and get something out of it, as some claimed, we have 06 S 55, S65, I would've loved to have a good experience, and my life would've been a lot less stressful, but it hasn't been.
There are many ways of tuning, but I believe their is only one way of honesty, and respect, and quality customer service, which until today, we never got, I'm not talking about, fake promises, I'm talking about actions, when we told the tuner we were unhappy, they said they will make it right, but they never did, and the stories kept on going and going. Until the end where the brakes were ordered, they told us when we showed up, that Adam told us to come the next day, and the car wasn't finished, where when we, and I mean both of us on three way talked to Adam that day, and told him if the car is done he said yes it'll be done a little after 3:00 pm, better believe it when we went not only the brakes were not touched, but they had another brake job setup, and the 65 was parked outside, and the parts were laying there in the garage, when we looked at the parts at about 5:00 pm, we told Adam, these were the wrong parts, as for 55-65 AMG comes witha and 8 piston caliber, and he responded saying no, he's sure he's got it right, 5 hours later, when they got to the car, they said that we were right and these were the wrong pads, just a birds eye view of how things have been going, as for the front end, I will not sit here and chase a tow company, that I don't know which one, the car was towed twice, under their supervision, in their responsibility, due to their screw up on the TCU (maybe normal) but the result of a mistake on their end, should not cost a check, for something I didn't do, and after 3 weeks of BS we are being attacked for going through all of this.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Interesting thread! all I will say is, If I ever had an unhappy customer (which will never happen of course ) but I sure hope you all give me the benefit of the doubt like this!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
I'm getting attacked by some members, which is fine, because I had a horrible experience with a tuner that they either favor, or never had any bad experiences with, but that's not my case, I'm sorry me, and my cousin, as you all know are not driving $2k cars, and took'em to a shop, hoping something will go wrong to sit here and point fingers, and get something out of it, as some claimed, we have 06 S 55, S65, I would've loved to have a good experience, and my life would've been a lot less stressful, but it hasn't been.
There are many ways of tuning, but I believe their is only one way of honesty, and respect, and quality customer service, which until today, we never got, I'm not talking about, fake promises, I'm talking about actions, when we told the tuner we were unhappy, they said they will make it right, but they never did, and the stories kept on going and going. Until the end where the brakes were ordered, they told us when we showed up, that Adam told us to come the next day, and the car wasn't finished, where when we, and I mean both of us on three way talked to Adam that day, and told him if the car is done he said yes it'll be done a little after 3:00 pm, better believe it when we went not only the brakes were not touched, but they had another brake job setup, and the 65 was parked outside, and the parts were laying there in the garage, when we looked at the parts at about 5:00 pm, we told Adam, these were the wrong parts, as for 55-65 AMG comes witha and 8 piston caliber, and he responded saying no, he's sure he's got it right, 5 hours later, when they got to the car, they said that we were right and these were the wrong pads, just a birds eye view of how things have been going, as for the front end, I will not sit here and chase a tow company, that I don't know which one, the car was towed twice, under their supervision, in their responsibility, due to their screw up on the TCU (maybe normal) but the result of a mistake on their end, should not cost a check, for something I didn't do, and after 3 weeks of BS we are being attacked for going through all of this.
Most likely it was the same tow company and Adam should know who it was they used and be able to get their insurance to make it right for you.

I forgot about the brakes in my previous quote....but if that is done right and has the right pads now then I would think you are satisfied with that.

As a previous poster asked, what is it exactly you want from Adam at this point? I get the feeling from your post that you are at least satisfied the cars are back in working order and that to make this right you want his company to pay for the body damage repairs?

If this is correct, then Adam needs to get in gear with the towing company (which I am sure he is...I know I would be) OR if that is not working in his favor he needs to bight the bullet and have the best MB authorized bodyshop fix your car to your satisfaction and pay for it out of his pocket and file a claim with his own business insurance (all business owners have business insurance for crap like this).

If you want more than this, please state it so we know. Maybe a couple of steak dinners thrown in and a free tank of gas for your troubles and time?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Almost a Member!

CLS55, BMW 540, SUPRA
I feel really bad for the OP. And i hate to say but i side with his him. The bottom line is that he dropped off two good cars and ended up with what happened. The chance that he had a bad tranny that just happened to show its face on a test drive is not likely to me. It would make him the unluckiest SOB i know. Just because he ended up with a new transmission has nothing to do with everything that happened. Thats like saying to someone that gets into a really car accident and suffers for a year, sues and get a large sum of money, "...there is nothing to be mad about, hey your accident was a good thing, you ended up with xxxxxx."

I know in this high end market where most customers have deep deep pockets everybody wants to get in the mix. But this stuff i constantly hear about "mail away tuners" is just pure BS. I would not trust a mail away tune on a $2000 Civic let alone these cars that we drive. I suggest that if you cant find a reliable tuner that cant tune the car while you are there, then you dont even get involved in this process.

I hate to say that a master tuner should tune a car in less than 2hrs. I have seen heavily modified cars that make greater than 800whp go from cranking over to running cream puff in less than one hour. An experienced tuner should have a series of baseline flashes/maps with different setups, and once that is loaded he should fine tune from there. When I flew in Justin Nenni to tune my car, it was an eye opening experience. I had gone thru a tuner that completely blew my engine in less than 6dyno pulls and 4months of rebuilt time. After the rebuilt, the car ran like ***. It wouldnt even idle unless i constantly gave it gas and would buck and jump like a crazy horse. I picked him up at the airport, he introduces himself and gets in my car, plugs in the laptop. By the time we were on the airports service road 15mintues later, the car was running like a stock car out of the factory show room.

From the airport to the dyno shop was a 30min drive. We did a few highway pulls at different boosts while he continuously changed numbers and reviewed logs. Asked me to drive in different speeds/gears to adjust drivability. When we got the car to the dyno it was pretty much done. We strapped that puppy up and did a few pulls to verify the road tune and we were done. All in less than 2hrs. I dropped him back off the airport the same day and he was gone. Thats the best $1200 i have ever spent.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:55 AM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Rocket and Royd, who made you guys the voice for Adam(if this is Euroelites)? I see that U guys keep defending him as though U have had discussions regarding this incident. I agree with the earlier poster, that personal relationships are entering into a business discussion. I feel, as stated previously, that there are TWO sides to every story. However, it is hard to believe that two separate cars encountered problems while in the care of the tuner. I also agree that there should be some sort of insurance or agreement of who will be liable should a problem arise. For the record, I purchased my Evosport mods from Adam and Euroelites! However, he did NOT install them due to location. I did have a positive experience and have ALWAYS been able to reach him. This is no way an excuse for not responding, if this is him! LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL SPONSORS/TUNERS HERE! REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME .....THIS IS NEGATIVE PUBLICITY, AND WILL EFFECT YOUR BUSINESS!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
I have plenty to say but nothing else to add. My arguments for both sides have been expressed throughout the thread. I just think it's a bit odd that the car was not abused before taking it to the "shop" however the video shows otherwise.

I am not saying you do not have a valid position to be angry.
HELLO. Its an AMG! You know the PERFORMANCE DIVISION of Mercedes. Doing a small burnout like that is not abuse. It is specifically made with larger brakes, a tuned suspension, and other heavy duty parts and materials compared to a regular non performance automobile. These cars are made for spirited driving and the occasional burnout. No, I believe the car was normal condition prior to the tune.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
I think we are loosing our focus here.......

As a current client of a tuner who has had an ECU tune like so many of us on this board, I am concerned about my current ECU modification.

Based on the ECU/TCU modification that was received, it appears a transmission was toasted. If it indeed is a result of the tune, than do the rest of us have anything to worry about?

I sure would like to hear some assurances that previously tuned ECU's are fine and we have nothing to worry about. Perhaps this was a fluke situation but how in the hell did a transmission get toasted as a result of an ECU tune. I guess I would like to hear wether it was the ECU Tune or the TCU tune. I have not had a TCU tune but have been thinking of it because of its potential impact on trap and et. Do I need to stay away from a TCU tune?

For those of us who regularly track our cars....
GOING DOWN THE TRACK AT 118MPH AND HAVING MY TRANSMISSION GO TOAST IS P H U C K I N SCAREY..............

Last edited by higginsbeach; 02-03-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bottom line is if this was Adam,he screwed up here. I'm sure he did not do it on purpose. It happens and the poster has every right to state what happened regardless of who wants to hear it.

I can't believe half of you are implying that the car owner is at fault somehow?

If something was wrng with this car(tranny) should'nt Adam have picked it up right away?

Come on some of you guys sound ridiculous.

The OP should be compensated for whatever damage or timeloss ws done.

Thankfully he hd a warranty on his car which he should not have had to use in the first place.
Sure ,a hard lesson earned and it happens but the OP should not be chastised by all this speculation of those who feel he's at some kind of fault.

Totally irrational.

If he took Adam or whomever to court ,Adam or whomever would be held responsible for everything that has happened to these cars including towing. The vendor never even informed the guy or wanted to listen when he told the vendor that his car had suspension and fender damage.

Grant it Adam is good people, but when a customer experiences something like this,it's time to step up which is the right thing to do. I'm sure he knows this. There are alot of things we see here that should not have happened concerning this car,the vendor and how the customer had been dealt with.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 02-03-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
As a current client of a tuner who has had an ECU tune like so many of us on this board, I am concerned about my current ECU modification.

Based on the ECU/TCU modification that was received, it appears a transmission was toasted. If it indeed is a result of the tune, than do the rest of us have anything to worry about?

I sure would like to hear some assurances that previously tuned ECU's are fine and we have nothing to worry about. Perhaps this was a fluke situation but how in the hell did a transmission get toasted as a result of an ECU tune. I guess I would like to hear wether it was the ECU Tune or the TCU tune. I have not had a TCU tune but have been thinking of it because of its potential impact on trap and et. Do I need to stay away from a TCU tune?

For those of us who regularly track our cars....
GOING DOWN THE TRACK AT 118MPH AND HAVING MY TRANSMISSION GO TOAST IS P H U C K I N SCAREY..............
E55s only have the ECU tune option, so I think you would be just fine. I can tell you that PowerChips did a wonderful job with mine and that I dealt with Aaron with StealthAuto to do it (He is a sponsor here). He was first class from start to finish keeping me up to date on the tracking of the ECU (Had to ship it to Powerchips since I live in SC) to the programming of the ECU. VRP is now using PowerChips also which makes me feel GREAT about them.

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/
Old 02-03-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by ProjectC55

Hello Adammmmm!!!!
You can't be serious. If he is in a dispute with a customer the WORST thing he can do is post on this forum regarding this incident. Particularly if the customer has said the word "lawyer".
Old 02-03-2008, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
...........I hope this serves as an eye opener to everyone. Stuff can go bad even with a supposedly good tuner. This can happen even when the tuner is a nice guy and has done good work before. I am as much a modaholic as the next guy, but me thinks we all have been a little too naive in thinking that because a tuner is good, that your car is safe. You can have brain surgery done by a very experienced brain surgeon, but deep down you know that you can wake up dead. There is no such feeling among us when it comes to tuners. Why?

Ted
Old 02-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Out Of Control!

Tuners can sometimes go into certain issues when doing the mods but it's the quality of their customer service that comes into play and stands out when something like this happens.

Funny how Adam is normally posting when it comes to things like tuning etc and not a single peep out of him on this one.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
You can't be serious. If he is in a dispute with a customer the WORST thing he can do is post on this forum regarding this incident. Particularly if the customer has said the word "lawyer".
Tru! But u never know,maybe he does wanna say something concerning his side of the story and perhaps he does'nt based on what you have just said.

The thing that has gone bad here is that I believe the OP never expected to get the neg responses he has received.

Perhaps another lessoned learned but for alot of us/vendors included it's good to be informed.

Regardless,if Adam was the vendor I'm still surprised we have not heard anything from him thus far.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 02-03-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:14 PM

SL55
+1

EXACTLY!

I'm sure Council has advised him not to go here... There are legal implications for bringing this Public

RoydRage
Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Tru! But u never know,maybe he does wanna say something concerning his side of the story and perhaps he does'nt based on what you have just said.
Then my posts have had the desired effect.

Also, since we have heard nothing from him like "Nope, not my shop, guess again" I think we can all stop speculating if this problem is in Adam's lap or not. Let's leave them both alone to work this out.

Last edited by Jon2007E63P30; 02-03-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Then my posts have had the desired effect.

Also, since we have heard nothing from him like "Nope, not my shop, guess again" I think we can all stop speculating if this problem is in Adam's lap or not. Let's leave them both alone to work this out.
I disagree. Whoever this tuner is, MBworld members should be made aware. When Malcolm claimed he knew a lot about cars and actually didn't we made it a sticky.. In my opinion this tuner needs to be called out and it should be made a sticky. From what I am reading regarding the brakes (claimed to know more than the owner but didn't), to trying to convince the owner that his car was a salvage title, to damaging a transmission, it is all just RIDICULOUS..

MAKE THIS A STICKY AND USE THIS TUNER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Last edited by SleeperX; 02-03-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:02 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
I didn't post this to bash on the tuner, I just wanted again to share my experience, honestly I didn't realize that my sig would give it way, and it wasn't me that first started defending ee, and make it clear to everyone here. Till this minute I'm not saying adam is a bad person, he's not, I just didn't and still don't like the way they did business with me and my cousin, it's beyond unprofessional.

Last edited by BallzyS55; 02-03-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Ee

sounds like they messed up and need to make good to Ballzy55.

EXCUSES just aren't acceptable. Admit your mistakes and I assure you it will have a better outcome.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Originally Posted by SleeperX
I disagree. Whoever this tuner is, MBworld members should be made aware. When Malcolm claimed he knew a lot about cars and actually didn't we made it a sticky.. In my opinion this tuner needs to be called out and it should be made a sticky. From what I am reading regarding the brakes (claimed to know more than the owner but didn't), to trying to convince the owner that his car was a salvage title, to damaging a transmission, it is all just RIDICULOUS..

MAKE THIS A STICKY AND USE THIS TUNER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
WOW...........Frank you used him quite extensively didn't you....

Did you have any prior modification issues?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
WOW...........Frank you used him quite extensively didn't you....

Did you have any prior modification issues?
Adam is a nice guy... Oliver was going to personally tune my car since the prior tune that he sold me destroyed it. The timing on the tune was WAY to aggressive and I have pages and pages of data logging to prove it. It seemed however that in order for Oliver to get on a plane and come tune my car we had to have a bunch of other cars on the east coast be tuned at the same time. Do you think I was going to be a part of that considering what had happened to my car. Before I recommended them to anyone I wanted to see for my self that Evotech could properly tune a car.

You see at the end of the day it is all about money. Euroelites, Adam, Oliver all know what happened to my car. They also know that my videos helped them sell more products. Did I ever get sponsorship or a reasonable discount. NO, but that is ok... What really bothers me is that I haven't even received an email or a phone call since my engine went down... I won't quote how much money I spent, but you can do the math. Not even a phone call. WTF!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare