Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Fantasm
his cousin is the one that probably wrote the initial post.

- How about the fact that the tuner got the wrong brake pads and tried to argue that they were the right ones?

- How about the fact that the tuner said that the rear NOT lowering is NORMAL for the ELM, then later finding out that they DIDNT KNOW HOW TO WIRE IT?

No matter what the bros here try to defend the tuner with, there's no way that you can try to hide or excuse the above.
I agree thoes things suck, but come on you never messed up at you job? I know I have. after you mess up what do you do? fix it plain and simple.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:22 PM

Yes, that is amazing, a brand new tranny for a modded car, from the dealer.I can't even get my dealer to replace the ic pump.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
good thing you have warranty..or else this could of been even worst...

moral of the story.. even the best tuning can go wrong, and not sure if its worth the hassle.

S65 is plenty fast.. just cruise stock.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:26 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Biturbo your only hearing one side of the story! remember there is always two sides. usally something in the middle is right.

So ballz your car is all fixed execpt the bumper? I think thats what I read? If so what is it that you want outta your tuner? this anwser will tell all.
Adam is trying to be nice & resolve this.

They want free stuff.. Free software, and he wants Adam to take the fall for the bumper that he had nothing to do with...

That trannie was bad already... Bronze metal shavings, and extreme overheating does not come from a test drive...

They got a brand new free Trans & supercharger negotiated for them, and that would have not been easy to do on there own... And they Got a New Bosch Pump!

They should take that & run with it.

Period
Old 02-02-2008, 08:28 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Biturbo your only hearing one side of the story! remember there is always two sides. usally something in the middle is right.

So ballz your car is all fixed execpt the bumper? I think thats what I read? If so what is it that you want outta your tuner? this anwser will tell all.
Why don't tell me what would you do if you dropped your car of at your tuner's shope, and came back to pick up a few weeks later, and your front end was damaged, when it wasn't before? also tell how would you feel if you went through such a transaction, this isn't only about tuning, it's also about like I've been saying for the past day here, work ethics, and what you would expect from a professional. Rocket by your rationale, we should get treated like S@@t, mislead, our time wasted, and phisical damage to our cars, but in the end I got my car is still running, and the tuning is finally done, we should just be hunky dory. You keep implying that we're trying to get freebies, we were offered it today, and we refused, we want to resolve the issue, get those tuner to relized what they did, and understand that doing business in such manner, will not get you far. As for the phisical damage on the front end being fixed that is still not a freebie, and if you believe so, you sure are a the easiest client for any anybody to do business with. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:29 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
What about my resale value? I sure am happy with a new SC, but I wouldn't If I was buying this car, and found out that the tranny, or SC were replaced at such low milage.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:33 PM

SL65 AMG
Just go after them and dont waste your time with empty promises and lies. Sounds like you lost enough time already. As far as the bumper I agree the tuner didnt do the actual towing so go after who ever did hook up the car and towed it. You did get new parts but I feel you should still be compensated for your time and headache. Its no different then when you go out to eat and if they screw up your order, they will most likley comp at least the meal that was messed up if not the entire table, yes they messed up but they compensate you for it not just correct your meal and say we got it right the 2nd time around. Like I said time is money and if they wasted your time they owe you for that.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
Why don't tell me what would you do if you dropped your car of at your tuner's shope, and came back to pick up a few weeks later, and your front end was damaged, when it wasn't before? also tell how would you feel if you went through such a transaction, this isn't only about tuning, it's also about like I've been saying for the past day here, work ethics, and what you would expect from a professional. Rocket by your rationale, we should get treated like S@@t, mislead, our time wasted, and phisical damage to our cars, but in the end I got my car is still running, and the tuning is finally done, we should just be hunky dory. You keep implying that we're trying to get freebies, we were offered it today, and we refused, we want to resolve the issue, get those tuner to relized what they did, and understand that doing business in such manner, will not get you far. As for the phisical damage on the front end being fixed that is still not a freebie, and if you believe so, you sure are a the easiest client for any anybody to do business with. Thanks.
so you skipped my question. what is it that you want?

yes I agree 100% your bumper should get fixed. by the tow truck or your tuner.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by RoydRage
Adam is trying to be nice & resolve this.

They want free stuff.. Free software, and he wants Adam to take the fall for the bumper that he had nothing to do with...

That trannie was bad already... Bronze metal shavings, and extreme overheating does not come from a test drive...

They got a brand new free Trans & supercharger negotiated for them, and that would have not been easy to do on there own... And they Got a New Bosch Pump!

They should take that & run with it.

Period
well it's amazing how when I was offered an hour ago, by the tuner a free rentech ELM, I rufuesed it, I might have new SC, and my cousin might have a new tranny, but I would've hated to need those things without my warrenty, if they're refusing to take responsibillity, for their actions, as the metal shavings, why r u replying on his behalf, last time I check he was available, and well aware of this post, you obviously have either been mislead like us, or trying to mislead eveyone else, just like they did to us.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:37 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Just go after them and dont waste your time with empty promises and lies. Sounds like you lost enough time already. As far as the bumper I agree the tuner didnt do the actual towing so go after who ever did hook up the car and towed it. You did get new parts but I feel you should still be compensated for your time and headache. Its no different then when you go out to eat and if they screw up your order, they will most likley comp at least the meal that was messed up if not the entire table, yes they messed up but they compensate you for it not just correct your meal and say we got it right the 2nd time around. Like I said time is money and if they wasted your time they owe you for that.
Ohh Really?

How many people on these forums, How many people do I know that had to bring their car back to the dealers 7 or 8 times for the SAME problem?!?

Plenty, and do think you could sue the dealer for your wasted time?!? Please... That happens all the time, and the only thing the dealer would give is a free coffee mug.

RoydRage
Old 02-02-2008, 08:42 PM

SL55
well it's amazing how when I was offered an hour ago, by the tuner a free rentech ELM, I rufuesed it, I might have new SC, and my cousin might have a new tranny, but I would've hated to need those things without my warrenty, if they're refusing to take responsibillity, for their actions, as the metal shavings, why r u replying on his behalf, last time I check he was available, and well aware of this post, you obviously have either been mislead like us, or trying to mislead eveyone else, just like they did to us.
Like I said... Adam is really trying to be nice... Really have you demanded free products? Isn't this what all of this is about?

Personally... I if I was buying a car, and I knew that it had a brand new dealer installed Trans... It would greatly raise the value in my eyes... Low mileage? I seen bad trans on cars that had 3,000 mi. I would figure a bad Trans... Now I don't have to worry about it, because it was replaced and set up by the dealer... Now if it were rebuilt, OR from Lee Myles or something it would be a different story. But a Brand New Factory unit is AWESOME!

What was exactly wrong with the S/C anyway?

RoydRage
Old 02-02-2008, 08:44 PM

I will deal with this the way I feel appropriate, thank you all for your out put, just wanted to share what we went through.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I will deal with this the way I feel appropriate, thank you all for your out put, just wanted to share what we went through.
kinda what I thought you just want free shiit. I agree 100% you story sucks I would hate it also. but in the end all I would want was my car the way I gave it to them (bumper) and either stock or modded the way it should be.
I would never ask for anything more and if they offered OK sure but I wouldnt even expect it. Accidents happen why try and profit from it?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:57 PM

Rocket, if you're happy with adam, that's your business, but please don't let your emotions affect your judgement, bring me the person that said I asked for free S@@t, and have say it to me, better yet since you're the mediator, why don't we all meet over there and have them tell the same they're telling right now in my presence, and you'll see who's story sucks.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by RoydRage
Ohh Really?

How many people on these forums, How many people do I know that had to bring their car back to the dealers 7 or 8 times for the SAME problem?!?

Plenty, and do think you could sue the dealer for your wasted time?!? Please... That happens all the time, and the only thing the dealer would give is a free coffee mug.

RoydRage
Get a new dealer then, if they dont fix my car right they not only get me a new car to drive in the meantime but they comp me very well. I know you feel the need to stand up for adam and them but they need to step up and do what is right.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Rocket, if you're happy with adam, that's your business, but please don't let your emotions affect your judgement, bring me the person that said I asked for free S@@t, and have say it to me, better yet since you're the mediator, why don't we all meet over there and have them tell the same they're telling right now in my presence, and you'll see who's story sucks.
Im only guessing you want something for free since you wont anwser the question, here it is again what is it that you want?

I also didnt mean you were makin it up I meant your story (what happened to you) sucks

I have a problem with a product also right now and I belive you should not be scared to let everyone know whats goin on. but I will not try and get anything from anyone but what I paid for.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Get a new dealer then, if they dont fix my car right they not only get me a new car to drive in the meantime but they comp me very well. I know you feel the need to stand up for adam and them but they need to step up and do what is right.
the only thing right is you get your car back 100% you dont need anything else. Im not just sticking up for Adam go read jangys thread about creative I dont think he should get anything but a 100% car. and trust me I like jangy more than the tuner. the tuner didnt fix his car. this car is fixed.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
all this free shiit makes me sick Im gonna go watch the UFC now. maybe if MIR dont win pay per view will give me my money back and some other free shiit.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:14 PM

what are you trying to get out of me, that I want free stuff?? Wrong not at all, I just want to have my front end fixed, and want to at least let everyone know, that what you hear from those guys, isn't always true. Wasn't tunning that ruined my cousins tranny? if your tuner screws up the TCU, takes your car for a test drive at high speeds, when the tranny doesn't shift out of 1st, r u telling me that no damage will occur to my tranny, what a coinsidence, the tranny goes out right then and there? a lot of people are saying that it's better for resale if the tranny was replaced, who are you fooling? for a buyer with common sense would think that the car was either abused, or it was a lemon, or AMG really sucks. Now why don't you tell what do you think is a good compensation? I didn't expect anything for free, but I sure as hell, didn't expect all of that drama either.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:17 PM

What's up with all this talk about free ****? Where do I go to get some of this free **** I hear you talking about? I like free **** too!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 PM

SL65 AMG
the only thing right is you get your car back 100% you dont need anything else. Im not just sticking up for Adam go read jangys thread about creative I dont think he should get anything but a 100% car. and trust me I like jangy more than the tuner. the tuner didnt fix his car. this car is fixed.
Let me ask you what you think of going through something like this and in the end you get your car back to stock but cost you 500$ and time to go through all of it, is that good enough for you or is that a tuner taking care of a customer? I dont care if this was kleemann, renntech, mkb, vrp etc tuners need to stand by the cars they work on and TREAT customers good. In the end I think broken promises and lies make any bad situation like this worse. We all know the risk we take when we modify a car and for those of you who have not had a problem moddig a car just wait you will it happens to all of us but it is all in how it is handled.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:23 PM

SL65 AMG
all this free shiit makes me sick Im gonna go watch the UFC now. maybe if MIR dont win pay per view will give me my money back and some other free shiit.
mir better have has cardio up to par for lesner. glad you like UFC, it is good stuff and greg jackson's camp is here and they have some great fighters out of there and greg and mike are two of the best guys to work with. sorry
Old 02-02-2008, 09:23 PM

which part of the front end still damaged you don't understand, and just for them lying, and misleading us, maybe to you that's not a big deal, or maybe something you're ok with, but I sure as hell not, if you lie to your clients, and not take responsibility for your actions, and your so called normal tuning procedure you don't deserve to be in business. Again where do you come up with free stuff, if adam is telling so, have him say it right now, that I'm asking for free s@@t. It's amazing how some people are defending euroelites, but they respond to all of this. By the way their intenet is working fine, he obviously called after the post, to what he called make it right and offer me the ELM that I've been trying to order ever since I took my car in, and know he says he'll give it to me for free, and I refused.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Where's adam?..., I want to hear his side of the story...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
If Adam is smart he will avoid posting and deal with his customer issue off-line. Once the customer feels whole, they will typically post again saying so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare