W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Thanx.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:17 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
Lets avoid passing judgment unitl...

Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Where's adam?..., I want to hear his side of the story...
Here-here; I abosultely agree. So many times with disputes you read about on the net between the dealer and the individual we only get to hear the dealer's side from the person saying they were wronged by them...no offense Bally but it's just the way it is.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
.........I don't think that the thread starter was trying to smear the tuner. Infact he tried to concele the tuners identity. I also don't think that what happened here means that the tuner is a bad tuner.

............rather, what it points out is the dirty little secret of tuning high prized vehicles such as MB. The secret being that stuff can go wrong. and yes if it does, you the car owner will be stuck with it. That is just the truth. Your tuner can be nice to you and give you a glass of water when you arrive at the shop, but I don't neccassarily blame the tuner for not being eager to shell out thousands of bucks to replace a transmission.

..........what if your engine blows? really expect that the tuner will buy you a new engine? my point is that lets talk about these things honestly without sugar coating. Tuners should be open in discussing the risks associated with their products. Yes they should tell a potential customer that "your engine and or transmission might blow and if it does, we are nt going to replace it." They universally don't say any such thing. They want to make a sale, so they must hide the potential bad effects. This is where I fault them. There are risks, so lets stop hidding the risks.

.........A good place to start is, which of these tuners even have insurance to cover catastrophic losses such as a fried 65 engine? Maybe we shuld all insist on going to the ones that have this type of coverage. Tuners, your turn to chime in. What kind of coverage do you have? Or is your coverage limited to calling a tow truck for the customer to use to have their car towed out of your premises? setiously. Enough of the rosey pictures. What are the risks and what part of that risk should the customer expect to bear?

Ted
Old 02-02-2008, 10:43 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.........I don't think that the thread starter was trying to smear the tuner. Infact he tried to concele the tuners identity. I also don't think that what happened here means that the tuner is a bad tuner.

............rather, what it points out is the dirty little secret of tuning high prized vehicles such as MB. The secret being that stuff can go wrong. and yes if it does, you the car owner will be stuck with it. That is just the truth. Your tuner can be nice to you and give you a glass of water when you arrive at the shop, but I don't neccassarily blame the tuner for not being eager to shell out thousands of bucks to replace a transmission.

..........what if your engine blows? really expect that the tuner will buy you a new engine? my point is that lets talk about these things honestly without sugar coating. Tuners should be open in discussing the risks associated with their products. Yes they should tell a potential customer that "your engine and or transmission might blow and if it does, we are nt going to replace it." They universally don't say any such thing. They want to make a sale, so they must hide the potential bad effects. This is where I fault them. There are risks, so lets stop hidding the risks.

.........A good place to start is, which of these tuners even have insurance to cover catastrophic losses such as a fried 65 engine? Maybe we shuld all insist on going to the ones that have this type of coverage. Tuners, your turn to chime in. What kind of coverage do you have? Or is your coverage limited to calling a tow truck for the customer to use to have their car towed out of your premises? setiously. Enough of the rosey pictures. What are the risks and what part of that risk should the customer expect to bear?

Ted
well put. have dealt w/ Adam and have had a very favorable experience. where something wasn't right, he tried to make it right. fortunately, my rt-3 has performed/behaved wondefully. Adam has also followed up many times to make sure all was going well. not picking sides as am sympathetic to how it feels when things don't go quite right. again, my experience w/ EE's has been a very good one so far.

Last edited by m52e55; 02-02-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by m52e55
well put. have dealt w/ Adam and have had a very favorable experience. where something wasn't right, he tried to make it right. fortunately, my rt-3 has performed/behaved wondefully. Adam has also followed up many times to make sure all was going well. not picking sides as am sympathetic to how it feels when things don't go quite right. again, my experience w/ EE's has been very good one so far.
.........tht is the problem Most people have had good experiences so we forget that there are risks. The question you should ask yourself is what was the plan between you and your tuner in the event your engine or transmission blew? did you both have a plan? An agreement on what to do? Who was to foot the bill?

Ted
Old 02-02-2008, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Do we know who the tuner is for a fact?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
which part of the front end still damaged you don't understand, and just for them lying, and misleading us, maybe to you that's not a big deal, or maybe something you're ok with, but I sure as hell not, if you lie to your clients, and not take responsibility for your actions, and your so called normal tuning procedure you don't deserve to be in business. Again where do you come up with free stuff, if adam is telling so, have him say it right now, that I'm asking for free s@@t. It's amazing how some people are defending euroelites, but they respond to all of this. By the way their intenet is working fine, he obviously called after the post, to what he called make it right and offer me the ELM that I've been trying to order ever since I took my car in, and know he says he'll give it to me for free, and I refused.
Just letting you know I feel your pain and your point is well understood to me. As was stated, nothing in life is for sure and unfortunately things went bad with your modifications. It is how it was handled that disturbs me especially knowing how much money you probably spent. I don't think you will ever get through your point to some of the people you are going back and forth with so do not even bother anymore. Glad your car is running well now and I guess chalk this up to a new life lesson. Since the damage happened while in the hands of the tuner, it is my opinion that they are ultimately responsible. I feel they should pay for the damage immediately and you should make a claim against the tow truck. When the money is collected from that claim then you could reimburse the tuner. Just my thought. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:52 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
I'm glad I atl east got my point across to some people. Thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 11:58 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
all this free shiit makes me sick Im gonna go watch the UFC now. maybe if MIR dont win pay per view will give me my money back and some other free shiit.

Sorry to go bring this OT for the second time BUT!

The heck with the UFC, if your not watching Vazquez Vs. Maquez on Showtime... YOUR CRAZY!!!!

OMG WHAT A FIGHT! AND I KNOW FIGHTS!

RoydRage
Old 02-03-2008, 12:02 AM

2004 E55
haha. some of you guys crack me up.
so he brought a fine working car to the shop. He was mislead as to how long the process would take. i'm not even going to touch the brake issue, that speaks for the shop's competance itself. He gets his bumper damaged because of their negligence(ok, let's say freak accident) but yet you guys want him to be happy because he got a new supercharger from the dealer and his cousin got a new tranny?
think about it!!
A tranny that may have not needed replacement until he brought it in. those things should be replaced by the shop! if the shop pulled strings and got it fixed under warranty then good for them. But how's that the customer's responsibility.
For the guys saying that his resale value hasn't been affected PLEASE!!!
Say you are looking for a car.
You find a car you like, but it has had things replaced. even if under warranty that would make me weary. Let's add bumper damage! i wouldn't touch a car like that. I'm sure a lot of people would not pay top dollar for a car like that either. so he is losing, not just his time and money but more.!!

Should he get free stuff? NO, should he be made whole, Hell yeah!
If he has, then he should just drop the subject. However, he should have the right to share his story!
Will this story dissuade me from going to Euroelites? not really. They have plenty of satisfied customers so i'll take my chances.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 AM

SL55
Originally Posted by Bay Area User
so he brought a fine working car to the shop. He was mislead as to how long the process would take. i'm not even going to touch the brake issue, that speaks for the shop's competance itself. He gets his bumper damaged because of their negligence(ok, let's say freak accident) but yet you guys want him to be happy because he got a new supercharger from the dealer and his cousin got a new tranny?
How do YOU know what happened... Cause this guy says?

How do you know that the car was not damaged Before he brought it there?

How you know the car was in FINE working condition, What was the car's History... Was it bought at an Auction? Hmmmm?

The Trans showed evidence of abuse? It was on the way out anyway?

You're making statements and you have no idea what the sitsuation was... And He is Whole... Everything is working perfectly except that He CLAIMS the bumper was damaged there... He says / She Says. YOU crack ME up.

He wants FREE Stuff, and I put it to you that the original way the thread was started was" "This terrible thing happened at a tuners and I'm not telling you", but it was in his sig. The idea was to use this forum as a tool to apply pressure to Adam as threat, to extort free stuff that he is demanding... Like see I didn't tell them yet, you better give me what I want...

Pathtedic!

RoydRage

Last edited by RoydRage; 02-03-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Bay Area User
think about it!!
A tranny that may have not needed replacement until he brought it in. those things should be replaced by the shop! if the shop pulled strings and got it fixed under warranty then good for them. But how's that the customer's responsibility.
For the guys saying that his resale value hasn't been affected PLEASE!!!
Say you are looking for a car.
You find a car you like, but it has had things replaced. even if under warranty that would make me weary. Let's add bumper damage! i wouldn't touch a car like that. I'm sure a lot of people would not pay top dollar for a car like that either. so he is losing, not just his time and money but more.!!

Should he get free stuff? NO, should he be made whole, Hell yeah!
If he has, then he should just drop the subject. However, he should have the right to share his story!
Will this story dissuade me from going to Euroelites? not really. They have plenty of satisfied customers so i'll take my chances.
+1
However this experience would / will dissuade me from using the tuner. Yea they have plenty of satisfied customers because things usually go well. It is when things go bad that you get the real story of the business you are trusting with your car and spending hard earned money.

Jordan of 360 Forged is a perfect example. My stock wheels were stolen from his shop. He was doing me a favor by trying to sell them for me. He doesn't sell other people's wheels and he could have said sorry but my store was robbed and I had no control. But he knows the importance of customer service and loyalty. He without question said he would reimburse me immediately and he did. I assume he will get insurance money but maybe not. Either way he made a customer for life for his integrity and taking responsibility for my wheels under his possession.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by france2112
Just letting you know I feel your pain and your point is well understood to me. As was stated, nothing in life is for sure and unfortunately things went bad with your modifications. It is how it was handled that disturbs me especially knowing how much money you probably spent. I don't think you will ever get through your point to some of the people you are going back and forth with so do not even bother anymore. Glad your car is running well now and I guess chalk this up to a new life lesson. Since the damage happened while in the hands of the tuner, it is my opinion that they are ultimately responsible. I feel they should pay for the damage immediately and you should make a claim against the tow truck. When the money is collected from that claim then you could reimburse the tuner. Just my thought. Good luck.
.............I basically agree with you. But these tuners are not like multi million dollar operations. These are mostly a bunch of guys with a garage, some knowledge and some connections. Even big tuners like Renntech and Kleemann are not big companies. They lack the ability to absorb the costs of fixing the problems their products may cause. I think we all have been exposing ourselves to huge risks by trusting our cars to companies that do not have the financial ability to withstand the huge hit that may result if their products cause ham to your engine. Solving minor mishaps like Being able to fix your check engine light after an ECU upgrade is not a true measure of how good the tuner is. What a customer wants to know is if my engine blows, will you replace it? If the answer is no, it should CLEARLY stated.

.........I basically think that they all should obtain insurance for this purpose or expressly tell the customer that the customer is going to be left out in the cold if something really bad happens. But they are afraid of loosing sales, so they will do neither of the above. Instead we are bombarded daily by info on how great their products are.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 02-03-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
all this free shiit makes me sick Im gonna go watch the UFC now. maybe if MIR dont win pay per view will give me my money back and some other free shiit.
from what i read, i think ballz just wants to get the bumper fixed.... you know, the condition his car was in b4 the tune.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:26 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by RoydRage
How do YOU know what happened... Cause this guy says?

How do you know that the car was not damaged Before he brought it there?

How you know the car was in FINE working condition, What was the car's History... Was it bought at an Auction? Hmmmm?

The Trans showed evidence of abuse? It was on the way out anyway?

You're making statements and you have no idea what the sitsuation was... And He is Whole... Everything is working perfectly except that He CLAIMS the bumper was damaged there... He says / She Says. YOU crack ME up.

He wants FREE Stuff, and I put it to you that the original way the thread was started was" "This terrible thing happened at a tuners and I'm not telling you", but it was in his sig. The idea was to use this forum as a tool to apply pressure to Adam as threat, to extort free stuff that he is demanding... Like see I didn't tell them yet, you better give me what I want...

Pathtedic!

RoydRage
we could argue all night, but ultimately we weren't there! what do we know?
you ask me how i know he's car was in optimum condition before? well.. how do you know it wasn't? we can only stipulate!!

It's clear that you and a couple of other members will defend euroelites no matter what.. and that's fine!!!

How do you justify the wrong brake parts and the inability to wire the lowering module correctly? I'm curious!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:33 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
i get this feeling that if the tuner was joeblow tuner, you guys would be all over the tuner. the argument is now skewed because everyone here has dealt w/ ee b4 and has been happy. emotions are running this discussion.

mistakes happen and if ee is at fault, they should fix it and make the customer happy period.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:34 AM

I appreciate the support, and respect the ones that don't, but to let you know I'm not here to threaten, or extort anyone, to apply pressure, maybe, to get the tuners attention, that I never had before maybe, but I'm not asking for more than what I believe we deserve, If I was an Ahole, looking for free stuff, I would've went straight to my attorney, I'm trying to have them do me and my cousin right!!! stuff happens sure, but not everything, from A-Z, I mean from brakes, to them lying to us about ECU flashes, to the car being damaged, I have pics of the car before and after, when we noticed the front end, the tuner ran to the trunk, and said " see those scratches on there, that's because that car was salvaged, and the trunk was off", when we bought this car not from an auction, but from a dealer, and we sure as hell did our homework on title, and it's clear. It's 100k car, please don't tell me that my car was a hunk of crap before we took it there, better yet both of 55, 65 AMGs, were, WOW

Last edited by BallzyS55; 02-03-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:38 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Bottles are for babies real men get blown
http://youtube.com/watch?v=efNVCE77VmQ

Being the devils advocate here:
Could doing burn outs like the video be a sign of potential abuse?
Old 02-03-2008, 01:45 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by amgme
i get this feeling that if the tuner was joeblow tuner, you guys would be all over the tuner. the argument is now skewed because everyone here has dealt w/ ee b4 and has been happy. emotions are running this discussion.
+1.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:50 AM

Sand, that's all you got to say, wow, thax
Old 02-03-2008, 02:13 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Sand, that's all you got to say, wow, thax
I have plenty to say but nothing else to add. My arguments for both sides have been expressed throughout the thread. I just think it's a bit odd that the car was not abused before taking it to the "shop" however the video shows otherwise.

I am not saying you do not have a valid position to be angry.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Being the devils advocate here:
Could doing burn outs like the video be a sign of potential abuse?
It certainly would not be approved by MB.

But then again, a lot of stuff we do with these cars would not be.

We really need to hear from the tuner before jumping to any conclusions....Although a lack of hearing from the tuner might be an admition of guilt also.

If we go with the admition of guilt, then I feel (As a business owner myself) the tuner should refund the cost of the ECU/TCU tunes and return the vehicles to their stock tune and let the customer go elsewhere for this service since everything that goes bad with this car from this point on will be blamed on the faulty tunes. The tunes really don't cost much if anything physically.

The ELM should be removed and refunded since again anything going wrong with the vehicle suspension wise will be blamed on it.

The physical damage to the car should be paid for by the towing company's insurance....which they all have this for this very reason.

The tuner should then make sure the customer feels whole with this resolution and should get the customer's blessing on making things right and post it to this thread accordingly and the post should then be
Old 02-03-2008, 02:18 AM

a few burnouts here and there and my car is abused, these cars must be realy crapy.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by amgme

mistakes happen and if ee is at fault, they should fix it and make the customer happy period.
Nope not me. I say once again jangy and creative problems I was the same way with jangy disagreeing about going after renntech. I like jangy but dont feel it was right. same here ballz still has not said straight up what it is he wants. if his car is fixed and all that is lacking is the bumper. is that it all he wants is a bumper? I can totaly understand that and totaly agree with that. but I want to see him say that here????

OT: UFC was good for the card they had. MIR won like I figured but brock might be a huge force some day. not sure if it was roid or bi turbo that said watch the boxing on showtime. na boxing is weak, I train MMA so im biased. Im sure you must box so you like that better. but I like the fact that someone can be getting beat down then outta no where the other guy gets submited.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Timeless
It certainly would not be approved by MB.

But then again, a lot of stuff we do with these cars would not be.

We really need to hear from the tuner before jumping to any conclusions....Although a lack of hearing from the tuner might be an admition of guilt also.

If we go with the admition of guilt, then I feel (As a business owner myself) the tuner should refund the cost of the ECU/TCU tunes and return the vehicles to their stock tune and let the customer go elsewhere for this service since everything that goes bad with this car from this point on will be blamed on the faulty tunes. The tunes really don't cost much if anything physically.

The ELM should be removed and refunded since again anything going wrong with the vehicle suspension wise will be blamed on it.

The physical damage to the car should be paid for by the towing company's insurance....which they all have this for this very reason.

The tuner should then make sure the customer feels whole with this resolution and should get the customer's blessing on making things right and post it to this thread accordingly and the post should then be
sound 100% fair

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare