Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Jody,

Didn't you have a special tune done to your car for a very unique special modification that may be different from the "usual" tune the rest of us had. I am trying to figure out wether I need to be concerned about my tuned ECU for my headers and TB.........
Nothing out of the Norm, your regurlar tune for TB, headers, pulleys and I had EGS as well.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Zoink, I have taken my time and read this thread, and cant help but ask you this:
Why are you so defensive about the tuner, and why are you trying so hard to discredit Ballzy and cousin's cars and credibility?
Tech Tune, please re-read my posts and my posts only.... and tell me where I'm defensive. Where and how I discredited Ballzy? He misunderstood my posts several times and I tried to fix that.

I think there are 3 types of posts that I posted:

1. Stating my experience w/ EE. If you could read between the line, I was not defending them. I only said that I had a good experience and chose to still believe in them. If you understand statistics, Ballzy's case may be an outliar (a fluke). Albeit it is not false information and it's showing how EE handled bad situation, I just wanted to remind people the good experiences some members had and don't discredit them.

2. Ask questions. Ballzy's asked for opinions and I tried to give one, thus, I needed more information. What's wrong by asking questions such as:
- Is your car running now w/ all EE mods? If it is not, that's a completely different ball game, don't you think?

I expressed my opinion (saying that if I were him, I would've been happy already) and he had another opinion saying that he wasn't happy, which is fine. I respect that and it's OP's rights even though that beat the purpose of "asking for opinions".

3. Stop all the speculations and assumptions. I only tossed out possibilities that OP may have threatened legal action against EE or the other way around. I don't know whether it actually happened or will happen. But if this is the case, IMO (IN MY OPINION - does not whatsoever represents anyone, including OP and EE), it would be best for EE to stay quiet. Ideally, I would love to see a post from EE... saying that a resolution is being worked... or an offer has been made but OP rejected so nothing more they could do... or along that line. But apparently, EE seems to have a different opinion... complete silent is the best while I don't agree w/ that, like most members, I respect that.

So... Tech Tune, I challenge you where I'm very defensive... you may feel there's a slight defensive tone in some of my posts... it could be because you read my post about my experience w/ EE first... but either way as I've been saying numerous times... I tried to be neutral.

If your friend is accused of something that you know it's out of his norm, you would ask questions... a little skeptical (note: skeptical is not the same as defensive). Don't you think it's reasonable? And don't you think it always takes two to tango?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Adam is a nice guy... Oliver was going to personally tune my car since the prior tune that he sold me destroyed it. The timing on the tune was WAY to aggressive and I have pages and pages of data logging to prove it. It seemed however that in order for Oliver to get on a plane and come tune my car we had to have a bunch of other cars on the east coast be tuned at the same time. Do you think I was going to be a part of that considering what had happened to my car. Before I recommended them to anyone I wanted to see for my self that Evotech could properly tune a car.

You see at the end of the day it is all about money. Euroelites, Adam, Oliver all know what happened to my car. They also know that my videos helped them sell more products. Did I ever get sponsorship or a reasonable discount. NO, but that is ok... What really bothers me is that I haven't even received an email or a phone call since my engine went down... I won't quote how much money I spent, but you can do the math. Not even a phone call. WTF!!!
Pisses me off too Sleeper_X.......

Jay
Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 AM

SL65 AMG
admin I think we need to look at EE as a site sponser and really think of removing them. I also think this thread needs to be a sticky.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
you know everyone says Adams a nice guy..... I'll be the first to say it.... I dont care how nice anyone is. If he sold me stuff that blows up my car, hes really not that nice... Im partial to RennTech being that i have bought stuff from them in the past... They are the more expensive choice, but R&D costs money..... And the same goes with all the high end tuners... I dont know, reading all of this gets me pissed off.... Im going to punch a wall now...
Old 02-05-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by jwanee84
wow, this thread is out of control! As one of the members mentioned, before this I have heard nothing but good things about them so I was hesitant to post my experience with them. Also despite the BS, Adam worked very hard to try to get me back up. First ECU tuned by Oliver FRIED!!! They had to purchase a brand new ECU for me but all the shipping back and forth got expensive and I had to pay to get the ECU coded. New ECU was reflashed but I am still having problems with it. Now I am getting all kinds of sensor failure codes and an implausible transmission to gear ratio code as well. I do not have any evidence at this point that the errors are due to the flash so I will not blame them at this point. I am going to have it diagnosed and get to the bottom of this. Either way my point is that I have had an unpleasant experience with this company as well. I hope all this comes to a closure and gets straightened out soon. For the sake of EE and the customers!
This is simply incredible... why the heck aren't you people posting this sooner? The whole point of this forum is to share information and help prevent this sort of thing from happening
Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 AM

SL65 AMG
I think why some of us didnt post was we didnt want to bash the tuner. People are quick to bash tuners and I didnt feel it was right. To be fair I dealt with them once before and tony and adam were great and the transaction was smooth, thats why I went back again. the second time cost me money and time. It was small mistakes that got bigger and bigger. I agree talking to adam and tony they both seem like nice guys just trying to earn a buck like the rest of us but that does not mean they have not wronged me. I think if they messed up to just come forward state they did and try and make things right. We all make mistakes and we just need to man up and admit that and move on.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Jody,

Didn't you have a special tune done to your car for a very unique special modification that may be different from the "usual" tune the rest of us had. I am trying to figure out wether I need to be concerned about my tuned ECU for my headers and TB.........

Maybe we both need to dyno and check A/F and make sure the "tune" is not dangerous?

I will go dyno today if possible, my car and experience have been fine with EE.
However as many I am suprised to see some of the horror stories. Everyone with an Oliver "tuned" ECU may wish to data log and make certain it is safe, either with OBD or on an actual dyno.

Unfortunate that this thread was created prior to exploritory resolution and communication between the parties involved. It is likely the tuner is now seeking remedy, it may not be the type of remedy the customer wanted. Keep emotion out , negotiate, work it out, this is not the seige of Leningrad.

An ECU tune is certainly not worth a "blown engine" so at this point it would be nice if the tuner created a thread to address the concerns that have arisen from the OP's experience and what has come out.

Last edited by juicee63; 02-05-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Someone previously mentioned that it doesnt matter whether or not they screwed up. Its what they do for you at the end of the day that matters. My problems also started off minor and just kept growing. Leading from one thing to another. stuff happens! I will let you all know what the out come is after I get the car diagnosed.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:54 AM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
admin I think we need to look at EE as a site sponser and really think of removing them. I also think this thread needs to be a sticky.
Ouch! It looks like EE has screwed over a bunch of people, and it's flown under the radar for a long time. It's good it's finally getting out, but it seems like it took way too long.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Bay Area User
haha. some of you guys crack me up.
so he brought a fine working car to the shop. He was mislead as to how long the process would take. i'm not even going to touch the brake issue, that speaks for the shop's competance itself. He gets his bumper damaged because of their negligence(ok, let's say freak accident) but yet you guys want him to be happy because he got a new supercharger from the dealer and his cousin got a new tranny?
think about it!!
A tranny that may have not needed replacement until he brought it in. those things should be replaced by the shop! if the shop pulled strings and got it fixed under warranty then good for them. But how's that the customer's responsibility.
For the guys saying that his resale value hasn't been affected PLEASE!!!
Say you are looking for a car.
You find a car you like, but it has had things replaced. even if under warranty that would make me weary. Let's add bumper damage! i wouldn't touch a car like that. I'm sure a lot of people would not pay top dollar for a car like that either. so he is losing, not just his time and money but more.!!

Should he get free stuff? NO, should he be made whole, Hell yeah!
If he has, then he should just drop the subject. However, he should have the right to share his story!
Will this story dissuade me from going to Euroelites? not really. They have plenty of satisfied customers so i'll take my chances.
+1
After reading and listening to all but the Tuner himself in question...I feel like Bay Area User!

Rather the trans was starting to go bad or was bad it still performed fine to have the work done...if you go to dealership with a problem unforseen by them to have some other work done they will replace items for free thru warranty if possible and if car is under warranty...No one even great reputable Tuners would like to fork out the kind of cash the AMG tranny and SC goes for installed...I have yet to read a post by the OP requesting free items so lets try to clarify things better and explain why if a Tuner's name is mentioned(and not by the OP first) why would they not come out to defend themselves...in most cases any reputable person would have posted by now being I read already 85 posts now as I continue to read forward I will see if the Tuner comes out to defend themselves and edit my post accordingly...Once again even if the Tranny or SC were going bad as long as they were fine entering any autoshop they are presumed fine and should be fixed...just thank God the both cars had warranty thus saving the Tuner's a$$...if both cars would have broken down prior to service done by Tuner then warranty would of replaced them free anyways.Hopefully the Tuner chimes in and we could hear their story on this subject...I had an issue where I had warranty work and a nice size ding and dime size paint chip were caused there and the dealer fixed it without any complains...so please all who seem on defense of the Tuner not specified by the OP at first...everyone has a right to vent especially if the issue they went thru is true...as for the OP and his cousin I wish you all the best and including the Tuner...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by zoink
Tech Tune, please re-read my posts and my posts only.... and tell me where I'm defensive. Where and how I discredited Ballzy? He misunderstood my posts several times and I tried to fix that.

I think there are 3 types of posts that I posted:

1. Stating my experience w/ EE. If you could read between the line, I was not defending them. I only said that I had a good experience and chose to still believe in them. If you understand statistics, Ballzy's case may be an outliar (a fluke). Albeit it is not false information and it's showing how EE handled bad situation, I just wanted to remind people the good experiences some members had and don't discredit them.

2. Ask questions. Ballzy's asked for opinions and I tried to give one, thus, I needed more information. What's wrong by asking questions such as:
- Is your car running now w/ all EE mods? If it is not, that's a completely different ball game, don't you think?

I expressed my opinion (saying that if I were him, I would've been happy already) and he had another opinion saying that he wasn't happy, which is fine. I respect that and it's OP's rights even though that beat the purpose of "asking for opinions".

3. Stop all the speculations and assumptions. I only tossed out possibilities that OP may have threatened legal action against EE or the other way around. I don't know whether it actually happened or will happen. But if this is the case, IMO (IN MY OPINION - does not whatsoever represents anyone, including OP and EE), it would be best for EE to stay quiet. Ideally, I would love to see a post from EE... saying that a resolution is being worked... or an offer has been made but OP rejected so nothing more they could do... or along that line. But apparently, EE seems to have a different opinion... complete silent is the best while I don't agree w/ that, like most members, I respect that.

So... Tech Tune, I challenge you where I'm very defensive... you may feel there's a slight defensive tone in some of my posts... it could be because you read my post about my experience w/ EE first... but either way as I've been saying numerous times... I tried to be neutral.

If your friend is accused of something that you know it's out of his norm, you would ask questions... a little skeptical (note: skeptical is not the same as defensive). Don't you think it's reasonable? And don't you think it always takes two to tango?
No offence, but give it a rest please. If you have nothing new to say/info please don't add to it.

I believe you have stated your point(s) already in large walls of text many times over

Last edited by Zod; 02-05-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
admin I think we need to look at EE as a site sponser
+1

I'd like to think that a sponsor would have some kind of responsibility to the forum other than just writing a check...

At this point, the number of "E.E. blew up my car" horror stories exceeds the number of posts where they actually did a decent job, and they've done absolutely nothing to answer the questions about why so many different people are left hanging in the wind...

Then of course the OP is still tooling around with a busted bumper and 100hp missing. If they don't want to address the issues, then this forum shouldn't keep sending members over there to get screwed...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zod
No offence, but give it a rest please. If you have nothing new to say/info please don't add to it.

I believe you have stated your point(s) already in large walls of text many times over
But apparently some people still don't get them and stop speculating, hence, my posts many times over.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Speculating, Zoink do you know how may time you said that word? and you know why, because ee wont post back, not because of legal actions, but because they've made it clear to me that they will not do anything for me of my cousin. I was told so by them. That's fair right? cause if they don't believe they did something wrong, why should they fix anyhting? now where is the speculations?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

*sigh* If you don't get my posts, then you'll never get it.... I rest my case.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:26 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Juicee your on to somethig........

Originally Posted by juicee63
Maybe we both need to dyno and check A/F and make sure the "tune" is not dangerous?

I will go dyno today if possible, my car and experience have been fine with EE.
However as many I am suprised to see some of the horror stories. Everyone with an Oliver "tuned" ECU may wish to data log and make certain it is safe, either with OBD or on an actual dyno.

Unfortunate that this thread was created prior to exploritory resolution and communication between the parties involved. It is likely the tuner is now seeking remedy, it may not be the type of remedy the customer wanted. Keep emotion out , negotiate, work it out, this is not the seige of Leningrad.

An ECU tune is certainly not worth a "blown engine" so at this point it would be nice if the tuner created a thread to address the concerns that have arisen from the OP's experience and what has come out.
Maybe you could start a thread for Members who have had EE/Oliver tunes so that we can address our concerns collectively......
Old 02-05-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by zoink
But apparently some people still don't get them and stop speculating, hence, my posts many times over.
Dude, just open your eyes.
And for the record the count just went from 4, to now 5 damaged cars by this tuner.
But hey, maybe all involved coincidentally had lemons for cars. AMG's must realy suck

You obviously don't know what its like to get screwed by a tuner. On the other hand, I, and alot of others do know the feeling and are sympathizing with the true victim here: THE CUSTOMER.
Try blowing thousands upon thousands of dollars on tuner related repairs, and then we'll see how pro-tuner you sound afterwards.

Zoink, listen, I don't want to start chit with you, just be careful of these guys.
From what I've seen and heard of them lately, I'm very unimpressed.

Sure, back in October (at MIR) they wore the matching AMG jackets and looked very professional with their laptops running around data-logging every bodies cars, but that doesn't mean they are professional business men.
Its how you handle situations is what defines you to the public as a success or a failure.

Theres just one thing I don't quite understand though:
Renntech stopped dealing with them about a year ago (according to Bob Brady), yet during the past year they continued selling Renntech products at incredibly discounted prices. If this is true, doesn't anyone want to know why?

I also remember hearing (again within the past year) that they are a Renntech authorized dealer.

Whats the deal, whats up with that?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:29 PM

A slow Tahoe!
TCU flash will fry your Tranny.

I've had it happen to me, not on my E55 but on my other car. Uploaded the software and within 2 hrs the tranny was fried. I had to replace it ($1,800.00) Everyone I've talked to recommends not to mess with the tranny software, there's a 50/50 chance it will help or fry it. I'll never make that mistake again.

We all know going in to modding ours cars that there is a risk there, if OP didn't do his research before he decided to add mods he's made a big mistake. While the tuner should pay for any damages and make the deal right, he's not solely to blame. When someone questioned the OP's research before he bought the car he claimed "when we bought this car not from an auction, but from a dealer, and we sure as hell did our homework on title, and it's clear." Why didn't he do his homework on mods? In his post he never admits he could've did anything different. I hope the tuner makes this problem go away, I just got a quote to have my bumper painted for $300.00 (I'm having that ugly plate removed and the holes filled), so what I get is that all the OP wants his bumper fix and a apology. But personally I think he's asking for more. If this was my issue I would ask for the same and take no less. You'll have to chalk the lost value of the car to the risks involved with modding a car. Just my .02
Old 02-05-2008, 03:35 PM

CLS55, S550
The RENNtech parts they sold were display only items that RENNtech sent over 2 years ago to Evotech.

Evotech got them for free so they could give them away if they wanted.

Bob Brady
Old 02-05-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
ECU tuning should ALWAYS be done in concert with a dyno, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Listening to your engine or taking the car for a test drive won't tell you where your A/F mixture is or whether your ECU is pulling timing all over the place. I've programmed and reprogrammed the AEM ECU on my Supra many times, and not once was it done without a trip to the dyno. There is no such thing as "plug and play" when it comes to the way your engine runs, too many variables, moving parts, and to much damn money involved. Excellent point Juice.

People in the Euro luxury car market need to take a long hard look at how people have been successfully tuning Japanese cars for decades. There is no quick fix, guys in Japan would rather cut 2" pieces of titanium and weld them back together to make a proper header than do it half-a$$ed. If someone tells me they're going to tune my engine AND my transmission in 20 minutes, I'm heading off to the next establishment.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Dude, just open your eyes.
And for the record the count just went from 4, to now 5 damaged cars by this tuner.
But hey, maybe all involved coincidentally had lemons for cars. AMG's must realy suck

You obviously don't know what its like to get screwed by a tuner. On the other hand, I, and alot of others do know the feeling and are sympathizing with the true victim here: THE CUSTOMER.
Try blowing thousands upon thousands of dollars on tuner related repairs, and then we'll see how pro-tuner you sound afterwards.

Zoink, listen, I don't want to start chit with you, just be careful of these guys.
From what I've seen and heard of them lately, I'm very unimpressed.

Sure, back in October (at MIR) they wore the matching AMG jackets and looked very professional with their laptops running around data-logging every bodies cars, but that doesn't mean they are professional business men.
Its how you handle situations is what defines you to the public as a success or a failure.

Theres just one thing I don't quite understand though:
Renntech stopped dealing with them about a year ago (according to Bob Brady), yet during the past year they continued selling Renntech products at incredibly discounted prices. If this is true, doesn't anyone want to know why?

I also remember hearing (again within the past year) that they are a Renntech authorized dealer.

Whats the deal, whats up with that?
Bro there are lots of stuff you dont know behind the sceens stuff, Ill give you a lil teaser. oliver used to write software for renn. renn didnt and still hasnt payed him alot I mean alot of cash for his work oliver had renn parts and gave them to adam to sell. Adam also left renn for evotech. Renn didnt get rid of Adam.
There are always unknown things that are not posted so jumpin to conclusions is not always right. Everyone jumped on Adams case when you guys dont know the whole story. Also Adam will not post here he was threatened with a law suit the first day. If Adam posts up something it will just add fuel to the fire. His attorny already said stay off the board in case a suit comes.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
ECU tuning should ALWAYS be done in concert with a dyno, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Listening to your engine or taking the car for a test drive won't tell you where your A/F mixture is or whether your ECU is pulling timing all over the place. I've programmed and reprogrammed the AEM ECU on my Supra many times, and not once was it done without a trip to the dyno. There is no such thing as "plug and play" when it comes to the way your engine runs, too many variables, moving parts, and to much damn money involved. Excellent point Juice.

People in the Euro luxury car market need to take a long hard look at how people have been successfully tuning Japanese cars for decades. There is no quick fix, guys in Japan would rather cut 2" pieces of titanium and weld them back together to make a proper header than do it half-a$$ed. If someone tells me they're going to tune my engine AND my transmission in 20 minutes, I'm heading off to the next establishment.
You mentioned JDM here and alot of people don't like JDM in reference to their Euro cars...
I have yelllow fogs and some people/members didn't like them...but ultimately its me who has to like it right...
Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
this just gets more interesting. time to break out the
Old 02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by c32used
You mentioned JDM here and alot of people don't like JDM in reference to their Euro cars...
Maybe that's why their cars are blowing up? Seriously how many previous German cars were tuned to the extent you see all of the blown 55's and 65's? Maybe you can make an argument for the Audi crew with the B5 S4, but those guys lifted their blueprint straight from BPU Supras. You can't draw a parallel to any point in German car tuning history, but you can definitely parallel it to the F/I Japanese cars of the 90's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare