Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Adam is a nice guy... Oliver was going to personally tune my car since the prior tune that he sold me destroyed it. The timing on the tune was WAY to aggressive and I have pages and pages of data logging to prove it. It seemed however that in order for Oliver to get on a plane and come tune my car we had to have a bunch of other cars on the east coast be tuned at the same time. Do you think I was going to be a part of that considering what had happened to my car. Before I recommended them to anyone I wanted to see for my self that Evotech could properly tune a car.

You see at the end of the day it is all about money. Euroelites, Adam, Oliver all know what happened to my car. They also know that my videos helped them sell more products. Did I ever get sponsorship or a reasonable discount. NO, but that is ok... What really bothers me is that I haven't even received an email or a phone call since my engine went down... I won't quote how much money I spent, but you can do the math. Not even a phone call. WTF!!!
That does suck and am dissapointed to read it. I can tell you that I have sent no less than five people to Aaron @ StealtAuto since I had my tune done and Aaron is ALWAYS greatful and sends me thank you letters. He even offers special deals on other products he sells to me as a thank you. I believe this is the proper way to take care of a good customer...especially one that does referrals for your business.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Tha's exactly one of my points Sleeper, it's cutomer service, and work ethics. If you promise your client something stick to it, be honest and straight forward, do you think ever since I did the Ecu tune , like they said they were going to do a diognose on my car a week of so later, after the car adapts to the new file, they ever did, no one time they say they'll do something, then they come back and say no we don't need to do it. It's the way they do things, and the way they go about their business, and responsibilities, atfirst I was ready to go with everything rocket's car had, I think they said Stage 5, after the way we were treated, and I'm not saying they were rude, no, they were very misleading, and once more unprofessional. I'm not for sure now.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Rocket and Royd, who made you guys the voice for Adam(if this is Euroelites)? I see that U guys keep defending him as though U have had discussions regarding this incident.
Never said I was the voice of anyone. And I have said his story (things that happened) sucks. but I also see or think I see around this thread that he wants something since he will not anwser it straight the other 3 times I ask. I will ask 1 more time

What is it that you want????
Old 02-03-2008, 03:23 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
why, r u gonna get me what I want, if you say yes, I'll answer you.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:31 PM

If you're gonna sit here and defend them, and decide not to believe me, that's fine, I respect your opinion, but asking me what I want, what is that gonna solve. I talked to adam, and basicly he said, he'll pay for my ELM from his pocket, I told him that's not what I want, I want ee to step up, and take responsibility for their actions. See that's where I see
Old 02-03-2008, 03:35 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Never said I was the voice of anyone. And I have said his story (things that happened) sucks. but I also see or think I see around this thread that he wants something since he will not anwser it straight the other 3 times I ask. I will ask 1 more time

What is it that you want????
Funny, that is always the question someone asks after they F something up, and then do a **** poor job of trying to make it right.
I think the question you should be asking is, "What is it that you DON'T want"
I DON'T want my transmission blown
I DON'T want my SC blown
I DON'T want to be lied to
I DON'T want to be mislead
I DON'T want to have my bumper yanked off by some retard towtruck driver you hired
I DON'T want to sit around your shop all day while you chase your tail
I DON'T want to hear you overpromise and underdeliver
I DON'T want to feel as though I'm being taken advantage of
And lastly, I just want my car to be done the way it was promised in a timely and professional manner.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 PM

+1 LZH thanx
Old 02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
why, r u gonna get me what I want, if you say yes, I'll answer you.
of coarse im not givin you anything. the only reason I ask is cuzz I think you want something outta this and thats why you started this thread. you cant say you blame me cuzz you wont say what it is you want. I would be askin this same question if it were any tuner. I have seen this tacktic before thats why I ask the question. all you have to do is anwser and put it to rest. of coarse you dont have to anwser and Ill just keep thinkin what I think.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by LZH
Funny, that is always the question someone asks after they F something up, and then do a **** poor job of trying to make it right.
I think the question you should be asking is, "What is it that you DON'T want"
I DON'T want my transmission blown
I DON'T want my SC blown
I DON'T want to be lied to
I DON'T want to be mislead
I DON'T want to have my bumper yanked off by some retard towtruck driver you hired
I DON'T want to sit around your shop all day while you chase your tail
I DON'T want to hear you overpromise and underdeliver
I DON'T want to feel as though I'm being taken advantage of
And lastly, I just want my car to be done the way it was promised in a timely and professional manner.
of coarse no one wants this to happen but sorry it did. witch Im not sayin it didnt or its your fault Im not sayin anything negitive about you at all other than this thread ws started for other reasons. thats my personal opnion!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:48 PM

Rocket you're entitled to your opinion, bro you don't have to agree with me, or even believe me for that matter, in this case what you do or don't think is really irrelevant, due to the simple fact that I know what happened, and you're the one who will keep on going back there, so ultimately you decision will only affect you. Good luck to ya:

Last edited by BallzyS55; 02-03-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 PM

It was started for two reasons, first to share this with the members of this forum, and also like I said earlier to get the attention of the tuners that I never had, and to show them, just maybe after people dislike the way they did business that they could change their way, for me, and for future clients. A good business, is not measured when things go right, but when things go bad, this is when a true, and professional business steps up to the plate, and believe it or not, they haven’t, they offered me a free ELM, and told me that my cousin's car had damage prior to taking it to their shop, because it was salvaged. Besides all the other BS they put us through, are you serious, you're asking my what I want, why don't ask them, after all of this what do they take blame for, and what are they willing to do to fix it, then let me know.

Last edited by BallzyS55; 02-03-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
It was started for two reasons, first to share this with the members of this forum, and also like I said earlier to get the attention of the tuners that I never had, and to show them, just maybe after people dislike the way they did business that they could change their way, for me, and for future clients. A good business, is not measured when things go right, but when things go bad, this is when a true, and professional business steps up to the plate, and believe it or not, they haven’t, they offered me a free ELM, and told me that my cousin's car had damage prior to taking it to their shop, because it was salvaged. Besides all the other BS they put us through, are you serious, you're asking my what I want, why don't ask them, after all of this what do they take blame to, and are they willing to do to fix it, then let me know.
your post stared off good and lost it half way. lettin people know what happened is a great anwser and I would thankyou for it. then goin on to ask what they will do to make it right? I thought the car was right with the bumper still needing to be fixed? If all you want is the bumper fixed you are 100% in the right. if you want to sue or get free parts or free steak dinner then you IMO are 100% wrong.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by RoydRage
Na... Boxing rules Cuz... Why was Liddel dominent... Cause he had the best standup... And you KNOW that that's the most exciting. Do you know what a pro would do to him? He's a good boxer for MMA, but he's no where near a good boxer. I like MMA... sure.

I trained @ Gleasons Gym in Brooklyn for 8 years... But I'm first and formost a Street Fighter Probably a couple hundred fights... But I tell you my closest fights were with Collegent wrestlers... Very very tuff, great stamina, and strong... I powerlifted for years so that's never a problem... But they have endurance, and wear you down.... watch the rubber match of Vazquez Vs. Marquez on showtime in March. You will be a fan.

Guys used to come in every Week, and say "I'm a 7th degree Black Belt, and I want to spar with your best guy, the trainer used to tell the guy that mopped the rings up to go a few round with them, and he would knock them out in 2 sec! Seriously.

Best,

RoydRage
chuck is/was good cuzz you couldnt get him down and he would then knock people out with better striking. thoes that got him down randy and rampage beat him. if you put chuck in the ring with a real boxer I would bet he would use his wrestling skills and win the fight. if he tryed to stand up and prove something he would probably get whooped. thats what makes MMA better you need to know 3 things not 1.

Sorry ballz for the
Old 02-03-2008, 04:07 PM

The cars are right with replaced tranny and SC, and the front end still damaged, the lies, and all the BS, sure if you say so.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Sorry ballz for the [/QUOTE]

No problem
Old 02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS55, BMW 540, SUPRA
When i read threads like this it reminds me of the scams that are done to senior citizens. Most are so ashamed that they were duped that they never tell anybody cause they dont want to look like a loser or a weak. Every thread is filled with people that got their car/engine/tune screwed up by someone and all are hiding either in the closet or afraid to speak up. We all think we are smart, have good jobs, and can afford these cars so to say that we *ucked up would be a sin.

In the past few days i have gotten at least ten PMs from different members on this board with horror stories about tuners/shops right here on this forum. And they are all not openly talking about it. Its really really sad to hear all this.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:29 PM

So have I, without mentioning any names, but those people are not saying anything when they were majorly screwed by tuner, and a couple of them got screwed over by ee, and they also got proof.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:38 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
of coarse no one wants this to happen but sorry it did. witch Im not sayin it didnt or its your fault Im not sayin anything negitive about you at all other than this thread ws started for other reasons. thats my personal opnion!
Right....Because saying "sorry" makes it all better...I've heard that BS excuse more times than I'd like to admit. Clearly, there was a problem that has yet to be resolved to the customers likeing. Now, if I was the tuner in question, I would be offering allot more than a free ELM and bend over backwards to make sure this guy is happy and prevent this type of thread from ever being started. And furthermore, why is it the customers responsibility to have to ASK for something ??? Why should he have to even say what it is he wants, as you put it ??? The tuner should step up to the plate, bite the bullet, admit responsibility and buy this guy a steak dinner, tickets to a ball game, whatever AND do the programming and even more for free - just as a gesture of good will and to show his willingness to do whatever it takes to make this guy happy. That's how I conduct business and I have happy customers, 100%. Becasue guess what....the deficit spending required to make this customer happy and prevent a thread like this from ever being started would be allot less than the revenues lost due to bad publicity. I have no idea who this tuner is...but just from reading this thread, I would never give them my business.
But, all too often these days, people screw up and think saying "I'm sorry" makes it all better. We are not kids where our parents tell us to say your sorry and all is forgiven. Time has been lost, promises broken and damages have occurred between adults. Simply saying you're sorry doesn't cut it. Actions speak louder than words.
Finally, there are indeed 2 sides to every story. But until the tuner tells his side of the story, here in public, this thread will only serve as negative publicity for the aforementioned tuner. And if said tuner has nothing to hide and has consequently done everything conceivably possible to make this customer happy, then there should be no reason for him NOT to say so and give us all the "real" story. Until that happens.....

Last edited by LZH; 02-03-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:11 PM

SL65 AMG
OT: UFC was good for the card they had. MIR won like I figured but brock might be a huge force some day. not sure if it was roid or bi turbo that said watch the boxing on showtime. na boxing is weak, I train MMA so im biased. Im sure you must box so you like that better. but I like the fact that someone can be getting beat down then outta no where the other guy gets submited.[/QUOTE]

MMA for the win, here. Did you see heath get a beat down, and what about travis kicking but and got to love nate tearing it up with greg in his corner. We have a good talent pool here at the gym with nate, rashad, keith, even gsp comes down to train before fights. sorry for the OT
Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by RoydRage
+1

EXACTLY!

I'm sure Council has advised him not to go here... There are legal implications for bringing this Public

RoydRage
Really? What kind of legal implications are we talking? Are you trying to imply this is defamation in some way? I do not see any legal implications from Adam getting on and stating his side of the sotry unless it will be admiting guilt and implicating himself in this. Then I say yeah stay hiding out and let memebers fight your battle as you feed them information from behind the scene. Every tuner will mess up and that is fact it is what they do after the mess up that makes them a good tuner.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:46 PM

+1 Biturbo
Old 02-03-2008, 06:04 PM

SL55
The cars are right with replaced tranny and SC, and the front end still damaged, the lies, and all the BS, sure if you say so.
Ballz...

So... All you really need is the Front end fixed, and you are whole... Stuff happens... And if you had to bring your car back to MB 6 times for the same problem.. You would NOT be getting FREE ECU tunes!!!

So stop it, and be reasonable... Didn't MB Road Assistance tow the car? So if that were the case that is WAS damaged by the Tow... Then Why Would EE be Responisible???

They went a long way to get you new Trans & supercharger... They negociated it for you that is worth a lot... There is proof that this damage did exisit prior to the TCU tune. You didn't have the car since new, and never had the Trans torn down for inspection, so with all respect you have no idea what happened to this car prior to you owning it...

The only reason I'm sticking up for them is that they have repeatedly gone out of their way for me and my freinds... And I am 3,000mi away. They always went above and beyond, So I can't see why they would change right where they live unless you were unreasonable...

So lets be reasonable B4 this goes to Court, and work it out with realistic expectations. Lets all stop the finger pointing and get this Squared... I'm bored with it.

NOW I MUST GET TO MY GIANTS! IT'S ABOUT TO START... I'm budding out as of now... Good Luck.

And and OT Haters stop here:

Rocket... Yes I like UFC cause it most resembles a Real Street Fight that is where my heart is... A Street fight is boxing, Wrestling, Grappling, and Ground & Pound, A personal fav... Everything but the Ju Jitsu. Do watch Vazquez Vs Marquez III on Showtime in March.

Best,

RoydRage
Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM

Cars
To the OP, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hope the tuner makes everything right for you.

Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Every tuner will mess up and that is fact it is what they do after the mess up that makes them a good tuner.
You are spot on...A person's/business' integrity is built on these types of incidents. Everyone screws up...that's part of life. It's how you handle the screw up that defines your character. If you take responsibility and do all in your power to make it right you will be respected and trusted. If you dodge and duck, you lose points.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 153 Posts
99 E320
i used to work on a citizens/dealer auto arbitration board, so i have some
experience working with conflict resolution cases.

The OP started out with credibility, but as with any dispute in a public forum,
the devil is in the details. Rare is it that every bit of data is included in their
entirety, especially when presented by one side. So as much as folks believe
(or disbelieve) the info on this thread, there will always be a degree of suspicion
on whether full disclosure has been presented.

This is why disputes are generally not conducted in a public forum such as here
as both sides would be subjecting themselves to a no-holds-barred environment.
I would maintain that the proper forum would be 1) preferably vendor-to-customer,
2) vendor-customer-BBB (mediation), 3) vendor-customer-arbitration...in
hopes of exhausting good faith negotiations prior to pursuing the legal option.

Good faith allows both parties to give and take...and possibly save face. Once
you opt to pursue legal options, it becomes more rigid. Both may dig in their
heels.

Generally, the restitution is for a vendor 'to make whole' the customer's
grievance. It restores to as-original condition and value, the equipment as
possible.

Generally, there is no requirement that the vendor go beyond this, eg....to
provide free services, free dinner, or even continue with the services not
performed. Hell, they may not even be obligated to provide an apology once
you've been made whole. But many do....as part of their oath of service, ie
it's good for business.

Generally, the customer cannot demand that the chipped services be performed
as the vendor can opt not to do business with the customer (unless legally
required). Kind of the no-shirt-no-shoes-no-service etc policy.

I guess all this blather is to say that the vendor should not feel compelled to
come on here or any other MB forum had the OP plastered this story around
the web. The proper method is again, one of those devil in the details and
whether other agreements obligate them through the Sponsor's responsibilities
here on MBWorld, through local BBB, etc

I know you'd all like to see this duked out here in this playground, but it just
ends up being a schoolyard fight, rather than an environment which may have
set up which assists in vendor/customer mediation.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I GOT IT, I GOT IT! We can combine this thread AND bring this to resolution.

Adam VS Ballzy............ IN THE OCTAGON!!!

First one to tap out!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare