W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of watches do my fellow E55 brethren wear?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by ENTIZY1
CWW and IMPROVIZ-
I am neighbors with Mbenz06, i have known him for years, i went to high school with him, and we are good friends. You guys are both taking this way too far.
I believe you, man. I already said in my last post that it looks real in his last pics. But it looked so fake in the first pics, that's what got everything going. And then it just made things worse when the numbers were blurred out.

Anyway, I'll let it drop.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' E55 AMG
ok cool i understand, thanks man. I just wanted to clear things up ya kno.

No hard feelings at all.

-Neil
Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by CWW
...P.S., Nice Ulysse. I always liked those, when I was a kid they used to have these glossy full-page spreads in Power & Motoryacht and I got hooked on the blue/gold look. Beautiful watch!
thanks! i've always had a "thing" for watches that aren't the trend or you don't see everyday and not too many people recognize. u.n. definitely fits that bill although it's getting harder to find those types of sleeper watches in these days of the internet.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 PM

2010 E63
Trade in

Originally Posted by sandmane63
Patek 5712 (Rose)
Rolex GMT II, New style ceramic bezel
Rolex Submariner w/Date Anniversary (Green)
Rolex SS Daytona, white dial
Rolex Milgauss, Anniversary (Green)
Rolex Yachmaster 40mm 2-tone
Just traded the 5712 for the 5970G
Old 06-08-2009, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
CWW and IMPROVIZ-
I am neighbors with Mbenz06, i have known him for years, i went to high school with him, and we are good friends. You guys are both taking this way too far.

First of all, the watch is authentic. I was there when he purchased it from Tourneau in South Coast Plaza Mall in Costa Mesa, CA
Good for you. But that doesn't change the fact that he posted incredibly cheezy pictures of the watch, that in those pics it looked very much like a counterfeit, that he was blurring out the model info on the watch and papers, etc....and plus, stuff like this happens all the time, why *shouldn't* we be looking at things with a jaundiced eye?

Second, you do not work for Breitling, and therefore should not be posting your opinion as though it was undisputable evidence against Mbenz06's watch being fake.
I never said it was fake, I said that there were some things about it which were suspicious. And one need not work for Breitling to be able to identify a fake, or to raise suspicions about a watch being fake, when the seller in question seems to be going to great lengths to conceal facts about the watch (model number, for example) that a buyer would need to know, or to be suspicious when a ridiculously blurry photograph is posted.

Third, I highly doubt by the nature of your posts that either of you are the least bit interested in buying this watch. So why post questioning the validity of the watch?
Because of the suspicious actions taken by the poster.

Fourth, If you think the watch is overpriced, why not leave that to the disgression of the buyer, who I am sure is savvy enough to pay to have Breitling authorized dealer inspect it for authenticity. That is the beauty of capitalism.
I believe in the beauty of capitalism, just as I believe in the beauty of freedom of information, and freedom of speech. And the thing is this: if someone's asking a price for a watch that's two years old, scratched up, when one can get a brand new one for the same price, or a bit more (SS Pilot band would add $500, putting it at $10,600 brand spanking new), then guess what? People are going to point this out, just as they will point it out if someone tries to sell an E55 for 30-50% more than it's worth.

Fifth, we are in an economic crisis and if he decides to blur anything it is for his own protection.
Horse*****. There is NO PROTECTION in blurring out the MODEL NUMBER of a watch. I can see the serial number blurring and never raised a concern about this, but blurring out the model number is inexcusable.

Now, having said that, he DID, in a PM to me, send me pics of the caseback with the model number unblurred, and it is correct for the model of the watch. Which is great, but as I said, the fakes of the CE are so good that I'd recommend ONLY buying one when its authenticity can be verified before purchase, or purchase can be done with some way to recover funds if watch turnes out to be fake. And that is NOT exclusive to this one, it's a piece of advice to anyone purchasing ANY watch online.

He has done his best to satisfy both of your incredible posts with pictures addressing each and every issue. Give him a break.
Welcome to the Internet.

Sixth, If there is someone who is interested in purchasing the watch, a fellow forum member can meet at a watch store, etc... to validate the authenticity of the watch.
Which is exactly what I was advising him/her to do.

Lastly, It is frustrating for me, and it isn't even my watch! I know it is real. You guys are being ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if both of you are attorneys jeeeezus. If you think it is fake, don't buy it. If you think hes worn it more than a "couple times" who cares. I understand there are alot of scammers out there, but there is no reason to label Mbenz06 as such.

-Neil
I didn't label him as a scammer, I raised issues about the watch, like claiming it's been worn "a few times", when it has far more scratches on it than my watch, which I got back from servicing several months ago and have worn "a few times" a WEEK since then.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-09-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 AM

'
First off, Thank you Entizy for your post.

Originally Posted by CWW
I believe you, man. I already said in my last post that it looks real in his last pics. But it looked so fake in the first pics, that's what got everything going. And then it just made things worse when the numbers were blurred out.

Anyway, I'll let it drop.
Sorry bro but how big of a cabby are you. Improviz makes a statement and you jump all over it. I reply with more pics and answers you apologize. Improviz brings up more points you jump right back into it. Then Entizy posts and you say you're gonna drop it again... Improviz's replied again so you aren't going to give your 2cents??

Think for yourself...

Originally Posted by Improviz
Good for you. But that doesn't change the fact that he posted incredibly cheezy pictures of the watch, that in those pics it looked very much like a counterfeit, that he was blurring out the model info on the watch and papers, etc....and plus, stuff like this happens all the time, why *shouldn't* we be looking at things with a jaundiced eye?
Didn't know how to utilize the cameras macro feature. I wanted to blurr out the model info. My decision not yours. Sent you a pm and you received it so why keep bringing it up model #?

I never said it was fake, I said that there were some things about it which were suspicious... that a buyer would need to know, or to be suspicious when a ridiculously blurry photograph is posted.
If you want to buy it, lets meet up. If not, you made your point, now move on.

I believe in the beauty of capitalism, just as I believe in the beauty of freedom of information, and freedom of speech. And the thing is this: if someone's asking a price for a watch that's two years old, scratched up, when one can get a brand new one for the same price, or a bit more (SS Pilot band would add $500, putting it at $10,600 brand spanking new), then guess what? People are going to point this out, just as they will point it out if someone tries to sell an E55 for 30-50% more than it's worth.
Add mother of pearl, over 1ct in diamonds and maybe that'll raise the price up a bit no? Stop saying this watch is overpriced when you have no idea what you are talking about.

The watch is scratched. I wear it, it is used, scratches come out.

I didn't label him as a scammer, I raised issues about the watch, like claiming it's been worn "a few times", when it has far more scratches on it than my watch, which I got back from servicing several months ago and have worn "a few times" a WEEK since then.
I am pretty sure no one cares about this anymore. I dont need to sell this but if anyone wants it, feel free to PM me.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:46 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by mbenz06
Sorry bro but how big of a cabby are you. Improviz makes a statement and you jump all over it. I reply with more pics and answers you apologize. Improviz brings up more points you jump right back into it. Then Entizy posts and you say you're gonna drop it again... Improviz's replied again so you aren't going to give your 2cents??

Another poster and me said it looked fake before Improviz ever chimed in. I actually posted before he did. He then posted on the topic, because he obviously knows a lot more about Breitlings. And while I definitely agreed with his assessments, I'm not understanding how you're calling me out for taking orders from him, when I had already said it looked fake before he even posted.

So I guess I called Miss Cleo or something to figure out what he would say before he said it? LOL. You make no sense, man, I posted before he did!

Then you swore it was real, so I let it drop. That is, until you posted more pics, that blurred out all the useable information. So I posted again, pointing out that you were doing more harm than good by blurring out all the model and serial numbers. Which is entirely correct, btw. There is no point blurring out a model number on a watch.

So...yeah. Your timeline is a little "off".
Old 06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by chiromikey
price aside and in all fairness, people block out serial/series numbers on watches all the time...from ebay to timezone, so it's not a big deal.

to get back on track, here's a crappy pic of what i'm wearing today...

We can't avoid controversy here even when we are discussing watches!

Gorgeous UN! I have been eyeing that annual calendar as I have had a Blue Wave and a Blue Surf. I would also like to have a Freak someday but service issues/costs have kept me at bay. I just got done servicing a time only Roger Dubuis for $1,600 and I can't imagine what a Freak service would cost.

BTW, Is it just me or is high-end watch service getting progressively crappier and the prices absolutely stupid?! Everyone pushes for the exclusivity of in-house movements in high-end watches. I love my megabuck pieces with boring old elaborated Valjoux and ETA movements as any good watch maker can service them for well under $500. None of this go back to factory service for 12 weeks nonsense. Sorry, couldn't resist the rant as I was just emailing about another watch that has been in for service for 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I wonder how many members here frequent TZ and Watchnet?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
We can't avoid controversy here even when we are discussing watches!

Gorgeous UN! I have been eyeing that annual calendar as I have had a Blue Wave and a Blue Surf. I would also like to have a Freak someday but service issues/costs have kept me at bay. I just got done servicing a time only Roger Dubuis for $1,600 and I can't imagine what a Freak service would cost.

BTW, Is it just me or is high-end watch service getting progressively crappier and the prices absolutely stupid?! Everyone pushes for the exclusivity of in-house movements in high-end watches. I love my megabuck pieces with boring old elaborated Valjoux and ETA movements as any good watch maker can service them for well under $500. None of this go back to factory service for 12 weeks nonsense. Sorry, couldn't resist the rant as I was just emailing about another watch that has been in for service for 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I wonder how many members here frequent TZ and Watchnet?
if i ever really "make it", there is a roger dubuis i'd like to have to finish off my collection.

and no, it's not just you...you're absolutely correct about quality and prices on factory servicing for exclusive/in house movements.

i don't frequent tz or watchnet as much as i used to but i still check in once in a while.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
First off, Thank you Entizy for your post.

Didn't know how to utilize the cameras macro feature. I wanted to blurr out the model info. My decision not yours. Sent you a pm and you received it so why keep bringing it up model #?
Because your blurring it out in the first place was one of the points of contention, and I was pointing it out.

If you want to buy it, lets meet up. If not, you made your point, now move on.
When you grow up and get to be a moderator, you can tell me what to post.

Add mother of pearl, over 1ct in diamonds and maybe that'll raise the price up a bit no? Stop saying this watch is overpriced when you have no idea what you are talking about.
Someone here has no idea what he's talking about, but it isn't me. The brand new watch for which I gave the link HAS the diamond bezel and hour markers, AND HAS the mother of pearl dial, and sells BRAND NEW for $10,100. The only thing it doesn't have that yours does is the SS Pilot bracelet, which will add $500 to the price of the watch, meaning for $800 more than what you're asking for yours, one could purchase a new one.

There are a few watches out there that hold their value thsi well...yours is not one of them.

The watch is scratched. I wear it, it is used, scratches come out.
That's not the point. The point is your claiming to have worn it "only a few times", which imo is given the state of that watch.

Good luck finding someone dumb enough to pay $800 less for a used one than they could pay for a brand new one.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
watches

1.breitling Bentley 6.75 Copper Face
2.Bell and Ross BR03-94
3.Rolex Oyster Date Just
4.Mont Blanc Chrono something- don't know the model
5.Zenith Class Mulitcity Traveler
6.Citzen Eco Drive- Pilot something- great beater watch- always keeps time since its solar-
Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Timex Iron Man with 30 Lap split memory. Since 1981. I think I have gone through about 5 of them.

Good to 100m so I can scuba dive with it!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:32 AM

07 E63 AMG (Sold), 2000 Land Rover Discovery II, 2012 CLS63 AMG
Somebody post some more pics and keep this going. I love seeing all these...many of which I have never heard of or seen.

Wheres the preferred place to get a deal in the DC area?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Banned

The Best There Is E60 ///M5
Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

Old 12-30-2009, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
THATS NOT A NEW PANERAI IS IT ??????????
Old 12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Old 12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by malakasnyc
No too big for PAM, U-Boat
Old 12-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
no its a $200 cheap watch
Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
See avatar.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
trade that watch in for a treadmill thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
trade that watch in for a treadmill thanks.
That would be a bad trade, most expensive Treadmill is around $2800, I need another $8000.00
Old 12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
That would be a bad trade, most expensive Treadmill is around $2800, I need another $8000.00

Try a salad
Old 12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
See avatar.
$1500 Breitling, awww cute. HS kids love that.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
$1500 Breitling, awww cute. HS kids love that.
You really should stop posting.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 12-30-2009 at 01:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What kind of watches do my fellow E55 brethren wear?