Sponsored by:

e63 upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 Black Series, 11 ZR1, 13 M6, 15 G63
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Awesome gixxer. As is your idea about having Anthony meet the new board member.

Not sure how one can clam a car is an 11.4 or better on street tires just by looking at it. E55's that trap 124mph don't beat that. An old S65 in a straight line is a beautiful sight.
Mr Lassiter you must be one of the people that jrcart is refering to when he says none of you can read. Now I see why he gets so hostile! Did you miss the part where I said I raced jrcart on saturday WITH MY Black Series and he beat me by 12 car lenghts? did you miss the part where I said I have a gtech in my car that gives accurate 1/4 miles times based on gps? I was running 12.30's and 12.40's and he was beating me by on average 12 car lengths.
Now you are going to get me started. Now I hope jrcart does go ahead and race gixxer, I'll put up some of my own money for that race. I saw jrcart run with my own two eyes, his car is in a different league PERIOD!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 PM

Not sure how one can clam a car is an 11.4 or better on street tires just by looking at it. E55's that trap 124mph don't beat that. An old S65 in a straight line is a beautiful sight.
Mr Lassiter I don't take kindly to your insults or assumptions either. Lets go back to some high school level math. We all know that 1mph is = to 1.47 feet per second. So at 100mph you would be traveling at 147 feet per second. Since I was traveling a gps confirmed 114 mph I was covering 167.58 feet per second, right?

Per MB-USA the overall length of a CLK is 183.2 inches long, lets just call it 15 feet. As I stated earlier it appeared he was beating me by on average 12 car lengths in the quarter mile, thats 180 feet that converts to over 1 full second faster, does it not? So in reality, if my gtech is accurate jrcart is running faster than 11.30's. The reality is jrcart was running well above 120mph so his et is probably under 11.30. Sorry, but I'm just calling it how I saw it with my own eyes. As I stated earlier I have no vested interest, that was the first time I met jrcart and only wanted to see the evosport mods first hand. You all can doubt or think whatever you want, I have been drag racing my entire driving life, I know what I saw and I know now what that car is capable of. One more thing for the record, I own a heavily modded CLS55 that runs consistant 11 teens, so I am well aware of what you can do with the 55 motors.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by 573WHPCLS
One more thing for the record, I own a heavily modded CLS55 that runs consistant 11 teens, so I am well aware of what you can do with the 55 motors.
Please bring either to the drag day. Please.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I am most likely going to be there, with both M-B's, but I do not want to say for sure quite yet. There is a chance I may be sending the Black Series out for some mods, so I may not be able to bring it. I have a wedding that evening in downtown Chicago, so if I do go I will have to head out by noon or so. I don't want to say yes and then not make it and have someone else miss out since it looks like you have limited space. I have not run at 41 lately, is it still bumpy in the shut down?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I agree we can settle this w/o insults or physical challenge. You guys should just run the cars, time to chill. No more threats no more name calling, it detracts from all of us.

I talk to Both Rob and Jim and there is no need for this , Rob just broke the 63 record in a stock E63 and I respect him. Relax, everyone this is all gotten silly and it is likely because I stirred the pot by talking about Jim's 206 mph run, still we are getting side tracked(get it ) tracked. LOL. FOCUS there is no need to call out anyone.

fact is nobody believed a 63 could dyno at 435 or better, nobody believed a 63 had attained 500 rwhp, and many doubted a sub 12 second pass was possible stock.

All three have been achieved by the two guys that are fighting.

This thread is about th OP that asked about upgrades for a car he feels needs to be made faster. We showed him some remedy and in doing so many counter points were brought up.

PLEASE PEOPLE TODAY IS A GREAT DAY and we can work this out!!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Mr Lassiter I don't take kindly to your insults or assumptions either. Lets go back to some high school level math. We all know that 1mph is = to 1.47 feet per second. So at 100mph you would be traveling at 147 feet per second. Since I was traveling a gps confirmed 114 mph I was covering 167.58 feet per second, right?

Per MB-USA the overall length of a CLK is 183.2 inches long, lets just call it 15 feet. As I stated earlier it appeared he was beating me by on average 12 car lengths in the quarter mile, thats 180 feet that converts to over 1 full second faster, does it not? So in reality, if my gtech is accurate jrcart is running faster than 11.30's. The reality is jrcart was running well above 120mph so his et is probably under 11.30. Sorry, but I'm just calling it how I saw it with my own eyes. As I stated earlier I have no vested interest, that was the first time I met jrcart and only wanted to see the evosport mods first hand. You all can doubt or think whatever you want, I have been drag racing my entire driving life, I know what I saw and I know now what that car is capable of. One more thing for the record, I own a heavily modded CLS55 that runs consistant 11 teens, so I am well aware of what you can do with the 55 motors.
Dude, I appreciate you having my back, but now I am never going to get a race with any of these smack talking clowns. Don't even bother trying to reason with them. Most of these people are stuborn and ignorant yet they try to twist and munipulate my words around to make it appear that I am the one that is ignorant. Carl Lassiter is a prime example, he obvioulsy did not read a word of what you typed, yet he starts spouting off. I sent gixxer a PM with an offer, lets see if and how he responds.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Mr Lassiter I don't take kindly to your insults
Where was the insult? I'm not the one suggesting high school math lessons. Don't go down that road. My point was that when it is ran at a drag strip then it will be known definitively just how quick it is and whether it can run low 11s.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:55 PM

Not sure how one can clam a car is an 11.4 or better on street tires just by looking at it. E55's that trap 124mph don't beat that.
The above looks like a back handed attempt at an insult. You are talking to me in a condescending way, the way you talk to most people on this forum and that is clearly evident. High school math or Lassiter math, it's a mid to low 11 sec car. GPS does not lie! Let's put it this way, I can run 11.20's in my sleep in my CLS and I would be aprehensive to bet jrcart any money in a heads-up 1/4 mile race. The one thing I do agree with you on is that it's not official until he posts a time slip, unfortuanatly we live in Chicago and no tracks open up for at least another month, maybe longer depending on the weather.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Is a 500rwhp CLK really that fast? I'm guessing mid 11's

A tuned V12 Bi-Turbo Benz should definitely have more than a good chance at pulling it.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Ease up guys as I asked before- internet has no tone so its not all that easy to pass judgement and formulate how each members' intention was to project. Enjoy the fast a$$ cars, I know I would if I had a BS or a heavily modded CLS55.

In regrads to Carl, he is a long time member here and has zero complaints so lets chalk this up to a misunderstanding and move on.

As for the supposition of what each car will run ...I have no doubt they are fast but time slips are empirical in nature.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vic55
In regrads to Carl, he is a long time member here and has zero complaints so lets chalk this up to a misunderstanding and move on.
You keep track of complaints? How many have I got?
Old 03-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
You keep track of complaints? How many have I got?
A list a mile long

None bro, and I have to appreciate your passion (hence my comment in an earlier post). I guess not every loves their modded car like you- oh wait not everyone, in fact no one, even has a modded car like you.

Jealousy rears its ugly head
Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I agree..... this thread have side-tracked.

jcart, congrats for hitting the 500 whp . I believe your car will be very fast on the track. You should definately try it on a track when you can (oval or drag by the way).

Hopefully more mods will come out and 63 will achieve even higher whp numbers
Old 03-10-2008, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by juicee63
11-16-2007, 08:29 PM #267
Fast55
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vehicle I drive: '06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Posts: 1,711 No, I'm not. . The PDF is a comparison of only stock 55's and 63's.

Care to restate your position?

You told me specifically when a 63 hit 11 seconds you would reconsider your position. Day is here..
Dude. What took you so long?? I've reconsidered my position, and I still say the 55's are faster (on average as I said before) and they are still easier (and cheaper) to mod. At 500 whp, this BS has got to be plenty fast folks, no doubt about it. Juice, it don't make as much WHP as the top 55K's. (Sorry, had to throw that in) It could take the AMG crown on the gas assuming he can get traction.

Mr 573whp: If you make 573 RWHP in a CLS (assumed from your screen name), you shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with a 500 RWHP CLK? That match up should give you a good idea of what his BS will run until you can get it to a track. Videos please, I've yet to see an honest 600 hp pair of MB's getting it on.

Jr: Relax man. The car is a killer, no doubt. You've got to understand how much B.S. is posted here, it's almost non-stop. Some members have made a career out of exposing the crap. I've had more than a couple of coffee-from-nose laughing fits. Slow down and enjoy the site. Plenty of good people here and all are enthusiasts that enjoy ALL AMG's, not just 11 sec. black series CLK's. I never thought the wife's SLK55 was all that slow turning high 12's.

Congrats to gixxer whether or not his car is bone stock.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Someone here is REALLY lucky I didn't see this thread earlier.

And they're REALLY messing with the wrong people. Anybody else met Oldgixxer? I wouldn't talk smack to him if I was holding a shotgun INSIDE an armored car.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Fast55
Dude. What took you so long?? I've reconsidered my position, and I still say the 55's are faster (on average as I said before) and they are still easier (and cheaper) to mod. At 500 whp, this BS has got to be plenty fast folks, no doubt about it. Juice, it don't make as much WHP as the top 55K's. (Sorry, had to throw that in) It could take the AMG crown on the gas assuming he can get traction.

Mr 573whp: If you make 573 RWHP in a CLS (assumed from your screen name), you shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with a 500 RWHP CLK? That match up should give you a good idea of what his BS will run until you can get it to a track. Videos please, I've yet to see an honest 600 hp pair of MB's getting it on.

Jr: Relax man. The car is a killer, no doubt. You've got to understand how much B.S. is posted here, it's almost non-stop. Some members have made a career out of exposing the crap. I've had more than a couple of coffee-from-nose laughing fits. Slow down and enjoy the site. Plenty of good people here and all are enthusiasts that enjoy ALL AMG's, not just 11 sec. black series CLK's. I never thought the wife's SLK55 was all that slow turning high 12's.

Congrats to gixxer whether or not his car is bone stock.
So you erased your qoute??
"No 63 will hit 11s stock" Two different cars did it today . Im not asking you much , just to admit you erred in your prior statement. I agree you still have a valid point on modability and overall performance. Averages on the 63 are coming way down after today.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I agree..... this thread have side-tracked.

jcart, congrats for hitting the 500 whp . I believe your car will be very fast on the track. You should definately try it on a track when you can (oval or drag by the way).

Hopefully more mods will come out and 63 will achieve even higher whp numbers
The car and all the mods were engineered primarily for road racing circuits, I have a superbike racing backround, I still love it but I am getting to old to continue beating up my body in that manner so I am taking up car racing. To date all I have done is Bondurant, some kart racing and a handful of track days in various levels of automobiles. While working with Evosport I also told them to keep in mind that I will occasionally take the car to the drag strip. They are in the process of sourcing me some ultra lightweight 17 inch rear wheels with DOT drag slicks. Keep in mind the Black Series has HUGE rear brakes, so there are some fitment and clearence issues that have to be dealt with.

There is a bunch of stuff done to my car that you can not even see and some of it has not ever been mentioned on this forum. For instance I had them replace all the brake lines with steel brake lines, new higher performance H&R lowering springs, it's got a roll cage and 4 point racing harnesses, a racing alignment and corner balancing...none of these things probably mean anything to you drag racers out there. I wanted them to build me a car that I could go to the Route 66 Raceway drag strip in the morning and run some killer times, then drive it just down the road to the Autobahn road courses and run some killer lap times in the afternoon and then drive the car out for a nice night on the town in style. In a nutshell I wanted a car that could be a threat or at least make a respectible stand against almost any other road going car out there, in any situation. From what I have seen and raced against so far they delivered what I wanted. So far I have raced a Ferarri F430...beat it, a supercharged Saleen Mustang...beat it, a built supercharged SRT-8 charger...beat it bad, and a stock CLK 63 Black Series...beat it bad.

I will post lap times at any track I run at as well as time slips from the drag strip as soon as it warms up and the tracks open up. I know that is the only way to shut some people up and prove a point.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Someone here is REALLY lucky I didn't see this thread earlier.

And they're REALLY messing with the wrong people. Anybody else met Oldgixxer? I wouldn't talk smack to him if I was holding a shotgun INSIDE an armored car.
Oh ya, well I PM'ed him a responce to his race offer 3 hours ago and I have gotten no responce, so I guess he's not as bad as he thinks he is, or he actually figured out what he was dealing with. He threw out a lame title for title race and I countered with a $75k heads-up offer...What the hell am I going to do with an E63? Besides, I don't think my $140k BS and his $75K E is a fair trade. The offer still stands, let me know. I said I will even make the drive to NY.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
The day you hit 206 in a CLS63 is the day Im santa clause, and Im not growing a beard anytime soon.

You have quite the imagination.
I hit 203, ran out of room, I can do 206
Old 03-10-2008, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by jrcart
Oh ya, well I PM'ed him a responce to his race offer 3 hours ago and I have gotten no responce, so I guess he's not as bad as he thinks he is, or he actually figured out what he was dealing with. He threw out a lame title for title race and I countered with a $75k heads-up offer...What the hell am I going to do with an E63? Besides, I don't think my $140k BS and his $75K E is a fair trade. The offer still stands, let me know. I said I will even make the drive to NY.
He's prolly at work

What made you decide on the BS? I ask out of curiosity as a car like the F430 scud or Superlegerra can drag/track/cruise with the best of them and they bring lower kerbweights. Was it price of entry vs $$available for mods that ultimately make your car more personalized vs say a box-fresh f-car?

Your car looks very nice in the evosport pics and not looking to get screamed at.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by juicee63
So you erased your qoute??
"No 63 will hit 11s stock" Two different cars did it today . Im not asking you much , just to admit you erred in your prior statement. I agree you still have a valid point on modability and overall performance. Averages on the 63 are coming way down after today.
Nope, just hit the quote button and that's what came out when I posted.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Fast55
Nope, just hit the quote button and that's what came out when I posted.
how strange..

no worries, have a great day
Old 03-10-2008, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by transferred
He's prolly at work

What made you decide on the BS? I ask out of curiosity as a car like the F430 scud or Superlegerra can drag/track/cruise with the best of them and they bring lower kerbweights. Was it price of entry vs $$available for mods that ultimately make your car more personalized vs say a box-fresh f-car?

Your car looks very nice in the evosport pics and not looking to get screamed at.
I get asked this question all the time, except they usually throw GT2 or GT3 in mix. Here is as good of an answer as I can give you. I own a lot of cars, more than what is listed on my profile. I love the Ferarri, however the Scud is (or at least was) imposible to find and they have an unrealistic maintanance program, I've heard of guys waitng 20 plus days for routine service, and I actually drive all of my cars and drive them hard. As for the Superlegerra, it's funny you mention it because I was ' ' this close to buying an orange one in December in addition to the BS, but once I drove it I realized it was overpriced junk...yes I said it junk, spongy brakes, overly quick steering with no feedback, drive one and see for yourself. The Black Series just caught my eye, it was different, not a mass produced model and I saw the potential it had so I ordered one.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Ah, the stakes have changed.

*Edit- received PM from Jcart*
Gixxer's PM was more mild than this so don't see what NY's finest has done wrong here. Gix was personally attacked so responded

Last edited by transferred; 03-10-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Jr, calm down. You must have missed the expression "speak softly and carry a big stick." It seems like you are carrying a big stick, but all the sh*t you are spewing makes it sound like you are blowing smoke. Firing insulting PM's to Oldgix may be a little over the top. If you are so confident in your car, show up. Also, maybe you guys should run for something a little more reasonable, like 50k and whoever loses has to put a giant magnetic sticker on both his doors "oldgixxer's b*tch" or "Jrcarts b*tch" for a month. Let me know when you guys are going to run, I'll drive down from NH to watch. And grab a couple of runs.

PS, my e63 was 95k, not 75k. If you are quoting used values you are going to drop just as quick, actually quicker because of the mods. If you start quoting actual values - the mods you have done to your car have killed it's resale...you own that thing in perpetuity or you are going to get crushed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: e63 upgrades