Toe-links....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by steadi
How about people like you that talk like they have a clue, but they don't.....

Bushings are very different than crash bolts.

And seriously if your going to try to talk about suspension (Especially with someone that does this) try using normal terms not double talk BS like your "Jack Point" comment.
Are you sure that bushings are different than crash bolts? I thought they were one in the same!! You are just too funny. You telling me that your "team" actually uses offset bushings instead of making arm adjustments? Any double talk there?

Again, NOBODY here is gonna care about your "experience". You are the only one loving yourself for it. Why can't you stop attacking and explain some of the points I brought up?

mmmm, nice. I just love all these "random" fools that come in here thinking they can sprinkle a liitle vitadust onto our reptile food. Crawl back out and show us some data.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, Audi S4
Originally Posted by jangy
Here we go again. Call whatever you want, but are you so touchy? Will you lick my nuts if I post a pic with Tommy Kendall from last year's AMG challenge? Or do you want to see the one with Bobby Unser Jr? You can make this as personal as you like, but in the end you'll have to speak some truth.
wow you talked to TK at a PR event. wow. Dude TK and I worked together at Skip Barber back in the 90's.

Your not "Consulting" with him.

When people name call like you did, it's because they have been backed into a corner and don't have a leg to stand on.

You're a Fan, that's great, it doesn't mean that you actually know what you're talking about.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Almost a Member!

E55, Audi S4
Are you sure that bushings are different than crash bolts? I thought they were one in the same!! You are just too funny. You telling me that your "team" actually uses offset bushings instead of making arm adjustments? Any double talk there?

Again, NOBODY here is gonna care about your "experience". You are the only one loving yourself for it. Why can't you stop attacking and explain some of the points I brought up?

mmmm, nice. I just love all these "random" fools that come in here thinking they can sprinkle a liitle vitadust onto our reptile food. Crawl back out and show us some data.
First off where did I say that my team uses offset bushings or arm adjustments? I just corrected you on your double talk. You still don't get that a bushing is something very different than a bolt.

Secondly where have I "Double Talked"?

Where is your experience? You seem to be pretty proud of it and use it as a basis of why you should be listened too. all I see is a forum junky with lot's of post's laying claims out left and right. Just having the loudest voice doesn't make you correct, or knowledgeable.

You demand answers but don't understand what's said and then say that's it's wrong. Yup you really want to learn.

Data's easy to come by, anyone can plot roll centers, it's understanding what to do what that data that's powerful. Unfortunately that's lost on you.

Last edited by steadi; 04-19-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Holy cow!! Dude, you are killing me. I'll try to keep this up just for the sake of the entertainment but man o man I am about to roll outta my chair!!

What? ME?? A forum junkie??? NO??? You mistook me for MA's side PT. I would never post in here.

You keep missing the point (which is so typical of newbs). What you know, or DON'T, isn't what gets you judged in this forum. It is how you act and you are BLOWING it. You could be Robert E Lee for all I care (he's a racer, right?) but it doesn't mean squat when you don't even bother having an open discussion.

Make it personal, but in this one instance my advice to YOU is to do your research. Just do a search for "newb vs Jangy" and you'll see plenty of yourself getting OWNED. I am indeed a forum junkie. And a car nut. Never claimed to be a professional in any automotive industry and I always question the ones that don't want to answer. So what? You attack me for not having monkey wrench knuckles?

I probably meet up with over 100 of the people in this room on a consistent basis (wait tomorrow!!). I've been here since '04 and I've got my rap. You think ANYTHING you say about me is going to change what people already know? Some hate me. Some love me. Again, So what?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
First off where did I say that my team uses offset bushings or arm adjustments? I just corrected you on your double talk.

So, you went from recommending them to denying using them?

You still don't get that a bushing is something very different than a bolt.

So, what is a bolt again?

Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Almost a Member!

E55, Audi S4
Holy cow!! Dude, you are killing me. I'll try to keep this up just for the sake of the entertainment but man o man I am about to roll outta my chair!!

What? ME?? A forum junkie??? NO??? You mistook me for MA's side PT. I would never post in here.

You keep missing the point (which is so typical of newbs). What you know, or DON'T, isn't what gets you judged in this forum. It is how you act and you are BLOWING it. You could be Robert E Lee for all I care (he's a racer, right?) but it doesn't mean squat when you don't even bother having an open discussion.

Make it personal, but in this one instance my advice to YOU is to do your research. Just do a search for "newb vs Jangy" and you'll see plenty of yourself getting OWNED. I am indeed a forum junkie. And a car nut. Never claimed to be a professional in any automotive industry and I always question the ones that don't want to answer. So what? You attack me for not having monkey wrench knuckles?

I probably meet up with over 100 of the people in this room on a consistent basis (wait tomorrow!!). I've been here since '04 and I've got my rap. You think ANYTHING you say about me is going to change what people already know? Some hate me. Some love me. Again, So what?

Hey everyone look, Jangy is swinging his e-**** again
Old 04-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Almost a Member!

E55, Audi S4
First off where did I say that my team uses offset bushings or arm adjustments? I just corrected you on your double talk.

So, you went from recommending them to denying using them?

You still don't get that a bushing is something very different than a bolt.

So, what is a bolt again?
Wow, your lack of comprehension is astounding, right up there on par with your understanding of suspension.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:12 AM

E500
Hey Steadi,

This is OT from this topic but I figure you would like a change of topic anyways. You seems to know a lot on what you are talking about and judging by what you do for a living you should. So I would like to hear about what you think over here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/240659-how-much-air-pressure-you-running.html
Old 04-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Oh crap. I just saw the Audi in your sig. Explains EVERYTHING. Send James my love.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Almost a Member!

E55, Audi S4
Oh crap. I just saw the Audi in your sig. Explains EVERYTHING. Send James my love.
WTF does that mean? Oh wait I know what that mean's. It means that you don't have anything intelligent to say

Just for the record this is my Audi....

Last edited by steadi; 04-20-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Post about it on audizine...
Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Almost a Member!

E55, Audi S4
Post about it on audizine...
Bwahahahahaha that's all the "almighty jangy" has to say

Yup at least you know when your beaten
Old 04-20-2008, 11:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Can we get this thread back on topic? Steadi, you are awfully new to this forum to be typing like you do. I agree, get the Audi back on an Audi forum.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Bwahahahahaha that's all the "almighty jangy" has to say

Yup at least you know when your beaten
That and I call BS to everything you've said AND I'll bet you aren't a day over 22. Don't say anything unless you can prove that first. Like I said, take the VW back to Audizine and send your homey my regards.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Almost a Member!

E55, Audi S4
That and I call BS to everything you've said AND I'll bet you aren't a day over 22. Don't say anything unless you can prove that first. Like I said, take the VW back to Audizine and send your homey my regards.
How much you willing to bet tough guy......

I'm 42 and a Race Engineer and team manager. You? you're just a loud mouth on a forum that doesn't know nearly what you think you know.

IF you had a clue you would have actually been able to discuss what you're doing to your car. INSTEAD you just start trying to be an internet bully telling people to go away or be quiet since only you have the experience to understand this matter, after all you've consulted with F1 and indycar engineers and have magic tires that violate the laws of physics.

By the time you reply to this I'll be at Virginia International Raceway with our Touring car driver doing a track scout for this weekends race. Now go run along and post some more "Kill Stories" and proclaim how great of a driver you are and how only you have the answers.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
what's your problem jangy. who made you the decider. back off and stop the childish bs when someone is trying to offer advice. this is a forum for sharing not telling everyone to prove this and that for your approval.
you put a couple of mods on your car and think you are the first badass with these mods. i am not starting a feud with you just asking you to back off when people are trying to contribute. open you mind. this kind or response gets old after a while. where are the moderators on this forum.

Last edited by theboogers; 04-21-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by theboogers
what's your problem jangy. who made you the decider. back off and stop the childish bs when someone is trying to offer advice. this is a forum for sharing not telling everyone to prove this and that for your approval.
you put a couple of mods on your car and think you are the first badass with these mods. i am not starting a feud with you just asking you to back off when people are trying to contribute. open you mind. this kind or response gets old after a while. where are the moderators on this forum.
Jeez. Okay. I won't reply to him anymore. Let's get back on-topic and see what gets offered? You don't even follow the thread and jump in?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
WTF does that mean? Oh wait I know what that mean's. It means that you don't have anything intelligent to say

Nice S4
Old 04-24-2008, 05:05 PM

07 Lexus GS350, 06 Audi A4 S-Line, 98 A4 1.8TQMS beater, 92 Dodge D350 Cummins
Ignore Eric Fletcher, aka steadi

How much you willing to bet tough guy......

I'm 42 and a Race Engineer and team manager. You? you're just a loud mouth on a forum that doesn't know nearly what you think you know.

IF you had a clue you would have actually been able to discuss what you're doing to your car. INSTEAD you just start trying to be an internet bully telling people to go away or be quiet since only you have the experience to understand this matter, after all you've consulted with F1 and indycar engineers and have magic tires that violate the laws of physics.

By the time you reply to this I'll be at Virginia International Raceway with our Touring car driver doing a track scout for this weekends race. Now go run along and post some more "Kill Stories" and proclaim how great of a driver you are and how only you have the answers.
jangy et al,

Please do yourselves a favor...ignore steadi...aka Eric Fletcher. Eric is a steadicam operator. Eric does have a role in a race team, but then again so did Bobby Boucher for the Louisiana Cougars as the water boy.

Eric has some problems separating truth from pure fiction.

He is NOT a race car engineer, race car driver or anything of the sort. He has done some HPDEs and actually talked a few clubs into letting him instruct. He does not have his racing license. The Audi in this thread is NOT his, it is owned by the individual who's race team is in the Mazda series he is referring to...it's Pat's old NASA car.

It's no surprise that with less than 40 threads, Eric has managed to **** off more than a few people here. He's been doing it for years on several Audi boards. He has run his course there either having been banned or now ignored and it seems he's somehow found his way to a new board.

This will undoubtedly be replied to with some vitriolic hate speech about how I am out of my element, or how I don't know what I am talking about, or better yet...prove it. Eric loves to let other people prove things he claims to have done but in the nearly 10 years I've been watching his threads, I have yet to see him back a single claim he has made with anything resembling evidence of his incredible feats.

My best advice, find a way to ignore him or ban him from your board. You will be better off for it.

Mike O.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:08 PM

2003 E55

Just for the record THAT is not you're Audi. That Audi belongs to and is driven by Pat. Your out of you're element!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:51 PM

07 Lexus GS350, 06 Audi A4 S-Line, 98 A4 1.8TQMS beater, 92 Dodge D350 Cummins
Some further detail on your new friend Steadi...

Cut and pasted from a thread where he got called out on his BS.

For years I've watched him berate people about their lack of knowledge about driving and technical issues based on his "extensive" pro racing career. Posts including this gem:

"Including the stuff that I get paid to do. For four years I ran the
Mickey Thompson Off-Road and Stadium Truck Series, I have raced in the
SCCA in Solo 1, Solo 2, Pro Solo, IT, GT1, GT2, GT3, GT5, HP, GP,
Showroom Stock, Trans-Am,World Challenge, Spec Racer, DSR and S2000, I
still run Several SVRA events a year, and I spend most of my time with
the IMSA crowd where I have run in: Camel Light's, GTO, GTS, GTS-1,
Firehawk, Supercar and the Luk Clutch Challenge. I am presently
handling the Test Driver Chores for a Touring Car Team and a Trans-Am
team."

On top of all that I instruct for Skip Barber, Fast Company, The Russell
School, and Bertil Roos. I also do private instruction and instruct at
club events fror the Q-Club, Prosche club, BMWCCA, Alfa Owners, and
Corvette Owners.

Sorry but if you want to play mines bigger than your's.... You loose."

http://www.audifans.com/archives/1996/02/msg00781.html

I suspected he was full of BS the first time I met him (and through reading the description of said career change in each retelling) but ignored it until a recent stupid argument which lead to some of his typical dick waving and I decided to check this incredible...I mean INCREDIBLE racing career. My conclusion is Mr. Fletcher can "win" a "mine's bigger than your" post about this becuase he has an active imagination. To avoid taking too long, I simply looked at this house of cards which always goes back to the continuous mention of his racing Camel Lights sports prototypes...also IMSA GTO and GTU and then the Trans-Am thing.

So I found an archive of the results from every IMSA race (in every class) in the history of the organization and there's no Eric Fletcher, in fact the only Erics that ever raced in Camel Lights are definitely NOT fletcher. Contacted the guy who compiled it and it was from his personal archive of printed result sheets from the races themselves.

Here's the URL (sorry about the copy/paste link):
http://www.classicscars.com/wspr/res...imsa_home.html

Amazing he never appears in any results sheets when: "It went from there for 6 years till it was strenuously suggested by several doctors that I retire from driving Ground Effects cars (It happened to a lot of drivers in the 80's-90's)"

Uh or this:
"All my numbers are from testing. Quick Recap on my background I raced for a living in Camel Lights/Firehawk and other series from 89-94, taught for Skip Barber and a two other schools and suspension engineered for a Trans/Am team. I have a background in suspension tuning, going into this I had a serious grasp on what works and what doesn't."

or:
"running in IMSA starting in the LuK clutch challenge which then turned into Firehawk and I moved up from there eventually running in a Camel Lights Car, GTO and GTU and also doing some SCCA Trans-Am racing. During that time I taught for Skip Barber racing, Bertil Roos (Anti-terriost, Secret Service and Navy seal training) and Fast Company Racing school. In 1996 I semi-retired. I still teach on occasion and also race (mostly Vintage stuff)"

Confusingly he said he raced an "Argo/Spice" but that's two different cars...unless he raced BOTH an Argo AND a Spice but failed to score a single point in the history of the series.

Now here's the results for every single trans-am race in history...I checked 1988 through 1996 and there's no Eric Fletcher who ever started (or even entered) a trans-am race:
http://www.trans-amseries.com/Event/ResultsArchive.asp

So where are the photos and results sheets and stuff from this career? It's time to prove it or shut the f**k up. What's the real story of your racing career? Those of us who raced have trophies, photo albums, magazine and newspaper clippings and printed results...lets see some.

Here's an interesting mix of supercars (including, aparently F1 cars) that he's driven:

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1299759.phtml

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/709928.phtml

(EDITED UPDATE)

Within THIS VERY THREAD, Mr. Fletcher claimed he had "3000+ hours" logged as a pilot (later he edited it to "Asked and answered when you asked me last time" but if you read StratAirReg's reply "you have more than me, I have just under 3000." it shows Mr. Fletcher's original claim). Only two years ago he said he had "900+ hours". He has also claimed (at various times) a commercial rating (doesn't have one) a twin-engine rating (doesn't have one) and a plethora of other stories from helicopters to B17s.

Quote:

I fly for me, I'm currently a PPMEL-IA (that's Private Pilot MULTI-ENGINE LAND-Instrument...my edit) working on my Commercial"

"I did my instrument rating in 25 days. I have 900+ Total time (last time I really looked...) and 350 Hours of that is in a King Air.

Good luck getting into the industry, I have many friends with much more time than you will have that have been Furloughed from their jobs."

http://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/492952.phtml

Once again, we have a story which is untrue...the FAA public records clearly show Mr. Fletcher has neither a twin-engine rating or a commercial license (as clearly stated by him in a later post) and his claims of "900+ hours" and then only two years later "3000+ hours" is so wildly improbable as to be virtually impossible...so, once again, we are left with significant doubt as to his credibility when discussing any subject, particularly his own life.

http://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/2647334.phtml

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/70121.phtml
Old 04-25-2008, 01:42 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 Audi S4, Stage 3
LOL!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
jangy- sorry to jump on you. i thought it was going off topic with a feud. looks like you were on target.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Is that the Stigg driving that Audi??
Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by theboogers
jangy- sorry to jump on you. i thought it was going off topic with a feud. looks like you were on target.
no biggie, bro. I've been here long enough to know when it isn't helpful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.