Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Vadim and Victor (VRPUSA)...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
For Vadim and Victor (VRPUSA)...

A lot of us have hybrid modified cars. For example, I have the Kleeman K2/LSD/ ELM package, but I also have a heavy dose of VRP parts, PTE (thermostat), Renntech (toe links). My question is for guys like me who are not close to any of your VRP centers and are still interested in a VRP tune.

Ideally, I would love to send my whole car there and dyno test it like Jim's, but in all honesty it probably won't happen. Will there be a VRP ECU flash that will take into account the other parts in our cars? In my case, I'm pretty close to Jim's setup, but want to have more of a buffer zone towards safety and longevity (i.e. richer than leaner). I know that the balance of taking the advantage of our mods with engine protection is not easy, but I know you guys can do it.

Thanks...I'm motivated to get the VRP700 but I would like your guidance. I am sure there are a lot of other guys in my position.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Originally Posted by AMGfan
A lot of us have hybrid modified cars. For example, I have the Kleeman K2/LSD/ ELM package, but I also have a heavy dose of VRP parts, PTE (thermostat), Renntech (toe links). My question is for guys like me who are not close to any of your VRP centers and are still interested in a VRP tune.

Ideally, I would love to send my whole car there and dyno test it like Jim's, but in all honesty it probably won't happen. Will there be a VRP ECU flash that will take into account the other parts in our cars? In my case, I'm pretty close to Jim's setup, but want to have more of a buffer zone towards safety and longevity (i.e. richer than leaner). I know that the balance of taking the advantage of our mods with engine protection is not easy, but I know you guys can do it.

Thanks...I'm motivated to get the VRP700 but I would like your guidance. I am sure there are a lot of other guys in my position.
Have you sent your ECU to CORY to have your ECU Flashed to reflect your new mods since the last ECU flash??
Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

you said you have K2 what else motor mods do you have? If none leave it be!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Jon,

I would leave it alone for now and just wait and see.. Each car behaves slightly different and depending on the revision of the tune you already have you may or may not need some adjustments..

Personally, my advice is to keep it in the back of your mind that if the need arises, we can update your tune if necessary. But I would wait until the car is back together and we datalog to see where it is at before making a decision on the tuning part.

We have been working to create "package" tunes for each level of modifications (VR550, VR600, VR650, VR700, etc). Although not perfect for all these different combinations out there, one of them will be close enough based on what is on your car.

The only mods that really throw the tunes out of whack are: cams, heads, headers... everything else, although created by different vendors aren't an issue (ie.. as long as you have a 175mm pulley our tune will work regardless of brand of pulley, all 80mm TBs are 80mm so it doesnt matter which one you have, and airboxes and other small items are compensated for by the ECU itself without the need for a retune).

I hope this all makes sense...
Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
you said you have K2 what else motor mods do you have? If none leave it be!
Not quite none...

VRP 80mm TB, VRP airbox/viper tubes, VRP cams, VRP extreme belt wrap, VRP I/C upgrade, PTE polished and ported heads (similar to VRP Heads stage II), less restrictive/modified stock exhaust, primary cat delete...+K2 (w/thermal coated shorty Kleeman headers)/ELM/LSD, Renntech toe-links, PTE thermostat and phenolic spacers.

Last edited by AMGfan; 03-22-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Not quite none...

VRP airbox/viper tubes, VRP cams, VRP extreme belt wrap, VRP I/C upgrade, PTE polished and ported heads (similar to VRP Heads stage II), less restrictive/modified stock exhaust, primary cat delete...+K2 (w/thermal coated shorty Kleeman headers)/ELM/LSD, Renntech toe-links, PTE thermostat and phenolic spacers.
LOL. ya Id say thats a bit more than K2. Did you get a tune for the cams and heads yet? If not at least Jackpro is going threw all the R&D for you. Just get a copy of his tune.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Each car is different...I dont thinbk its would be that easy if you max power and realibility...
Old 03-21-2008, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Each car is different...I dont thinbk its would be that easy if you max power and realibility...
Then I'd probably throttle back on the max power and want more longevity/reliability out of my engine.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:58 PM

S211 AMG
Not quite none...

VRP airbox/viper tubes, VRP cams, VRP extreme belt wrap, VRP I/C upgrade, PTE polished and ported heads (similar to VRP Heads stage II), less restrictive/modified stock exhaust, primary cat delete...+K2 (w/thermal coated shorty Kleeman headers)/ELM/LSD, Renntech toe-links, PTE thermostat and phenolic spacers.
Is that all? Wot no sprint booster?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fleebee
Is that all? Wot no sprint booster?
Oh...I forgot the sprintbooster...!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
yeah, finally have my car on the road again again after some wheel issues. getting my car down to LA for a ecu tune from SF bay area is kind of diffilcult with my work being real busy{ more $$$ for mods} ... too bad their isnt a network of installers
Old 03-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG
This guy has the sickest 55 in Tampa!!! Hands down...slow down Jon...let a brotha get a sneaky ECU reset...lol
Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Ideally I would like to tune each car individually, as they do vary. The higher the HP goal the more variance I have seen.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I took my sprintbooster out. It was taking away the top end after the tune. Go figure.