Need HELP diagnose power lost from Kleemann S/C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Need HELP diagnose power lost from Kleemann S/C

I had the Kleemann stage 2 installed in my 02 E55 about 3 week ago. Since I picked it up and drove 200 mile home I didn't notice any power lost. Still felt fast like the first day I pick it up. It drive normal with some rough idle. At low speed ~5mph parking lot spd it surge, jurk back and forward alot. sometime goes away. they told me that that was normal and that the computer is adapting and will goes away. still hasn't gone away.

But other than that it feel the same the day I pick it up from the installer. But the dyno meter say it lost over 70 whp.

Wasn't making the HP expected. Went to a different dyno meter. HP was about the same and Tq is way up.

Dynojet 248C Baseline 302whp/311Tq. S/C make 348whp/349wtq
Mustang dyno make 362whp/434wtq
S/C make 5.5 - 6 psi boost.

Mustang best run is with Airbox lid open.

When they install the S/C they did replace the MAF. Charge me almost $400.
Car felt congested, not enough air coming it so I replace the the air filter with a K&N. It open the engine air way alittle and I feel the car Tq & power gain. I only have the K&N in there for one day than got a dyno the next day.

Two different dyno meter different day, Something is not right here. We swap out mass air insert while on the Mustang dyno and make several run with new sensor it make no different. It ran richer.

I haven't notice anything different in power since I got the S/C put in, only on the dyno meter it not making what it support to make.

COuld the MAF sensor went bad before I gotten the car back
Why it didn't make any diffferent with new mass air sensor?
Boost drop as the rpm went up.

Can someone please help me diagnose this power lost. $16 grand for a 60whp increase seen a little ridiculous.
people who install it not to helpful, they don't want to step up and help me. They still think the mass air sensor is bad due to the K&N filter and the dyno shops don't know what they are doing, I'm tired of dealing with them *******!

attach is a dyno print out.

thanks you all in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails Need HELP diagnose power lost from Kleemann S/C-dyno.jpg   Need HELP diagnose power lost from Kleemann S/C-carb.jpg   Need HELP diagnose power lost from Kleemann S/C-frame.jpg  

Last edited by Peter_02AMG; 04-03-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I'm no expert but I dont think your boost should fluctuate like that
Old 04-03-2008, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'm no expert but I dont think your boost should fluctuate like that
shouldn't or should?? Is this normal??
Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
shouldn't or should?? Is this normal??
Your boost should not fluctutate like that
Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E55 AMG
If you're speaking about the dips/valleys on the CarbConn(Dynojet) boost graph, keep in mind that the graphing scale they're using can possibly show more of an unsmoothed graph than you've seen elsewhere.

The setup is supposed to make 5-6psi so Peter is making the correct amount of boost.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by jeremyw
If you're speaking about the dips/valleys on the CarbConn(Dynojet) boost graph, keep in mind that the graphing scale they're using can possibly show more of an unsmoothed graph than you've seen elsewhere.

The setup is supposed to make 5-6psi so Peter is making the correct amount of boost.
The Kleemann s/c is supposed to make 7 PSI boost
Old 04-15-2008, 12:23 PM

'03 E55 AMG
The Kleemann s/c is supposed to make 7 PSI boost
Direct from Cory at Kleemann;

"Boost pressure on the 55's will be 5-6 PSI- those engine's won't tolerate much more than that without knocking- especially with stock exhaust manifolds."

Old 04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by jeremyw
Direct from Cory at Kleemann;

"Boost pressure on the 55's will be 5-6 PSI- those engine's won't tolerate much more than that without knocking- especially with stock exhaust manifolds."

Directly from Kleemanns site

"The KLEEMANN Kompressor system for V6 (M112) and V8 (M113) engines is the very essence of the KLEEMANN slogan "Comfort Power." High power output combined with a low boost pressure of just 0.5 bar makes the system safe and provides long-term durability for the engine."
Old 04-15-2008, 01:00 PM

'03 E55 AMG
Directly from Kleemanns site

"The KLEEMANN Kompressor system for V6 (M112) and V8 (M113) engines is the very essence of the KLEEMANN slogan "Comfort Power." High power output combined with a low boost pressure of just 0.5 bar makes the system safe and provides long-term durability for the engine."
Unfortunately Kleemann's site is outdated. Cory at Kleemann will attest to this.