W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Anyone know of a C6 Z06 vs E55 on 5N?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by rflow306
He is politely trying to tell you to take your car to the track and post some impressive times for all to see.
I'll go to the track. I don't have the car back yet, but I'll go. What does that have to do with this thread? I'm just jabbing with Improv, but it was in traffic on a open highway. What do i really think happened? I think I always have a "driver's" advantage over most just because I may push mine a bit more. I dunno and I don't care. A win is a win, and the driver is part of that win.

Another thing nobody is even talking about is the powerband used on an 80 to 150 sprint. All that gets yapped about is the peak numbers and hypo situations. Again, not saying that would bump me over a Z06 but it may help over the other "modded" E55s that have shown 500hp.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Zlicious
Hey man, it's all good. As long as you are aware of the facts, it's all good..

I am still waiting on a response from Jrcart..
Been aware of them and always knew something was up. After all, this is an OT thread or our MC wouldn't be presiding.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by jangy
Another thing nobody is even talking about is the powerband used on an 80 to 150 sprint.
oy vey Jangy. Like I said I have plenty of data for you. for a matter of perspective on the day that Jamie ran a 10.83 @ 130 i ran a 10.99 @ 125 same day same track

Verified 60-130 times using Vbox GPS
7.48 - Acicchelli / Renntech SL65 AMG
7.86 - Divexxtreme / Stock C6 Z06 / 2-shifts <he can drive
Old 05-22-2008, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by E55JAY
oy vey Jangy. Like I said I have plenty of data for you. for a matter of perspective on the day that Jamie ran a 10.83 @ 130 i ran a 10.99 @ 125 same day same track

Offtopic, but Drivexxtreme has one badass P-turbo! Lol...

Thanks for the data Jay, good stuff. Lots of the 6speedonline dudes use the 60-130 measurements.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Offtopic, but Drivexxtreme has one badass P-turbo! Lol...

Thanks for the data Jay, good stuff. Lots of the 6speedonline dudes use the 60-130 measurements.
no problemo, and yes his pcar will make most grown men cry.

Id like to ammend my post above by saying that there is a lot of talk about HP in this thread but no talk about TQ. Our cars are pigs, period. The heavier our cars the more important that TQ figure becomes. Our cars would be pretty slow if we made about 100-200lbs feet less like the rest of the "normal" performance vehicles out there. Sure my car makes 530+ rwhp big deal, but it makes 710+ rwtq and thats what makes it get down the track. just my .02

Last edited by JAYCL600; 05-22-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Nice data and I like the 60 - 130 metric as well.

Not sure exactly what you are telling me, though.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Sean....are you just sore about getting SPANKED by a mom's stock E55?
Too funny Jangster I've got a novel idea?? I live on planet earth & know I can't run anywhere near a C6 Z06 in my stock SL600, how bout' you & I meet up for a few friendly runs

I'm pretty certain you should beat me, but I'm bettin not by much (going by your rwhp of 503 at time you ran the C6 wide body Z06 imposter lol) If you've increased your mod arsenal say to 530-550 rwhp I humbly retract "but I'm bettin not by much"

I'll deff pull out my stock air filters for a few more ponies, 600ft lbs should keep me near you on frwy roll.

If anything it's always fun to race a faster car INMYOP

PS...None of this "Meet me @ 8am in O.C. on Sat morning krap" you know I live in SB, so we both drive half-way & meet in LA.

I've looked up my Curb weight, it's very close to your 211 E55 4200-4300 lb..... My 2005 SL600 weighs 4429 lbs Soaking Wet... I'll pull out my spare tire too, so minus 60 lbs = 4369lbs !!

Last edited by Thericker; 05-23-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Id like to ammend my post above by saying that there is a lot of talk about HP in this thread but no talk about TQ. Our cars are pigs, period. The heavier our cars the more important that TQ figure becomes. Our cars would be pretty slow if we made about 100-200lbs feet less like the rest of the "normal" performance vehicles out there. Sure my car makes 530+ rwhp big deal, but it makes 710+ rwtq and thats what makes it get down the track. just my .02
I brought it up on page 5. bro

Originally Posted by Thericker
Are you forgetting about the most important # on the 65-AMG in question? What about the HUGE torque in the tuned CL65 around 900 ft lb's

It's got about 300-400 more torque than your E55...

Your 500rwhp is great don't get me wrong, but what about the torque?
No flamage bro just questioning is all
Old 05-23-2008, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Improviz
And if you don't believe the dynos on dragtimes.com, some of which have pretty videos which you can watch of the dyno run, you are more than welcome to contact the people who submitted any of the Z06 dynos I provided and verify yourself.
Since you introduced the dynos, you should at least provide some kind of validity as to how accurate they are. You seem to be convinced that a pretty video is an all mighty proof. If I bring a piece of evidence to the table, I have to at least show validity of that evidence instead of ask the other side to check validity if they don't believe me.

And if you don't believe the dynos on dragtimes.com, some of which have pretty videos which you can watch of the dyno run, you are more than welcome to contact the people who submitted any of the Z06 dynos I provided and verify yourself.
Don't assume everything you read on dragtimes (or online for that matter) to be 100% accurate.

They are speculative, and you have no evidence to support them.
First you said they were too hypothetical, but many know that they're not only possible, but in fact probable. So now them to being speculative, but so as most of our discussion here. These are conditions that do happen in a race.

My dear friend, this is not how the game works: YOU are the one making the claim, that magazines publish fraudulent data. It is not MY responsibility to DISPROVE your claim, it is YOUR responsibility to PROVE your claim. And I see by reading the rest of this point that you're back to (surprise) making more hypothetical arguments, so let me be clear: until or unless you produce a shred of evidence that the publications Car & Driver and Road & Track, which are the publications I cited, have published fraudulent test data favoring one manufacturer over another, this matter is, as far as I am concerned, closed for discussion. You can raise it, but I'm not gonna waste time arguing it.
Here we go again.... I claimed sometimes they manipulate data to favor a certain manufacturer. Surely you don't think that they are 100% unbiased to all manufacturers.

Moving along....
Yes we are.....

Well, if "verified' in your lexicon means only those runs which were witnessed by you, then you're basically not really interested in fact-based discussion, so I suspect this will be a short-lived debate, as I'm fact-based, not faith-based.
I never said it must be verified by myself. I said well respected members of the forum. And trusting a few posts on dragtimes is not really fact-based, maybe more faith based than critiquing them.

Per your ever-more-stringent standards, but you are not the Judge and Jury of all things dyno.
Never claimed to be, but you on the other hand seem to believe every dyno and post on dragtimes is 100% accurate, which whether is or not should be verified.

They also "could be" done by little green men from mars, but you don't have any proof of that either. Again: you are not the Judge and Jury of all things dyno, so you're wasting my time here. You have no evidence that these dynos are fraudulent.
And you have no evidence that they are real. Just because there is a video of something online does not make it real. I guess you believe in superman, the incredible hulk, and aliens........ they're videos are all over the hollywood.

Do tell...thanks so much for telling me what I already know.
No problem.

I think my meaning was clear, no need to repeat.
Maybe to you in your mind it was, but not to me or to what I was talking about.

Speak for yourself.
I was speaking for myself and a couple of friends

The best time they got in that test for the Z06 0-100 was ten seconds. An E55 does it in 9.8. If you think that's a representative test of a Z06, you need to get your head examined.
Please don't say....... Are you suggesting that the magazine skewed the numbers?

What accuracy does the dyno you're citing have? And google it if you want it. I originally got it from the tech section of Road & Track.
Definitely more accurate than the calculator and takes more factors into account vs the "hypothetical" calculator.

Jangy has his number; ring him up and see if he's up for a dyno if you're so interested.
Will do....

Yes, and as I said, if I took claimed numbers from Mercedes to calculate rwhp for an E55, I'd come up with 384 rwhp. Manufacturers' claims are sometimes underrated.
Using your own argument: you have no proof they are under-rated since nobody really knows the drivetrain loss percentage. And even the mighty E55 have shown some low dynos.

Like most of what you post, yes.
So you think these are very uncommon and un-realistic considerations in a real world race?

Fair for the E55, you mean, which once again shows your bias. The point is that European M5s and M6s DO come w/LC, and over there, they ARE as fast as E55s from any speed. The fact that BMW stripped them of that advantage here, and that the E55's greater low down torque allows it to get a better launch, does not eliminate the FACT that in ROLL-ON races, the E55 does NOT pull the M5. I PERSONALLY WITNESSED ROLL-ON RACES of this sort, and NOT ONE E55 won ONE race.
Either equip both cars with launch control or strip them both from it. It was BMW's decision not Mercedes. But even with launch control (which some people here in the U.S. custom added), their cars did not beat the E55.

If torque was the ultimate savior, then from 20-100 the E would be ahead, but it wasn't. The M5s jumped out almost immediately, and STAYED THERE.
Not in all races.

No, I did not cite dynos for any modded cars, sorry, that was ItallianStallion, whom I'm sure you don't regard as credible, because he drives a Z06, after all.
Who said anything about modded dynos. You must be tired. I said the dynos you introduced from dragtimes, which apparently are stock.

In this test, yes. In Motor Trend, the results are closer, now aren't they? Oh, but of course, we cannot use those, because like jangy, you simply refuse to acknowledge or accept any evidence which does not buttress your argument.
So the two magazines did report 2 different results for the same car. Yet you only seem to be interested in the Goddess of all magazines, Motor Trend.

It's kind of funny, though, how you on one hand argue that magazine data cannot be trusted because they juggle their numbers to support Brand A over Brand B, etc., then turn right around and use--gasp--a magazine test to try and prove a point.
I actually provided the link as an actual example of the inconsistency of magazine tests, which you seem to think is impossible Those are two different magazines, testing the same car, and report different results.

A best 0-100 time of 10 seconds when they've been tested in the 7s here is plenty of proof for me, but I'm sure you'll find some reason to doubt it, because it's a Chevrolet, not a Mercedes.
I'm sure the magazine tests are more than "plenty" of proof, but you seem to select only certain ones.

No, you just implied that they're all fraudulent and unworthy, because they show more rwhp than you want to acknowledge a Z06 can have stock, because it doesn't support your argument.
First you said I claimed they're all fraudulent, then now you say I implied yet that is not what I said. I even clarified in my last post but you seem to want to deny reasonable critiquing of online dynos.

I'm saying that from where I sit, I have no more, nor less, reason to give you, vadim, jangy, or anyone else here any more, or less, credibility than I give to those guys. If you feel otherwise, then please: don't believe them. But you have in no way, shape, or form shown them to be untrustworthy, unreliable, or inaccurate.
Vadim, Jangy, and others have established their reputation here very firmly. And many other members have verified their claims to be correct (whether about this particular dyno of Jangy's car or any other work). But the ones on dragtimes still remain unverified, and sorry, but you still have not proved any of their validity or accuracy.

So you don't love Jesus?
So you believe in superman?

What you mean is that in your mind, they are "unverified", because you're trying to eliminate any and all data which doesn't support jangy's car being faster....but unfortunately, you are not The Lord God of what are, and are not, acceptable facts. Nor are you the Iron Standard of Proof wrt the validity of jangy's dyno, nor with any other dyno.
No, what I mean is that in your mind they are verified with no proof while Jangy's dyno have been witnessed by credible members on here, and you're still welcomed to come down here and verify all of their work.

You offer opinions and spin, not facts.
You seem to offer your own "interpretations" of opinions and/or facts.

And if I did, you'd simply split more hairs and try to cast aspersions on it as well, because objectivity is clearly not your intention here. Your intention is to label as "invalid" any and all data that doesn't support jangy's car being the winner, which is fine, but you haven't produced anything more than sophistry to support it, so on points you lose.
Not really. I reasonably questioned un-verified data. Shortly after, you started claiming that I said all data was fraudulent and invalid if they don't support Jangy's car. So far you have submitted and talked about unverified data. I can submit un-verified data all day long, but still does not make that data true or valid.

Fine. But I've got better things to do than engage in philosophical discussions. If you have facts to bring to the table, please do, but I won't waste time discussing your OPINIONS on the validity of some numbers and the invalidity of others.
You haven't brought facts either. You looked up some data online and presented it as ultimate truth and is asking anyone who questions its validity to prove it themselves.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
No, I didn't, and please: a spare tire weighs a whopping 60 pounds, which doesn't even add up to 0.1 in a 1/4 mile race, so can you can the hair-splitting? His car is an '06, '06's came with spares, so your original point, that some 03's didn't, is not relevant to the weight of his car, which is the topic of discussion.
Actually I thought the topic was already side tracked when all the weights from different years were being discussed especially in separate posts.

Jangy did, which means that the lack of spares on 2003 models is not germaine to the weight of an '06 model.
I never argued that. I simply answered your question.

Side note: please correct your quotes. In this post, you accidentally quoted me as Jangy

When you were comparing data from all the other E55s, I stated that you should be careful because some E55s did NOT come with a spare, then you said who said that, and I replied member here on the board. Actually, I think some 2004 E55s also did not come with spare. I don't re-call Shawn's car with one, but I'll double check.
But let's cut to the chase here: you're trying to establish that 2006 MY E55s weigh far, far less than 4200 pounds in order to gain credibility for your weight/hp argument.
I said Mercedes' advertised weight numbers are based on standard equipment vehicles (without any added options), and that's why you're seeing the added weight.

Do you have any evidence that specifically refutes the weigh-ins I listed, which was, I remind you, owners of E55s from this forum weighing their cars??
I never said, implied, or even hinted their weights were in dispute You seem to dearly think so.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-23-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
And the same applies to the other side: you haven't proven that it is only 70 unless you establish that the dynos on dragtimes are authentic since you introduced them in the first place. Originally Posted by MB_Forever

Bro, I owned a nicely modded C6, 1 of my best friends bought an '07 C6 Z06 in 2007, (I had most of my mods done at Los Angeles Performance Division) "LAPD" Doug is there tuner, anyhow my friend David E. w/Z06 wanted to get CAI & a full Dyno Tune, I told him "LAPD was the place to go" & he went......Baseline STOCK DYNO was 465 rwhp!

After CAI (Vararam to be exact) & a full 7 hr Dyno & Road tune he put down 500 RWHP....Point is I have friends w/C6's & Z06's & spent many an hour studying up on the Corvette forums, the MAJORITY of Bone Stock C6 Z06's put down 440-470 RWHP END OF STORY...

Side note: I know of the 500 RWHP Beast from Dragtimes that Improviz omitted from his Z06 RWHP list due to it's obvious NON-Average power. Get this, the Damned thing was/is BONE STOCK!!!!! The 500 rwhp C6 Z06 was even featured in a special Corvette Magazine & had a comprehensive feature on it where they actually VERIFIED IT WAS BONE STOCK! The average Corvette does INDEED make excellent UNDERRATED POWER

Last edited by Thericker; 05-23-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
nice kill. anyone in a modded 55 coming to vegas for memorial day weekend? i have a stock zo6, video camera & love running my car from 60mph-160mph. anyone wanna play?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Actually I thought the topic was already side tracked when all the weights from different years were being discussed especially in separate posts.
Which shows that you know very little about MB's own specs for this car. Here are the published weight specs from MBUSA for the four years for which the W211 E55 was produced:

2006 E55 specs: 4087 pounds
2005 E55 specs: 4087 pounds
2004 E55 specs: 4087 pounds
2003 E55 specs: TBD

So I'm afraid that, when discussing the curb weight of these cars, ANY of these model years are examples.

If you have any evidence that MB affected any changes to these cars to reduce weight over this time, please produce it.

I said Mercedes' advertised weight numbers are based on standard equipment vehicles (without any added options), and that's why you're seeing the added weight.
Fine, so if Jangy's car is a stripper with no options, you've got a point to discuss here.

Otherwise, you don't.

I never said, implied, or even hinted their weights were in dispute You seem to dearly think so.
Then what are you arguing about specifically?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Which shows that you know very little about MB's own specs for this car. Here are the published weight specs from MBUSA for the four years for which the W211 E55 was produced:

2006 E55 specs: 4087 pounds
2005 E55 specs: 4087 pounds
2004 E55 specs: 4087 pounds
2003 E55 specs: TBD

So I'm afraid that, when discussing the curb weight of these cars, ANY of these model years are examples.
ANY of these model year examples? Your own link shows that the 2003 model weights is not available, so how can you claim that using the links you provided. Can you say ANY model year?. As I told you before, the 2003 models did not come with a spare. Those are not my words, but words of 2003 E55 owners. Also 2003 models did not come with navigation (except a few special editions). All of those things add weight.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-23-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Is anyone besides me contemplating suicide?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Rock
Is anyone besides me contemplating suicide?
I didn't even think people were reading the thread anymore
Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
more speculation.

ANY of these model year examples? Your own link shows that the 2003 model weights is not available, so how can you claim that using the links you provided. Can you say ANY model year?. As I told you before, the 2003 models did not come with a spare. Those are not my words, but words of 2003 E55 owners. Also 2003 models did not come with navigation (except a few special editions). All of those things add weight.
(sigh)....we aren't talking ANY model year, and you damn well know it. And we're also not talking about a 2003, and you also damn well know it. And wrt the cars whose weights I presented, some of them were said, by their owners, to have had the spare removed, so for those I added it back in, eliminating it as a variable from that data set.

And nav adds, tops, maybe 20 pounds, a far cry from 200. Again: what option could add 200 pounds?

I believe that the weights provided to us by owners, the weight results from Car & Driver and Road & Track (both of whom TESTED 2003 MODELS AND WEIGHED THEM IN AT OVER 4200 POUNDS WET) and MBusa's own data establish that 4200 pounds is a reasonable average weight for these cars.

Until and unless you provlde any actual evidence showing this to be unreasonable, this discussion is closed.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
MB_Forever, again, I'm not going to engage you in philosophical discussions.

You state that the data on dragtimes.com should be ignored. Fine. But this is your opinion. As I said previously, the site has dyno charts, videos, time slips, etc. which are, despite your insistance to the contrary, evidence. Ricker has personally witnessed such runs, which is evidence. Other people from this forum personally witnessed a stocker running a sub-11 time. And as I said before: you have in no way, shape, or form shown any of this data to be fraudulent, untrustworthy, unreliable, or inaccurate.

Your argument is, basically, that because neither you nor anyone you deem to be "reliable" witnessed the dynos in question, and because they "might be" fakes, then this invalidates them.

Which is, basically, a great big, steaming hot load of BS.

Using this "logic", a policeman could simply say "well, this man "might" have dealt drugs at some time in the past, and he can't prove that he didn't, so by golly, we'll just lock him up."

In other words, you're basically saying that, in your mind, these people are guilty until proven innocent.

Rubbish.

The site dragtimes.com is run by Fikse, a member of these forums. If you feel that those Z06 numbers, timeslips, dynos, videos etc. are inaccurate, untrustworthy, or unrepresentative, please, by all means: PM him, ask him to remove them, and see how far you get. I'm through arguing this point with you.

As to how well the Autocar's best test results for the Z06 they tested, ten seconds from 0-100, accurately represent the performance of that car, well, readers can look at the preponderance of evidence, particularly how well it's done in other publications, as well as videos, and what other members have testified to in this thread, and make up their own minds. I'm through arguing this point with you as well.

As to jangy's reliability, well, I addressed that above.

And I'm sorry, but yes, I have brought facts, along with other owners from this forum whom you are studiously ignoring. The drag times data are not imaginary, they are time slips, dynos, videos fo dynos, videos of 1/4 mile tests for this car. Others who have personally witnessed both dyno runs and 1/4 mile runs for bone stock Z06s have also brought facts. Owners of both cars have reported results of their runs, which are also facts. I have brought weigh-in data from Car & Driver and Road & Track showing the Z06 to weigh a full one thousand pounds less than an E55.

This has been firmly established, and you have presented nothing to counter it but ridiculous discussions about 2003 MY omissions of a 60 lb spare tire from a 4200 pound automobile, in a discussion about what a MY 2006 weighs. Even Mercedes' own specs show this to be a stupid argument, so I'm through arguing this point with you as well.

We've seen videos of what Z06s with similar mods to the one Jangy supposedly raced can do; when jangy produces a similar video or timeslip, then we can talk.

But until then, I'm through arguing with you. The facts on both sides are there, people can decide for themselves, and that's that.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
(sigh)....we aren't talking ANY model year, and you damn well know it. And we're also not talking about a 2003, and you also damn well know it. And wrt the cars whose weights I presented, some of them were said, by their owners, to have had the spare removed, so for those I added it back in, eliminating it as a variable from that data set.
We were originally, but then it came in when the conversation was generalized to E55s at some point!

And nav adds, tops, maybe 20 pounds, a far cry from 200. Again: what option could add 200 pounds?
Navigation: 20 lbs
Spare: 60 lbs
Pano roof: 100 to 120 lbs
Heated/Cooling seats: guessing 30 lbs
Parktronic: 20 lbs
Distronic: 10 lbs
Electric Trunk Closer: 10 to 20 lbs
LSD option from PP (was available in Europe, but some members in the U.S. were able to privately order it): 100 lbs

I believe that the weights provided to us by owners, the weight results from Car & Driver and Road & Track (both of whom TESTED 2003 MODELS AND WEIGHED THEM IN AT OVER 4200 POUNDS WET) and MBusa's own data establish that 4200 pounds is a reasonable average weight for these cars.
MBUSA's data shows curb weight of 4087 lbs NOT 4200 lbs. And I tried to explain this to you, but you keep denying it. Curb weight does not include any option.

Until and unless you provlde any actual evidence showing this to be unreasonable, this discussion is closed.
You yourself provided the data showing curb weight of 4087 lbs. Why are you now accepting the 4200 lbs figure?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
mb_forever, I'll make it easy for you.

Prove that the actual measured weights of the E55s I listed are unrepresentative of what jangy's car should weigh.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
You state that the data on dragtimes.com should be ignored. Fine. But this is your opinion. As I said previously, the site has dyno charts, videos, time slips, etc. which are, despite your insistance to the contrary, evidence. Ricker has personally witnessed such runs, which is evidence.
I just saw Thericker's last post. It was not stated earlier that he witnessed any of the stock runs you provided, hence the "unverified" not fradulent coment that you keep trying to push through. I respect Thericker if he did witness these runs, but that was not mentioned earlier

Your argument is, basically, that because neither you nor anyone you deem to be "reliable" witnessed the dynos in question, and because they "might be" fakes, then this invalidates them.
And your argument seems to be since such dynos exist on a website, they are consequently 100% accurate.

Using this "logic", a policeman could simply say "well, this man "might" have dealt drugs at some time in the past, and he can't prove that he didn't, so by golly, we'll just lock him up."
Using your "logic", a policeman can submit evidence to the court that a man is guilty without verifying any piece of it.

In other words, you're basically saying that, in your mind, these people are guilty until proven innocent.
Rubbish.
Incorrect. I said those people may be guilty or maybe innoscent until verified one way or another.

As to how well the Autocar's best test results for the Z06 they tested, ten seconds from 0-100, accurately represent the performance of that car, well, readers can look at the preponderance of evidence, particularly how well it's done in other publications, as well as videos, and what other members have testified to in this thread, and make up their own minds. I'm through arguing this point with you as well.
Autocar is a reputable magazine. Using your logic.....unless you have evidence that Autocar was delibertaley being fradulent or skewing data against the Z06 at any point, I have no reason to doubt their results.

We've seen videos of what Z06s with similar mods to the one Jangy supposedly raced can do; when jangy produces a similar video or timeslip, then we can talk.
I thought we were arguing about stock Z06s vs a well modified E55.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Prove that the actual measured weights of the E55s I listed are unrepresentative of what jangy's car should weigh.
I never argued their representation. I was arguing that not all E55s weight well over 4200 lbs as you stated. Because of all the "heavy" options of the E55 (and Mercedes in general), their weight may vary greatly, maybe 200 to 300 lbs.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
MB_Forever, you should read more carefully:

Again, if you believe the Z06 data posted on Fikse's website to be unrepresentative, inaccurate, or fraudulent, then PM him and ask him to remove them.

But I thought I was pretty clear when I wrote that, and the following, in my last post wrt the validity and invalidity of evidence.
MB_Forever, again, I'm not going to engage you in philosophical discussions.
But until then, I'm through arguing with you. The facts on both sides are there, people can decide for themselves, and that's that.
Through means trough. Come back when you've got some actual physical evidence that a 503 rwhp E55 can beat a Z06 w/intake and exhausts with a good driver. Plenty of evidence to the contrary, including testimony of Benz owners and a video of Zlicious destroying a similarly modded Benz has been presented that shows this ain't happenin'.

Last edited by Improviz; 05-23-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG

I never argued their representation. I was arguing that not all E55s weight well over 4200 lbs as you stated. Because of all the "heavy" options of the E55 (and Mercedes in general), their weight may vary greatly, maybe 200 to 300 lbs.
Please provide a quote where I stated that "all W211 E55s weigh well over 4200 pounds."

MBUSA's data shows curb weight of 4087 lbs NOT 4200 lbs. And I tried to explain this to you, but you keep denying it.
Please provide a quote where I denied that MBUSA's web site shows a curb weight of 4087 pounds for this vehicle, or where I claimed that their data says it is 4200.

Last edited by Improviz; 05-23-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Through means trough. Come back when you've got some actual physical evidence that a 503 rwhp E55 can beat a Z06 w/intake and exhausts with a good driver. Plenty of evidence to the contrary, including testimony of Benz owners and a video of Zlicious destroying a similarly modded Benz has been presented that shows this ain't happenin'.
Z06s are inconsistent because they are very driver dependent. But for this incident, nobody really knows if the driver was a "good" driver, "average" driver, or a "bad" driver. It is even harder to decide what constitues a "good" vs "average" driver, as different people will hold different standards. But even a very good driver can mis-shift or shift slowr than optimum once in a while. It'd be hard for someone to drive the car perfectly 100% of the time. Anyways, we don't really know much about the alleged Z06 driver, but I take it Jangy and him will probably meet again and maybe post some videos and some more info on what happened. I guess until then we'll wait and see.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: OT - Anyone know of a C6 Z06 vs E55 on 5N?