W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Anyone know of a C6 Z06 vs E55 on 5N?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Improviz
You never answered my question. Would you like for me to go to the Z06 forum and arrange a little meet with your Z06-killing E55 and some Z06 owners, all on video of course?

Perhaps we could arrange an M6 or two as well, would love to see this all on vid!

Oh sorry, didn't notice a question with your incinuations. Yes, please do go over to the other pond and grab some cars. I've never been worried about losing. Just hate all the calculations and theory that goes into the 1/4 mile when there SO MANY variables that the other crap becomes trivial. Please do tell your folks to bring cameras as mine will be facing forward.

Obviously, the easiest place for me is the San Diego 1/8th mile and a close 1/4 mile? You can setup a Vette in every little SoCal track and I'll show. Does that answer your question?

Like VIC said, this thread is getting boring. If you want to keep jabbing, fine but lets at least take it up a level so that i can stay interested.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Oh sorry, didn't notice a question with your incinuations. Yes, please do go over to the other pond and grab some cars. I've never been worried about losing. Just hate all the calculations and theory that goes into the 1/4 mile when there SO MANY variables that the other crap becomes trivial. Please do tell your folks to bring cameras as mine will be facing forward.

Obviously, the easiest place for me is the San Diego 1/8th mile and a close 1/4 mile? You can setup a Vette in every little SoCal track and I'll show. Does that answer your question?

Like VIC said, this thread is getting boring. If you want to keep jabbing, fine but lets at least take it up a level so that i can stay interested.
Actually, I was referring to rolling-start runs, because that's where you said you smoked the "slow" Z06, and I don't think you car with the horsepower your vendor claims it should be making is capable of doing what you said it could do.

So, I can certainly try and set up some 1/4 mile runs, but what I'm interested in seeing is you doing what you said you did: running a Z06 from rolling-start races and never losing.

Hopefully you'll agree that this would not only validate your car's performance, it would also shut us pesky skeptics right up...yes?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Actually, I was referring to rolling-start runs, because that's where you said you smoked the "slow" Z06, and I don't think you car with the horsepower your vendor claims it should be making is capable of doing what you said it could do.

So, I can certainly try and set up some 1/4 mile runs, but what I'm interested in seeing is you doing what you said you did: running a Z06 from rolling-start races and never losing.

Hopefully you'll agree that this would not only validate your car's performance, it would also shut us pesky skeptics right up...yes?

I'm in. Haven't I always? Use any excuse you want. You want it on 5N at 12 noon? Fine, just make sure your Vette shows.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I'm in. Haven't I always? Use any excuse you want. You want it on 5N at 12 noon? Fine, just make sure your Vette shows.
Stay tuned, working on it...
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 PM

none
I'm in too. Let me know when and where, if my schedule is open I'm down.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exodus
I'm in too. Let me know when and where, if my schedule is open I'm down.
Well, with you, there really shouldn't be any problem with recreating the race; we've already established that your car can travel through time, so just go "back to the past", take your cam with you, and rerun your magic 11.9 @ 119 mph 1/4 mile (this time, keep the slip, which you conveniently threw out), beat the Z06, and the modded M6--all with your top down, of course!!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Stay tuned, working on it...
Sounds good. i also called the GM of my friendly GM dealer and he may be able to set something up. The head of sales for Symbolic has an E55 and a C6 Z06 and I was planning on sshowing him my car when it is back anyway so I will ask him if he is up for a run.

You can post generals, but please PM me the details.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Okay, now you non-believers have some explaining to do. I went and talked to some Vette guys. They say that a stock Z06 puts about 460 - 475 hp to the floor. They also said that small bolt ons (headers) can bump it to 505 to the floor without too much issue. Now, my "story" was about a VRP tuned E55 vs a STOCK Z06.

All kinds of arguments came and went, but is it not the weight to power that decides who would win a full on race? Sure, gearing etc. can give one advantages over the other in certain bands, but overall a sprint from 70 - 150 should be about power to weight, no?

If this is so, then lets stop with all the theory. VRP just posted MY numbers and they show the car to be at 500hp to the wheels. I'm comfortable enough with the E55 to say that I believe in those numbers. I don't know about the vette. What exactly does it make to the wheel? My buddies say 460 - 475, but the officials are 505 at the crank. Assuming the most efficient drivetrain (that you all claim from an american, LOL!!) and maybe not much is lost.

Then comes weight. Again, the numbers range for the vette from 3100lbs to a solid 400lbs. So, which is it? again, the Vette guys I spoke to put their cars at 500lbs lighter than mine. If that is true, then the real question becomes can a car with 500 lbs added weight PLUS 25hp pull on a vette?

Now that I have done some research, I am really disappointed in the bunch of you. We all have cars that we worship and it hurts when someone belittles them. But the arguments used up to now have been nothing but emotional pounces on me. Some started to explain logially why they thought I couldn't but then the conversation quickly changes to "Z06's are made in heaven and you are a moron for saying that". Okay.

Tsk tsk at the haters, all of them. From the ones that just blindly love their muscle car to those that are just jealous that their tuner has not a clue. It is called a Torque Limiter. You can tune the bottom end until the sun comes up, but you get nowhere until you release the beast. I'm sorry to whomever is insulted by this and don't bother a flame war, cause I just don't care enough. It is amazing how some just grasp onto their comfort zone and just hate anyone who shakes it up.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:04 AM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
Jangy

Nice result~good to see you finally gettin some stuff done in a right way!!!
If i have to start all over again, i would just send my car to VRP!!!
Anyways, so far before CEL problem came on (finally fixed yesterday!) i've had three races with C6 Z06. and each time, i put about 1 1/2 length up to 135~140ish.... So i believe ur result! but like everyone said, it could be the driver but how hard could it be to race it on the highway especially when u own the car? i mean at drag strip, launching could be hard, but rolling race, it is the easiest thing~When i test drove Z06 couple months ago, it wasnt that hard to drive except the shifter was rock hard and had trouble putting power to the ground!
Good luck with ur tuning!!! All u guys make me want to keep my car especially with these stories and much better parts with reasonable price!!!

-Joon-
Old 05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
First off, you're really starting to sound quite deranged with this "non believer" and "hater" crap. Is this a car, or a religious cult?? If you want to start your own ministry, go snap up the domain www.iworshipmercedes.com and apply for tax-exempt status.

My status as a Mercedes owner and enthusiast is well-established within this forum. And for you to imply that somehow, because I'm an owner and enthusiast I should simply scream out, at the top of my lungs, "Ah believe, mah frayunds!! HALLELUJA!!" each and every time I read a kill story, no matter how strenuously the facts point in the other direction, is ridiculous, absurd, and frankly nothing more than a lame attempt to smear anyone who dares to disagree with you.

How about you try something new: you know, being civil, not insulting, not smearing everyone who disagrees with you like a two year old? It would be a pleasant change.

As to your car making 500 rwhp, wow, I could've sworn that I wrote a post in this thread a few days ago, after I visited your tuner's website, wherein I stated that the *maximum* your car could get was 505 rwhp, per their specs. So now they've told you (I guess without virtue of a dyno?) that you're at 500 rwhp. OK, great, that's five fewer than I tallied in the post I wrote that you obviously didn't bother to read...but as I also wrote in that post, you're still down on the Z06.

Why? Because the weight difference between your cars is not 500 pounds, it is over 1000.

Z06s weigh around 3150 pounds. E55s weigh around 4200. Car & Driver *and* Road & Track weigh the cars they test. R&T weighed the E55 they tested in '03 at 4200, C&D weighed theirs in at 4237. I've got both articles and can scan them if you want.

As to the Z06, again: both mags weighed it. C&D got 3198 pounds in the last one they did (Viper comparo), 3147 in the first one they tested in '05. R&T got 3150 in the one they tested in '06.

So it's not 500 pounds difference, Jangy: it's more like 1000 to 1100 pounds.

And an additional 25 rwhp over the Z06 isn't going to make up for that.

Last edited by Improviz; 05-03-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
First off, you're really starting to sound quite deranged with this "non believer" and "hater" crap. Is this a car, or a religious cult?? If you want to start your own ministry, go snap up the domain www.iworshipmercedes.com and apply for tax-exempt status.

My status as a Mercedes owner and enthusiast is well-established within this forum. And for you to imply that somehow, because I'm an owner and enthusiast I should simply scream out, at the top of my lungs, "Ah believe, mah frayunds!! HALLELUJA!!" each and every time I read a kill story, no matter how strenuously the facts point in the other direction, is ridiculous, absurd, and frankly nothing more than a lame attempt to smear anyone who dares to disagree with you.

How about you try something new: you know, being civil, not insulting, not smearing everyone who disagrees with you like a two year old? It would be a pleasant change.

As to your car making 500 rwhp, wow, I could've sworn that I wrote a post in this thread a few days ago, after I visited your tuner's website, wherein I stated that the *maximum* your car could get was 505 rwhp, per their specs. So now they've told you (I guess without virtue of a dyno?) that you're at 500 rwhp. OK, great, that's five fewer than I tallied in the post I wrote that you obviously didn't bother to read...but as I also wrote in that post, you're still down on the Z06.

Why? Because the weight difference between your cars is not 500 pounds, it is over 1000.

Z06s weigh around 3150 pounds. E55s weigh around 4200. Car & Driver *and* Road & Track weigh the cars they test. R&T weighed the E55 they tested in '03 at 4200, C&D weighed theirs in at 4237. I've got both articles and can scan them if you want.

As to the Z06, again: both mags weighed it. C&D got 3198 pounds in the last one they did (Viper comparo), 3147 in the first one they tested in '05. R&T got 3150 in the one they tested in '06.

Jangy please read this.... It makes all the sense in the world, I too said earlier the Z06 made on average 440-460 rwhp not 420 as others have reported, go read the kill section --new GTR race against Z06-- Z06 is stock... https://mbworld.org/forums/kill-stories/238166-c6-z06-vs-gt-r.html

Also these Z06 encounters every body has been posting lately could easily be mistaken identity, my old C6 looked a lot like a Z06, & I know of about 15 Wide body Conversions running around Calif. another 5 in Florida.

Point is... Maybe you ran into a decently modded C6 w/full wide body they only cost $300 for ea. rear fender $1500 w/paint/install
Mine was no slouch, 3.90 geared Auto 4 speed, 410 + rwhp, I beat many a car w/her

@ the time I ran & lost to the 211 E55, I only had 350-360 rwhp & 3.15 gearing. Our last race from a dig 0-140mph I spun all thru 1-2 gears (tires were notably worn) & still stayed within 3/4 of a length all the way to 140, I did loose every race though, esp on frwy rolls, all you that know me are familar w/video.... Anyhow food for thought...

Last edited by Thericker; 05-03-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
you're still down on the Z06.

Dude, just mellow out. Lets quit the personals and get to the facts. The second part of your thread is just that. That's all you need to say. So now, at least we have a common ground to disagree on. Thats the weight difference of a Z06 vs the 25 or so extra HP I may have?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Thericker
Jangy please read this.... It makes all the sense in the world, I too said earlier the Z06 made on average 440-460 rwhp not 420 as others have reported, go read the kill section --new GTR race against Z06-- Z06 is stock... https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=238166

Also these Z06 encounters every body has been posting lately could easily be mistaken identity, my old C6 looked a lot like a Z06, & I know of about 15 Wide body Conversions running around Calif. another 5 in Florida.

Point is... Maybe you ran into a decently modded C6 w/full wide body they only cost $300 for ea. rear fender $1500 w/paint/install
Mine was no slouch, 3.90 geared Auto 4 speed, 410 + rwhp, I beat many a car w/her

@ the time I ran & lost to the 211 E55, I only had 350-360 rwhp & 3.15 gearing. Our last race from a dig 0-140mph I spun all thru 1-2 gears (tires were notably worn) & still stayed within 3/4 of a length all the way to 140, I did loose every race though, esp on frwy rolls, all you that know me are familar w/video.... Anyhow food for thought...
What up bro!! I guess i never thought about it being a poser. It had the wide body with lots of sharp edges. It had the Z06 badge on the sides and it had the center exhaust setup. That's really all I know to look for. Should it have been loud if stock? It wasn't.
Also, yes I agree with you and everyone on their past experiences between E55s and Vettes, BUT the point I guess that I am trying to make is that this isn't your MOM's E55......(sorry AMG55 )
Old 05-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

This is a MB forum, so you should expect people that are enthusiasts of MBs to be here. Instead, I'll leave the worshiping to our little Vette club. You don't find it at least slightly interesting that all of the personal attacks have come from vette owners?
Old 05-04-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
What up bro!! I guess i never thought about it being a poser. It had the wide body with lots of sharp edges. It had the Z06 badge on the sides and it had the center exhaust setup. That's really all I know to look for. Should it have been loud if stock? It wasn't.
Also, yes I agree with you and everyone on their past experiences between E55s and Vettes, BUT the point I guess that I am trying to make is that this isn't your MOM's E55......(sorry AMG55 )
It's quite possible either way bro, stk Z06 exhaust at wide-open throttle is very stout/loud indeed, & nearing stk C6 sound below certain rpm (they only open butterfly exhaust at higher RPM) unless they get a little modd that allows them to run open all the time.

Always look at there brakes, (just like all the AMG poser threads, floating exhaust tips & puny brakes LoL) lots of guys do wide bodies on the vette boards, but rarely get big Z06 brake calipers, although I've seen a few that have done the whole 9 while still running stk C6 engine then other C6 wide bodies w/Twin Turbo monsters

NO doubt your 500 rwhp E55 is fast

Last edited by Thericker; 05-04-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Dude, just mellow out. Lets quit the personals and get to the facts.
I'll be more than happy to, provided you'll stop implying that I'm a "hater" when the fact is that my entire sum existance at these forums clearly shows anything but.

The second part of your thread is just that. That's all you need to say. So now, at least we have a common ground to disagree on. Thats the weight difference of a Z06 vs the 25 or so extra HP I may have?
Yes, based upon published weight figures from both manufacturers, road tests wherein the cars were weighed independently, etc.

This is a MB forum, so you should expect people that are enthusiasts of MBs to be here.
Either you're dodging, or you missed my point entirely. Obviously, given that I just wrote I'm an enthusiast, and my 2500 post, and 5.5 year membership here clearly show this as well, I'm at a loss to see how it could be inferred from reading my post that I'm complaining about Mercedes enthusiasts being here, which makes no sense because I am doing no such thing.

What I am doing is stating, in what I though was pretty unambiguous language, that I don't appreciate being labeled as a "hater" or a "non believer" when I'm neither. I don't hate you, your car, your tuner, your immediate family, extended family, pets, or anything else, and I'm not a non-believer, quote the contrary: I'm simply someone who believes that the facts point to a Z06 victory against your car assuming a decent driver and a well-running car.

Which is not to say that what you say happened didn't happen, because as I said there are other variables here which could account for poor performance on his part (and I presume cooler than normal temperatures which accounted for apparantly zero heat soak on your part despite running him numerous times over 40+ miles)....what I and others have been saying is that a well-driven, well-running Z06 should take you.

Instead, I'll leave the worshiping to our little Vette club. You don't find it at least slightly interesting that all of the personal attacks have come from vette owners?
I didn't know Exodus had a 'vette (thought it was a De Lorean), and I regard being called a "hater" and "non-believer" as personal attacks....which I'm hoping will stop, now that you seem to want to stick entirely to the facts.

Speaking of which, I posted a thread in the Z06 forum (which was promptly locked, but it links back here) asking if anyone wants to hook up and do some runs. Hopefully if someone is interested, they will come here or PM me given that thread was closed; maybe Ricker can come through.

Last edited by Improviz; 05-05-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I regard being called a "hater" and "non-believer" as personal attacks....which I'm hoping will stop, now that you seem to want to stick entirely to the facts.

Speaking of which, I posted a thread in the Z06 forum (which was promptly locked, but it links back here) asking if anyone wants to hook up and do some runs. Hopefully if someone is interested, they will come here or PM me given that thread was closed; maybe Ricker can come through.

Improviz: I get it better now. You took me labeling all the naysayers as haters and considered that personal. In that case, I apologize and understand what you are saying. Lets do blow this off and get to the facts. This thread has some real potential to educate some people on the Vette (me) and a few on the VRP tunes.

Again, sorry for calling you a hater. That's just how your post was coming accross to me.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Improviz: I get it better now. You took me labeling all the naysayers as haters and considered that personal. In that case, I apologize and understand what you are saying. Lets do blow this off and get to the facts. This thread has some real potential to educate some people on the Vette (me) and a few on the VRP tunes.

Again, sorry for calling you a hater. That's just how your post was coming accross to me.
Agreed. Good to move on. Especially on Cinco de Mayo.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Jangy...you have an extremely fast car. Probably a 120mph trapping car. Stock Z06 is mid 120's. Depending on how well the guy can shift, road conditions, and just the fact that it is an uncontrolled race...there is no reason to doubt you. You're car is blazing fast. It's a friggen family sedan that can blow the doors off the world's top sportcars! If I had a family or if I was a little older, chances are I'd go for a V12TT CL or an E AMG or M5/M6.

Your car is an animal and looks great, plus you have the finest luxuries and space for 4 passangers. You got nothing to prove dude!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS

At last peace.

Kudos guys; you could have kept on pissing and become more personal but instead you all became self aware. As jangy said this thread can be educational.

I still think the Z06 would kick the E55's butt j/k.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I agree!! I think Jangy did become self-aware. He developed the explicit understanding that he does exist.....................while simultaneously realizing he was getting his *** kicked.

JK, who loves you Jangs

Last edited by Rock; 05-05-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG

OK, fair enough....I certainly wasn't trying to hate on anyone, sorry you took it that way.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Jangy...you have an extremely fast car. Probably a 120mph trapping car. Stock Z06 is mid 120's. Depending on how well the guy can shift, road conditions, and just the fact that it is an uncontrolled race...there is no reason to doubt you. You're car is blazing fast. It's a friggen family sedan that can blow the doors off the world's top sportcars! If I had a family or if I was a little older, chances are I'd go for a V12TT CL or an E AMG or M5/M6.

Your car is an animal and looks great, plus you have the finest luxuries and space for 4 passangers. You got nothing to prove dude!
Amen to that! Fantastic car, and if it's got 500 rwhp you can literally count the number of production cars that'll pull it on one hand, which is pretty remarkable when you think about it!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
What up bro!! I guess i never thought about it being a poser. It had the wide body with lots of sharp edges. It had the Z06 badge on the sides and it had the center exhaust setup.
I remembered this post on the way home tonight, after I'd ended up with good rear views of a Z06 and a C6 (not racing them, though I'd have gotten the same view if I had! ).

Any, what made me think of this is that it turns out that they actually *both* have center exhausts:
Z06:

C6:

Anyway, just FYI...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
In fact, if it is an 08 C6 with the optional NPP exhaust, they essentially have the same exhaust, including the ability to open up two of the pipes (bypassing the muffler) on demand. Mine does.

Not only do you get a few more horsepower, the sound is incredible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: OT - Anyone know of a C6 Z06 vs E55 on 5N?