Sponsored by:

New Cadillac CTS-V is the fastest 4dr around the 'Ring, ever - 7:59

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 ML350
Originally Posted by transferred
But if you look a the stats it seems it could be so slow give the fact it had a supercharger. Someone else was discussing this on the forum, how it was slower than cars with much less power/weight ratio.

It's ok in the same way the pontiac gto is ok. It'll outrun a Boxster in a straightline but that's about it.
I don't think the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro VXR-Pontiac G8 GT are supercharged, they're 6 litre NA V8s.

As for the CTS-V, it does have a 6.2 litre supercharged V8 lump under its bonnet.

Not sure if the Monaro VXR is a spiritual descendant of the Buick Grand National GNX, but I'd bet that for the CTS-V to run anywhere near the time it has advertised at the Green Hell, it should turn left AND right pretty well!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:41 PM

I can't afford
I don't buy that lap time.
And neither did Caddy, they achieved 'em the good ole way.

GM might have fallen asleep for a bit, but f^ck with the General and you will get hurt.

or I'm just
Old 05-13-2008, 10:56 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
Why do you continue to troll here? Go away little boy. As for the other members, read this guys history. You'll learn to ignore him as I will from now.
ah go **** yourself tight ***
Old 05-13-2008, 11:43 PM

2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
The Holdens are crap. Badged as Vauxhalls in the UK. With a blower and fifty more hp they are still slower than new M3 and C63. Buy a copy of Evo and you'll see for yourself.
I was only showing you what we have going on down here in the 4 door performance market. I was not saying the Aussie product is better than the mighty AMG product. Calm down...I am after all an AMG man right

I also have a copy of that EVO mag and the Vauxhall / HSV did not fair to bad at all. You can say what you like about build quality etc but at 1/4 of the price what would you expect? If I was an HSV man I would be honoured that EVO mag considered my car to be in a class good enough to run it in a comparison together with a new M3 and a C63 when I payed considerably less, wouldn't you?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
interior is really impressive for cadillac...
Old 05-14-2008, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
As a rocketship daily this thing is going to rule. It will probably get decent gas mileage when it's not on full tilt and the interior is gorgeous. That being said, I still don't think it's on the level of the E55/63/M cars.
Yup, and thats why it'll be $15-30k cheaper than an E63/M5. The main reason I really dig this car is that its got a factory blown motor. With 50 more hp than a stock 55k motor...this should be fun for modders
Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
As a rocketship daily this thing is going to rule. It will probably get decent gas mileage when it's not on full tilt and the interior is gorgeous. That being said, I still don't think it's on the level of the E55/63/M cars.
it dosnt have the history amg/m quite does but i sure does beat the **** out of amg/m as far as performance bang for your buck
Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 PM

Gs 300, Rx 330
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
it dosnt have the history amg/m quite does but i sure does beat the **** out of amg/m as far as performance bang for your buck
yeah but is always about performance? I mean the car is faster than the 55/M5 but who really cares? If we all wanted the fastest performance cars in the world without luxury and history then we wouldn't be driving Amg/M cars would we?

If I want the whole package luxury and performance I will drive a a 55/63/M5 if I want straight performance than I will go with this car..but last time I checked the Amg and M cars are pretty fast themselves.

And another thing..this is only going to make the next generation Benz and Bmw faster so it's a win
Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned

With GM's resources to spend whatever time and money I'm not surprised they got a sub 8 minute lap time.

I think the car is beautiful, the interior looks awesome. I'm tempted to trade in my CLS55 on one. Tempted. But I'm not buying another new one V. The last gen V depreciated like a 35 year old prostitute and was about as reliable as one. I had mine lemon lawed by 12k miles.

But I will saw this, my CTS-V was more fun than my CLS55. But it's apples and oranges really. I hope Cadillac knocks it out of the park with this car and learns from the mistakes of the first one. I want to love the CTS-V, I really do but if I buy one after my fiasco with the first one I'm pretty sure all of my friends will shoot me.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:59 PM

ex-C32
Ring video is up. Nice to American car co setting the bar. Never see this from anyone else stateside. Not even Lincoln.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-video-up.html

Look on the 04-07 CTS-V forums for videos at Summit Point video of the 09 teaty mules.

Norm
Old 05-15-2008, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Norm C32
Ring video is up. Nice to American car co setting the bar. Never see this from anyone else stateside. Not even Lincoln.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-video-up.html

Look on the 04-07 CTS-V forums for videos at Summit Point video of the 09 teaty mules.

Norm
Oooh, man....watch the vid closely, you'll see that the run was done in a CTS-V with an *automatic* transmission!!! Pretty damn impressive, no matter how you slice it.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 AM

2010 ss and 2009 cts-v
lap

i wonder what a stick would do. that a auto wow
Old 05-16-2008, 01:28 PM

E55
Never underestimate GM. And there ahve been a number of E-AMG's that have ripped their rear diff's out when modded (stock?) - wasn't this part of the reflash that softened the shifts etc?

Based on my experience the GErmans have a long way to go with their electronics before they catch GM.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
E63 AMG, E60 M5
Nice to see Cadillac stepping up their game. looks like the horsepower wars continue.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by rbaker
So 2005/2006 model years AMG's aren't new enough to be representative of Mercedes? What about the 2008 E550 that still drives like a boat?

My biggest beef is actually with the dealers, both BMW & Mercedes, that aren't willing or can't fix the problems correctly on the first visit & cause more problems. Then when they try to tell you that problem is "normal" for an AMG or M car it's just ridiculous.
You really expect the E550 to be a track king? Get over it, it still handles better than most of the other cars in its class. Hell it recently won a comparo against the 550i. And yes after 2007 Mercedes really got its act to together and fixed what was wrong.

Sounds like its just your dealers but my dealers have addressed any issues or concerns I have had.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by enzom
Unless I missed it, I can't tell if the run was made on OEM tires. On a circuit like the Nordschleife, I would bet that you can pick up 20 seconds on tires alone.

I don't think I would ever own that car myself, but there is no denying that GM is trying to improve the performance of that model. Kudos for that.
Run was made on stock tires. Check out the video that Norm posted up...
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 AM

2011 C63
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I want to see what the stock motor can handle. It's basically an LS3 with forged internals, blower, etc, right? It comes with launch control, magnetic suspension, and a beautiful interior. Choice of manual or auto. I totally dig it and may get one in the future. I have an 08 Z06 and quality is great. I put 3k miles on it so far and I have some light boltons and not one issue. I beat the crap out of it every day and it's solid as a rock. When I tried running the SL55 hard, it would overheat everytime, as well as give me malfunctions. I even broke the power steering/rack and pinion by drifting. Same happened to my CLK500. The Z06 is bulletproof. And if Caddy is using the suspension of the ZR1 with a detuned LS9 (beefed up and blown LS3), then it should be one hell of a car. Time will tell though, I'd wait and see how reliable they are with mods first. I'd only get one if I can get 700hp out of stock motor and stock blower as well as getting away with a 100+shot of n2o. I also wonder how the auto tranny is. The manual should be a beast if its from the ZR1.
I've already proto-typed twin turbo kits on the LS3 corvettes not even forged crap pistons, rods and crank, and i made 700rwhp on 91 oct and meth on my dynojet dyno. You just cant spin the motors to high or they spin bearings. The car has been driving for about 2 months now. I think the LS motors are really nice out of the box. I really think GM had a good plan with these LS motors if you think about it. Same design...basicly every car and truck. I know for a fact that its rival company Ford is switching back to a newly designed push rod because these overhead cam motors are so bulky and heavy.

Last edited by TTAMG; 05-20-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 - obsidian black, all options except pano roof - gone but not forgotten
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I'm telling ya, was talking with the guy from Katech who knows the designers of these engines. He claims when guys start modding these, POOF!!!

Just not built stout like the AMG. People are going to mistake this for the Vette motor and he says in principle it is, but just not all the quality parts are used.

His words not mine, couple of corners cut for the Cad motors.
yeah, amg cars real stout!!....My 06 e55 leaked oild from both valve cover gaskets at 40k and needed a new steering rack at 10k....I think this caddy is an awesome car...
Old 06-27-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 - obsidian black, all options except pano roof - gone but not forgotten
Originally Posted by streetfire
With GM's resources to spend whatever time and money I'm not surprised they got a sub 8 minute lap time.

I think the car is beautiful, the interior looks awesome. I'm tempted to trade in my CLS55 on one. Tempted. But I'm not buying another new one V. The last gen V depreciated like a 35 year old prostitute and was about as reliable as one. I had mine lemon lawed by 12k miles.

But I will saw this, my CTS-V was more fun than my CLS55. But it's apples and oranges really. I hope Cadillac knocks it out of the park with this car and learns from the mistakes of the first one. I want to love the CTS-V, I really do but if I buy one after my fiasco with the first one I'm pretty sure all of my friends will shoot me.
They all depreciate fast! My 06 e55 WAS 88K and 2 years later kbb on it is about 46K...The non amg mercs depreciate a lot less....Also, the caddy's wheel hop issue has been resolved for this model..totally different set-up...there are some articles on this...I think this car is amazing and in no way inferior to my e55