W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by thebenzbar
You don't give up do you?!? Continuous lies and scams... go ahead keep feeding yourself to the wolves. I wish this was in my federal jurisdiction, I would not cease until this perpetrator is facing some serious jail time. Someone please PM me all the details about this fool, I'll see what I can do from my end and (federal) resources.
Just curious. What are your resources?

I am not advocating or giving advice either way. Just some information for the OP.

I just spoke with an Assistant U.S. Attorney in my building and he did indicate, if this has actually happened, this is a violation of 18 U.S.C § 1343. The problem will be convincing your District's AUSA to take the case for, possibly in their eyes, such a small amount of money. If he has been doing this on a large scale, it will be a more appealing prosecution. Otherwise, the locals can do it. He did say, however, persistence pays. Bend the ear of the right people. If you can find out who he is, you can also sue him if your credit card company does not remove the charges.

Anyway, I found through my own several minutes of research, a person committing this type of offense, faces a Statutory sentnece of not more than 20 years in prison, a $1,000,000 fine. As a Class C felony, he also faces, not more than 3 years of supervised release.

That sounds like a big scary sentence, but people are usually sentenced under the guidelines and not statute as above.

This type of offense is found in the Federal Guidelines under § 2B1.1 and calls for a base offense level of 7. If the amount of loss was $5,000 or less, there will be no additional levels. If a person committing this type of offense has no prior record, he is looking at 0 to 6 months in prison, restitution and 2 to 3 years of supervsed release. A person like this, depending on circumstances, would likely get probation with restitution.

Last edited by Derspeed; 05-23-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by grandcru_benz
We have sold numerous sets of wheels on MBWorld forum in the past. We have regional sellers who normally post our in the classified section. As a mater of fact we have 10 ads in classified right now, and just sold 8 items the past couple of days here. I hope that other past members we have sold to on here will come to our defense. This is the not the first time a shipment have been lost. We used Fedex and they have lost numerous of sets as well. In each particular case we have worked with the customer and made sure they were compensated beyond satisfaction. We would like to work with Timeless and Teolax to make sure they are satisfied as well. But unfortunately they have their own means to do whatever they want to do. Filing a chargeback is not the best thing to do. Working with the merchant to make sure the problem is rectified is the best route. Chargebacks further complicates the issue. We have been very successful with rebutting chargebacks because the buyer did not work with us.
If you've sold numerous sets before on MBworl then why did you have to create a new screenname. Your story is getting more and more unbelievable.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:17 PM

2007 E63
I just ran the tracking # again. Couple of things of note. The package estimated delivery date was yesterday, but nothing showed up. The last known location of the package is Ohio??? The wheels were coming ground from Boston to NJ. Why are they in Ohio. This guys is a joke and I will be filing all the appropriate police reports.

Thanks to everyone here for helping us.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Angry Could this guy be DR. Max?

Originally Posted by Timeless
Are you on crack? Just go to google checkout and refund the money...simple as that. Listen to me very slowly...YOU ARE THE SHIPPER. YOU PAID DHL TO SHIP THE PRODUCT. YOU PAID FOR INSURANCE IN CASE OF DAMAGE OR LOSS. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT FILES THE CLAIM AND GETS RE-IMBURSED.

Me being the shippee (receiver of the goods that never arrived) has NOTHING to do with this claim to DHL. If you actually did this for a living like you said you did you would know that. Every company that ships KNOWS this.

Your responsibily to ME is the refund of the purchase price.

If the wheels ever arrive I will apologize and give you an additional 10%.

Tell you what, I bet there are members from Boston here that might be willing to go meet you and check your identity to see if you are REALLY Phil Johnson.

How about that?
Timeless: I was scammed by a poster called "Dr. Max" a few months ago. This sounds like the same type of scam to me. PM me.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:32 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Remember anyone?

Originally Posted by deaguero
Timeless: I was scammed by a poster called "Dr. Max" a few months ago. This sounds like the same type of scam to me. PM me.

My scammer on E63 wheels said his warehouse burned down on Christmas day and the wheels were a total loss. Get this mother F&cker!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Esh

E55
We have sold numerous sets of wheels on MBWorld forum in the past. We have regional sellers who normally post our in the classified section. As a mater of fact we have 10 ads in classified right now, and just sold 8 items the past couple of days here. I hope that other past members we have sold to on here will come to our defense. This is the not the first time a shipment have been lost. We used Fedex and they have lost numerous of sets as well. In each particular case we have worked with the customer and made sure they were compensated beyond satisfaction. We would like to work with Timeless and Teolax to make sure they are satisfied as well. But unfortunately they have their own means to do whatever they want to do. Filing a chargeback is not the best thing to do. Working with the merchant to make sure the problem is rectified is the best route. Chargebacks further complicates the issue. We have been very successful with rebutting chargebacks because the buyer did not work with us.
Don't you just love how this guy can't even answer a direct question?

So apparently in his world it goes a little something like this: We are a reputable business yet our products get lost in the mail all the time. When they do get lost, it's not our fault because we have insurance. We do everything in our power to ensure customer satisfaction yet we do absolutely nothing to help the customer out. We claim to have a website, getusedparts.com, yet in our "about us" section it clearly states that "Get Used Parts does not handle the actual sale of these parts, as this site serves as an information gateway connecting users with sellers."

Spoken like a true gentlemen eh?

This guy just doesn't get it. He tries to create a diversion in order for his funds to clear, smoke and mirrors. DHL doesn't just steal people's shipments. Either way, the SHIPPER is reimbursed for the shipment and insurance.

The buyer of an item should never have to deal with shipping unless he/she provided an incorrect address or was not there to pick the item up. The supposed "customer service" this guy has is none at all.

Bring him down, send him off to prison. But only do that if he's a legal US citizen, otherwise deport the sucker back to where he came from.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:14 PM

MB
Derspeed: I'm actually on travel status now (at PBI airport) but as a field agent I can contact some colleagues up north for advice and references with the local authorities to speed up the process. Professional courtesy between agencies helps most of the time. I have reffered a similar situation in the past (in this forum: long story which I'll share later when im on a pc so it's easier to type, not on an iphone) and it was handled as consumer fraud with a good outcome. Fed jurisdiction comes into the picture due to interstate commerce. It isn't easy since higher priorities are present but it's worth a try. I wouldn't want this to happen to another enthusiast like me so I feel it's better if a community of forum members do the best they can to identify and report this crook/scammer. I'll login again tonight after my flight. I really hope though that Timeless and Teolax were at least able to get the local authorities involved. Grandcrubenz: read and reread every post in here, you will not get away with your criminal intent and actions.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:15 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Angry Deport the A hole

Originally Posted by Esh
Don't you just love how this guy can't even answer a direct question?

So apparently in his world it goes a little something like this: We are a reputable business yet our products get lost in the mail all the time. When they do get lost, it's not our fault because we have insurance. We do everything in our power to ensure customer satisfaction yet we do absolutely nothing to help the customer out. We claim to have a website, getusedparts.com, yet in our "about us" section it clearly states that "Get Used Parts does not handle the actual sale of these parts, as this site serves as an information gateway connecting users with sellers."

Spoken like a true gentlemen eh?

This guy just doesn't get it. He tries to create a diversion in order for his funds to clear, smoke and mirrors. DHL doesn't just steal people's shipments. Either way, the SHIPPER is reimbursed for the shipment and insurance.

The buyer of an item should never have to deal with shipping unless he/she provided an incorrect address or was not there to pick the item up. The supposed "customer service" this guy has is none at all.

Bring him down, send him off to prison. But only do that if he's a legal US citizen, otherwise deport the sucker back to where he came from.
Yeah! Get him in the crossfire of AK47's and RPG's, Fark Him
Old 05-23-2008, 01:47 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
We was prepared to assist with the DHL claim for the lost shipment. But since you decided to do a chargeback, We are under the impression your trying to run a scam on us and DHL the shipping company. We however don’t feel obligated at this time to assist with going against DHL for the lost shipments. Its clear your credit card company is going to work in your best interest. But we will make your credit card company is aware of whats going on. We will file a rebuttal believe that until everything is settled with DHL on our end. We cannot believe Timeless and Teolax would try to insult our company like this. We have well over 7 regional offices including our website getusedparts.com . We have never remotely had a problem like this to this extreme. This is a complete shock. Our track record with the BBB speaks for itself. We will work hard to get our company back up to par despite the negative claims that this forum made against us. In this particular instance this in no form or shape should affect the way customer service is given.
dude, give it a rest dawg. no one believes you.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:53 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Update: based on all his IP's he is located is Boston/Cambridge/Brockton areas.

I wonder is this guy using a verizon mobile modem, and moving around all over the place or just spoofing IP's? Regardless all of them are based from Verizon.

OrgName: Verizon Internet Services Inc.
OrgID: VRIS
Address: 1880 Campus Commons Dr
City: Reston
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20191

NetRange: 72.64.0.0 - 72.95.255.255
CIDR: 72.64.0.0/11
NetName: VIS-72-64
NetHandle: NET-72-64-0-0-1
Parent: NET-72-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
Comment:
RegDate: 2005-06-24
Updated: 2005-12-13

OrgAbuseHandle: VISAB-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: VIS Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-513-6711
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@verizon.net

OrgTechHandle: ZV20-ARIN
OrgTechName: Verizon Internet Services
OrgTechPhone: 800-243-6994
OrgTechEmail: IPNMC@gnilink.net
he can use any open proxy available on the internet so looking solely on the src ip will not be conclusive to his location.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:17 PM

05 C55
well im sure he wont be selling anything else around here. hopefully he will end up like super surge.... -------->
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1
Old 05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Appreciate all the support guys. I do not wish to go over what I am doing in case he is watching. Hope he is prepared to do more jail time. I believe the section of town he is in is not a very nice area and he has probably visited the corrections facility before.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by StevE55
I was going to see if he will try to sale it to me after he already sold it to you, just trying to look out for you man
Sorry, am in kill mode right now.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:58 PM

'10 GLK 350 Capri Blue/Black
No need to panic, I found out what happened.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:05 PM

02 c32 99 superduty
Get this clown!

Make sure he does some time so Bubba will have a new play toy for a few months.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Al Bundy

Old 05-23-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
BTW, here is his supposed New York address:

OEM Headlights N Parts
762 3rd Avenue
New York NY 10017
UNITED STATES
Old 05-23-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Even if the DHL truck dipped in the pool, the rims would still be in there!

Trying to make light of a very bad situation, and his method of proxy is making it hard to track down exactly where he is, but the Verizon as the ISP is a dead on. This guy is an absolute crook, hope this plays out to the good. People such as him should be made a salad tosser.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:45 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Al Bundy

After reading through all these posts and being mad, this actually made me laugh out loud.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:14 PM

CTS-V
Guys, he's legit. Here's the real picture.

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly-dhl.jpg
Old 05-23-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2000 W210 E55// 2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
The Dude ripped off two of our members...I think the time for jokes will be AFTER he's caught. I don't think the two people he ripped off are laughing at all.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by thebenzbar
Derspeed: I'm actually on travel status now (at PBI airport) but as a field agent I can contact some colleagues up north for advice and references with the local authorities to speed up the process. Professional courtesy between agencies helps most of the time. I have reffered a similar situation in the past (in this forum: long story which I'll share later when im on a pc so it's easier to type, not on an iphone) and it was handled as consumer fraud with a good outcome. Fed jurisdiction comes into the picture due to interstate commerce. It isn't easy since higher priorities are present but it's worth a try. I wouldn't want this to happen to another enthusiast like me so I feel it's better if a community of forum members do the best they can to identify and report this crook/scammer. I'll login again tonight after my flight. I really hope though that Timeless and Teolax were at least able to get the local authorities involved. Grandcrubenz: read and reread every post in here, you will not get away with your criminal intent and actions.
I see these types of cases all the time. You're right, most agencies, unfortunately, have bigger fish to fry.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by Timeless
BTW, here is his supposed New York address:

OEM Headlights N Parts
762 3rd Avenue
New York NY 10017
UNITED STATES
No suite number? This has to be a bogus address.Thats across the street from my attorney's office. He's at 747 3rd.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 PM

C55
uhh you guys missed something:

Originally Posted by benzgrandcru
I work at Bain Capital thats my companys phone. You cant be calling at all times of the day man. Thats why I gave you my cell numbers to call me on. You called me 4 times at Bains and Twice on my cell. My boss is gets really upset about personal phone calls. You need to call me on my cell, not my work. Also you know that DHL has told you that the wheels were lost. I told you I will help get this sorted out with DHL in regards to the claim. Dont lie man, just tell the truth.
I thought he worked at BAIN Capital????????

so he works at a VC and a ****ty *** car parts store?

keep diggin that hole mother f*cker

Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 PM

Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by bigben320e
....Trying to make light of a very bad situation....
+1

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly-dhltruck.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly