W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:01 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by bmw1
Guys this could be partially true, because my friend(not oretade) worked at Best Buy and 2 years ago XM did a promotion(only for employees) on their service to try out XM. I believe you could give it to family, but can't remember the restrictions on it. But as you can tell he did abuse it anyway and gave it to his friends. I know at one point they gave a year away free, but I believe you had to use your Best Buy email/ID Number
What a coincidence that this is your first post here, on a screename registered a few minutes ago, and that you are now defending the scammer...

Hmm...
Old 05-29-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
All noobies (yes, this means you), please read before posting.

http://blog.cyberchun.com/archives/000428.html
Old 05-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by CWW
What a coincidence that this is your first post here, on a screename registered a few minutes ago, and that you are now defending the scammer...

Hmm...
he's legit.

he has a university IP. one that I don't think the scammer or his buds would know of.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 E63S P30
Guys this could be partially true, because my friend(not oretade) worked at Best Buy and 2 years ago XM did a promotion(only for employees) on their service to try out XM. I believe you could give it to family, but can't remember the restrictions on it. But as you can tell he did abuse it anyway and gave it to his friends. I know at one point they gave a year away free, but I believe you had to use your Best Buy email/ID Number
Well sure that makes perfect sense! Thanks. We'll take it easy on him, now that you've been kind enough to point this out, what with that credible 1 post backing you.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:05 PM

00 BMW
Originally Posted by CWW

Hmm...
Guys, I have been reading this today and just not registered, I have no connection to him. I was just showing that there is more evidence that he is probably linked to Best Buy as well. Which makes it worse for him because it probably means he was buying stuff with employee price and selling it online. I bet Best Buy would like to know about this as well.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM

MBenz CLC 200 Sport Kompressor
Police (justice) has to obbligate paypal and googlecheckout to open the infos about him.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

*Mod Edit/

Originally Posted by 55fanatic
Hey all, I just woke up and was like three pages back... For those people reading and watching from Massachusetts...

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT Visit his address

As we get the information sorted out, we will try and be there when he is arrested. We don't want to stalk him or his family, giving them ammunition to press charges against us, this trash isnt worth it. When the time comes I will ask a few people offline to join me, if we are given the oppurtunity.

Second... Can we keep whoring to a minimum... If you would like to *****, please take it to our whoring thread...
Originally Posted by e1000
All noobies (yes, this means you), please read before posting.

CLICK ME
/Mod Edit*

Originally Posted by sam o nela
Hey Ventura County huh!? Same here man!! And I agree with you...there would be no cops involved had he pulled a scam and they traced him down to this neck of the woods!!
actually, if it were in LA or if any of the victims were in LA, this guy would have been raided already.

I know that quite a few other members have close ties with law enforcement in LA.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:07 PM

A car
Originally Posted by CWW

Hmm...
Actually I think he is helping us by linking him to Best Buy. (he really COULD have worked there in the past)
Old 05-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Guys, I have been reading this today and just not registered, I have no connection to him. I was just showing that there is more evidence that he is probably linked to Best Buy as well. Which makes it worse for him because it probably means he was buying stuff with employee price and selling it online. I bet Best Buy would like to know about this as well.
kid is legit. welcome.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
sorry and i understand why someone might not want to answer this....

what precludes someone from placing him under citizens arrest for fraud/theft { if a local victim}while awaiting for law enforcement to arrive or do we have to wait for law enforcement to build its case and get the go ahead from the DA to arrest?

Last edited by neveo; 05-29-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
ok guys... not to go against the tide here but I dont really know if the last guy was a scammer, I myself have set up a million and one email accounts in the past for stuff...

Now one thing I think is begining to happen in this thread is that I believe everyone who has EVER been scammed is checking in saying its him... This becomes a he said, she said thing and snow ***** into a bunch of mis information that we will later have to go through, thus delaying the inevitable for these guys... If you suspect yourself of being a victim of these guys... please PM myself, E1000, or NLPAMG... we will need IP addresses from your originating forum if available, we can then refernce them against what we already have...

Calm yourselves down as we become a mob, we become dangerous to ourselves... For all the local members, DO NOT VISIT him at work... We are taking a number of measures off line... we dont want anyone to get in trouble for harrasment.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by neveo
sorry and i understand why someone might not want to answer this....

what precludes someone from placing him under citizens arrest for fraud/theft { if a local victim}while awaiting for law enforcement to arrive or do we have to wait for law enforcement to build its case and get the go ahead from the DA to arrest?
please do not, absolutely do not place him under citizens arrest. investigating him is one thing, taking justice into our own hands is another.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 PM

00 BMW
Originally Posted by Fallen33
Actually I think he is helping us by linking him to Best Buy. (he really COULD have worked there in the past)
Yup or he has a connection to it which was probably being abused as well.

Thanks nlpamg for clearing me! Just trying to help out.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:15 PM

VW Polo
Hey. Just thought I would register to show my support for you guys. I first found out about this on ultimate-guitar.com. I find it amazing that a community can pull together like this to protect some of it's members. You should all be proud, all the people that added any information played their part in this. Very well done. Major respect and I hope this scumbag gets caught.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
As a South African myself I will go out on a limb and say that no-one on this video clip is South African - not even remotely close!
glad to help
Siswati

Originally Posted by Fallen33
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=6807423

The accent matches up in this video where our scammer is speaking. ( if that is a South African accent if someone more knowledgable can confirm)

Kinda hard to tell from the vid the sound isn't the best.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by SAP_Pete
Are you really up to 30 posts in this thread only adding no value whatsoever ?
Only asking a question. No need to be a douche.

Also, You may want to look back at one of my recent posts. I have given 2 other alias names that he has gone by.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:17 PM

A car
Originally Posted by siswati
As a South African myself I will go out on a limb and say that no-one on this video clip is South African - not even remotely close!
glad to help
Siswati
Thanks for the confirmation. It was longshot guess on my part.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:19 PM

A slow Tahoe!
Originally Posted by E55BKS
I have it guys, it may take up to 30 mins to run the check, I'll get back to you shortly.
the email addres he gave was not the same one he used to set up the MB account, he told me the one he gave me was 3 years old, after I ran a check on it it came back with this comment:

Razorback

Basics Reputation
Demographics
First Known Activity: About 1 Hour Ago

Tip: Hover over an attribute to see its source.Online Communities

From what I can see he just set the email account up today. Does that make him a scammer? I dont know but he did lie about the email account, if he's not a scammer or a friend of, he should be honest.

Last edited by E55BKS; 05-29-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:20 PM

BMW
Originally Posted by bsamoul
we don't use the security sensors...

and second, on the macbook air listing on page 38 or something
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...-t-1450-a.html

i noticed two things. since he works for apple, he would know that the 80gb hard drive only comes on the 1.6ghz model. the 64 gb solid state hard drive has the 1.8 processor. also he said Icam. there is no icam, it's called isight, and any apple employee who works knows that it's called isight because we watch all the teenage girls every friday and saturday night use it when using photobooth. it would be nice if anyone knew the serial number of it, so I could look up a copy of the receipt with that information.
That is incorrect. My Air has the 1.8GHz and the 80GB HDD.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:21 PM

06 megacab diesel 4x4 with go fast goodies
Mods I know that you are probably extremely busy right now... but just a thought could you assign someone to maybe go through and clean up this ENTIRE thread and delete all of the whoring posts that have no relevance to assisting in this case... just in case say some new officers or investigators wanted to review the ENTIRE thread to get every bit of detail they could it would not take them 43 pages to obtain all the information... just a thought

Last edited by tclappcummins; 05-29-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

nice, thanks

Originally Posted by E55BKS
the email addres he gave was not the same one he used to set up the MB account, he told me the one he gave me was 3 years old, after I ran a check on it it came back with this comment:

Razorback

Basics Reputation
Demographics
First Known Activity: About 1 Hour Ago

Tip: Hover over an attribute to see its source.Online Communities

From what I can see he just set the email account up today.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I know it's hard, but please, please try to keep the whoring to a minimum!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:27 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Alright, fair enough. You have my apologies.

This stupid scammer has been coming up with 100 different screenames and proxy or wireless IP addresses to be able to keep posting his garbage here, right up until about 10 minutes ago...and after awhile it gets hard to weed out what is his B.S. and what is legitimate.

And yes, there is definitely a Best Buy connection. Someone found out from myspace videos that one of Jon and Billy J's friends, who is a member of their stupid little club that they self-named "The Empire", works at a local Best Buy.

Jon himself works at the cambridge galleria Apple store, and I suspect Billy Jr. may work at the downtown Apple store on Boylston. In addition, we know their home addresses, telephone numbers, parent's names and contact information, vehicle registrations, what college Billy attended, his graduation date, what they all look like, what they all sound like, etc. etc. etc. Seriously, I don't think this could be woven up any tighter if we had their DNA profiles...

At this stage, it's all pretty well locked up (pun intended), and the only thing we are waiting on is for a copy of a cancelled check to get sent to one of the scam victims, and then we can link the scumbags to the bank account that received the payments. But in the meantime, the idiots keep coming on here and trying to throw red herrings into the mix to distract people.

So at this point, it is really only a matter of time before the cops decide to go have a chat with Billy and Jon, and I think I may print out a copy of this thread, along with all the photos and the cached ebay and forum listings for apple merchandise, and send it along to the store manager at the galleria and also to Apple's loss-control department. Something tells me they won't be so thrilled when they see the all the crap these schmos are selling on the side...

In the meantime, sorry for the misunderstanding...

Last edited by CWW; 05-29-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:28 PM

Don't
Hey everyone..Here from DJForums.

If anyone needs me to run some lookups on the IPs, I'd be happy to. I can't run Traceroutes with the internet service I'm on right now, though. The latency is too high and it times out.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 PM

Cobalt
Man, I wish I would have been told about this thread sooner! I work for DHL, and I can say that all tracking numbers this dumbass has posted have all been referred to our fraud department.

It's a shame that our resources are being wasted with the multiple events I see open on these tracking numbers.

And all jokes aside - I know how much we suck, so save it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly