Sponsored by:

unbelievable...dealer wrecks my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
germans
Originally Posted by imboom
Sorry to hear that happen to a fellow Oahu MBWorld member. MB of Honolulu has always been fair and treated me right. Seems like you are as calm as it gets with this situation and that the dealership is trying to make things right.
yes....MB of Honolulu is great, just an unfortunate incident. mahalo
Old 06-25-2008, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
thank you very much for the info. Anyone in here know where I can possibly find the contact info for who I need to talk to?
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. I am sorry for those **** messing up your car but they don't have to do ***** for you.

THE ONLY WAY TO GET ANYTHING OUT OF THEM IS TO GET A ATTORNEY!

ON PROBATION

Vehicle I drive: 2006 E55 BEAST
GOOD JOB!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
I just got off the phone with MB USA. They said that they cant step in and I need to deal with the dealership. I named names for a few minutes and Itold him that Sam Danati, the service manager is the reason that MB service has a bad reputation. I told them that he was rude to me, he treated me like a child the entire time. I also told them that he basically told me to go F myself. I also told them that I've been treated more respectfully at the Chevy dealership when I used to service my Tahoe. I made sure that Sam's name was in the report.

Now the bad part. MB USA had to "respectfully decline" giving me any contact info for a regional manager. **** suckers. I cant believe MB USA isnt gonna step in. I'm disgusted. They told me to speak with the general manager of the dealership. F that. Im really done playing around and being nice. I've been ridiculously nice with them throughout this entire mongolian cluster **** of a stituation. (You can thank my hero Geroge Carlin for that reference, may he rest in peace) I'm gonna have my attorney sue them as soon as I figure out my course of action.

Question still stands- should I have the body shop fix my car right now or not?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
WOOOHOOOO 600 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Last week I went by to talk to the service manager. I explained to him that I spent a few thousand extra when I bought the car to get one without a crash history, I even waited 5 months to find one then I had to order it from New Mexico!!!!!! I explained to him that because of this car crash I was bound to lose money when I wanted to sell it. I told him that I thought giving me an extended warranty would help me not lose too much money when trying to resell the car. Honestly I was just fishing, it would be really nice to get it, I think it would be fair, but I dont think its asking for too much. After I asked he turned into a complete douche bag, **** rag, **** sucking mother ******. He responded with "but it could have happened to you", even though I imagined jumping over the table, strangling him with his tie and stabbing him to death with his house key I kept my cool and responded by simply saying "yes, but it didnt". He said he'd let me know. I went back today and he said that MB doesnt feel like they were at fault and they shouldnt have to compensate for anything. He said it like such a douche too, like the car crash was my fault. I've never wanted to slap someone so hard before.

Is thee anything I can do? I really dont want to come out of this a loser for something that I had nothing to do with. What do you guys think? Personally I think hes treating me like s*** because Im young and hes not taking me seriously.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks
I am one to understand things happen but I love how he says MB feels it is not our fault and we should not have to compensate you. Whos fault is it then? I would talk to the GM if they dont come through with something for you. It was a fishing expedition before but now that they say something like it not our fault its time to start being a *****.

Good luck. B Hills MB is pretty terrible these days. Id stay away from them. Paulee Body Shop is a quality place your car will come back good as new. Either Paulee body Shop of Beverly Coach Craft when your MB's get hit is so-cal.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
2 minutes after I first read this thread I got a call from Beverly Hills MB... They crashed my car. They were circling the block to recalibrate my navigation and some ********* ******** ******** ****** ******** made a U turn without looking and ****** up my right side. When I got down there they gave me a crash report and they had a rep from Paulee Body Shop there (Where I would have wanted to take my car anyways. He inspected the car (needs new front passenger door) and told me to go to the body shop tomorrow, where he would have a rental waiting for me. I think they did a good job of taking care of me. Anything else those ******** ******** **** should have done after ******** ******* my car????? When I sat in it I felt like I was getting into bed with a cheap ***** with visible bullet wounds. ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************

Who was at fault? The other driver making the U turn?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
I figured out what my best course of action could be, but I need help. Can anybody who has either an E55 or CLS55 in the Los Angeles area contact me please. It might take a couple of hours of time, but it would be an unbelievable help for me. I'll even buy lunch or dinner wherever you want. lol. I would really appreciate it.

Danny
Sakhai@USC.edu
310-428-2077
Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
WOW!!

first of all, i feel really bad about what happened to your car.

if i were u i would make them replace the car - or give u the option to get something similar like a cls55.

u might want to see if u can get a newspaper or one of those special news programs to look into ur story. this will scare the living sh*t out of the dealership.

anyway, best of luck.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Thanks a lot for the idea, I'll see if I can find someone.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Sorry to hear that. Not sre what you will be able to do, but if you need someone knocked off.....
Seriously....these dealers suk ***! havent found one that has been honest or considerate.
Good Luck with it all.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Get them to buy the car off you at full retail (if its always going to bug you the car is not 100% clean...), or let them throw in some warranties servicing etc. Or better yet cash for damages.. all of them.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:46 AM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
First of all don't expect car dealers to be honest and accommodating, unless you force them to be by using a lawyer. Their job is not only to make money; it is to make as much money as they can!!! If they can get away with it by ignoring you, they will do it.

In any case, what I would do is the following...

1): Once it is fixed (I assume on dealer's expense) have the car appraised i.e. Carmax - they give you a written report explaining the condition of the car (paint jobs, damages etc) and estimated price to buy it from you. Ask them but I am not sure if they will tell you the difference if it was mint but you can take a look at the trade in value at www.kbb.com or some other place and compare. They both are legitimate sources so they should be admissible to court.

2): Once you have evidence of the depreciation of the car after the event, get a lawyer (if it is worth it after the lawyer's fees i.e. depreciation >$6k) or take them to small claims court, it costs about $150 to sue them. I think the maximum for small claims is about $2500 or $3500, don’t quite remember. It is a fairly simple procedure but it will take a while.

Last edited by kchristos; 06-26-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Are you stil freaking complaining. Suck it up. Bend over and take it like a man. Geesh, my ars is constantly filled with petrol jelly from these stealers!

Just kidding man.. I feel your pain, trust me. The best is, sometimes I feel like walking in to these guys and going, "Look, I know you're going to F me, put at the very least, can you buy me drink before just jamming it in there."

**** Suck3rs! Hang in there bro.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Am I going to be the only one who goes against the grain here? The dealer doesnt owe you much... The person who made the U turn is the one who hit your car... getting the dealer to give you this or give you that? Not there problem... Bring the person to court who hit your car would have been much easier...

In the case of the owner from Hawaii... It was the dealers fault, thats why they are being accomidating to him. The dealer did nothing wrong to your car. They were simply test driving it, they werent beating on it, they werent abusing it, it was not involved in an accident as a result of what they were doing. They were servicing it and verifying everything was correct. Its common practice to test drive a car after a repair. Now what I would have done was have them help you out to show how much the accident has devalued the car and had the other guys insurance cut you the propper check or taken his insurance to court.

Two seperate accidents here... two different paths to get the same results