I got rear ended today in teh oc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
I got rear ended today in teh oc

I was parked, and some dumbass off duty prison guard hit me backing out.
He went about 15 feet at 15 miles and hour, I was messing with my nav w no seatbelt. He was driving a big ol Chevy truck with those chrome bumpers that did NOTHING to it.
My neck/back is killing me, I am gonna see a doctor tomorrow and I called an ambulance chaser. I did go too emergency and the doctor was being such a douche bag I left, don't ask me why but he was going to have me wait 2 hours to get x rayed.
The bumpers on our cars are crazy, we both thought the rear should be totaled. I'm laid up so no pics sorry.
I just had the corner pushed in pretty good.
Gonna get an estimate from Laguna MB I guess unless anyone has suggestions.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
So is this post part of your case?

Originally Posted by Vader13
I was parked, and some dumbass off duty prison guard hit me backing out.
He went about 15 feet at 15 miles and hour, I was messing with my nav w no seatbelt. He was driving a big ol Chevy truck with those chrome bumpers that did NOTHING to it.
My neck/back is killing me, I am gonna see a doctor tomorrow and I called an ambulance chaser. I did go too emergency and the doctor was being such a douche bag I left, don't ask me why but he was going to have me wait 2 hours to get x rayed.
The bumpers on our cars are crazy, we both thought the rear should be totaled. I'm laid up so no pics sorry.
I just had the corner pushed in pretty good.
Gonna get an estimate from Laguna MB I guess unless anyone has suggestions.
Sorry about your car but what a litigious society in which we live. Insurance premiums going up again it looks like.

Last edited by Carl Lassiter; 06-13-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:14 AM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Sorry to hear it.

I got rear ended at a red light 3 days ago. Slow hit, probably 3-5 mph, only left some very small marks that will buff right out. The bad part is the old, old, old lady that hit me took off when I pulled over; I had to call 911 & give them a play by play while I followed her 15 miles to her house.

They didn't even ticket her, or fill out any paperwork, have us exchange info, nothing; even though she admitted to hitting me!! I guess they felt sorry for her because she had one foot in the grave & the other on a bannana peel.

I had to call the shift Sgt. to get a case/incident number in case any damage is found when I get the car on a lift. Parking sensors, exhaust hangers, K40 rear detector, who knows??

I HATE stupid people!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Sorry about your car but what a litigious society in which we live. Insurance premiums going up again it looks like.
It's the way of the world and if people knew how to freaking drive it might not be so bad eh?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Andy0331
Sorry to hear it.

I got rear ended at a red light 3 days ago. Slow hit, probably 3-5 mph, only left some very small marks that will buff right out. The bad part is the old, old, old lady that hit me took off when I pulled over; I had to call 911 & give them a play by play while I followed her 15 miles to her house.

They didn't even ticket her, or fill out any paperwork, have us exchange info, nothing; even though she admitted to hitting me!! I guess they felt sorry for her because she had one foot in the grave & the other on a bannana peel.

I had to call the shift Sgt. to get a case/incident number in case any damage is found when I get the car on a lift. Parking sensors, exhaust hangers, K40 rear detector, who knows??

I HATE stupid people!
Wow, nightmare....yeah I wanna see what's under the bumper, I did have a bad scratch on it so, that's cool at least..I get a new one.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Vader13
if people knew how to freaking drive it might not be so bad eh?
True. I spend most of my freeway journeys wondering how weaving 'econobox A' managed to avoid speeding 'econobox B'
Old 06-13-2008, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Dibs on the ELM, the grill and the front lip. You know, in case the **** gets totalled :P
Old 06-13-2008, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
True. I spend most of my freeway journeys wondering how weaving 'econobox A' managed to avoid speeding 'econobox B'
Or just weaving around them, In OC NO one uses turn signals and just fade in and out of lanes.

Godfather..
I got hit in the rear and am getting a new bumper...clown..lolol