San Diego Much??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
San Diego Much??

Any of you forum members in the SD area get together every now and so often? I noticed there are a couple out here just from browsing around the forum. I finally bought an E55 after over a year of waiting and I've got mad questions about it but I don't feel like starting fifty-leven threads.

Anyone wanna hook up and school a n00b?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I got ya, bro. We can hookup most any time. I live in RB and work in Vista. Its a great time to be getting a 55K!! Tell us about the car...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Currently I live in San Marcos, up by the university.

As far as the car goes, I really don't know lol. It's an 04, black, 42k miles, good condition.. And as far as I can tell it's all stock. I think it MAY have the speedbooster on it though, because even light on the throttle and it kicks down really fast.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by bobgodd
Currently I live in San Marcos, up by the university.

As far as the car goes, I really don't know lol. It's an 04, black, 42k miles, good condition.. And as far as I can tell it's all stock. I think it MAY have the speedbooster on it though, because even light on the throttle and it kicks down really fast.

HAHA!! I doubt it does. That's just the beast inside!!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
HAHA!! I doubt it does. That's just the beast inside!!
LOL, I knew right after I typed that, that it would appear like I'm surprised by the fast car. It's not the acceleration that confuses me, it's the fact that at 5% throttle it kicks down two gears lol.. That doesn't seem normal to me. I'm used to hitting the throttle and blasting off in manual cars, but I've never driven an automatic that was so eager to down shift.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
LOL, I knew right after I typed that, that it would appear like I'm surprised by the fast car. It's not the acceleration that confuses me, it's the fact that at 5% throttle it kicks down two gears lol.. That doesn't seem normal to me. I'm used to hitting the throttle and blasting off in manual cars, but I've never driven an automatic that was so eager to down shift.
I know exactly what you mean and it is one of my favorite parts of the car. It is the tranny program. If you want to know if there is a sprintbooster on it, just remove the one bolt holding the accelerator down and pull the wires out and see what is connected to it. About 5 minutes.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Two questions:

1. I have to get my car smogged before I register it (New Mexico title); recommend any cheap smog places?

2. I was working in RB today and on Bernardo Center Dr there's a Chevron with a car wash that was jumpin lol.. TOO many ladies out with their nice cars. Jangy, ever been to that wash? Normally I take my cars to the Chevron on Melrose in Vista right off the 78, they do a decent job.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Two questions:

1. I have to get my car smogged before I register it (New Mexico title); recommend any cheap smog places?

Balboa Ave in the same complex as ORW. Also, there are a few on Miramar right by the 805.

2. I was working in RB today and on Bernardo Center Dr there's a Chevron with a car wash that was jumpin lol.. TOO many ladies out with their nice cars. Jangy, ever been to that wash? Normally I take my cars to the Chevron on Melrose in Vista right off the 78, they do a decent job.
Haha, I live just on the other side of the 15 from that place. It is a cool one. There is the best sushi in town in that same complex.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Two questions:

I just took my W210 to "The Smog Station" off Black Mts & Miramar. $45 + $9 cert and waited 25 min.