Sponsored by:

05 e55 Wagon w/ 50K Miles on Ebay/CL - Buy it now $39.8K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I just test drove it today and everything seem to be ok. There is some minor damage at the bottom of the front bumper (which they said that they would fix) and it needs a little detail job but other than that for 39K you can't find a better car.
Hammer, I sent you a PM. Thanks again for taking the time and for providing the update. I will give them a call later this week. I'm willing to see what happens with the auction and go from there and I'm a bit concerned about the mileage. I have a bit of time on my side so I'm going to see how this all plays out. I'm waiting for an update from a buddy of mine for the latest auction prices in my area. In the mean time:

KBB trade in price - 05 wagon
Good $39,785
Fair $35,91
Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 AM

S211 AMG
Originally Posted by Wish4_e55Wagon
Hammer, I sent you a PM. Thanks again for taking the time and for providing the update. I will give them a call later this week. I'm willing to see what happens with the auction and go from there and I'm a bit concerned about the mileage. I have a bit of time on my side so I'm going to see how this all plays out. I'm waiting for an update from a buddy of mine for the latest auction prices in my area. In the mean time:

KBB trade in price - 05 wagon
Good $39,785
Fair $35,91
It is a great price but they always are from LM. Most of their cars are coming through auctions so there's maybe a little history or it is deemed a less desirable car. I would argue that the latter reason is the justification for the low price as the wagon is just so hard to find. it seems there have been a number of forum members recently asking about wagons for sale because they are so rare. I would expect/hope the wagons would hold their value a little better than the equivelent sedan if you consider this and that they were about $3k more when new.

It's great that Hammerdown went to see it which means he's close by and could make sure all is put right with the car before you buy. Most of their business is through internet sales and you'd be crazy to buy the car from them this way, sight unseen. They're not to be trusted. Also, make sure you get an inspection done at a reputable dealer and not one that is possibly in bed with LM.

The wagon is a great car and if you get this one or another one you'll not be sorry. Best of luck.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 AM

I agree with your post. Though one can make the argument that because the wagon is rare, it is hard to find a buyer - especially given the current economic state and price of gas.

I've seen three wagons for sale recently after 5 mos of a lull so they do pop up from time to time. I wouldn't buy any car sight unseen. That said, I tend to over research all my purchases
Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by Wish4_e55Wagon

I've seen three wagons for sale recently after 5 mos of a lull so they do pop up from time to time.
that's odd, every single time I look on autotrader or ebay or CL I NEVER see even one wagon.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by red60R
If you guys want a real laugh....the dealer I've been chatting with regarding the C63 offered me 33k.....yes...33k.....for my 06 wagon....granted that was without seeing the car or anything but I laughed and said, "sure, when you drop that C63 to 30 for me"........

that's some depressing depreciation of a car that stickered at mid $90k's two years ago......no way I will dump it for that, I'd rather keep it until it doesn't drive anymore then give it away for that sort of cash
when I challenged him to ensure he was not mistaking it with a C55, he suddenly came back with $43k without seeing it...saying he had confused me with another trade request........
Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Fleebee
It is a great price but they always are from LM. Most of their cars are coming through auctions so there's maybe a little history or it is deemed a less desirable car. I would argue that the latter reason is the justification for the low price as the wagon is just so hard to find. it seems there have been a number of forum members recently asking about wagons for sale because they are so rare. I would expect/hope the wagons would hold their value a little better than the equivelent sedan if you consider this and that they were about $3k more when new.

It's great that Hammerdown went to see it which means he's close by and could make sure all is put right with the car before you buy. Most of their business is through internet sales and you'd be crazy to buy the car from them this way, sight unseen. They're not to be trusted. Also, make sure you get an inspection done at a reputable dealer and not one that is possibly in bed with LM.

The wagon is a great car and if you get this one or another one you'll not be sorry. Best of luck.
I offered to hook Robert up with my connections at Mercedes of Pleasanton for an inspection. If I'm recommending a car for someone I want to make sure that the car is a good one. I want people to know if I give you my word that it is golden. So far I am 1 for 1 so far with helping Str8ridin to get his car.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I offered to hook Robert up with my connections at Mercedes of Pleasanton for an inspection. If I'm recommending a car for someone I want to make sure that the car is a good one. I want people to know if I give you my word that it is golden. So far I am 1 for 1 so far with helping Str8ridin to get his car.
Is there anyone from this board that lives in AZ that bid on this car?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Hammer Down, Im sorry and I dont mean this in a bad way at all but what do you do? Please dont take that in a condescending way.

And OP... if this car doesn't have any problems please get it. You'd be a fool not to IMO.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 PM

2008 ML320 CDI
Is there anyone from this board that lives in AZ that bid on this car?
well someone from Oakland bid on it now.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 754 Likes on 735 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
man, i wish i could've waited few more months for this...
Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by red60R
that's odd, every single time I look on autotrader or ebay or CL I NEVER see even one wagon.
1. This wagon

2. In the middle of July their was a black wagon with 19" or 20" wheels on Ebay. The car was in TX.

3. In the MBWorld classified section, there is or was a wagon listed

4. Last week there was an 05 Silver wagon for sale in Florida that was listed on CL -I spoke to him once, but he never got back to me or answerd my emails. The post has since been removed but you can see the original header if you do a google search

5. private seller (so I guess this doesn't count)

Anyway, you just have to scour the web, forums and ask around. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 AM

Auction Ended - Highest offer was $35K

Looks like the dealer declined an offer for $35K put in on July 3. The wagon has 49796 miles since the post. Is there a 50K mile limit set by MB to wear they will not offer an extended warranty after 50K miles? I might be wrong, but maybe someone can chime in. I know after market warranties are available for around $2500 - $5K pending coverage.

Offer history
Offer Price Offer Status Date of Offer
US $2.00 Expired Jul-10-08 19:09:17 PDT
US $25,000.00 Expired Jul-10-08 17:16:33 PDT
US $28,000.00 Declined Jul-03-08 17:39:08 PDT
US $35,000.00 Declined Jul-03-08 06:01:38 PDT
US $25,000.00 Declined Jun-25-08 18:32:31 PDT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

Did you know that this 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG Wagon is one of a HAND FULL that was made in Germany? This one is hard to find!! Yeah… really it is! Warning! This vehicle is going to fly off our chart quick so if you are hesitating on making your decision, whether you should buy it or not, I wouldn’t waste time having those thoughts. Why? Because the time that you are using up gathering your thoughts someone else is on the internet clicking the buy it now button. So what I am saying is that this vehicle is in such phenomenal condition that there is no need to worry ! All that is said… NO DISCOUNTS! NO REALLY THIS VEHICLE IS WORTH THE BUY! This supercharged 5.5-liter V-8 engine delivers 469 hp and 516 pounds-feet of torque. Brilliant Silver skin with swept-back front end. Oval headlights are angled back more sharply with Xenon headlights, and a sculpted trunk which leaves plenty of space for your miscellaneous things. This vehicle offers appeal and athleticism that gets you anxious for speed! But besides the talent that it offers here are some other amenities you will appreciate: Harman/Karmon Logic 7 digital surround system with12- speakers including tweeters & subwoofer, with a 6-disc CD changer, satellite radio, Navigation, 18” AMG Wheels, Black AMG leather seats including: adjustable side bolsters, dual lumbar support, thigh support, Dynamic multi-contour front seatbacks, and 3-position memory and Third Row! In addition, it has Alcantara headliners, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, Dark Wood trim, one owner, clean title, and a clean CarFax of course! You know what to do… start dialing 1-866-350-6204 or come into Luxury Motors and drive this beauty out of our showroom floor!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 AM

I'm actually going to be in the Bay Area this weekend due to the passing of a dear family member and the last thing on my mind is the purchase of a car. However, If it is still around, I just may check it out.

Last edited by Wish4_e55Wagon; 07-11-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey
well someone from Oakland bid on it now.
I know he had someone else that was interested in the car because he called me and ask if Robert was still interested and I told him that he may wait awhile so if you get another offer to go ahead and sell it to someone else. This may be the person that bid on the car