W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers.... What is wrong with them? I just dont get it..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2004 E55(sold), 2001 Viper GTS, 2006 Viper VOI9, 1994 ZR-1 Corvette 2009 Viper ACR,
Dealers.... What is wrong with them? I just dont get it..

I sware... Every single time I take my car into the dealer, there is a nick or scratch of some type.

As noted in a seperate thread. I had my car in for service over the last few days to correct an IC pump failure, and to handle the fuel filter recall... The good news.. They DID find fault codes, and a high intake temp. which was shutting down the kompressor.. So, a new IC pump, and the car is running great...

The bad news!!!!!!!!

I now have a nasty door ding in my driver side rear door..

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know..I usually do a walk around prior to leaving the service drive.. But I was running late today and didnt have time.. I take immaculate care of my car.. I know every blemish the car has.. There was not 1 single door ding prior to today..

Unreal... Now I have to call tommorow and see if they can handle this.. The good news is, there is no paint damage.. So I think its something one of those "dent wizard" people can handle.. We'll see...

Is it too much to ask? Just give me the car back in the exact same condition as when it was dropped off?? No better, no worse..I mean really!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Taximan1
I sware... Every single time I take my car into the dealer, there is a nick or scratch of some type.

As noted in a seperate thread. I had my car in for service over the last few days to correct an IC pump failure, and to handle the fuel filter recall... The good news.. They DID find fault codes, and a high intake temp. which was shutting down the kompressor.. So, a new IC pump, and the car is running great...

The bad news!!!!!!!!

I now have a nasty door ding in my driver side rear door..

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know..I usually do a walk around prior to leaving the service drive.. But I was running late today and didnt have time.. I take immaculate care of my car.. I know every blemish the car has.. There was not 1 single door ding prior to today..

Unreal... Now I have to call tommorow and see if they can handle this.. The good news is, there is no paint damage.. So I think its something one of those "dent wizard" people can handle.. We'll see...

Is it too much to ask? Just give me the car back in the exact same condition as when it was dropped off?? No better, no worse..I mean really!!!!

I've had similar expiriences, 1 thing is a must NEVER let them wash your car EVER, I swear those retards must use steel wool pads for a wash mitt or a bag of walnuts...

Good luck on the door repair
Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 M3
I feel your pain. Someone actually made a nice scratch on the drivers seat that I get to look at every time I get in the car. And to top it off, my daughters Nintendo was stolen on during the same visit to the stealership.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
I was looking at an ML500 and had them evaluate my wife's Mountaineer for a trade in.

The used car moron parked so close to a concrete wall that he knicked the door. There was still a paint fleck hanging on it.

I called the sales manager over, showed him the problem and ripped him hard about the lack of respect this shows on behalf of their management and if that's how the managers act imagine how the minimum wage guys act.

Mercedes, Porsche, Lincoln, Subaru, pick one, they're all idiots.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:04 PM

germans
somehow, I don't think that all the mechanics and lot attendants adopt dealership philosophies about professional customer service.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:07 PM

c55
Most dont care because of poor treatment from the higher ups

So it gets taken out on you guys
Old 08-05-2008, 04:45 PM

2005 E55, 2004 E55(sold), 2001 Viper GTS, 2006 Viper VOI9, 1994 ZR-1 Corvette 2009 Viper ACR,
its almost to the point. Where, unless its a big issue. I'd rather just work on it myself.. Even when its under warranty....

It's such a hassle.. the Car is NEVER,EVER done the same day.. Not once.. And usually has some type of damage..

I have never hit the underside of my front spolier once, yet there are scratches all over it..
Old 08-06-2008, 02:10 PM

08 MB
Originally Posted by Taximan1
its almost to the point. Where, unless its a big issue. I'd rather just work on it myself.. Even when its under warranty....

It's such a hassle.. the Car is NEVER,EVER done the same day.. Not once.. And usually has some type of damage..

I have never hit the underside of my front spolier once, yet there are scratches all over it..
That's my philosophy as well. Unless there is a major issue I can't easily fix or figure out I just repair the car myself.

Luckily I haven't needed any major work with my last few cars so no service headaches to deal with.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:24 PM

I can't afford
Originally Posted by Thericker
I've had similar expiriences, 1 thing is a must NEVER let them wash your car EVER, I swear those retards must use steel wool pads for a wash mitt or a bag of walnuts...

Good luck on the door repair
Uneducated (about detailing), they use dirty wash mitts that fell on the ground and have rocks/dirt in them.

They don't care about our cars like we do. Also this is the shops fault as this should be brought to the detailers attention, which it never is.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 PM

I can't afford
Originally Posted by scm319
I feel your pain. Someone actually made a nice scratch on the drivers seat that I get to look at every time I get in the car. And to top it off, my daughters Nintendo was stolen on during the same visit to the stealership.
If it's a black interior take some black shoe polish Wipe it off well once it's dry.