W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

****New England Dragway 8/13********

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008 | 03:22 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
****New England Dragway 8/13********

Zach, Lee and myself will be heading out to the track tomorrow night. Won't be the best conditions but it's been too long. If anyone else would like to join us, love to see you there.

Cory, @ Kleemann, just finished installing the Quaife LSD and it's being overnighted back to Maine tonight. Should be all set for tomorrow.

If there is anything worthy of sharing, we will post up videos.
Old 08-13-2008 | 03:40 PM

QUAIFE is INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!

Gonna run her hard tonight and see how she performs. No holding back on the launches tonight. DA will be above 1,000 but just wanna play with the BEAST tonight with it's new Quaife LSD!!!!!!!!!!

My MB mechanic says she's running great with the QUAIFE!!!!!!!!

Will report in the am........
Old 08-13-2008 | 07:07 PM

2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
If there is anything worthy of sharing, we will post up videos.
Worthy or not, post the vids. I love watching that beast rip down the track.
Old 08-14-2008 | 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Any new records? How was the track?
Old 08-14-2008 | 08:10 AM

2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Conditions not so great, everyone had a hard time hooking up, and no records were broken while I was there. Lee ran street tires, which on his car is similar to putting two of those mini spare tires on the back of a normal 55. But I had a great time and both Roland and Lee are cool guys with arguably cooler cars. Lee's wagon is so freakin' stealth, I can't even imagine some of the people he has shocked on the streets. He has tinted windows which you can't run in NH but you can in MA, which just looks tight on a black wagon. I ran crap for times, but still enjoyed it. Posted my times on another thread, "e55 vs e63 - empirical data" if you are interested. Z
Old 08-14-2008 | 11:22 AM

Mini Meet at NED 8/13.................

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Worthy or not, post the vids. I love watching that beast rip down the track.
Hey Alex,

Hope all is well and things are working themselves out in Colorado.......

Just a terrible night at the track. The track was in terrible shape but it didn't stop us from having a great time.

Lee, Zack and Chris was there last night. So we had 3 E55's and 1 E63, a mini 4 car AMG meet. Lee's car is fun to watch and he's a stand up guy. Zack and Chris are cool guys to hang with.

Anyways, the Quaife LSD performed very well yesterday. Pushed her on some highway ramps and noticed a huge difference in the car and handling. For launching I noticed a big difference. Even with the track in ****ty shape and with ESP OFF, my 60's were all 1.80's. Normally on a night like last night, 2.0's-2.1's would have been the norm. Nevertheless, still working on tweaking launches with the Quaife.

You just never know who you might meet at the track. A mustang last night ran an 11.66. So I go over and introduce myself and come to find out, Fred knows my mechanic, Dave at Elite Motors and he knows all about my car through Dave. His buddy that was with him last night, Andy, owns a garage down the street from me, right near Elite Motors. I stopped in this AM on my way to work to have a chat. Very cool young kids. Anyways, I now have a mechanic taht can work on my other cars for me. BTW, Fred's Stang is highly modified and is very fast. I will hook up with him this fall to go heads up.....

Well, that's it in a nutshell. DA was between 1500-1200 last night and the track was beat up pretty bad but still got to run the beast and have fun.

So Ahmad and Jay, all of us last night chatted and we are still committed to MIR on November 15th.

Last edited by higginsbeach; 08-14-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2008 | 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
1.8's on a crappy track?

Old 08-14-2008 | 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Hey Alex,

Hope all is well and things are working themselves out in Colorado.......

Just a terrible night at the track. The track was in terrible shape but it didn't stop us from having a great time.

Lee, Zack and Chris was there last night. So we had 3 E55's and 1 E63, a mini 4 car AMG meet. Lee's car is fun to watch and he's a stand up guy. Zack and Chris are cool guys to hang with.

Anyways, the Quaife LSD performed very well yesterday. Pushed her on some highway ramps and noticed a huge difference in the car and handling. For launching I noticed a big difference. Even with the track in ****ty shape and with ESP OFF, my 60's were all 1.80's. Normally on a night like last night, 2.0's-2.1's would have been the norm. Nevertheless, still working on tweaking launches with the Quaife.

You just never know who you might meet at the track. A mustang last night ran an 11.66. So I go over and introduce myself and come to find out, Fred knows my mechanic, Dave at Elite Motors and he knows all about my car through Dave. His buddy that was with him last night, Andy, owns a garage down the street from me, right near Elite Motors. I stopped in this AM on my way to work to have a chat. Very cool young kids. Anyways, I now have a mechanic taht can work on my other cars for me. BTW, Fred's Stang is highly modified and is very fast. I will hook up with him this fall to go heads up.....

Well, that's it in a nutshell. DA was between 1500-1200 last night and the track was beat up pretty bad but still got to run the beast and have fun.

So Ahmad and Jay, all of us last night chatted and we are still committed to MIR on November 15th.

You left out the good stuff.... what were the times and trap speeds?
Old 08-14-2008 | 10:03 PM

S211 AMG
Originally Posted by jcjmw
You left out the good stuff.... what were the times and trap speeds?

No one broke 12 seconds. Poor track prep and air. I trapped a 122 which I was pleased with but couldn't get under 2 seconds on street rubber.

Zak/Rowland -we'll get 'em next time. I'm looking forward to the amg caravan down to MIR.