MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I would do it in a heart beat, as my car is 100% stock except for tires (I have the Michelin PS2). However, I have no access to dynojet anywhere close by and 1/4 mile track is closed for a couple of months But no worries, as long as there is a stock 63 involved in testing, I'm comfortable. I don't really care if it's an E63 or S63 or C63. I appreciate your offer though In the mean time, I'll be un-patiently waiting for videos
Mo , comon man, we could hit the test and tune friday night@ Famoso.. Screw the dyno we have so many passes in your car I think we know what it can and will run at a variety of locales.

Rick please do not forget you still need to line me up prior to MIR. We gotta dial her in , I think you should try my MT streets 26x11.50

Jangy, do not despair bro we all know your a good driverand capable of dispatching much faster rides on the strip. Upon review I did witness you beating a stage 4 E55 and a Z06. Only reason you did not run Mid 11 seconds was WEATHER!! It was 95 degrees at 1250 ft DA was well over 4000 ft

Andy,
stay passionate, take a step back and look at some of the things you are writing, it simply is not professional. I respect the fact you say what you feel, but the thread and your ability to sell products is diminished .

Jim, dam bro cut the guy some slack, not everyone has cheese like you. A trailblazer you are , please , we are all Benz heads and it would be cool if we could be civil to eachother
Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread lacks class from some members
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
this thread lacks class from some members
Agreed!!!

Okay, I'll be first to profess..................I'm over myself..........

I do reserve the right to return to "A-hole" status as soon as I purchase a 2008-2009 MB or if my "member" grows unexpectedly larger than its current 11 inches.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Andy, do you have any experience with the V12 Biturbo ECU/TCU. VRP has a nice tune that I am interested in but the horsepower and torque fall a little short compared to what RENNTech can provide. RENNTech has a great tune and is a very reputable company but I feel it is about $1,500 more then it should be so I passed on it.

Larry
Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rock
Agreed!!!

Okay, I'll be first to profess..................I'm over myself..........

I do reserve the right to return to "A-hole" status as soon as I purchase a 2008-2009 MB or if my "member" grows unexpectedly larger than its current 11 inches.
you cant compete here, im 2 inches

from the ground
Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 AM

GT-R
All this stupid name calling is pretty lame..aren't we all above arguing with each other over the internet? (rhetorical)

Jrcart- You seem to flaunt your car and wealth, but remember there is always some with more cheese and a faster car than you. Even though it may not be Jangy. Your CLK is sick, but if you want the title...take down rflow's record. Then you can represent MBworld.org in the Forumwars race.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:19 AM

CL65
Payment sent. Do I get a bit of a discount now that Andy made $500? Why is is it so hard to believe a person can tune a TCU with the proper equipment and software.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:45 AM

CL65
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jangy
Haha!! Exactly!! That is what I want. Please o please o please!! blackbenz, help lead me to who does this.
Be very cautious with multi-disc lock up converters. I can write a book on them and my experiences with them. Mostly disappointing. That is a product I would NOT test on my car. You will still need a TCU tune that actually reprograms input shaft values to avoid codes and safe mode. If you're not careful here, you will be purchasing a new transmission. PM me if you'd like me to share my experiences with you and guide you in the process a bit. There are some critical elements.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by france2112
VRP has a nice tune that I am interested in but the horsepower and torque fall a little short compared to what RENNTech can provide.
Larry
Don't be so sure you're comparing apples to apples here. Our cars a experience a significant fluctuation is horsepower due to intake air temp and octane. In order to determine which tune produces more power, you would have to test on the same car in the same conditions. I know Vadim's tests are done with 91 octane and in real world conditions. Do you know if the Renntech car was running 91 octane with a stock IC pump?
Old 09-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
Payment sent. Do I get a bit of a discount now that Andy made $500? Why is is it so hard to believe a person can tune a TCU with the proper equipment and software.

Oh damn, I didn't mean you. He should split it with you. I assumed marco not you.

Nobody denies that a person can tune the TCU. Don't get ahead of yourself, MANY of us want TCU mods and have talked about them for a bit ESPECIALLY recently. Wouldn't that imply that we "believe"? Aside from the personal stuff, we kind of like to see pudding around here. Not only because we are **** with the tunes, but also because we are used to sponsors that post the development and data.

Who's TCU and or ECU is getting sent first?
Old 09-07-2008, 02:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Be very cautious with multi-disc lock up converters. I can write a book on them and my experiences with them. Mostly disappointing. That is a product I would NOT test on my car. You will still need a TCU tune that actually reprograms input shaft values to avoid codes and safe mode. If you're not careful here, you will be purchasing a new transmission. PM me if you'd like me to share my experiences with you and guide you in the process a bit. There are some critical elements.
I want a TCU mod for sure, but are you saying NOT to do the discs? I was kind of assuming I'd be buing a re-built tranny (or upgrade) at some stage and I've always assumed it would be the TC to go. Dunno why, just what I gathered. I'll PM for more. I've never been into re-inventing the wheel, so thanks.

BTW, DAMN!!! On the Supra!! Where you live?
Old 09-07-2008, 03:02 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Haven't received $500 from jangy...Imagine that.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Andy, do you have any experience with the V12 Biturbo ECU/TCU. VRP has a nice tune that I am interested in but the horsepower and torque fall a little short compared to what RENNTech can provide. RENNTech has a great tune and is a very reputable company but I feel it is about $1,500 more then it should be so I passed on it.

Larry
Larry,
Please feel free to PM me. I'm confident that we can control far more variables than anyone in the tuning game, with regard to both ECU and TCU. No question Renntech charges way too much for what they offer. Why pay more for less performance?

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Almost a Member!

1997 SL500
Originally Posted by MHP
Eddie and Bill at Paramount/SHR are doing great things with our trannys. I would highly recommend them and their products. You're in good hands.
Andy...thanks for the Kudos!
Guys, Eddie (Southern Hot Rod) and I respect what Andy is doing and really feel his company is the only game in town for the TCM & PCM.
Knowing Andy's enthusiasm, he will of course not stop with the proven spacers, but will continue to design and manufacture components that work.
Bill
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Almost a Member!

1997 SL500
Originally Posted by MHP
Larry,
Please feel free to PM me. I'm confident that we can control far more variables than anyone in the tuning game, with regard to both ECU and TCU. No question Renntech charges way too much for what they offer. Why pay more for less performance?

Thanks
Andy
BTW Andy...with the Renntech comments I'm betting that you will hear from them just as I did when I posted about the POS NAG1 I bought from them.
Bill
Old 09-07-2008, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by MHP
I've had my TCU in and out for over 7 revisions in the past 3 weeks as we nailed down the final calibrations. Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed in any way shape or form.
So, now you have it perfected and can just ship out a mule that will be perfect the first time?? Sounds like trial and error, ha! Stop looking at my wife's ****.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by juicee63
Jim, dam bro cut the guy some slack, not everyone has cheese like you. A trailblazer you are , please , we are all Benz heads and it would be cool if we could be civil to eachother
Go back to post #191 in this thread and take a look at Jangy throwing the first punch. I never said one even slightly negative thing at or towards him previous to that. I'm not going to back down from a little weasel f_ck like Jangy. It has nothing to do with cheese, and everything to do with his big mouth and no facts to back it up. He can't even tell me what times he runs. Is sits there and type vague statements that can't be proven. He should run for political office or something because he is an expert at skirting the truth and the facts. He's nothing but a fat a_s keyboard jockey that hides behind his computer like the resident MB World know-it-all!

Jangy, you claim you are not a drag racer yet your crappy sig photo shows you at the starting line at a drag strip as well as several OP on this thread claiming to see you at various drag strips.

You have yet to answer how fast your POS has gone at the strip???

It's ok Jangy, I know you have a slow car, yet in your own mind it is the greatest car in the world. "NOTHING CAN BEAT THE ALL MIGHT 55 POWER PLANT!"

What a joke! Just like you, Just like your car, Just like your sorry a_s life!

Last edited by jrcart; 09-07-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by BuilderBill
BTW Andy...with the Renntech comments I'm betting that you will hear from them just as I did when I posted about the POS NAG1 I bought from them.
Bill
Renntech has never contacted me, I knock their stuff all the time, maybe it's because they know that everything I have posted up about them is factual! I even laid down an open invite for a head to head shootout with their Renntech tuned Black Series vs my Evosport tuned Black Series. I wonder why they or the owner of the Black Series never responded? It might have something to do with them not wanting to bring an overpriced knife to a gun fight.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Don't be so sure you're comparing apples to apples here. Our cars a experience a significant fluctuation is horsepower due to intake air temp and octane. In order to determine which tune produces more power, you would have to test on the same car in the same conditions. I know Vadim's tests are done with 91 octane and in real world conditions. Do you know if the Renntech car was running 91 octane with a stock IC pump?
Yes, I appreciate the advice. I'm sure the car that I know pushing 600rwhp had a RENNtech ECU/TCU tune, RENNtech air intake, no cooling upgrade, and was using 93 octane. I assume the 93 octane is good for a few more ponies. The VRP was showing about 560rwhp. I know Vic55 used the VRP (powerchip) tune on his CL65 and had a good experience with it. Vic55 is a board moderator and a real stand up guy whose opinion I really trust. So the VRP tune looks to be what I'm leaning toward but I have to admit Andy has sparked my curiosity.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Banned

lesson learned? money dosnt buy class
Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 AM

Ford 4x4, daily
a spec built dohc 5.4 can make 597rwhp n/a but a spec built dohc 6.2 will not make 575rwhp n/a?

am i the only one that is confused by this?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:45 AM

CL65
Yes, I appreciate the advice. I'm sure the car that I know pushing 600rwhp had a RENNtech ECU/TCU tune, RENNtech air intake, no cooling upgrade, and was using 93 octane. I assume the 93 octane is good for a few more ponies. The VRP was showing about 560rwhp. I know Vic55 used the VRP (powerchip) tune on his CL65 and had a good experience with it. Vic55 is a board moderator and a real stand up guy whose opinion I really trust. So the VRP tune looks to be what I'm leaning toward but I have to admit Andy has sparked my curiosity.
The airbox is worth about 25 HP, mostly towards the top of the RPM range. The TCU addresses torque management which possibly unleashes quite a few ponies. 2 Octane points is about 2 degrees of timing which is roughly 20 HP conservatively. Ice it down on the dyno and you'll get 25 HP more at least.

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 09-07-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Go back to post #191 in this thread and take a look at Jangy throwing the first punch. I never said one even slightly negative thing at or towards him previous to that. I'm not going to back down from a little weasel f_ck like Jangy. It has nothing to do with cheese, and everything to do with his big mouth and no facts to back it up. He can't even tell me what times he runs. Is sits there and type vague statements that can't be proven. He should run for political office or something because he is an expert at skirting the truth and the facts. He's nothing but a fat a_s keyboard jockey that hides behind his computer like the resident MB World know-it-all!

Jangy, you claim you are not a drag racer yet your crappy sig photo shows you at the starting line at a drag strip as well as several OP on this thread claiming to see you at various drag strips.

You have yet to answer how fast your POS has gone at the strip???

It's ok Jangy, I know you have a slow car, yet in your own mind it is the greatest car in the world. "NOTHING CAN BEAT THE ALL MIGHT 55 POWER PLANT!"

What a joke! Just like you, Just like your car, Just like your sorry a_s life!
WOW I am left speachless I never thought I would ever read SUCH TRASH like this in a forum with such CLASS. Someone here has a very bad anger issue. I thought only someone you really cared about could get into your head this bad You have so much incommon with Jangy and that I do not mean in a bad way. You guys are modaholics and take your cars SO seriously that it makes you INSANE.. But I must addmit it is entertaining
Old 09-07-2008, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
lesson learned? money dosnt buy class
Well said.

Jim, everyone respects your car, but how many respect you? Here's the thing: Any monkey that has enough money can build a one off purpose built car. You have the fastest 63, but it's also by far the most expensive. Big deal. You say you can drive your car to a nice restaurant, but your lady has to sit in silly seats with a rollcage in the back. I'm pretty certain that 98% of women would choose my car to ride in and be seen in, and it costs less than a 1/4 of what your car has in it.

I love the fact that someone is pushing the envelope. I hope you end up having the fastest, quickest, baddest 1/4 mile and road race benz on the planet. You talk about the 63, but you could do the same with any benz with enough $$$$$. You're currently not even as fast a Renntech S class! Sad.

Frankly, with the money you've put into that car there are 50 other cars I would rather drive than a C class benz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators