Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:37 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Exclamation MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators

AMG 63 Thermal Intake Gaskets (Thermalnators) are made in Germany specifically for us. Average testing has shown a 25F degree drop and up to 85F degrees in some applications. You can literally fry an egg on top of a 6.1 Hemi manifold with stock gaskets after a 20 mile drive, with Thermalnators you can actually place your hand on the intake. These are the same gaskets that also handle 40psi of boost on SRT4 applications--those are 9 second "skittles".
Best of all it's only .020" thicker than your OEM gasket unlike phenolic spacers which introduce a dog leg in flow just prior to the intake ports--the worst possible placement for such a disturbance.
Introductory price is $229.00 per set + $10.00 S/H in the lower 48. Please PM or email sales@modernhorsepower.com for AK, HI, and out of country shipping options.

Thanks
Andy
andrew@modernhorsepower.com
614 940 9523
Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
If you don't mind sharing what are these made of? If a material was able to match the performance of phelonic material without the thickness I think many would be interested. I'm curious. If these are as good as your saying you may want to cut a set for the M113 V8 which would cover alot of models here.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP

AMG 63 Thermal Intake Gaskets (Thermalnators) are made in Germany specifically for us. Average testing has shown a 25F degree drop and up to 85F degrees in some applications. You can literally fry an egg on top of a 6.1 Hemi manifold with stock gaskets after a 20 mile drive, with Thermalnators you can actually place your hand on the intake. These are the same gaskets that also handle 40psi of boost on SRT4 applications--those are 9 second "skittles".
Best of all it's only .020" thicker than your OEM gasket unlike phenolic spacers which introduce a dog leg in flow just prior to the intake ports--the worst possible placement for such a disturbance.
Introductory price is $229.00 per set + $10.00 S/H in the lower 48. Please PM or email sales@modernhorsepower.com for AK, HI, and out of country shipping options.

Thanks
Andy
andrew@modernhorsepower.com
614 940 9523
Andy, I'm still not really clear on the difference between this and the phenolic spacers. They seem to be doing the same thing and causing the same drop in temp
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
If you don't mind sharing what are these made of? If a material was able to match the performance of phelonic material without the thickness I think many would be interested. I'm curious. If these are as good as your saying you may want to cut a set for the M113 V8 which would cover alot of models here.
We actually did a back to back test on the same 6.1 using a laser thermometer and comparing a "regular" 1/2" thick phenolic gasket compared to a Thermalnator. The Thermalnators not only produced lower temps but again did not introduce a dogleg in the path of the intake port disturbing airflow.
Additionally Thermalnators do not leak like phenolics.

The 5.4/3V V8s are next up.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Andy, I'm still not really clear on the difference between this and the phenolic spacers. They seem to be doing the same thing and causing the same drop in temp

Yes sir, they function in exactly the same manner, preventing heat from the bottom end from reaching the intake manifold. The differences are Thermalnators don't have the downside of being 1/2" thick and don't leak.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Sign me up...I'm gonna give them a try!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
downside of being 1/2" thick and don't leak.
I disagree. Phenolics do not have to be 1/2'', they can be as thin as 0.130'' and if properly installed, they do not leak. Also if properly designed they do not introduce a dog leg into the air flow. I have designed and used them on many, many cars without any problems over the past 20 years.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
The 5.4/3V V8s are next up.
Please do.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
I disagree. Phenolics do not have to be 1/2'', they can be as thin as 0.130'' and if properly installed, they do not leak. Also if properly designed they do not introduce a dog leg into the air flow. I have designed and used them on many, many cars without any problems over the past 20 years.
The vast majority of phenolic spacers are right at 1/2" thick and most if not all eventually leak due to the materials used. You can state your opinion all day long, but I simply don't agree based on my personal experience--and if you want to talk tech pick a topic reg. the IC engine and let's see who really knows what. If you want more opinions simply browse the tech boards for any make of car around.
I also see that you carry your own phenolics and they are severely overpriced. I guess I should've expected a post like this from you.
For future reference (because we're going to be bringing out a LOT of new products that perform in the next 2 weeks and beyond) please refrain from posting in my threads, and I'll pay you the same courtesy.
BTW, how did you make the jump from catering to Ford Tauri (SHO Shop) to Mercedes/AMGs?

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
Please do.
Gaskets are already ordered.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
The vast majority of phenolic spacers are right at 1/2" thick and most if not all eventually leak due to the materials used. You can state your opinion all day long, but I simply don't agree based on my personal experience--and if you want to talk tech pick a topic reg. the IC engine and let's see who really knows what. If you want more opinions simply browse the tech boards for any make of car around.
I also see that you carry your own phenolics and they are severely overpriced. I guess I should've expected a post like this from you.
I am simply disagreeing with your opinion. My personal experience is different from yours. Opinions are not facts. And yes it goes both ways.

For future reference (because we're going to be bringing out a LOT of new products that perform in the next 2 weeks and beyond) please refrain from posting in my threads, and I'll pay you the same courtesy.
You got a deal. One condition, please refrain from taking pot shots at other tuners, including us -you are a newbie here and so far without any soild proof of your claims.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I am simply disagreeing with your opinion. My personal experience is different from yours. Opinions are not facts. And yes it goes both ways.
I have factual evidence in the form of dozens of customers that have switched from leaking phenolics to our Thermalnators. You simply can't beat objective third party testing.

You got a deal. One condition, please refrain from taking pot shots at other tuners, including us -you are a newbie here and so far without any soild proof of your claims.
Stay glued to your monitor Vadim, you wouldn't believe how many horses we found in the TCU (not ECU) alone. Surf the net and you'll see that we're hardly new and that we NEVER disappoint. Finally, I don't see what you're saying regarding me taking pot shots at other vendors. IMO it's plain irresponsible to cut ECU tunes without any A/F data (as one major vendor does), or to charge as much for certain parts as others do. Last I checked, I could post my opinion on such topics as long as you or another vendor doesn't start the thread.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 09-03-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Andy,

Just re-read what you have posted.

I wish you best of luck my friend.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
godamn, tuners are so hostile sometimes. One reason why I don't plan on modding my E55 for power b/c of all the BS people throw at each other. So much misinformation, you don't know who to believe in the end.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221

such hostility...

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 09-03-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by The Godfather
godamn, tuners are so hostile sometimes. One reason why I don't plan on modding my E55 for power b/c of all the BS people throw at each other. So much misinformation, you don't know who to believe in the end.
Well see how long you stay "stock"...
Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi

I will reserve any judgement until products are released and tested...
I purchased a set today, I will be more than happy to give unbiased feedback upon arrival and testing.

Anyone that knows me knows that if there is a part available for the 63 it is on my car. They also know I don't have a problem speaking my mind. If the product is good and performs as promised I will say so, if they suck, I will take them off my car and let everyone know about it.

Stay tuned..................
Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by MHP
BTW, how did you make the jump from catering to Ford Tauri (SHO Shop) to Mercedes/AMGs?

Thanks
Andy

Damn, friend! You trying to start a war? Vadim was just posting his opinion and you bust out on his 1. spacers 2. pricing 3. tuning experience 4. past experience? I have never done business with Vadim or you, but as a casual poster/observer, your response to his opinion seemed disproportionate. You make a big claim that effectively tells people that your stuff is way better than his stuff, he says " I disagree" and then you throw down? I am not friends with Vadim, have asked his opinion in maybe one or two posts, but he seems like a decent guy trying to help out and at the same time ply his wares to the MB community. By getting defensive, it looks like you are the aggressor in this scenario. It makes me wonder what the customer service is like if something goes awry - are you that aggressive with an errant customer?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MHP
I have factual evidence in the form of dozens of customers that have switched from leaking phenolics to our Thermalnators. You simply can't beat objective third party testing.

Stay glued to your monitor Vadim, you wouldn't believe how many horses we found in the TCU (not ECU) alone. Surf the net and you'll see that we're hardly new and that we NEVER disappoint. Finally, I don't see what you're saying regarding me taking pot shots at other vendors. IMO it's plain irresponsible to cut ECU tunes without any A/F data (as one major vendor does), or to charge as much for certain parts as others do. Last I checked, I could post my opinion on such topics as long as you or another vendor doesn't start the thread.

Thanks
Andy
He was referring to your weak attempt at a put down using the "Ford Tauri (SHO Shop) to Mercedes/AMGs? " At least he's moved away from American cars...Quite funny considering in your first post you reference your knowledge and application of this product on the Hemi 6.1 and SRT4 as if that's supposed to impress us....

You are a noob around here and from this thread alone with your know it all attitude I for one will never give you my business. Vadim and VRP are well respected tuners who have proven their tech savy around here, unlike yourself.
Well played.

Last edited by LZH; 09-03-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:59 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by jrcart
I purchased a set today, I will be more than happy to give unbiased feedback upon arrival and testing.

Anyone that knows me knows that if there is a part available for the 63 it is on my car. They also know I don't have a problem speaking my mind. If the product is good and performs as promised I will say so, if they suck, I will take them off my car and let everyone know about it.

Good deal Jim - You might also want to get a set of VRP's phenolic spacers like the ones I have on my Black Series and do a side by side comparison. I didn't measure my spacers from VRP, but they are probably no more than .125" thick....much less than what was suggested by MHP. I did however measure before and after pyrometer reading and the temps dropped with the spacers by as much as 30 degrees.

http://vrptuning.com/cart/index.php?...products_id=19

Last edited by LZH; 09-03-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Objective third party testing brother. You just can't beat it.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Andy,

Just re-read what you have posted.
I did and see nothing wrong with it.

I wish you best of luck my friend.
Thanks, you too
Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart

Jim,
We're definitely looking forward to your opinion!

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
He was referring to your weak attempt at a put down using the "Ford Tauri (SHO Shop) to Mercedes/AMGs? " At least he's moved away from American cars...Quite funny considering in your first post you reference your knowledge and application of this product on the Hemi 6.1 and SRT4 as if that's supposed to impress us...
There are 10 second 6.1 Hemi's, and 8 second SRT4s. What's anyone ever done with a SHO besides bolt-on a Vortech or some spray?
We modify/tune SRTs, Ford GTs/GT500s, Bentleys, VWs, Mini's, Vette's, Vipers and more.

You are a noob around here and from this thread alone with your know it all attitude I for one will never give you my business. Vadim and VRP are well respected tuners who have proven their tech savy around here, unlike yourself.
Well played.
I'm new to this board, but what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that I have equal or less knowledge than the other tuners on here? Sorry but I disagree. As for others being tech savvy, well, how many other shops tune both Chryco and MB ECUs and TCUs, have made 550rw N/A (597rw with a carb) with a Ford 5.4/4v, and 440rw N/A with a 4.6/4v, and 350hp from 1.5L of N/A SOHC 2v, and 1700rw with twins on a Ford GT, rebuilt Cosworth DFX V8s, can cast or fabricate from sheetmetal custom intake manifolds, design and fabricate complete custom exhausts, etc etc etc? Don't worry, those are rhetorical questions.
There's an *** for every seat brother, and if you're happy doing business with VRP so be it. That being said, don't expect someone with more practical experience and knowledge in the business to take a back seat when the rubber meets the road. In the end the numbers will decide who has superior products, as such I'm hardly worried.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Good deal Jim - You might also want to get a set of VRP's phenolic spacers like the ones I have on my Black Series and do a side by side comparison. I didn't measure my spacers from VRP, but they are probably no more than .125" thick....much less than what was suggested by MHP. I did however measure before and after pyrometer reading and the temps dropped with the spacers by as much as 30 degrees.

http://vrptuning.com/cart/index.php?...products_id=19
I never said VRPs phenolics are .5" thick, I said most phenolics. Please reread if you're unsure.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators