Sponsored by:

MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MHP
Objective third party testing brother. You just can't beat it.
I assume the third party testing you mention refers to your previous statement below ?

Originally Posted by MHP
I have factual evidence in the form of dozens of customers that have switched from leaking phenolics to our Thermalnators. You simply can't beat objective third party testing.
LOL - yeah, very scientific data you have there....customer feedback is what you call "third party testing" ???? Gimme a break man and quit blowing semantic smoke up our collective asses. If you want to impress me/us, post up every one of those "third party tests" and show us the exact temp drops measured with a pyrometer and not some generalized BS statement like "objective third party testing".
Old 09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Pardon my language MHP, but you come across as a real douche bag. Vadim has tuned more AMG's in his lifetime than you ever have and has been tuning these cars for quite some time now. The company was specifically built around AMG tuning my friend.

Also, if you want to get along with others here, don't start off by making enemies since you are still a n00b to all of us here.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Zax63
Damn, friend! You trying to start a war? Vadim was just posting his opinion and you bust out on his 1. spacers 2. pricing 3. tuning experience 4. past experience? I have never done business with Vadim or you, but as a casual poster/observer, your response to his opinion seemed disproportionate. You make a big claim that effectively tells people that your stuff is way better than his stuff, he says " I disagree" and then you throw down? I am not friends with Vadim, have asked his opinion in maybe one or two posts, but he seems like a decent guy trying to help out and at the same time ply his wares to the MB community. By getting defensive, it looks like you are the aggressor in this scenario. It makes me wonder what the customer service is like if something goes awry - are you that aggressive with an errant customer?
If you took a poll I would bet dollars to donuts that my customers would rate MHP higher than any other shop/tuner in their respective market when it comes to customer service. Customers come first, and I've never disappointed one--just try and find a bad review anywhere on the net, there simply aren't any.
On the other hand I don't play well with some other tuners--mainly because they're full of misinformation or one of the other reasons listed above. If you have a claim to make do it in your own thread, not mine. It's a simple request and I'm sure everyone can get along by following it. Also take note that nowhere did I cite VRPs phenolic spacers for the sake of comparison, which would technically make Vadim the "aggressor" in this scenario.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Pardon my language MHP, but you come across as a real douche bag. Vadim has tuned more AMG's in his lifetime than you ever have and has been tuning these cars for quite some time now. The company was specifically built around AMG tuning my friend.

Also, if you want to get along with others here, don't start off by making enemies since you are still a n00b to all of us here.
OT - you've got a lot of f ing cars. Props. And what you said up there. Z
Old 09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
If you took a poll I would bet dollars to donuts that my customers would rate MHP higher than any other shop/tuner in their respective market when it comes to customer service. Customers come first, and I've never disappointed one--just try and find a bad review anywhere on the net, there simply aren't any.
On the other hand I don't play well with some other tuners--mainly because they're full of misinformation or one of the other reasons listed above. If you have a claim to make do it in your own thread, not mine. It's a simple request and I'm sure everyone can get along by following it. Also take note that nowhere did I cite VRPs phenolic spacers for the sake of comparison, which would technically make Vadim the "aggressor" in this scenario.

Thanks
Andy
Vadim just stated his opinion and you attacked him. To me you seem to be the aggressor. Do you have any credible information about your tuning of AMG's and a proven track record? Have you taken great risks ask the VRP1000 build? Not from what I can see pal.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MHP
There are 10 second 6.1 Hemi's, and 8 second SRT4s. What's anyone ever done with a SHO besides bolt-on a Vortech or some spray?
We modify/tune SRTs, Ford GTs/GT500s, Bentleys, VWs, Mini's, Vette's, Vipers and more.

I'm new to this board, but what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that I have equal or less knowledge than the other tuners on here? Sorry but I disagree. As for others being tech savvy, well, how many other shops tune both Chryco and MB ECUs and TCUs, have made 550rw N/A (597rw with a carb) with a Ford 5.4/4v, and 440rw N/A with a 4.6/4v, and 350hp from 1.5L of N/A SOHC 2v, and 1700rw with twins on a Ford GT, rebuilt Cosworth DFX V8s, can cast or fabricate from sheetmetal custom intake manifolds, design and fabricate complete custom exhausts, etc etc etc? Don't worry, those are rhetorical questions.
There's an *** for every seat brother, and if you're happy doing business with VRP so be it. That being said, don't expect someone with more practical experience and knowledge in the business to take a back seat when the rubber meets the road. In the end the numbers will decide who has superior products, as such I'm hardly worried.

Thanks
As I said, your "know it all" attitude is the problem, pal. There is nothing wrong with competition. However, in your case, you are new here and have quicky made reference to "other" products that leak and again, made generalized statements without backing it up. And further, you proceed to put down a well respected member here. Sure, you may have knowledge, but you have neither gained nor earned the repect of other members by your words today. I don't care how good you think your product is, your attitude sux and I wouldn't do business with you if you gave me your product for free.
For the record, I have been using the VRP spacers for a year now and they do not leak.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
OT - you've got a lot of f ing cars. Props. And what you said up there. Z
Thanks Zax. Where are you located? Gotta work hard to play hard.

I might be getting a nice surprise towards the end of January as well.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
I assume the third party testing you mention refers to your previous statement below ?

LOL - yeah, very scientific data you have there....customer feedback is what you call "third party testing" ???? Gimme a break man and quit blowing semantic smoke up our collective asses. If you want to impress me/us, post up every one of those "third party tests" and show us the exact temp drops measured with a pyrometer and not some generalized BS statement like "objective third party testing".
For the record I define third party testing as a customer who pays full price for a product then gives a review on it's performance with both objective and subjective data. They simply have no reason to lie.
When you have literally sold over 100 sets of thermal intake spacers to customers that had previously been using phenolics that have leaked, and hear nothing but praise for your replacements, well, what else is there to say...
Just like in any other business, if a product sucks or fails, someone's going to hear about it. Marketing a faulty product or one that doesn't deliver is a good way to put yourself out of business.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Do you even know what AMG tuning entails?

Thanks for the reco.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
For the record I define third party testing as a customer who pays full price for a product then gives a review on it's performance with both objective and subjective data. They simply have no reason to lie.
When you have literally sold over 100 sets of thermal intake spacers to customers that had previously been using phenolics that have leaked, and hear nothing but praise for your replacements, well, what else is there to say...
Just like in any other business, if a product sucks or fails, someone's going to hear about it. Marketing a faulty product or one that doesn't deliver is a good way to put yourself out of business.
Post some data along with your proucts ***. Need cold hard facts to backup your claims. I can go and claim all my hotels are industry leading hotels, but without NUMBERS my claims mean ****.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by MHP
If you have a claim to make do it in your own thread, not mine. It's a simple request and I'm sure everyone can get along by following it. Also take note that nowhere did I cite VRPs phenolic spacers for the sake of comparison, which would technically make Vadim the "aggressor" in this scenario.

Thanks
Andy
Andy - you came here with a competing product to the phenolic hear spacer. Oh, I'm sorry.....are there 45 other tuners on this board that sell the phenolic spacers ???? No, there are not. VRP is the only one I know of and the first to develop it. So, not only are you late to the game with this product offering here....you clearly, in a veiled manner, stated that "other phenolic spacers leak"....Did you really expect VRP not to rebut your statement that was clearly aimed at them ??? You must really think we're stupid here....
And as far as your third party testing, or, customer feedback....tell us, what EXACTLY did your customers say ??? That they didn't leak ? That they used a pyrometer and got an 80 degree temp drop ?? That the seat of the pants hp was WAY UP ???? Nevermind.....those were rhetorical questions, too.

Last edited by LZH; 09-03-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Vadim just stated his opinion and you attacked him. To me you seem to be the aggressor. Do you have any credible information about your tuning of AMG's and a proven track record? Have you taken great risks ask the VRP1000 build? Not from what I can see pal.
VRP1000? What is that 1000 crank HP? LOL. How about Mike Bell's 3500hp blown alcohol funny car engine? Joe's Stage 6 twin turbo GT (1700rw)? I can't count the number of 1000hp flywheel builds we've done with 4.6s alone.
The bottom line is I don't really care what Vadim's opinion is/was on the matter. I never asked him for one and I don't mingle in his threads.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Post some data along with your proucts ***. Need cold hard facts to backup your claims. I can go and claim all my hotels are industry leading hotels, but without NUMBERS my claims mean ****.
Like I said, keep watching the forums. We have enough objective testers to erase even a shadow of doubt from the most suspicious and brainwashed minds.
Oh and btw, the name calling hurts oh so much...
Old 09-03-2008, 10:48 PM

2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by MHP

Thanks
Andy
I've seen Vadim posting Phenolic spacers, and have not seen many others doing so. So therefore it seemed to me that you were making a blanket comment on said spacers. Since Vadim sells them and has actively posted them here, It seems only fair that he address the statement "phenolic spacers are half an inch thick and create a dogleg in the intake" if his do not do this. I assumed from your post (having never looked into phenolic spacers for my e63) that Vadims Phenolics were half an inch thick, leaked, and created a dogleg in the intake based on your statements. Yeah, yeah, I know what they say about assuming. But then you call his stuff outrageously overpriced, and then you reference "some tuners overprice their parts" which also seems to refer to Vadim. It seemed reasonable for Vadim to defend his products because it kinda looked like you were throwing down on them. If he said that his stuff was way better than your stuff because TCU tunes demolished transmissions and shortened their effective life, I would expect you would post a retort "maybe some do, but mine don't", and I think everyone here would expect you to. Guys, I'm east coast, I'm tired, I'm going to bed - big meeting tomorrow. Could someone help me out here and take this over? Juicee, Rock, anyone? Bueller? Not that you are doing a bad job, MB Fanatic. Interested in the January acquisition! My location - NY born and bred, Boston for 10 yrs, now about an hour north of Boston in NH. Z

Last edited by Zax63; 09-03-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Don't worry Z. Just wait for Jangy, Juice and all the others to come back after dinner time.

I too am off to a meeting right now. Late
Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
LZH
Banned

I've seen Vadim posting Phenolic spacers, and have not seen many others doing so. So therefore it seemed to me that you were making a blanket comment on said spacers. Since Vadim sells them and has actively posted them here, It seems only fair that he address the statement "phenolic spacers are half an inch thick and create a dogleg in the intake" if his do not do this. I assumed from your post (having never looked into phenolic spacers for my e63) that Vadims Phenolics were half an inch thick, leaked, and created a dogleg in the intake based on your statements. Yeah, yeah, I know what they say about assuming. But then you call his stuff outrageously overpriced, and then you reference "some tuners overprice their parts" which also seems to refer to Vadim. It seemed reasonable for Vadim to defend his products because it kinda looked like you were throwing down on them. If he said that his stuff was way better than your stuff because TCU tunes demolished transmissions and shortened their effective life, I would expect you would post a retort "maybe some do, but mine don't", and I think everyone here would expect you to. Guys, I'm east coast, I'm tired, I'm going to bed - big meeting tomorrow. Could someone help me out here and take this over? Juicee, Rock, anyone? Bueller? Z
I'm pretty sure I said the same thing in a different way:

Originally Posted by LZH
Andy - you came here with a competing product to the phenolic hear spacer. Oh, I'm sorry.....are there 45 other tuners on this board that sell the phenolic spacers ???? No, there are not. VRP is the only one I know of and the first to develop it. So, not only are you late to the game with this product offering here....you clearly, in a veiled manner, stated that "other phenolic spacers leak"....Did you really expect VRP not to rebut your statement that was clearly aimed at them ??? You must really think we're stupid here....
And as far as your third party testing, or, customer feedback....tell us, what EXACTLY did your customers say ??? That they didn't leak ? That they used a pyrometer and got an 80 degree temp drop ?? That the seat of the pants hp was WAY UP ???? Nevermind.....those were rhetorical questions, too.

But, it really doesn't matter as Andy continues to dig his hole even deeper in the search for credibility.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Andy - you came here with a competing product to the phenolic hear spacer. Oh, I'm sorry.....are there 45 other tuners on this board that sell the phenolic spacers ???? No, there are not. VRP is the only one I know of and the first to develop it. So, not only are you late to the game with this product offering here....you clearly, in a veiled manner, stated that "other phenolic spacers leak"....Did you really expect VRP not to rebut your statement that was clearly aimed at them ??? You must really thin we're stupid here....
If I'm the second shop to bring out a thermal spacer, but the first with the material, thickness and design we use, that makes me late to the game? Not sure I agree, but since you bring it up using your logic VRP wouldn't even get to read the score in the Monday paper with their TCU tuning. Let alone the rest of what we have coming: Ported intake manifolds, custom intake manifolds, ported cylinder heads with billet custom spec'd cams, longtube headers, etc.
Just so you know, I have absolutely no idea who in the hell makes what for these cars. I could really care less. Why? Because we already have a game plan for the 6.2s and it has NOTHING to do with anyone else's path. We do not follow, we blaze our own trail, always have which is why we stand behind everything we sell.
Finally, I absolutely stated that most phenolics will leak over time, also that most phenolics are .5" thick. Are VRPs .5" thick? No Do they leak? I don't know. Well maybe, just maybe, they can be included in the minority of thermal spacers that work...The point is I never said otherwise and never specifically targeted VRP. I find it extremely comical that so many of his cronies have jumped on my back about such a relatively small item.
Flame away...
Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I've seen Vadim posting Phenolic spacers, and have not seen many others doing so. So therefore it seemed to me that you were making a blanket comment on said spacers. Since Vadim sells them and has actively posted them here, It seems only fair that he address the statement "phenolic spacers are half an inch thick and create a dogleg in the intake" if his do not do this. I assumed from your post (having never looked into phenolic spacers for my e63) that Vadims Phenolics were half an inch thick, leaked, and created a dogleg in the intake based on your statements. Yeah, yeah, I know what they say about assuming. But then you call his stuff outrageously overpriced, and then you reference "some tuners overprice their parts" which also seems to refer to Vadim. It seemed reasonable for Vadim to defend his products because it kinda looked like you were throwing down on them. If he said that his stuff was way better than your stuff because TCU tunes demolished transmissions and shortened their effective life, I would expect you would post a retort "maybe some do, but mine don't", and I think everyone here would expect you to.
To start I've never called VRPs tuning overpriced, hell I don't even know what they charge for ECU tuning. I have definitely called Renntech's ECU tuning overpriced, because it is. My issue with Kleeman is that they don't even have any A/F data for their tunes, that's not just irresponsible it's actually dangerous. Can you see what I'm getting at? Do my responses seem more reasonable to you now?
Like I said before, I don't know who else makes phenolics for the 6.2s, and it was never my intent to specifically target any other existing brand.

Guys, I'm east coast, I'm tired, I'm going to bed - big meeting tomorrow. Could someone help me out here and take this over? Juicee, Rock, anyone? Bueller? Not that you are doing a bad job, MB Fanatic. Interested in the January acquisition! My location - NY born and bred, Boston for 10 yrs, now about an hour north of Boston in NH. Z
Amazing how a thread about thermal intake spacers can digress into beating a dead horse, then throwing it over a cliff and running it over with a train. With each additional post my motivation for kicking out parts that deliver increases, I should be thanking you guys. There's nothing I like more than proving naysayers wrong.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
But, it really doesn't matter as Andy continues to dig his hole even deeper in the search for credibility.
Actually I have nothing to prove to you as you've already stated you're a die hard VRP customer. Feel free to sit back and watch as we deliver products and numbers that raise the bar for everyone.

Have a good night LZH.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by MHP
If I'm the second shop to bring out a thermal spacer, but the first with the material, thickness and design we use, that makes me late to the game? Not sure I agree, but since you bring it up using your logic VRP wouldn't even get to read the score in the Monday paper with their TCU tuning. Let alone the rest of what we have coming: Ported intake manifolds, custom intake manifolds, ported cylinder heads with billet custom spec'd cams, longtube headers, etc.
Just so you know, I have absolutely no idea who in the hell makes what for these cars. I could really care less. Why? Because we already have a game plan for the 6.2s and it has NOTHING to do with anyone else's path. We do not follow, we blaze our own trail, always have which is why we stand behind everything we sell.
Finally, I absolutely stated that most phenolics will leak over time, also that most phenolics are .5" thick. Are VRPs .5" thick? No Do they leak? I don't know. Well maybe, just maybe, they can be included in the minority of thermal spacers that work...The point is I never said otherwise and never specifically targeted VRP. I find it extremely comical that so many of his cronies have jumped on my back about such a relatively small item.
Flame away...
I know I said I'm going to bed, and I don't want to be the "last word guy", but let the record state I am no way one of Vadim's cronies. If your stuff is good, you will sell it here. If your stuff is good but you act like a jerk, I assume you will sell less of it. Since my guess is you want to sell more of it, I would take the high road, dyno your stuff, and sell so much of your performance mojo you won't even be able to balance your checkbook because money will be coming in so fast. There is plenty of room for anyone who makes MB's faster, but this group seems to demolish guys with attitude. Except for JRCart. He has attitude but his car is stinking fast so no one has destroyed him. In fact, I suspect half the guys coming to MIR are coming to watch him run, and the other half are coming to beat him. But I digress... Don't say I didn't warn you! Ok, I'll wait up five more minutes for you to respond, and then I'll go to bed, just to be fair. Z
Old 09-03-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by MHP
The vast majority of phenolic spacers are right at 1/2" thick and most if not all eventually leak due to the materials used. You can state your opinion all day long, but I simply don't agree based on my personal experience--and if you want to talk tech pick a topic reg. the IC engine and let's see who really knows what. If you want more opinions simply browse the tech boards for any make of car around.
I also see that you carry your own phenolics and they are severely overpriced. I guess I should've expected a post like this from you.
For future reference (because we're going to be bringing out a LOT of new products that perform in the next 2 weeks and beyond) please refrain from posting in my threads, and I'll pay you the same courtesy.
BTW, how did you make the jump from catering to Ford Tauri (SHO Shop) to Mercedes/AMGs?

Thanks
Andy

Here was where you said that "Your own phenolics...are severely overpriced". I thought you said that. Oh, you said you never called his Tune overpriced. Right. Z

Last edited by Zax63; 09-03-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I know I said I'm going to bed, and I don't want to be the "last word guy", but let the record state I am no way one of Vadim's cronies. If your stuff is good, you will sell it here. If your stuff is good but you act like a jerk, I assume you will sell less of it. Since my guess is you want to sell more of it, I would take the high road, dyno your stuff, and sell so much of your performance mojo you won't even be able to balance your checkbook because money will be coming in so fast. There is plenty of room for anyone who makes MB's faster, but this group seems to demolish guys with attitude. Except for JRCart. He has attitude but his car is stinking fast so no one has destroyed him. In fact, I suspect half the guys coming to MIR are coming to watch him run, and the other half are coming to beat him. But I digress... Don't say I didn't warn you! Ok, I'll wait up five more minutes for you to respond, and then I'll go to bed, just to be fair. Z
That's a fair response and I have no issues with it. The only thing is you can't dyno thermal intake spacers.
I'll also be at MIR on 11/15 and will be glad to speak with anyone regarding anything MB/AMG related; in fact I'll be handing my own keys out to my ECU/TCU tuned C63 so others can experience what we have to offer first hand. I may come off harsh on the boards, as I'd rather use 10 words instead of 1000 and I'm a highly competitive individual, but you'll never find anyone that says I didn't deliver either.
In closing, watch out for that jrcart guy, my magic 8 ball says he's going to have a rocket on his hands.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:13 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Here was where you said that "Your own phenolics...are severely overpriced". I thought you said that. Oh, you said you never called his Tune overpriced. Right. Z
Right, just the phenolics. No worries Z.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by MHP
That's a fair response and I have no issues with it. The only thing is you can't dyno thermal intake spacers.
I'll also be at MIR on 11/15 and will be glad to speak with anyone regarding anything MB/AMG related; in fact I'll be handing my own keys out to my ECU/TCU tuned C63 so others can experience what we have to offer first hand. I may come off harsh on the boards, as I'd rather use 10 words instead of 1000 and I'm a highly competitive individual, but you'll never find anyone that says I didn't deliver either.
In closing, watch out for that jrcart guy, my magic 8 ball says he's going to have a rocket on his hands.
See you at MIR. My car is not that fast, but it should be fun. Night night. Z
Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
See you at MIR. My car is not that fast, but it should be fun. Night night. Z
Sounds good.

Thanks
Andy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators