Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
As I said, your "know it all" attitude is the problem, pal. There is nothing wrong with competition. However, in your case, you are new here and have quicky made reference to "other" products that leak and again, made generalized statements without backing it up. And further, you proceed to put down a well respected member here. Sure, you may have knowledge, but you have neither gained nor earned the repect of other members by your words today. I don't care how good you think your product is, your attitude sux and I wouldn't do business with you if you gave me your product for free.
For the record, I have been using the VRP spacers for a year now and they do not leak.
If my attitude seems unjustified to you, feel free to fire away. The rest of your post seems to be you attempting to explain your reasoning for going off for apparently no reason at all. Whatever floats your boat. Just pray you never run into a customer of mine with similar mods.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:24 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MHP
If I'm the second shop to bring out a thermal spacer, but the first with the material, thickness and design we use, that makes me late to the game? Not sure I agree, but since you bring it up using your logic VRP wouldn't even get to read the score in the Monday paper with their TCU tuning. Let alone the rest of what we have coming: Ported intake manifolds, custom intake manifolds, ported cylinder heads with billet custom spec'd cams, longtube headers, etc.
Just so you know, I have absolutely no idea who in the hell makes what for these cars. I could really care less. Why? Because we already have a game plan for the 6.2s and it has NOTHING to do with anyone else's path. We do not follow, we blaze our own trail, always have which is why we stand behind everything we sell.
Finally, I absolutely stated that most phenolics will leak over time, also that most phenolics are .5" thick. Are VRPs .5" thick? No Do they leak? I don't know. Well maybe, just maybe, they can be included in the minority of thermal spacers that work...The point is I never said otherwise and never specifically targeted VRP. I find it extremely comical that so many of his cronies have jumped on my back about such a relatively small item.
Flame away...
LOL - Thanks for proving my point for me. You are late to the game becasue you are trying to sell a product THAT DOES THE SAME THING. And as far as what you have coming....well, nice job giving up what you have up your sleeve ace; you really are a marketing guru aren't you ??? Evidenced by the fact that you say:
"I have absolutely no idea who in the hell makes what for these cars. I could really care less. Why? Because we already have a game plan for the 6.2s and it has NOTHING to do with anyone else's path. We do not follow, we blaze our own trail, always have which is why we stand behind everything we sell. "
Wow, what a pioneer you are....You have absolutly no clue who your competition is and what they are producing ??? Genius way to do business, Andy. I've been involved in professional racing for about 20 years (funny I've never heard of MHP) and making sure you know what your competition is up to is very important; and not something that is limited to the racing industry. Clearly, you haven't figred that out yet.
So, keep telling us all how you are going to revolutionize AMG tuning and put all the other guys out of business. Right now, you simply come off as a brash douchebag who needs to learn a little tact. Perhaps being an A hole around the shop works....but you will soon find out it doesn't go over well in this meduim. Best of luck, you're gonna need it.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
A few basic trivia questions (for ****s and giggles) for members and vendors alike:

1) Explain the difference between 2v and 4v airflow and the advantages/disadvantages of each.

2a) Why is a billet 4340 connecting rod stronger than a forged 4340 rod?

2b) What's stronger and why, a forged or billet Ti rod?

3) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a turbo or supercharged motor?

4) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a N/A street driven motor?

5) With stock TCU programming, how much can the oem torque converter actually lock on a 7A (W7A700)?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
WOW!

Hey guys, What's up I have spoke to Andy on the phone and he seems like a very stand up guy. He seems to know his stuff. I also know Vadim very well and he is also a very stand up guy. What we have here is pure love in the forum You guys all came running to Vadim's rescue with a FORCE .. Just goes to show that we are a very close group .. We are all here for the same reason we are MODAHOLICS We all have our own way of stating our opinions.. There is a very well liked forum member that states his opinion as he sees it and at first he would seem to be a very harsh opinionated guy but in the end you see he is a real nice guy, I am sure you all know who I am talking about any one? Well enough said, I would like to welcome you Andy to the forum As most know around here I will try just about any new mod out, I look forward to trying the TCU & will state my opinion as I see it.. Gotta go now, PARRIS HILTON just ran by my Dealership Naked Keep up the good work guys!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
LOL - Thanks for proving my point for me. You are late to the game becasue you are trying to sell a product THAT DOES THE SAME THING. And as far as what you have coming....well, nice job giving up what you have up your sleeve ace; you really are a marketing guru aren't you ??? Evidenced by the fact that you say:
"I have absolutely no idea who in the hell makes what for these cars. I could really care less. Why? Because we already have a game plan for the 6.2s and it has NOTHING to do with anyone else's path. We do not follow, we blaze our own trail, always have which is why we stand behind everything we sell. "
Wow, what a pioneer you are....You have absolutly no clue who your competition is and what they are producing ??? Genius way to do business, Andy. I've been involved in professional racing for about 20 years (funny I've never heard of MHP) and making sure you know what your competition is up to is very important; and not something that is limited to the racing industry. Clearly, you haven't figred that out yet.
So, keep telling us all how you are going to revolutionize AMG tuning and put all the other guys out of business. Right now, you simply come off as a brash douchebag who needs to learn a little tact. Perhaps being an A hole around the shop works....but you will soon find out it doesn't go over well in this meduim. Best of luck, you're gonna need it.
What genre of professional racing have you been involved with for 20 years and in what capacity?
Let me break it down for you big guy, and keep in mind I wasn't a marketing major. The reason I don't care what others have already done is simple, I don't like Pizza Hut. If my brand of pizza tastes better, has less fat, and is less expensive than the other brands, it's going to sell no matter what you or anyone else says. The bottom line is my products deliver, you can do your own researching into our track record for proof. No one on this forum has made the kind of power we have with a 2v, 3v, or 4v, regardless of make/model, power adder or none.
The fact is I'm not the one that derailed this thread, started name calling, etc. It was you and a select few other individuals that obviously have a thing for VRP. Good for you, but I'm not sweating losing you as a customer for a second. Are we finished here?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Hey guys, What's up I have spoke to Andy on the phone and he seems like a very stand up guy. He seems to know his stuff. I also know Vadim very well and he is also a very stand up guy. What we have here is pure love in the forum You guys all came running to Vadim's rescue with a FORCE .. Just goes to show that we are a very close group .. We are all here for the same reason we are MODAHOLICS We all have our own way of stating our opinions.. There is a very well liked forum member that states his opinion as he sees it and at first he would seem to be a very harsh opinionated guy but in the end you see he is a real nice guy, I am sure you all know who I am talking about any one? Well enough said, I would like to welcome you Andy to the forum As most know around here I will try just about any new mod out, I look forward to trying the TCU & will state my opinion as I see it.. Gotta go now, PARRIS HILTON just ran by my Dealership Naked Keep up the good work guys!
Thanks for the level headed response Rick, I definitely look forward to working with you as well.

Andy
Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by MHP

The 5.4/3V V8s are next up.
Nice.....
Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 AM

GT-R
I don't care much for the pissing contest going on here. MHP - Lets see some of your data from your third party testing. I agree with you in that the pricing for aftermarket products for AMG's are ridiculous. You seem to know your stuff and my brother, who have SRT vehicles, have heard good things about you. So, I'm very interested to see what you have to offer for us AMG guys.

Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any modifications (pulley, headers, exhaust, heads) planned for the 55 kompressor motor?

take care
Old 09-04-2008, 12:45 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
I don't care much for the pissing contest going on here. MHP - Lets see some of your data from your third party testing. I agree with you in that the pricing for aftermarket products for AMG's are ridiculous. You seem to know your stuff and my brother, who have SRT vehicles, have heard good things about you. So, I'm very interested to see what you have to offer for us AMG guys.
Fair enough. Data will be posted by the testers themselves (IMO that's the most objective way to pass it on) as soon as they're done assimilating it. There will be both dyno/track data as well as subjective commentary. Thanks for your patience, we've put a lot of time and effort into the reflashes. Aside from quicker/firmer and absolutely consistant WOT shifting, we can remove/eliminate tq management and have actually gained significant power without touching the ECU.

Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any modifications (pulley, headers, exhaust, heads) planned for the 55 kompressor motor?

take care
Yes, first up is TCU/ECU tuning, and thermal intake gaskets. We're debating on whether or not to port the heads and offer larger sticks as there are more effective mods to do to a PD blower equipped vehicle, we're probably going to focus on those mods first.

Last edited by MHP; 09-04-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:28 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Hey MHP, I justed wanted to say as another fellow C63 owner I am very excited to see what you have planned for the 6.2 engine. I look forward to your progress and results, and it sounds like you have a great deal of knowledge to make it all happen.

I also just wanted to say, I, along with many others, have a lot of respect for what VRP and Vadim have done for the AMG community. I look forward to their future developements as well, and as a future mod consumer and member of this board, I hope to see both of you guys do well here!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:34 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy
Hey MHP, I justed wanted to say as another fellow C63 owner I am very excited to see what you have planned for the 6.2 engine. I look forward to your progress and results, and it sounds like you have a great deal of knowledge to make it all happen.

I also just wanted to say, I, along with many others, have a lot of respect for what VRP and Vadim have done for the AMG community. I look forward to their future developements as well, and as a future mod consumer and member of this board, I hope to see both of you guys do well here!
Thank you for an excellent post. Obviously there is room for more than one successful shop in this market, and I wish everyone (except RennTech) the best of luck.
Tell you what, I'll accept the blame for not taking the time to see "who made/makes what" beforehand if we can all just let bygones be bygones.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
MHP, I've always liked (and learned a lot from) your posts and respected you as a tuner since even your early posts, but to me, in this case, it seems you were the aggressor. I certainly appreciate you explaining the difference between the two types of products and the pros and cons of each product to people who are less technically knowledgeable (at least mechanically) like myself and others. However, please remember that Vadim has been on this board since its creation, and has went out of his way on many occasions to help many AMG enthusiasts mod and fix their cars. He is a very stand up guy and never let down a customer as well. Having said that, I believe the forum is big enough for multiple tuners to co-exist, which equals a big variety for AMG owners, and I think the tuner with the best product will eventually make it through.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I appreciate your efforts in tuning our cars and look forward to your products
Old 09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
How is the TCU / torque limiting software modded? I am in the UK and am wondering if the software can be programmed in remotely i.e. via ODBII or similar or is it a hardwired update thats needed?

Also what is the cost?

For E55 of course ...
Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 AM

E55
Originally Posted by LZH
Andy - you came here with a competing product to the phenolic hear spacer. Oh, I'm sorry.....are there 45 other tuners on this board that sell the phenolic spacers ???? No, there are not. VRP is the only one I know of and the first to develop it.
Evosport and LET also sell them.

I purchased a set of the evo spacers, and had a hell of a time getting my Renntech box back on, even after cutting off the grommits, because they are too thick... you simply have a difficult time aligning the throat of the box with the throttle body. While everything appears to fit, it is not near as tight of a fit as before (need a sleeve or something). I also have not seen any measureable drop in IAT even with many data logging runs with and without the spacers. Maybe the sensor is located upstream of the surge tanks? Maybe they don't work? If these work at reducing IAT, evidenced by IAT datalogging, I'm in.... and I suspect lots more here will be as well.

Play nice in the sand box kids, or recess will be over.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 AM

07' CLK63 designo Graphite/Black; 07' E350 Sport White/Cashmere
The more MB tuners, the merrier! I am for price competion! For so long, MB owners were overcharged.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:06 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
MHP, I've always liked (and learned a lot from) your posts and respected you as a tuner since even your early posts, but to me, in this case, it seems you were the aggressor. I certainly appreciate you explaining the difference between the two types of products and the pros and cons of each product to people who are less technically knowledgeable (at least mechanically) like myself and others. However, please remember that Vadim has been on this board since its creation, and has went out of his way on many occasions to help many AMG enthusiasts mod and fix their cars. He is a very stand up guy and never let down a customer as well. Having said that, I believe the forum is big enough for multiple tuners to co-exist, which equals a big variety for AMG owners, and I think the tuner with the best product will eventually make it through.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I appreciate your efforts in tuning our cars and look forward to your products

Understood, and likewise I appreciate your posts and the time you've taken to post.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by stevebez
How is the TCU / torque limiting software modded? I am in the UK and am wondering if the software can be programmed in remotely i.e. via ODBII or similar or is it a hardwired update thats needed?

Also what is the cost?

For E55 of course ...
We reflash it in house. The good news is we don't need the TCU that's in your car, we can use a spare and ship it to you so there's no down time. Final cost hasn't been decided yet but I would expect stage I tuning (what 90% are going to want) to be around $1500-1750. Stage II tuning starts at $2500 and can go past $3500 for something completely custom. The price is representative of the number of hours it takes (and TCU reflashes are very time/labor intensive). A typical stage I TCU will take around 15-17.5hrs, with a custom stage II checking in at or over 35hrs.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Can we see a car with the TCU reflashed like on youtube, I would love to see how the car behaves.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
There is a very well liked forum member that states his opinion as he sees it and at first he would seem to be a very harsh opinionated guy but in the end you see he is a real nice guy, I am sure you all know who I am talking about any one?
About 10 people come to mind...actually, more like 20 come to mind LOL! Should we start comparing lists and narrow it down?
Old 09-04-2008, 03:27 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Shaun
Can we see a car with the TCU reflashed like on youtube, I would love to see how the car behaves.
Yes, I will personally post a video of my C63 with both ECU/TCU tuning next week. I can already tell you the car is absolutely WICKED, nothing like stock.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-04-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP
Yes, I will personally post a video of my C63 with both ECU/TCU tuning next week. I can already tell you the car is absolutely WICKED, nothing like stock.

Thanks
Andy
I can't wait, I've been waiting for something to fix the shift points for years now ....
Old 09-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I wasn't going to say much but I'll go ahead and call here.

Rick bro, he is NOTHING like me. There is a difference being yickitty yacking and pushing an agenda. But, thanks for the compliment.

Andy: Plain and simple, post the data. What you are seeming to not get is that we simply do not believe that you can tune MBs. We all know about the MB parts in Chrysler cars and Chrysler making MB's parts. You bring up lots of technical jargon, but have NEVER even begun to address how you jumped from an SRT-8 to an AMG? The two trannys may have similar TQ loads, but does that mean they both use the same electronic code?

POST THE DATA. You better watch that defense of freedom of speech, because we love to sniff out a wanna be.

to those that are paying this sponsor money, shame. I'd rather have a slow car than to buy from someone that acts like this IN a sponsor thread no less.

To the mods, sorry for the OT but the OP took it there.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
I wasn't going to say much but I'll go ahead and call here.

Rick bro, he is NOTHING like me. There is a difference being yickitty yacking and pushing an agenda. But, thanks for the compliment.

Andy: Plain and simple, post the data. What you are seeming to not get is that we simply do not believe that you can tune MBs.
Like I said before, not worried at all about the doubters. The proof is in the pudding which is otw. BTW, when you reference "we" who exactly are you talking about? You and?

We all know about the MB parts in Chrysler cars and Chrysler making MB's parts. You bring up lots of technical jargon, but have NEVER even begun to address how you jumped from an SRT-8 to an AMG? The two trannys may have similar TQ loads, but does that mean they both use the same electronic code?
The codes are very similar but not the same. Which is why it took us an extra 6 weeks to "crack" all the TCU/ECU variables in MB ECUs/TCUs.

POST THE DATA. You better watch that defense of freedom of speech, because we love to sniff out a wanna be.
I'm not watching it, I'm counting on it, and obviously, I'm not afraid to bite back either. Let me ask you a question. How much crow are you prepared to eat after I post vids, track and dyno results from not just my car but several others as well?

to those that are paying this sponsor money, shame. I'd rather have a slow car than to buy from someone that acts like this IN a sponsor thread no less.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Enjoy your slow ride. If you're going to MIR on 11/15 maybe we can line up next to each other and let the products themselves do the "talking".

To the mods, sorry for the OT but the OP took it there.
For the life of me I simply cannot see how you can blame me for the thread derailing. Why VRP even posted in this thread (as I never cited them or their products) is a mystery to me and seemed to be the instigating factor.
If you would take the time to read the thread you would probably also notice that the pissing match is over and there's simply no need to attempt to relight the fire. You want results, they're coming, end of story.

Last edited by MHP; 09-04-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I can't wait, I've been waiting for something to fix the shift points for years now ....
I've had my TCU in and out for over 7 revisions in the past 3 weeks as we nailed down the final calibrations. Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed in any way shape or form.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by MHP
I also see that you carry your own phenolics and they are severely overpriced. I guess I should've expected a post like this from you.
So I read the thread and it is my opinion that this was the first inflamatory statement.

But it looks like things are getting under control.

MODS, I think you probably can develop some better posting guidelines for your sponsors based upon this thread.

MHP, I will be interested to see the data once you get it. Since you are getting into the TCU, some hints for you on the E-Class.
Many have seen that from a dead stop accel, that the tranny shifts a little early from 1-2. Of course this could be a limitation of the hardware to cut it closer due to the quickly rising RPMs in 1st at WOT. If you accelerate slower, you will shift at the redline. On the flip side, I have also had the tranny hit the rev limiter when in S and the gear selector was in 1st. This is usually when you are holding RPMs at say 4K and then punch it. The RPMs climb faster than the tranny can deal with and you hit the rev limiter. This is not ALL E's but it has been an issue for a number of them.

The other issue to look into is the dead accelerator pedal when down shifting to a stop and then hitting the throttle. Literally as long as half a second can go by with the throttle on the floor and nothing happens. To cause this problem to occur you need to be doing engine braking down shifts so RPMs hit say 5K on the down shift and then once in first, as the RPMs come close to idle, hit the throttle. It's gotta be emissions related. A number of people have had this problem and I have not heard of any update from MB.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators