Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
The Mods and those on Suspension

Finally and about time. Thanks.

Mods, I hope you had a good talk with them. I think too big a head of steam between their ears and between their legs.

I know they are money paying customers, but they can be that AND get their hands slapped when appropriate.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:36 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
+1. Egos getting crazy out of control around here. Took you guys long enough, but regained a bit of credo by finally stepping up and doing it. Z
Old 09-17-2008, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I am here for more than one reason. Firstly I am quite happy with my E55 to the point of being considered an enthusiast. I crave knowledge of the inter workings of the BEAST, as it is quite complex. I value the wealth of knowledge contained in this form, it is truly a global meeting place.
Secondly over the years I have had the opportunity to meet many board members and truly enjoy the social aspect and look forward to more GTGs(MIR) in the future. From the time that I joined MBWorld I was always impressed with the level of maturity and respect the members had for each other (heck we have BMW guys in here) even if they had different views all discussions were for the most part very civil and well presented. Lately we seem to have experienced a following that exudes a level of intellect that undermines respectful mature exchanges here.

Gentlemen (and Ladies Benzgal) keep up the good posts, and lets all help out any member that needs extra attention by heading off any negative non productive threads, before real drama sets in.

In closing I would like to thank the mods for taking action, even though I don't think they should be burdened policing and editing out the junk. They have lives too and I for one do appreciate their efforts to make this board what it is.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
I am here for more than one reason. Firstly I am quite happy with my E55 to the point of being considered an enthusiast. I crave knowledge of the inter workings of the BEAST, as it is quite complex. I value the wealth of knowledge contained in this form, it is truly a global meeting place.
Secondly over the years I have had the opportunity to meet many board members and truly enjoy the social aspect and look forward to more GTGs(MIR) in the future. From the time that I joined MBWorld I was always impressed with the level of maturity and respect the members had for each other (heck we have BMW guys in here) even if they had different views all discussions were for the most part very civil and well presented. Lately we seem to have experienced a following that exudes a level of intellect that undermines respectful mature exchanges here.

Gentlemen (and Ladies Benzgal) keep up the good posts, and lets all help out any member that needs extra attention by heading off any negative non productive threads, before real drama sets in.

In closing I would like to thank the mods for taking action, even though I don't think they should be burdened policing and editing out the junk. They have lives too and I for one do appreciate their efforts to make this board what it is.
Thanks at least someone recognizes its not all fun and games for us. And you are quite correct- I didnt got thru my life buying 211 E55's, M5's, CL65's, M3's, 997TT's, 996TT's, M6's etc by working here.

Unless you have walked a mile in your neighbors shoes dont judge them. Its alot easier to say what we as mods could have and should have done when the work and responsiblity doesnt fall on the back on those questioning our timing. This site is huge and I have a day job but I love this place and what it has and will represent.

As a mod its much more difficult to pull the trigger and close posts, suspend people, and generally try to just keep order. Its not like I have the ability to video conference in the members so we can have a chat and with all due respect, I am not the boss of the members.

I could have closed many threads earlier but this is still a place of adults and for the most part, the threads clean themselves out. As members of the community, you all play an integral part in this. We cant be the only police here. I dont live on this site by no means nor do I have the time to go thru all the threads. I have seen many a member here tell others to "chill" or "relax" in a professional manner and ... you know what?? The offending member did just that. But by replying in an aggressive nature or challenging other members, nothing good happens, and this falls on each member to check themselves before they hit the submit button. Text has no tone and emotion. Its all perception and I have met Jangy in person, he is not unreasonable (well sort of j/k) and I hear Jim is a great guy in person too. Thats why I always say things would be so different in person. One thing I wont do is close threads for spirited discussions that spur thought, innovation, creativity, informing, and frankly just betterment of the site in general.

As much as Jangy, JrCart and others may have made some threads go bad, they also have provided input and strong discussions. They are not paying customers, members dont pay to be here. Bottom line is this place is like a drivers license, its a priveledge and not a right. I think we all have to understand and believe this to ensure discussions dont get out of hand in the future.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
well said
Old 09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by neveo
well said
+1.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
thanks guys, its a dirty job but someone has to do it
Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Vic, couple of questions.

The thing is, both Jangy and Jim do add plenty of good to the site, this particular situation got a bit out of hand. Is there an established process for both of them to earn their ways off of probation? Since they are "on probation" and not "banned", I assume they are still welcome, and can post, just have been asked not to further "develop" their relationship... is this accurate? Just want to know what it all means...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zax63
Vic, couple of questions.

The thing is, both Jangy and Jim do add plenty of good to the site, this particular situation got a bit out of hand. Is there an established process for both of them to earn their ways off of probation? Since they are "on probation" and not "banned", I assume they are still welcome, and can post, just have been asked not to further "develop" their relationship... is this accurate? Just want to know what it all means...
They are on suspension. I think their suspension is for two weeks but I am not sure what access they have. I know they cant post or sign on but I am sure they can view as their IP addresses were not blocked. I didnt administer the suspensions personally so I am not 100% sure of the blockage. We do block all IP addresses on certain individuals that we never want back but this is not the case here.

Probation is pretty much the same as it would be in the normal society. You are put on warning and you cant mess up again or the punishment increases. After the allotted time period has elapsed, you are back in the general population.

As for the relationship part- thats a difficult question to answer but I am sure it will be cordial. I really do believe that if and when these two get together it will be all laughs and high fives.