Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Unhappy

Originally Posted by MHP
Yes, we already have 55 cals on file. Obviously they need to be modified to your exact mods but the baseline tunes are already complete.

Here's what I've decided to do, I'm looking for one example (not tester, we don't test on other people's cars) to run our TCU tune; preferably someone with little or no mods (pulley/ECU is fine since most of you seem to have that anyway). In return for before/after track results and subjective feedback reg. shift points, firmness, eliminated delay, etc. said owner will receive a significantly reduced rate. I'd rather have someone that runs at the track regularly, uses 93 octane, and has sticky tires to take advantage of the extra power we're going to let loose.
This is a one time only deal, we will not be doing anymore discounted tunes. If you're interested please PM me and we'll get started right away. I want as much data to be posted as soon as possible.

Thanks
Andy
I sent you a PM on the 14th with no response?

I would love to be the 55 guinea pig since I find the TCU work y'all are doing very intriguing. But, considering your response, I use 91 octane, haven't been to the track regularly in years (even though there are a couple at our disposal), and I live in Phoenix so you won't get any good DA's for a while, and will need new rear tires in the near future. Not to mention, I have no idea what I would have to do with sending my ECU/TCU to you guys. :kicksrock: Oh, and I'm traveling 14 out of the next 15 business days (I'm in Austin right now and will be driving up to Dallas for the rest of the week) so my poor car will be sitting at the airport.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
someone jump on this. i need to see some low 1.6 or high 1.5 60ft times.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by I Like Soup

I would love to be the 55 guinea pig since I find the TCU work y'all are doing very intriguing. But, considering your response, I use 91 octane, haven't been to the track regularly in years (even though there are a couple at our disposal), and I live in Phoenix so you won't get any good DA's for a while, and will need new rear tires in the near future. Not to mention, I have no idea what I would have to do with sending my ECU/TCU to you guys. :kicksrock: Oh, and I'm traveling 14 out of the next 15 business days (I'm in Austin right now and will be driving up to Dallas for the rest of the week) so my poor car will be sitting at the airport.
we can take your car to firebird and/or speedworld and i'll let you use my drag radial set-up so we can get some good consistent numbers. then you can send your tcu in and we'll do it all over again when it comes back. i've also got some vp to mix your octane to 93.

Last edited by chiromikey; 09-23-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by I Like Soup

The DA and octane killed your shot, sorry. Obviously this test will be highly scrutinized by all the naysayers and haters alike so it's got to be done correctly.

Thanks and I do appreciate your offer.

Andy
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Talking

Originally Posted by MHP
The DA and octane killed your shot, sorry. Obviously this test will be highly scrutinized by all the naysayers and haters alike so it's got to be done correctly.

Andy
Understood, ya bassturd! Anyway, with my upcoming travel schedule, I wouldn't be the best candidate and I know the forum guys are chomping at the bit for information.

Mikey...thanks for the offer. The Phoenix guys will have to get together real soon!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP

Andy
da will at least be consistent and can still be calculated/corrected...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
da will at least be consistent and can still be calculated/corrected...
You of all people should understand why I'm being cautious in choosing an example vehicle--case in point your reply quoted above. No matter what I post there's always something wrong, something that should've been done as someone else would've etc. That includes correcting for DA (not everyone is up to par on that). So it is what it is.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
You of all people should understand why I'm being cautious in choosing an example vehicle--case in point your reply quoted above. No matter what I post there's always something wrong, something that should've been done as someone else would've etc. That includes correcting for DA (not everyone is up to par on that). So it is what it is.
at least all conditions would be cosistent and there's no need to bother correcting for da since it's the performance deltas that we're really after...but in understand.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
at least all conditions would be cosistent and there's no need to bother correcting for da since it's the performance deltas that we're really after...but in understand.
You are correct it's the difference in performance we're looking to guage, but again, just making sure my bases are covered. God only knows the results will be sure to be torn apart regardless.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 PM

Ford 4x4, daily
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Are you for real? So just because a person drives a $50k car they should spend $5k on mods without questioning it? That kind of thinking is probably why you are driving a Ford Ranger. Come on man, its not a question of whether we can afford it, the question is "Is it worth it?"

And since you brought it up. You can get the trans built and modify the torque converter fort hat kind of money. Modifying the tc will help stall speed beyond that of a tune and modifying the valve body will increase line pressure therefore increasing shift firmness and speed. Not ot mention the added benefit of having a built trans to hold more power.
no i said because someone drives a 50k car they are losing more than 5k every year in value! it is up to that person to decide if they want to mod it or not. i also inferred that if they can afford a 50k car that they dont need, they will have the 5k cash to mod if he/she so chooses!

if its not worth it, dont buy it! it is that simple.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by MHP
Honestly, if you don't like the pricing, try someone else's TCU tuning.
Some day you will listen to me and just put it out there without apologies.

To all those on the forum.... lets be honest, until someone bites AND posts it's all just speculation.

Now if I was going to be one of the first E55/65 with MPH, I would negotiate a sweet deal where there would be expectations on both sides.

Wish I lived in his area, we would be hav'n fun with the E63. As it is, I am sitting in CA with 91 Octane
Old 09-24-2008, 07:36 AM

E55
someone jump on this. i need to see some low 1.6 or high 1.5 60ft times.
Check your last time slips... I'm sure they are in there somewhere

Last edited by supre55; 09-24-2008 at 07:38 AM.