Thread for those Banned by MHP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by TMC M5
We don't need no stinkin TQ management...

I know ...I know... Mr AMG tune....

Tom
haha my cars feeling a lil slow right now something is wrong, might be time to dump her soon for the 997TT.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
haha my cars feeling a lil slow right now something is wrong, might be time to dump her soon for the 997TT.
I see you are already getting the itch huh? lol!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Hi Tom, I am impressed with your knowledge on tuning.
I must admit sometimes I not sure what your talking about because of
American tuners and talk. I do not know much about superchargers but
a bit with turbo's. Learned a lot tuning Cosworth's , Mitsubishi's both Turbo.
Turbo cars are easier to tune, I think, more boost, fuel,ignition, etc but there
is only so much before big engine mods. I always found extra boost gave
draw backs as well as extra power, lack of nimbleness and more noise.
I saw on one of your posts the CL65 is running around 18 lbs boost, that's
much more than I would have expected. There is a company in the UK who
say they can increase hp to 670 for 2 grand. So I imagine they will re-map
and give it an extra 3-4 lbs of boost. I can't test drive it before I have it done, so in your opinion (which I trust) will the car be noisier and less nimble.
Your comments would be appreciated.
Bonzo
Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
So without a clear provenance of who can lay claim to these #'s... I don't want to advertise either party.

Tom
So is that what this thread is about - Advertising for other tuners ?? I don't get it. Your first post mentions a group buy, but it seems as though you're just posting dyno sheets from other tuners in an effort to persuade others from going with MHP. Sounds pretty childish if you ask me. Not to mention most of whats being discussed is for the 65 platform and as such, should be moved to the appropriate forum.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by LZH
So is that what this thread is about - Advertising for other tuners ?? I don't get it. Your first post mentions a group buy, but it seems as though you're just posting dyno sheets from other tuners in an effort to persuade others from going with MHP. Sounds pretty childish if you ask me. Not to mention most of whats being discussed is for the 65 platform and as such, should be moved to the appropriate forum.
hes just increasing the view count relax and move on...
Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by sound 8
Hi Tom, I am impressed with your knowledge on tuning.
I must admit sometimes I not sure what your talking about because of
American tuners and talk. I do not know much about superchargers but
a bit with turbo's. Learned a lot tuning Cosworth's , Mitsubishi's both Turbo.
Turbo cars are easier to tune, I think, more boost, fuel,ignition, etc but there
is only so much before big engine mods. I always found extra boost gave
draw backs as well as extra power, lack of nimbleness and more noise.
I saw on one of your posts the CL65 is running around 18 lbs boost, that's
much more than I would have expected. There is a company in the UK who
say they can increase hp to 670 for 2 grand. So I imagine they will re-map
and give it an extra 3-4 lbs of boost. I can't test drive it before I have it done, so in your opinion (which I trust) will the car be noisier and less nimble.
Your comments would be appreciated.
Bonzo
To be honest...I really don't know much about tuning turbo cars...I just listen and read lot from sources that do know what they are talking about. I would say I have a decent understanding of how things work and can analyze the dynos and datalogging. Jason (JAYCL600) is a much better resource than I in this area. You might want to ask his input...

With that said... I don't know If I can be much help to you dealing with the tuners over there in the UK. I have read stuff from about 2 dozen websites in the UK and Germany (don't know German can read the numbers and figure out there claims). There seems to be a sort of "canned" tune out there where almost every tuner in Europe is quoting the same numbers for the 65 models. The problem over here is that those tunes are probably made for a car running on European gas with the RON rating of 98 (around 94-95 octane here in the US). This shouldn't be a problem for you given that you have access to the same fuel. I would ask to see before and after dynos from the tuner.... and ask for customer referrals. Ask to see the datalogging of the boost...hey if they claimed 3-4lbs.... they must have proven it...right?? DO your due diligence first and find the one with the best proven answers.

Good luck,

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 10-02-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH

LZH (MHP fanboy):

Sorry for dragging you back to this thread... I know you must not have come back here of your own volition....you must be being held at gun point...so whoever is sitting there with the gun to LZH's head...please for the love of God... don't force him to view another second of dyno graphs for the 65 platform...and information from non-MHP tuners...it is cruel and unusual punishment. Especially in light of his determination and vocal resolve to not help boost the view counts...which we all know is the determination of whether something is valuable or not....

I mentioned earlier today that I am working on 63 tuned dynos but it seems as though mbforever has a thread out there that covers it. As far as this beinig in another section....the W211 AMG section is the de facto performance mod section...sorry not my doing.

Maybe you should do your own thread and ask everyone if I am childish or not (hopefully the guy holding the gun to your head will give you the latitude to do so).

Have a nice day

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I also find it the height of hypocrisy (okay maybe a slight exagerration) that a CLK63 BS owner is complaining about my posts in an E55/E63 section. Yes I know that the E63 and CLk63 share the same engine.....however...these posts on the V12TT's are for those W211 owners who have the V12TT engine conversion....

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 10-02-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
To be honest...I really don't know much about tuning turbo cars...I just listen and read lot from sources that do know what they are talking about. I would say I have a decent understanding of how things work and can analyze the dynos and datalogging. Jason (JAYCL600) is a much better resource than I in this area. You might want to ask his input...

With that said... I don't know If I can be much help to you dealing with the tuners over there in the UK. I have read stuff from about 2 dozen websites in the UK and Germany (don't know German can read the numbers and figure out there claims). There seems to be a sort of "canned" tune out there where almost every tuner in Europe is quoting the same numbers for the 65 models. The problem over here is that those tunes are probably made for a car running on European gas with the RON rating of 98 (around 94-95 octane here in the US). This shouldn't be a problem for you given that you have access to the same fuel. I would ask to see before and after dynos from the tuner.... and ask for customer referrals. Ask to see the datalogging of the boost...hey if they claimed 3-4lbs.... they must have proven it...right?? DO your due diligence first and find the one with the best proven answers.

Good luck,

Tom
Hi again, what mods have you done to your car, I do want more power,but
I don't want to loose things I love about the car. If I could get an extra 30-40
hp I would be happy, can that be achieved without massive re-mapping.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:40 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Tom - your sarcasm, although expected, is uncalled for and only further proves my point in referring to you as a child. Your thread here IS out of place, as are your misguided attempts to sway others by simply posting dyno sheets that you yourself admitted to having very little knowledge of (tuning turbo cars). I respectfully submit:

To be honest...I really don't know much about tuning turbo cars...I just listen and read lot from sources that do know what they are talking about.
I mean this IS your thread, isn’t it ??? I guess all that listening and reading has really given you first hand, real world experience, huh Mr. BenchRacer ? So when someone actually comes here looking for factual information, the above is your response ?? WOW – how incredibly helpful of you. Well played, son.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
Tom - your sarcasm, although expected, is uncalled for and only further proves my point in referring to you as a child. Your thread here IS out of place, as are your misguided attempts to sway others by simply posting dyno sheets that you yourself admitted to having very little knowledge of (tuning turbo cars). I respectfully submit:

I mean this IS your thread, isn’t it ??? I guess all that listening and reading has really given you first hand, real world experience, huh Mr. BenchRacer ? So when someone actually comes here looking for factual information, the above is your response ?? WOW – how incredibly helpful of you. Well played, son.
Wow...I thought you might not have gotten the sarcasm... good for you

Well...do you consider dynoing my car a dozen times....datalogging my car (not counting the G-tech)....numerous times (for boost, IATS, etc.).... taking my CL65 to the track a few times...as bench racing?

Ok...how about this...go ask your buddy Andy if he has actualy physically touched an MB V12TT car...and engine...not the ECU....but the actual car. Ask if he has ever datalogged it? Now when he answers no...please spew your same "bench racer" venom at him. To be fair...I wouldn't say he didn't know anything about a V12TT if he never physically touched it...but it is really your argument that you are throwing at me...so live with it.

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM
LZH
Banned

Wow...I thought you might not have gotten the sarcasm... good for you
More of the same....You know someone once said that "Sarcasm is a tool that losers use to bring winners down to their level". Again, well played.

Well...do you consider dynoing my car a dozen times....datalogging my car (not counting the G-tech)....numerous times (for boost, IATS, etc.).... taking my CL65 to the track a few times...as bench racing?

Ok...how about this...go ask your buddy Andy if he has actualy physically touched an MB V12TT car...and engine...not the ECU....but the actual car. Ask if he has ever datalogged it? Now when he answers no...please spew your same "bench racer" venom at him. To be fair...I wouldn't say he didn't know anything about a V12TT if he never physically touched it...but it is really your argument that you are throwing at me...so live with it.

Tom
It's not an argument at all...I'm simply pointing out the obvious. And yes, I consider dynoing a dozen times, dataloging and a few passes at the strip complete Bench Racing....because that's exactly what your are doing. You just said you have only been to the track a "few" times and have very little knowledge of tuning. So, what makes you the authority here ?? Becasue you have physically touched the V12TT ?? Laughable is an understatement. As you stated earlier, you know what you know by listening and reading....How is that any different than someone who has never "physically touched the V12TT" ?? I could sit here all day and expose you as the Bench Racer that you are but you seem to be doing a good job all by yourself. Next time you open a thread for the purpose of advertising for other tuners, you might want to actually have a clue what you’re posting about in an effort to gain some semblance of knowledge and credibility. But hey, it’s your thread, so keep up the good work !!!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by sound 8
Hi again, what mods have you done to your car, I do want more power,but
I don't want to loose things I love about the car. If I could get an extra 30-40
hp I would be happy, can that be achieved without massive re-mapping.

I have a Johnson CM030 I/C pump and BMC drop-in filters. I think these are positive improvements that had absolutely no downside.

You should be able to get the peak power increases you want with no side effects from the ECU upgrade. The problem with these cars is the torque management...which I believe needs to be unlocked in the TCU.

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by LZH
...Not to mention most of whats being discussed is for the 65 platform and as such, should be moved to the appropriate forum.
oh sh*t...did you REALLY just say that and continuing to act like you're really arguing this!?!?!? lmfao
Old 10-02-2008, 03:30 PM
LZH
Banned

The problem with these cars is the torque management...which I believe needs to be unlocked in the TCU.

Tom
And from what I understand, MHP is the only company right now who has the ability to tap into the TCU and change TQ tables/parameters.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
More of the same....You know someone once said that "Sarcasm is a tool that losers use to bring winners down to their level". Again, well played.

It's not an argument at all...I'm simply pointing out the obvious. And yes, I consider dynoing a dozen times, dataloging and a few passes at the strip complete Bench Racing....because that's exactly what your are doing. You just said you have only been to the track a "few" times and have very little knowledge of tuning. So, what makes you the authority here ?? Becasue you have physically touched the V12TT ?? Laughable is an understatement. As you stated earlier, you know what you know by listening and reading....How is that any different than someone who has never "physically touched the V12TT" ?? I could sit here all day and expose you as the Bench Racer that you are but you seem to be doing a good job all by yourself. Next time you open a thread for the purpose of advertising for other tuners, you might want to actually have a clue what you’re posting about in an effort to gain some semblance of knowledge and credibility. But hey, it’s your thread, so keep up the good work !!!
LZH (MHP fanboy):

Why are you so angry??? You really haven't had any positive contributions to this forum ...unless you consider MHP defending/cheerleading a positive contribution. It is like you are taking every dyno post and every statement clearly not addressed to you, so personally. It really seems to bother you that people are actually coming in to the thread and asking questions and viewing dyno graphs. I think the objective observer will view that in a way that would make them question your true motivation. Are you trying to flame to get the thread off topic... or better yet closed....

Seriously, no more sarcasm... if you want to contribute something go right ahead...if not...you should probably move on to a different thread. Personally...I enjoy making you so angry that you have to keep coming back in here because you feel some childish need to criticize everything about this thread. I think everyone gets that YOU think I am a "bench racer", "sarcastic" (admittedly I am) and that I "don't know much about tuning" (which I admitted). I would hope that people see me as a car enthusiast who shares what teeny tiny knowledge he has. I try (not always successful) to help people on here and I am sure there are fellow members who would agree.

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
And from what I understand, MHP is the only company right now who has the ability to tap into the TCU and change TQ tables/parameters.
Good for them...this thread is for people who were "banned" from their products.

Have a nice day,

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 03:55 PM
LZH
Banned

LZH (MHP fanboy):

Why are you so angry??? You really haven't had any positive contributions to this forum ...unless you consider MHP defending/cheerleading a positive contribution. It is like you are taking every dyno post and every statement clearly not addressed to you, so personally. It really seems to bother you that people are actually coming in to the thread and asking questions and viewing dyno graphs. I think the objective observer will view that in a way that would make them question your true motivation. Are you trying to flame to get the thread off topic... or better yet closed....

Seriously, no more sarcasm... if you want to contribute something go right ahead...if not...you should probably move on to a different thread. Personally...I enjoy making you so angry that you have to keep coming back in here because you feel some childish need to criticize everything about this thread. I think everyone gets that YOU think I am a "bench racer", "sarcastic" (admittedly I am) and that I "don't know much about tuning" (which I admitted). I would hope that people see me as a car enthusiast who shares what teeny tiny knowledge he has. I try (not always successful) to help people on here and I am sure there are fellow members who would agree.

Tom
I haven’t made any positive contributions ???? And you have done what, exactly ??? Post dyno sheets about tuning that you have admitted you know nothing about – LOL….GOOD JOB. Or, were you referring to your positive contribution by telling someone who comes here with questions to use a “Johnson CM030 I/C pump and BMC drop-in filters” ???? Holy crap man, an upgraded I/C pump and filters ??? REALLY ?????
You crack me up man. Although I applaud you for your use of the English language, your forked tongue and lack of knowledge are the only contribution you have made. I mean you yourself just stated that “The problem with these cars is the torque management”. Another insightful yet already well know problem smartguy – and I replied that this problem is actually being addressed by MHP’s tuning…is it not ???? I mean if someone comes here looking for information, shouldn’t you give them all the information and not just what YOU see fit to provide ??? Laughable, again….And as far as your Bench Racing is concerned….do you really expect any sort of credibility from a “few passes” ??? I had a few passes when I was 14 bro and have probably run the ¼ mile a few HUNDRED times at tracks all over the country. So, forgive me if I question your knowledge, but posting dyno sheets and making a few passes at the drags is hardly an accomplishment that would entitle you to give anyone advice in this waste of bandwith that you call an informative thread.

And as far as this thread being for those BANNED by MHP - well, I believe it was you who said the following:

Your promise not to do business with me is somewhat laughable... expecially in light of the fact I NEVER criticized your product....your marketing/claims yes...the tunes...no. I really had such high hopes for you and your product, I guess that will be my loss and another vendor's gain.

Good luck,

Tom
So, becasue you do not agree with his marketing claims, you throw his ability to tune out as well ???? Didn't you just say "The problem with these cars is the torque management...which I believe needs to be unlocked in the TCU. "

So, you know what the biggest problem is with your car, and you know that there is a company out there that can FIX IT, yet you come here and post a thread like a martyr because you are unhappy with Andy's marketing. Sounds like you are the one who is angry....and not only angry, but stupid on top of it.

Last edited by LZH; 10-02-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
I haven’t made any positive contributions ???? And you have done what, exactly ??? Post dyno sheets about tuning that you have admitted you know nothing about – LOL….GOOD JOB. Or, were you referring to your positive contribution by telling someone who comes here with questions to use a “Johnson CM030 I/C pump and BMC drop-in filters” ???? Holy crap man, an upgraded I/C pump and filters ??? REALLY ?????
You crack me up man. Although I applaud you for your use of the English language, your forked tongue and lack of knowledge are the only contribution you have made. I mean you yourself just stated that “The problem with these cars is the torque management”. Another insightful yet already well know problem smartguy – and I replied that this problem is actually being addressed by MHP’s tuning…is it not ???? I mean if someone comes here looking for information, shouldn’t you give them all the information and not just what YOU see fit to provide ??? Laughable, again….And as far as your Bench Racing is concerned….do you really expect any sort of credibility from a “few passes” ??? I had a few passes when I was 14 bro and have probably run the ¼ mile a few HUNDRED times at tracks all over the country. So, forgive me if I question your knowledge, but posting dyno sheets and making a few passes at the drags is hardly an accomplishment to would entitle you to give anyone advice in this waste of bandwith you call an informative thread.
LZH (MHP fanboy/Angryboy)

I have had a few passes in my car...yes...I bought the car in this past spring and had an I/C pump problem fixed. The DC summers here are brutally hot and humid. So I really didn't want to push the car in this weather...sorry. Now I have been to the track with my other cars in the past...but didn't think it would be as relevant to this conversation as your 1/4 mile pass at the age of 14... unless of course it was last week...

BTW if you can read through your rage...you will see that soun8 asked me what mods I had done...should I have made something up?

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 10-02-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
So, if you simply do not agree with his marketing claims yet approve of his tunes - then why not admit that here and be helpful when others ask questions ? I just don't get it.

I don't have enough information to approve or disapprove of their tunes...no dynos and unsubstantiated information particulary for the V12TT platform. They are not an option for a number of people becuase they "banned" a number of people.

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by LZH
then you dont understand correctly or have been given the wrong info, for this is untrue.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 PM
LZH
Banned

then you dont understand correctly or have been given the wrong info, for this is untrue.
Then enlighten me/us - WHO ELSE has the ability to interface with the TCU and change the torque management ??
Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by LZH
Then enlighten me/us - WHO ELSE has the ability to interface with the TCU and change the torque management ??
This is no new knowledge or data. No offense but Im not here to enlighten you, if you had a V12tt and were truly interested in getting the most out of it we would have already spoken by now.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:23 PM
LZH
Banned

I don't have enough information to approve or disapprove of their tunes...no dynos and unsubstantiated information particulary for the V12TT platform. They are not an option for a number of people becuase they "banned" a number of people.

Tom
So, becasue you do not agree with his marketing claims, you throw his ability to tune out as well ???? Didn't you just say "The problem with these cars is the torque management...which I believe needs to be unlocked in the TCU. "

So, you know what the biggest problem is with your car, and you know that there is a company out there that can FIX IT, yet you come here and post a thread like a martyr because you are unhappy with Andy's marketing. Sounds like you are the one who is angry....and not only angry, but stupid on top of it.

If you were a true enthusiast, you would step up and be the first V12TT to run MHP's TCU tuning and come here with objective reports. And if you really wanted to be an enthusiast, you would run the **** out of it at the drags then pull your trans and look for signs of unusual wear and long-term reliability. But, you don't. You sit here and play the martyr role while contributing nothing.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
LZH
Banned

No offense but Im not here to enlighten you
But I thought that's what this thread is for - to enlghten and make a positive contribution??? You are even less helpful than your cheerleading buddy, Tom. I'll ask it again - WHO ELSE CAN UNLOCK THE TCU ?? It's a simple question....the fact that you refuse to answer speaks volumes about you and Tom's combined motivation with this farce of a thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thread for those Banned by MHP