Thread for those Banned by MHP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
And that Ladies and Gentlemen, is my graceful departure. Thanks for proving my point(s), Tom.
Why do I have this strange feeling he will be back here...angrier then ever?

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by MHP
They can only change minor variables (ie bump shift points), not a true TCU tune.
I've had an experience with a CL55 that shifted harder than my TH400. An otherwise stock (just Renntech ECU,TCU and pulley) CL55 trapped almost 119 with stock air filters and stock IC pump. I had to do a considerable amount of persuasion and reassure them that I am only going to run 100 octane and never mention that they are the ones that "opened it up fully". They have the ability to do so, but probably do not want to engage in warranty disputes or be responsible for parts that may fail. You have to keep in mind the typical customer and what they consider beneficial. A mild improvement with overall durability and warranty unaffected is what most people seek out. Me personally, I don't think I'm getting the most out of my car until I break something. But then again, many have said I should have my head examined...I just never got around to doing so....
Old 10-02-2008, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
From a RENNtech press release:

The last few years have seen a flood of 500 horsepower sedans almost pouring out of Germany from BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz. Earlier this month, however, representatives from Mercedes and AMG announced that the "horsepower wars" were over, saying that outright power would no longer be the "main focus" for future sports sedans.

This morning, RENNtech announced a new 'stage 3' tune for the 2008 65 series AMG models, which makes use of what RENNtech calls next-generation ECU software to get 695 hp and 890 lb-ft of torque from the AMG's twin-turbo V12.

''Power will always be important to many customers, especially torque.'' explains Hartmut Feyhl, RENNtech's president and ex technical director

of AMG North America. ''Our cars have always been able to make considerable torque, and have been praised in magazines for their drivability. Still, we are constantly trying to improve our product.''

Commitment to constant improvement is one reason RENNtech has become known as one of the world's premier tuning firms, and America's

foremost authority on Mercedes-Benz. RENNtech believes their new software will further cement that knowledge in the public mind. ''We now have two in-house engineers that are doing software full-time, and others that work with the software on a part-time or contract basis.

We are always looking for improvements. The latest software takes advantage of the increased power of the new engine computers, and offers a number of small improvements that add up to a big 'overall' improvement,'' Feyhl explains. "It really is that 'next-generation' sort of product that is much more advanced than what we were capable of offering before. Compared to earlier versions, our new software gives customers more power and better drivability in a way that is more reliable, smoother power curve, and even improves emissions and gas mileage.''

In addition to the software upgrades, RENNtech adds a larger intercooler pump and secondary heat exchanger, as well as a pair of carbon fiber airboxes to improve the flow of cool air into the big AMG's V12. The intercooler system upgrades reduce air intake temperatures by more than 20 degrees, delivering more consistent power compared to stock and allowing RENNtech to more safely increase boost throughout the rpm range.

RENNtech's stainless steel sport mufflers (also part of the new package) produce a deep, distinctive growl that is suitably aggressive for a high-end luxury car. Feyhl suggests that his mufflers ''let the car sound the way it is supposed to sound.''

With almost 900 lb-ft of torque available from the engine, RENNtech's upgrades deliver a real, noticeable improvement in terms power and acceleration compared to the already impressive performance of the stock 65 series AMG cars. MSRP for RENNtech's new performance PKG3 for 65 series AMG is $18,990 (plus installation). PKG365 is available for S65, CL65, and SL65 AMG. Contact RENNtech for more.

RENNtech is just so expensive....but they have the track record of producing some of the fastest/strongest V12TT's out there.

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
Me personally, I don't think I'm getting the most out of my car until I break something.
You sir are a true enthusiast. Here's a pic of a recent issue I had, so I think we're on the same page when it comes to using what we've got to it's fullest:
Attached Thumbnails Thread for those Banned by MHP-img00065.jpg  
Old 10-03-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
From LET Motorsports' website:

Custom Tuning by LET

LET Motorsports now offers in-house custom tuning and dyno-proven staged tunes for your late-model Mercedes-Benz !

-Increase your vehicle's performance with LET's Optimized Power Programming specifically matched to your combination!

Pricing:

C32, C55, CLK55, SRT6 $600
E55, CLS55, CL55, S55, SL55 $800
SL600, S600, CL600 $1200
SL65, S65, CL65 $1600
CLS63, CLK63, CL63, S63 $CALL
ALL NON-AMG CARS $CALL

If you don't see your car listed, please call. LET is eager to assist you with your tuning request.

- HP gains vary by application and combination. LET guarantees your satisfaction with our tuning products.

- You have 2 weeks to enjoy your newfound power risk-free. LET will return your ECU to its original state and refund your tuning fee if not completely satisfied.

This sounds alot more reasonable. I will see what they can do on the dyno and then off to the track on the following Monday.

I did talk to LET before...when I purchased my CM030 I/C pump. The transaction was so seamless I actually forgot that I dealt with them.

Tom
Old 10-03-2008, 12:03 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by LZH
You sir are a true enthusiast. Here's a pic of a recent issue I had, so I think we're on the same page when it comes to using what we've got to it's fullest:
Looks like a rod bolt gave out possibly from over revving? What car is that from?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:25 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Nice carnage!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Marko/Andy - It's actually from one of the 500EFI's in my boat. Happened a few weeks ago. Only thing left salvagable was the intake and heads. Apparently the oil cooler cracked and pumped all the oil out through the water system and out the exhaust. I saw the oil pressure gauge dump and it happened in a matter of seconds doing about 90+mph. It was a long ride home to say the least.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Tom,

Honest question here: you keep referring to LZH's "RAGE" and calling him Angry Acolyte (and other similar taunts at MHP) - do you actually believe your keyboard comes with a "make people angry" button? I mean, its 2008 - do you really think people get bent out of shape over some words on a screen any more?

I was just scratching my head thinking maybe it was just an act - you know, pretending that you're able to get someone's goat so you can laugh at them. "Hoo boy, that one was a real ZINGER!" This thread (okay, a lot of threads on here) reads like kids on a playground using "your mom is fat" level of insults, and it gets to the point where I can no longer tell who is just being silly ... and who actually thinks they are "winning".

Sorry for being confused.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Tom,

Honest question here: you keep referring to LZH's "RAGE" and calling him Angry Acolyte (and other similar taunts at MHP) - do you actually believe your keyboard comes with a "make people angry" button? I mean, its 2008 - do you really think people get bent out of shape over some words on a screen any more?

I was just scratching my head thinking maybe it was just an act - you know, pretending that you're able to get someone's goat so you can laugh at them. "Hoo boy, that one was a real ZINGER!" This thread (okay, a lot of threads on here) reads like kids on a playground using "your mom is fat" level of insults, and it gets to the point where I can no longer tell who is just being silly ... and who actually thinks they are "winning".

Sorry for being confused.

You are right....he is sad... sorry for the confusion...

Sorry...I shouldn't be dismissive like that...you asked a question in a serious manner and were actually polite about it. Here is my answer. I would have to say he is angry. Look at all the stuff he said about this thread...about me...about my car... basically I am evil incarnate because I am sarcastic (for the record I am...but check out the first line of his first post in this thread...and tell me if that isn't sarcasm....hey at least I admit it )..and that somehow the thread's view count is some sort of indicator for something... he periodically storms off saying he is leaving. Then he must read something in the thread...probably some injustice that he must right...and storms back in and tries to attack again...same things over and over again. It isn't like I am attacking him after he leaves. Do you think that type of person is a happy person?

You seem fair enough... go back and look at my posts with the dynos and other information... and see how they reacted. Was I directly bashing them in here before they mounted their attacks?

Tom

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 10-03-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by MHP
Nice carnage!
Although some here may claim they’ve never broken engine parts during their myriad tribulations for improved performance, that kind of isht can - and does - occur with some regularity if one is indeed forthright about his high performance endeavors.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by TMC M5
From LET Motorsports' website:

Custom Tuning by LET

LET Motorsports now offers in-house custom tuning and dyno-proven staged tunes for your late-model Mercedes-Benz !

-Increase your vehicle's performance with LET's Optimized Power Programming specifically matched to your combination!

Pricing:

C32, C55, CLK55, SRT6 $600
E55, CLS55, CL55, S55, SL55 $800
SL600, S600, CL600 $1200
SL65, S65, CL65 $1600
CLS63, CLK63, CL63, S63 $CALL
ALL NON-AMG CARS $CALL

If you don't see your car listed, please call. LET is eager to assist you with your tuning request.

- HP gains vary by application and combination. LET guarantees your satisfaction with our tuning products.

- You have 2 weeks to enjoy your newfound power risk-free. LET will return your ECU to its original state and refund your tuning fee if not completely satisfied.

This sounds alot more reasonable. I will see what they can do on the dyno and then off to the track on the following Monday.

I did talk to LET before...when I purchased my CM030 I/C pump. The transaction was so seamless I actually forgot that I dealt with them.

Tom
Once again great info Tom! Do you have a link to there website? any rwhp rwto gains to expect for 600/65 applications?

Also how's the CM030 I/C pump working for you? Do you notice any less heat soaking? I live in SB, CA. & after my warranty repair of both I/C & pump I can beat the damn thing pretty hard w/out noticable heat soak, ie 5+ back to back full thrtl assaults feels just as strong as the 1st.

I know it must be cooling better than stk pump though..
Old 10-03-2008, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Here you go:

http://www.letmotorsports.com/

On a side note, Jerry and Erick have helped me out with countless things/questions, and I haven't even bought anything form them, yet

Good guys, that are REALLY didicated/helpful people.

See yeah
Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I am getting dyno tuned by LET next saturday and going to the MIR rental the following monday as well.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Thericker
Once again great info Tom! Do you have a link to there website? any rwhp rwto gains to expect for 600/65 applications?

Also how's the CM030 I/C pump working for you? Do you notice any less heat soaking? I live in SB, CA. & after my warranty repair of both I/C & pump I can beat the damn thing pretty hard w/out noticable heat soak, ie 5+ back to back full thrtl assaults feels just as strong as the 1st.

I know it must be cooling better than stk pump though..
Ricker:

Not entirely sure what to expect as far as hp/tq #'s...but with the car right there on the dyno I will have before and after #'s.

My I/C pump works great. The car definitely doesn't suffer as much in terms of diminished performance. We were able to diagnose the bad factory I/C pump by the super high IATS while datalogging. When the CM030 was installed the IATS dropped dramatically. The weather is finally cooling down over here and the car feels even stronger...got to love that cool...crisp air!

Tom
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
You are right....he is sad... sorry for the confusion...

Sorry...I shouldn't be dismissive like that...you asked a question in a serious manner and were actually polite about it. Here is my answer. I would have to say he is angry. Look at all the stuff he said about this thread...about me...about my car... basically I am evil incarnate because I am sarcastic (for the record I am...but check out the first line of his first post in this thread...and tell me if that isn't sarcasm....hey at least I admit it )..and that somehow the thread's view count is some sort of indicator for something... he periodically storms off saying he is leaving. Then he must read something in the thread...probably some injustice that he must right...and storms back in and tries to attack again...same things over and over again. It isn't like I am attacking him after he leaves. Do you think that type of person is a happy person?

You seem fair enough... go back and look at my posts with the dynos and other information... and see how they reacted. Was I directly bashing them in here before they mounted their attacks?

Tom

Tom
Honestly, I don't really care who started with the bashing/insulting/whatever - that's purely perception and is individual. My point was really a) no one seems mad to me and I can't imagine anyone pounding their keyboard in frustration over this, and b) this is really 5th grade levels of argument which makes you all seem like kids. I don't think that was your intent, so I was just giving you my thoughts as an impartial bystander.

Its totally up to you all if you want to go on in this fashion, I just thought you might want to know you don't seem any more mature than anyone else in the thread so far - again, which I didn't think was your intent. Anyhow, don't mind me, I'm JAFO.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
My point was really a) no one seems mad to me and I can't imagine anyone pounding their keyboard in frustration over this, and b) this is really 5th grade levels of argument which makes you all seem like kids. I don't think that was your intent, so I was just giving you my thoughts as an impartial bystander.
I'll give Tom a C- for maturity (I'm at the D- level) but an A+ for entertaining content.

That places him as a solid B performer and well ahead of most of the lame and ineffectual content that gets posted on this board.

Andy is a big boy. He knows that scrutiny comes with the territory.

Carry on!!

Last edited by Rock; 10-03-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Rock
I'll give Tom a C- for maturity (I'm at the D-level) but an A+ for entertaining content.

That places him as a solid B performer and well ahead of most of lame and ineffectual content that gets posted on this board.

Andy is a big boy. He know that scrutiny comes with the territory.

Carry on!!
Rock:

LOL... are you grading on a curve and can I do some extra credit to boost my grade?

Tom
Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Strippers are his apple.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Honestly, I don't really care who started with the bashing/insulting/whatever - that's purely perception and is individual. My point was really a) no one seems mad to me and I can't imagine anyone pounding their keyboard in frustration over this, and b) this is really 5th grade levels of argument which makes you all seem like kids. I don't think that was your intent, so I was just giving you my thoughts as an impartial bystander.

Its totally up to you all if you want to go on in this fashion, I just thought you might want to know you don't seem any more mature than anyone else in the thread so far - again, which I didn't think was your intent. Anyhow, don't mind me, I'm JAFO.
Fair enough.... hey I respond and post things based on the moment... no real "strategic" intent. So if a post comes off as immature... than maybe I was at that moment. In life there are so many incidents and challenges that you are required to be mature...for your sake...your family's sake....your friends' sake...your Country's sake ...etc. But honestly....this thread..this site (unless it is your livelihood) isn't one of those times where we should shackle ourselves with some sort of standard concept of maturity (at least that is how I feel...you may feel differently). I am sure others use this site in a similar way....then again I am sure others never devolve into such "childish" and "immature" behavior. To each his (or her) own....

Tom
Old 10-03-2008, 11:40 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by LZH
Marko/Andy - It's actually from one of the 500EFI's in my boat. Happened a few weeks ago. Only thing left salvagable was the intake and heads. Apparently the oil cooler cracked and pumped all the oil out through the water system and out the exhaust. I saw the oil pressure gauge dump and it happened in a matter of seconds doing about 90+mph. It was a long ride home to say the least.
Ouch...sorry to hear.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser

are you grading on a curve and can I do some extra credit to boost my grade?
I don't like where this is heading. (damn, now I need to grow up)

gravedgr- your username could be construed as immature but I wouldn't label you so simply because of that. Same thing with Tom; he's having fun here but at the same time stimulating discussion about tuners and who have a proven history and their chances of helping fellow members achieve faster times.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Strippers are his apple.

If Rock is coming to MIR...I may have to get him his "apples" then...

Tom
Old 10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Did Andy ever tell us why he and MHP are the only ones in the wide wide world of MB tuning who are able to perform tunes to their level of performance and durability? Just wondering why Kleemann, RENNtech, and the others are so stupid.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

you're right, it is childish and i'm not a fan either...but it is quite funny to see lzh get a dose of his own medicine and watch him cringe as he has to swallow it and lose more of the minimal credibility he had with each spoonful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thread for those Banned by MHP