Couple runs with a gtr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Couple runs with a gtr

this is a repost from the cls amg side of the forum. i thought id post it here since theres much more activity and people into modding and seeing how their cars perform. i always forget that theres tons more info here. im just hoping to see how any others have done against it.

i did a couple runs with a gtr on the weekend.
first attempt he had a better launch and got a slight jump and i ended up about 1 or 2 car lengths behind. on the second attempt i had the better launch and it was closer. my nose was in between his front and rear tires.
keep in mind that he didnt use his launch control feature. i think it would void his warranty or something.

i wasnt expecting to win but im happy that i didnt lose too badly. also the stretch of road wasnt too long, definitely less than a 1/4 mile. he didnt seem to be pulling away from me so i wonder how it would be if we had more road to play with. i was also on some my 20" chrome rims at the time, im sure that did not help me too much. my car has kleeman k1 kit and renntech headers so far. i cant wait to get the 80mm throttle body and a retune!
also spanked an isf and a modded 335. it wasnt even close!

anyways have any of you guys gone up against one? i wonder what other mods are needed to be able to beat one of these things.

Last edited by jikjak; 10-20-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
nice runs . beware, the lc with the gtr looks insane!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by jikjak
this is a repost from the cls amg side of the forum. i thought id post it here since theres much more activity and people into modding and seeing how their cars perform. i always forget that theres tons more info here. im just hoping to see how any others have done against it.

first attempt he had a better launch and got a slight jump and i ended up about 1 or 2 car lengths behind. on the second attempt i had the better launch and it was closer. my nose was in between his front and rear tires.
keep in mind that he didnt use his launch control feature. i think it would void his warranty or something.

i wasnt expecting to win but im happy that i didnt lose too badly. also the stretch of road wasnt too long, definitely less than a 1/4 mile. he didnt seem to be pulling away from me so i wonder how it would be if we had more road to play with. i was also on some my 20" chrome rims at the time, im sure that did not help me too much. my car has kleeman k1 kit and renntech headers so far. i cant wait to get the 80mm throttle body and a retune!

anyways have any of you guys gone up against one? i wonder what other mods are needed to be able to beat one of these things.
So yer running a stage 2 in yer car and you were inbetween his front and rear tires...hmmmm

I can't wait to catch one on soon...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
well its not a proper stage 2 and i had a better launch than him on that second run. the headers were bolted in after having the k1 kit on there for a while and i havent retuned the car to accomodate the headers. im planning to get the 80mm throttlebody and then custom tune. but i think it would be very close with a rolling start!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
well its not a proper stage 2 and i had a better launch than him on that second run. the headers were bolted in after having the k1 kit on there for a while and i havent retuned the car to accomodate the headers. im planning to get the 80mm throttlebody and then custom tune. but i think it would be very close with a rolling start!
Ahhhh. So you are running a Stage 2 with stage 1 software. I'm sure your car will be a completely different beast after the TB and the retune altogether! Look forward to the result!

BTW

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? If it's close, I'd like a go with a GT-R alongside ya...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
im located in BC canada, i guess im a lil far from ya hehe
Old 10-21-2008, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you actually have stage 2... except your missing the larger HE and tune.. I'm not sure the TB will make the big difference here.

I would definitely do the HE next.

any chance you video the 335 beating.. cuz most of the videos we see are n54's beatin' up on e55's with failing IC pumps or running pulley without tuning.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
what is an HE and who makes them? anymore info on that?

i dont have any videos but ill try and take some the next time we do more runs.
even with a failing ic pump i was still able to beat him earlier in the summer, but it was really close.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
a HE is a heat exchanger....

it is a NECESSARY mod!!!!

you will notice a large difference instantly!

..... if you need a tune, go with LET.... they will retune your car free of charge after every mod!!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
would that be this mod?
http://vrptuning.com/cart/index.php?...products_id=16

i was thinking about going with vrp but ill look into let as well.
thanks!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 biturbo
Me and my friend's fully modded CLS55s have tried several runs agains various GTRs before. A modded CLS55 can take a stock GTR without launch control. However, once the GTR is modded, the CLS55 would be able to get the jump on the GTR but after 1 or 2 gearshifts, the GTR would be pulling away quite easily, especially after 4th gear.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
oh wow thats pretty good! ill have to try again and work on my launch.
so what kind of mods did these 55s have?
Old 10-22-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 biturbo
My mods are listed in my sig below while my friend has the full MKB package.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Cool run...I like to know this stuff since I eventually want to get a CLS55.