Sponsored by:

MY VRP SET-UP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
MY VRP SET-UP

Well Everyone...My patience has paid off yielding a full fledged monster VRP Style!!!!!
BIG THANKS TO VADIM FOR HIS PERSITANCE AND ALSO LONING ME HIS S600 TANK

Just a quick rundown for everyone. I previously had an existing tune on my car from the previous owner which was a Kleemann tune. I added an ASP Pulley and VRP's original shorty headers. I made 452whp with this setup.

3 Months later.......

I have gone full fledged VRP.
I have changed to VRP's new pulley design, I have swapped my old shorty headers with the new design and changed my tune to powerchip / VRP.
Vadim will have to chime in and hopefully post the dyno from today. My car made somewhere around 477whp.

My reasoning for switching from ASP was I just didn't feel that confident with it. I know many run an ASP pulley with Zero problem so I will leave that topic for another time.

With my old set-up I ran a 12.32 at LV Motor Speedway. I will try and make it out to another track day somewhere (CA or NV) and see how she does.

Thanks for listning.

p.s. I forgot to mention, I am even getting better MPG.....or at least I was before the foot hit the firewall.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Question

Originally Posted by Roseylv
Well Everyone...My patience has paid off yielding a full fledged monster VRP Style!!!!!
BIG THANKS TO VADIM FOR HIS PERSITANCE AND ALSO LONING ME HIS S600 TANK

Just a quick rundown for everyone. I previously had an existing tune on my car from the previous owner which was a Kleemann tune. I added an ASP Pulley and VRP's original shorty headers. I made 452whp with this setup.

3 Months later.......

I have gone full fledged VRP.
I have changed to VRP's new pulley design, I have swapped my old shorty headers with the new design and changed my tune to powerchip / VRP.
Vadim will have to chime in and hopefully post the dyno from today. My car made somewhere around 477whp.

My reasoning for switching from ASP was I just didn't feel that confident with it. I know many run an ASP pulley with Zero problem so I will leave that topic for another time.

With my old set-up I ran a 12.32 at LV Motor Speedway. I will try and make it out to another track day somewhere (CA or NV) and see how she does.

Thanks for listning.

p.s. I forgot to mention, I am even getting better MPG.....or at least I was before the foot hit the firewall.
I'm assuming the headers don't give you anything, right? I ask because with a VRP tune/pulley/filters, I'm sitting at 468hp.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
.........I'm a numbers guy. question that I and I'm sure others have is why no VRP 1/4 mile and trap speed numbers that are competitive with those from other tuners? I'm sure it is just a matter of time, but those of you who have VRP modified cars should take the cars to the drag strip and come back with numbers that match the hyperbole. This will help solidify the VRP mark. Right now there is a big disconnect between these big horsepower figures and the acceleration stats.

Ted
Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.........I'm a numbers guy. question that I and I'm sure others have is why no VRP 1/4 mile and trap speed numbers that are competitive with those from other tuners? I'm sure it is just a matter of time, but those of you who have VRP modified cars should take the cars to the drag strip and come back with numbers that match the hyperbole. This will help solidify the VRP mark. Right now there is a big disconnect between these big horsepower figures and the acceleration stats.

Ted
I agree with Ted, lets see some 1/4 mile numbers
Old 10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly

Ted
Here ya go:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...2348&highlight=

and

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...2384&highlight=

I'm still waiting to see one of Victors car trap at over 123mph. I remember he posted about one that ran the traps @ 128 but it was concluded that the slip was bogus (inaccurate, may be a better word). I hope his cars are a step above other tuners in terms of speed but that has yet to be proven.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55

Ted
Here's another fairly direct comparison. Same track, different days but somewhat similar weather (DA = -487 on Mike's run, +161 on mine).

Mike's Sl55:
11.862 @ 119.34

Kleemann pulley
Kleemann ecu tune
Kleemann long tube headers
VRP 80 mm tb
VRP camshafts
Street tires

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-13846.html
My SL55:
11.960 @ 120.02

VRP pulley
VRP ecu tune
Evosport shorty headers
VRP 80 mm tb
SLR camshafts
Street tires

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-13186.html
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Firstly, Evan... CONGRATS! I hope you are enjoying the new found power!!

With respect to the 1/4mile times and the performance...

The white E55 that has the VR675 did trap 128mph @ Montreal track. He has repeatedly run against other 55 cars and obliterated them. He hasnt taken it to any other track, but that is where he runs all his cars so he is happy with what it is running and isn't interested in proving anything more.. He has offered to let me take it anywhere I want to run it or test it, but I just haven't made it back to Montreal to do anything so far.

Nate's car is a custom tune job.. he has added a bunch of parts to the car and we were trying to get him a tune that works .. he trapped low because he still has some torque limit issues... at 5,000RPM the A/F dives down to 10:1 and the car cuts power which is why its falling on its face up top.. The ECU is back in our hands and we are making adjustments.

Fleebee's car had a bad MAP sensor which was causing repeated CELs. It took us a while to find the problem but since putting in a brand new MAP sensor the car has not thrown any CELs and seems to be running stronger.. I am sure he will be heading back to the track now that the car is healthy.

Even JakPro's VR700 had to have the MAP sensor replaced. Hopefully he gets a chance to run it down the 1/4mile and see what it can do.

Jim's SL55 has run 11.9 @ 120mph with VR600.

Unfortunately we don't have anyone on the board that participates in regular track events to be able to post up the outcomes.

We just retuned Marcus' car and switched it over from the LET software to ours. He will be heading to the track and posting the info. His car is a 2005 with basic pulley + ECU + a front mount H/E that was custom made for him. He is an avid drag racer and enthusiast so he will have some feedback for us.

There alot more customer cars that are being completed so I am sure you will see more and more feedback in the coming months.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:38 AM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Originally Posted by vrus
Firstly, Evan... CONGRATS! I hope you are enjoying the new found power!!

With respect to the 1/4mile times and the performance...

The white E55 that has the VR675 did trap 128mph @ Montreal track. He has repeatedly run against other 55 cars and obliterated them. He hasnt taken it to any other track, but that is where he runs all his cars so he is happy with what it is running and isn't interested in proving anything more.. He has offered to let me take it anywhere I want to run it or test it, but I just haven't made it back to Montreal to do anything so far.

Nate's car is a custom tune job.. he has added a bunch of parts to the car and we were trying to get him a tune that works .. he trapped low because he still has some torque limit issues... at 5,000RPM the A/F dives down to 10:1 and the car cuts power which is why its falling on its face up top.. The ECU is back in our hands and we are making adjustments.

Fleebee's car had a bad MAP sensor which was causing repeated CELs. It took us a while to find the problem but since putting in a brand new MAP sensor the car has not thrown any CELs and seems to be running stronger.. I am sure he will be heading back to the track now that the car is healthy.

Even JakPro's VR700 had to have the MAP sensor replaced. Hopefully he gets a chance to run it down the 1/4mile and see what it can do.

Jim's SL55 has run 11.9 @ 120mph with VR600.

Unfortunately we don't have anyone on the board that participates in regular track events to be able to post up the outcomes.

We just retuned Marcus' car and switched it over from the LET software to ours. He will be heading to the track and posting the info. His car is a 2005 with basic pulley + ECU + a front mount H/E that was custom made for him. He is an avid drag racer and enthusiast so he will have some feedback for us.

There alot more customer cars that are being completed so I am sure you will see more and more feedback in the coming months.
Hey Victor,

Should be going heads up again with Lee tomorrow or next week if the weather holds up. Should be a great time for all. I didn't realize he had the CEL issue taken care off. I remember it still being an issue for emissions or something.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 751 Likes on 732 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
nicely modded!
i too need VRP mods soon...
Old 10-21-2008, 12:42 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt

Ted
Ted,
I too can appreciate solid 1/4 mile #'s. I will try and make it to the track by the end of the month. I am going to be taking the rest of October off from work so I will see what tracks have test n tune days available. I think Famoso is available to the public Nov. 1st. Stay tuned.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
I'm assuming the headers don't give you anything, right? I ask because with a VRP tune/pulley/filters, I'm sitting at 468hp.
I'm not sure exactly what kind of power was delivered from the headers alone although my car certainly has a nice top end where the headers do come into play.

I will let Vadim Chime in a little
Old 10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
We just retuned Marcus' car and switched it over from the LET software to ours...
That is 100% incorrect.

He was returned back to stock after the first VRP pulley he had on wobbled terribly.

Let's please stick to the facts.

Last edited by ChicagoX; 10-21-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: calling for reason
Old 10-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350

Thanks Roseylv!

I was expecting around 480, but we are very close to other cars with similar mods. 80 mm TB will put it over 500RWHP.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Ted
Point taken and I agree that VRP could have helped get the word out. One excuse I will give them is location. SoCal is no place to set land speed records. This explains some of the banter we have had lately.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Point taken and I agree that VRP could have helped get the word out. One excuse I will give them is location. SoCal is no place to set land speed records. This explains some of the banter we have had lately.
I agree... There aren't as many fast tracks out here as the right coasters.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:55 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Jangy,
Do you know of any track events coming up in So Cal over the next week or so? I would love to hit the track!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:33 PM

2005 E55
I hope to have some numbers soon also with the VRP600 package. My ecu was tuned for the VRP600 package which is currently in my car but still have yet to install my 80mm TB and shorty headers from VRP which just arrived last week. Hopefully I can get them both done over the weekend and then run it the following weekend. Wish I didn't travel during the week for work...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Roseylv
Jangy,
Do you know of any track events coming up in So Cal over the next week or so? I would love to hit the track!!!!!!!!
I hate to disappoint you, but the only thing is a test and tune. There are also 1/8th mile ones. Why i say it negative is that these venues nor the coast are very condusive to good numbers. It is all relative. Line up side by side and the winner is faster. if the loser happens to be a C6 Z06, then it is all the better.

Let me save you some pain. Ed's E55 is the fastest SoCal (and maybe Cali) E55. Race him and see how you hold up. I have been racing that car since the git and I literally see the gains. That car hauls NUTS!!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Let me save you some pain. Ed's E55 is the fastest SoCal (and maybe Cali) E55. Race him and see how you hold up. I have been racing that car since the git and I literally see the gains. That car hauls NUTS!!
I'm glad to know that I picked one of the fastest E55's in socal (if not THE fastest) to aim for...I just have to top Ed's car IF I can...
Old 10-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I'm glad to know that I picked one of the fastest E55's in socal (if not THE fastest) to aim for...I just have to top Ed's car IF I can...
It is easily the fastest in SoCal and I have been chasing it since Vic had it. Trust me. Beat that car and you will be a monster against the others. Rumor says there is a spray nozzle in it.......

If anyone knows of a faster E55 in SoCal, speak up so we can discuss.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Whos Ed?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 751 Likes on 732 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
Whos Ed?
blue monster
Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You had better put that pocorn on ice, cause this won't be a long thread. I can't think of a time when the Silver Bullet wasn't the fastest at any meet, and I've raced it with multiple drivers. The car FLIES!!!! If I don't get him with cooling I'm getting an EVO pulley and cooling.