Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Andy0331
This is true, but it certainly isn't a case of all mods having the potential to do equal damage. The guy who throws headers on his car or an upgraded cooling system isn't putting equal strain as the guy who adds more boost, or changes the ECU.

You like to push the limits of your car.. great! Not everyone wants to push the envelope all the way. What MHP doesn't seem to put out there in his posts (although I'm sure he understands it) is that there are many versions of "best". What is best for you (max performance) might not be the same as best for a daily driver (increased performance, with more reliability or safety built in).

If all Andy is currently dealing with (at least as advertised in these forums) is ECU & TCU software. There is certainly a limit on what you can do with software and the closer to the edge you get, the higher the risk of damage to your car. Damage can be instant or it can just be a reduced lifespan of the engine.

Me personally, I enjoy "mild". I'd rather do several "small" mods, than one extreme one. Reliablilty is a factor, the higher the performance, the lower the reliabilty... I'm not saying that MHP is blowing engines, I'm saying that they are wearing them faster, or running closer to the edge than many prefer. When people question anything about his stuff, he blows up into a huge internet douche & just has to keep putting his 0.02 in. Every thread that mentions MHP is suddenly "his" thread. Guess what, the beginning of this thread had just as much to do with VRP as it did MHP. Andy is just a tad obsessive/possessive of his status as "tuning god" and thinks that being a sponsor gives rights to do as he pleases.

I'm not blaming him for the downfall of this forum, but he is a contributer with his generally hostile attitude.
I cannot even begin to comment on how blatantly wrong many of the statements (esp the one in bold) made above are.
I'm not sure what you do for a living but it's obviously not automotive performance related (not trying to be an *** just state a fact).
Our tuning is as safe or safer (due to the fact we mate the control units together) than other tuners on the market. We've NEVER lost an engine of any kind, and I know from reading others posts in these forums that many "respected" benz tuners have lost multiple ones already.

Jim's engine is making significantly more power than it was before we tuned it, but it's still a stock longblock and WELL within SAFE limits.

Since it's clear you know nothing about our tuning and are simply making (false) assumptions please try to limit your comments to those things you have practical/factual experience with. Our tuning not being one of them.

Again not trying to be an ***, but saying we're pushing the limits and wearing down engines is flat out wrong.

A person can really only deal with so much ignorance--instead of blaming me for going off and putting my .02 in check into the BS I have to reply to...

Last edited by MHP; 10-27-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by indyjoe
That's my point. Some people push the edge, and if something breaks then they replace it. Others wait to see how the product holds up over time. I'm part of the wait and see crowd, but I appreciate and applaud those that experiment and push the envelope.
Guys, we're tuning a N/A stock longblock with A/Fs in the 11s and 12s. The phrase "Pushing the limits" simply does not apply.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
Actually I laughed and thought it was a good one.
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
+1 I was thinking the same thing when i read his posts...
LoL with Ahmad, not at.
Glad some people though it was funny
Originally Posted by Rock
Haha...........Ahmad, funniest post I've ever seen from you.

Wow, a scientist with a sense of humor. Go figure.
Thanks. I'm not your typical scientist. Noone believes me when I tell them what I do lol Would you picture a scientist driving the car in my sig? I'M MAD I TELL YOU!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks. I'm not your typical scientist. Noone believes me when I tell them what I do lol Would you picture a scientist driving the car in my sig? I'M MAD I TELL YOU!!!
Ahmad with his assistant.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by sack5000
Amazing that you posted a spelling correction, simply amazing coming from someone that has absolutely hacked the English language for the last several years since I have been reading posts here. Hey, I'm only kidding you 'bro.
Trust me I couldnt even come close to spelling it right. Like I said I had to look at the box. Thank god this isnt a spelling bee contest
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 PM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Originally Posted by MHP
IAgain not trying to be an ***, but saying we're pushing the limits and wearing down engines is flat out wrong.
Nope, I'm not a tuner. Matter of fact I haven't opened up an engine or "gasp" carb in about 18 years. Last vehicle I worked on was a 78 Ford Bronco with a Lincoln 460, my automotive knowledge is archaic & rusty.

I disagree with your discarding my statement out of hand though. An engine wears itself down over time, regardless of tune & power. The higher the performance, the higher the wear. There are ways to slow the process down, but to make an engine physically stronger, you need to change out internals. If you've got the magic potion, maybe you should market your stuff direct to AMG, faster, stronger safer? Hell, save them some warranty work in the future.

Originally Posted by MHP
A person can really only deal with so much ignorance--instead of blaming me for going off and putting my .02 in check into the BS I have to reply to...
How's this for a news flash? You don't have to reply to everything! You're supposed to be a great guy in person, but online you have a King Kong sized ego & epeen.

Your experience may tell you that I'm not a serious buyer of your products... maybe/maybe not. I'd love to have something stronger & safer than my fairly mild Kleemann tune, but I'm not interested in being on the "cutting edge" with my daily driver, I want a proven tune for my 55. Your tune doesn't have the sheer number of miles on it to be proven to me. On top of that, your attitude just sucks; you simply love to strut your automotive knowledge & excellence to everyone and are more than happy to talk down to everyone who you deem inferior to you. You post as if your sponsor status on this site lets you run it & trash as many other products as you please.

If you've been lurking as long as you say you have, you will notice that the post quality has gone down substantially. I know that with 2000 posts in a few months your signal to noise ratio should be adjusted.. you have nothing productive to say half the time. It sucks to have to cull through a ton of BS in a post with you going back & forth on a topic you inserted yourself into.... and to top that off, now I'm part of the problem too... except that I'll shut up now & leave you to your whinefest.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
you simply love to strut your automotive knowledge & excellence to everyone and are more than happy to talk down to everyone who you deem inferior to you. You post as if your sponsor status on this site lets you run it & trash as many other products as you please.
LOL - you're kidding right ?? Remember, this is an automotive forum for enthusiasts.....would you prefer the knowledgable people here not say anything and we can leave it up to the uninformed guys like yourself to educate us about carbs ???
And furthermore, I challange you to find a post where Andy has openly and out of the blue "trashed" another product. If you don't like Andys responses, then perhaps you should stop questioning someone or commenting about a topic which have already admitted to have little knowledge of. Sure, he acts like a know it all and is in your face....but he backs it up without breaking the rules - otherwise he would have been banned already. If you want to take a swing, then you better do better than "your attitude just sucks".
Last time I checked, having a good attitude is not a prerequisite for posting here.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by LZH
Guess it's just a sign of the times - all things change and/or evolve/devolve - nothing remains static forever. If you don't like it then perhaps you should go somewhere else or start your own forum and limit free speech.
hmm...so opinions are no longer welcome huh? i shouldn't expect any different from someone that's an inherent part of the problem.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
I've been lurking for years.
lol...yeah, sure!

Originally Posted by MHP
...Jim's engine is making significantly more power than it was before we tuned it...
i'm not going to say otherwise but can you tell me how you know this (and please don't say jim's butt dyno)???
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i'm not going to say otherwise but can you tell me how you know this (and please don't say jim's butt dyno)???
Call it a hunch.

First dyno #s (since I know you love them so much at least they're from the same dyno) vs a Renntech 63 tune arrive at 1:30pm today.

Jim will be dynoing his CLK BS later this week as well.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
Call it a hunch.
how about, no more hunches...just facts.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:20 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Nope, I'm not a tuner. Matter of fact I haven't opened up an engine or "gasp" carb in about 18 years. Last vehicle I worked on was a 78 Ford Bronco with a Lincoln 460, my automotive knowledge is archaic & rusty.
Agreed.

I disagree with your discarding my statement out of hand though. An engine wears itself down over time, regardless of tune & power. The higher the performance, the higher the wear. There are ways to slow the process down, but to make an engine physically stronger, you need to change out internals. If you've got the magic potion, maybe you should market your stuff direct to AMG, faster, stronger safer? Hell, save them some warranty work in the future.
Again, we're not talking about slapping on a power adder or spinning the motor to 8k. We're talking about stock longblock N/A tunes with verified (by myself and others) A/F ratios in the 11s/12s (yes we can squeeze a good bit more out of them running leaner and adding a bit more timing as any 63 tuner will tell you). Safe A/Fs and timing tables are 2/3 the battle, the other 1/3 being rpm...
Among the vast collection of OEM 63 parts I've purchased were a stock piston and con rod (cost me $1600 LOL!) and a few sets of complete assembled heads. After viewing the springs/VT and rotating assembly (less the forged crank which no one can get their hands on at this point, but face it they aren't going to skimp there) I can say with certainty that going to 7400rpm won't hurt a thing. Our 63 v1 and v2 tuning had shift points set at 7100rpm in comfort/sport, and 7400 in manual.
So please tell me where exactly you're getting this info regarding our tunes being on the cutting edge/pushing the envelope etc? The fact is we make more power and do it in a safer manner than anyone else.
You can call me an ******* all day long but please don't comment about how safe our tuning is, because in all honesty you'd probably be the last one to know.

How's this for a news flash? You don't have to reply to everything! You're supposed to be a great guy in person, but online you have a King Kong sized ego & epeen.
No ego, just confidence in a rock solid product combined with practical knowledge and experience, paired with world class builders/fabricators and tuners.

Your experience may tell you that I'm not a serious buyer of your products... maybe/maybe not. I'd love to have something stronger & safer than my fairly mild Kleemann tune, but I'm not interested in being on the "cutting edge" with my daily driver, I want a proven tune for my 55. Your tune doesn't have the sheer number of miles on it to be proven to me.
I can tell you right now that our tuning is safer and stronger than what you're presently running. We wouldn't release a product that was on the cutting edge unless a customer explicitly asked for it, and he/she signed a liability waiver, end of story.
As for your mileage limitation, to each his own.

On top of that, your attitude just sucks; you simply love to strut your automotive knowledge & excellence to everyone and are more than happy to talk down to everyone who you deem inferior to you. You post as if your sponsor status on this site lets you run it & trash as many other products as you please.
Part blessing, part curse. I'm an overly honest person, if you ask me a question I'll always give a straight answer. Ask my customers for further proof of this.

If you've been lurking as long as you say you have, you will notice that the post quality has gone down substantially. I know that with 2000 posts in a few months your signal to noise ratio should be adjusted.. you have nothing productive to say half the time. It sucks to have to cull through a ton of BS in a post with you going back & forth on a topic you inserted yourself into.... and to top that off, now I'm part of the problem too... except that I'll shut up now & leave you to your whinefest.
I do not mean this as a jab but I really think I've probably posted more real tech and contributed more time/energy/data/R&D and capital towards advancing 63/AMG performance in the few mos I've been a registered sponsor/member here than you have in your lifetime.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:23 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Let's sit back and watch the data roll in.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:32 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
hmm...so opinions are no longer welcome huh? i shouldn't expect any different from someone that's an inherent part of the problem.
Opinions are always welcome, but you know what they say about opinions and Aholes. And saying:

unfortunately now we're just another b*tch fest like all the rest. sad!
...is not really an opinion but more of a statement that only furthers the problem you seek in vein to reverse. So like I said - if you don't like the atmosphere here then quit YOUR b!tching and go somewhere else.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:39 AM
LZH
Banned

Wouldn't Andy's "hunch" be considered an opinion as well ? I thought all opinions are welcome here....
Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Yawn...... homie still thinks that if he's got a solid product, people will flock to him. Not so if you've got a poor attitude.

This thread was started by a well respected member in hopes to showcase two different tunes.

What it was not meant to be, was for MHP to start flapping his lips again and again and again.

At this point, this thread has accomplished the following:

1) Shown that VRP tune is working.
2) Has not shown that the MHP tune is working.
3) Shown that MHP's head honcho is just a thug in a businessman's suit.
4) MHP has no fans.

Again, I predict MHP's demise to be similar to HPS'. Andy, Adam, MHP, HPS... too many similarities lol.

With that said, had I had mod powers, I would've locked this thread.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Wouldn't Andy's "hunch" be considered an opinion as well?...
no. (didn't we already talk about you discussing the topic instead of twisting what's actually been said to fit your argument?) go back and read the thread. andy's comment wasn't stated as opinion...it was stated as fact. now his statement may end up being true, but the "facts" still aren't in since jim hasn't gone to the dyno and wasn't able to run andy's tune due to some sort of ecu failure. those are the facts. the rest is just as andy subsequently stated...a hunch.

Last edited by chiromikey; 10-28-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:31 AM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Originally Posted by MHP
snip>
We're talking about stock longblock N/A tunes with verified (by myself and others) A/F ratios in the 11s/12s (yes we can squeeze a good bit more out of them running leaner and adding a bit more timing as any 63 tuner will tell you). <snip>

I do not mean this as a jab but I really think I've probably posted more real tech and contributed more time/energy/data/R&D and capital towards advancing 63/AMG performance in the few mos I've been a registered sponsor/member here than you have in your lifetime.
Aside from your comments directed at me, which weren't particularly insulting, all you're talking about is your 63 tuning. Well, this is a thread about 55 tuning. No one has argued your ability to tune a 63 past what others have offered, it's a "new" platform & the "regular" Benz tuners certainly haven't dedicated much to it. You have... most likely because you own one yourself.

And for your comment at the end, all your "real tech" contributions compared to mine are irrelevant. This is an enthusiasts forum, not YOUR forum. There should be room for both of us; matter of fact, without the enthusiasts, you have no business. You elbow your way into damn near every tuning post there is & turn it into a flame fest. It's not all your fault, but you're sure to toss gasoline on the fire every time.

On another note, not purposely directed at Andy/MHP, but since LHZ wants to chime in:

LHZ,
You're a fan, you praise all the stuff MHP has done... cool.. I'm surprised you have no skepticism? Do you take everything at face value as long as it's what you want to hear? You jumped on in on Tom's (TMC M5) thread & dumped all over him as he made a post about other tuners... what gives? As far as I've seen in your posts you don't have any MHP stuff yet. One would think you'd be a little less aggressive defending new tuners after your experience with 110 motoring no? Are we to believe you haven't been taken before? How much did that scumbag take you for, or is it still in litigation? (Not directed at MHP, but at new, "flavor of the month" tuners in general)

I shall fight the urge to post in these "flame threads" again. Either of you can happily get the last word. I come to these boards for fun, knowledge & community, much of which is going away.

Even if I'm not the master tuner/mechanic that you seem to think I need to be to post here; I'm an enthusiast. Because of this forum I've spent around $15k in mods of varying types. Some went to sponsors, some went to forum members, but all of it came through what I've learned here. It's not the most money in the world, it's pretty small compared to what many others here have spent, but it's still money that every vendor wants & needs to stay in business. If I feel this way about what's happening on these boards; I know I'm not alone.

Flame on, I'm out!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 AM
LZH
Banned

no. (didn't we already talk about you discussing the topic instead of twisting what's actually been said to fit your argument?) go back and read the thread. andy's comment wasn't stated as opinion...it was stated as fact. now his statement may end up being true, but the "facts" still aren't in since jim hasn't gone to the dyno and wasn't able to run andy's tune due to some sort of ecu failure. those are the facts. the rest is just as andy subsequently stated...a hunch.
Originally Posted by MHP
Jim's engine is making significantly more power than it was before we tuned it
sure, it was a statement, of fact...semantics ?? Sure, hunch, opinion...call it what u want but when the results are in what will u have left ??? LOL - ahhhhh change....how sweet the smell.
I don't run his tune yet, becasue I'm just a cheerleader, remember ? But I guess the more important question is....when his 55 and 63 tunes ALONE beat everything else on the market...what will u run??? LOL....thought so.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Yawn...... homie still thinks that if he's got a solid product, people will flock to him. Not so if you've got a poor attitude.
According to you, our month to date sales say otherwise. Not sure what else to tell you.

This thread was started by a well respected member in hopes to showcase two different tunes.
Yep, unfortunatley due to a ECU hardware failure it didn't happen as planned. I just ordered Jim a brand new ECU which we will reflash asap and ship back to him for a dyno comparison test at his leisure.

At this point, this thread has accomplished the following:
Aside from proving you're a VRP fanboy...

1) Shown that VRP tune is working.
What was Jim's best run, 11.8@118 (on a 1.8 60') with a 700hp package at sea level? Am I recalling that correctly?

2) Has not shown that the MHP tune is working.
As Jim himself will tell you the car ran just fine, very hard actually for the first 80+ miles he logged before loading the car onto a UHaul trailer and heading down to Sac. The ECU experienced a hardware failure due to being in the hands of too many prying/resoldering vendors and the aforemetioned bumpy ride.

3) Shown that MHP's head honcho is just a thug in a businessman's suit.
Would you rather i wore a thong?

4) MHP has no fans.
We don't shoot so much for fans, as we do customers. Maybe I need to fax you a copy of my phone bill. The good news for you is that I'll probably die before 35 of brain cancer.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:57 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Aside from your comments directed at me, which weren't particularly insulting, all you're talking about is your 63 tuning. Well, this is a thread about 55 tuning. No one has argued your ability to tune a 63 past what others have offered, it's a "new" platform & the "regular" Benz tuners certainly haven't dedicated much to it. You have... most likely because you own one yourself.
55, 600, 65 #s otw. Fact of the matter is the 63s have the most complex ECU/TCUs to date, if we can do them, we can do any previous control units.

And for your comment at the end, all your "real tech" contributions compared to mine are irrelevant. This is an enthusiasts forum, not YOUR forum. There should be room for both of us; matter of fact, without the enthusiasts, you have no business. You elbow your way into damn near every tuning post there is & turn it into a flame fest. It's not all your fault, but you're sure to toss gasoline on the fire every time.
My real tech contributions are hardly irrelevant when you attempt to tell me to post less and read more. No one ever said you weren't allowed to post, you're missing the scope of the argument, we're comparing content. The rest of that paragraph sounds like a personal problem.

On another note, not purposely directed at Andy/MHP, but since LHZ wants to chime in:

Even if I'm not the master tuner/mechanic that you seem to think I need to be to post here; I'm an enthusiast. Because of this forum I've spent around $15k in mods of varying types. Some went to sponsors, some went to forum members, but all of it came through what I've learned here. It's not the most money in the world, it's pretty small compared to what many others here have spent, but it's still money that every vendor wants & needs to stay in business. If I feel this way about what's happening on these boards; I know I'm not alone.

Flame on, I'm out!
No one ever said you had to be an expert, just don't post libel/misinfo about a product you know nothing about much less own, due to a personal issue.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
sure, it was a statement, of fact...semantics ?? Sure, hunch, opinion...call it what u want but when the results are in what will u have left ??? LOL - ahhhhh change....how sweet the smell.
I don't run his tune yet, becasue I'm just a cheerleader, remember ? But I guess the more important question is....when his 55 and 63 tunes ALONE beat everything else on the market...what will u run??? LOL....thought so.
i removed my question to you because i don't really care why you talk so much without even having his tune. i'll just accept the fact that you ARE just a cheerleader.

semantics...nah, that's for your arguments. i don't need to twist words, i'll stick with real data.

when the results are in, no matter what they are, i will continue to run the same tune that has put nearly 90k flawless miles on my modded car. even if andy's results showed something significant over other tuners, i wouldn't do business with his company so i'm not sure why you're lol'ing as if you know something special. what you can lol at is the fact that if the results were promising and he wasn't the eperson he is, i might actually have considered it.

Last edited by chiromikey; 10-28-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:09 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
i removed my question to you because i don't really care why you talk so much without even having his tune. i'll just accept the fact that you are just a cheerleader.

semantics...nah, that's for your arguments. i don't need to twist words, i'll stick with real data.

when the results are in, no matter what they are, i will continue to run the same tune that has put nearly 90k flawless miles on modded car. even if andy's results showed something significant over other tuners, i wouldn't do business with his company so i'm not sure why you're lol'ing as if you know something special. what you can lol at is the fact that if the results were promising and he wasn't the eperson he is, i might actually have considered it.
So you didn't email/PM me with interest in our TCU tuning, then completely change your attitude towards us when we said we weren't going to give it away?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 AM
LZH
Banned

LHZ,
You're a fan, you praise all the stuff MHP has done... cool.. I'm surprised you have no skepticism? Do you take everything at face value as long as it's what you want to hear? You jumped on in on Tom's (TMC M5) thread & dumped all over him as he made a post about other tuners... what gives? As far as I've seen in your posts you don't have any MHP stuff yet. One would think you'd be a little less aggressive defending new tuners after your experience with 110 motoring no? Are we to believe you haven't been taken before? How much did that scumbag take you for, or is it still in litigation? (Not directed at MHP, but at new, "flavor of the month" tuners in general)

Andy,
I'm glad you bring up 110 Motoring because that is a good comparison. I was never burned financially nor have I ever been involved in litigation with Jon Cohen - he knows better.....
He smacked my boat into a dock and I never spoke to him again. No big deal. What you have to understand is that just about any monkey can wrench and get away with mistakes, lots of mistakes. Tuning and ECU/TCU, especially the Siemens box, well....lets just say you have to know what you are doing or it's game over. Not like traditional wrenching at all....I do not write code but I did code drop testing in an environment similar to what MHP is doing and I can tell you that one line sequence can ruin everything.
Hence the reason I have waited for some early users to report back. The fact that Andy can access the 7A TCU is very cool. For me, that makes my car much more fun to drive. Since I have waited, some early reports have been coming in and they have all been very positive. MHP is making more HP for the 63 platform than ANY OTHER TUNER. You don't modify code on an ECU like that and not know what you are doing. It either works or it doesn't. Andy’s works - clearly. So, I will be running it as soon as I see some hard data from MIR.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:18 AM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by MHP
So you didn't email/PM me with interest in our TCU tuning, then completely change your attitude towards us when we said we weren't going to give it away?

Mikey - Take your OWNED *** and you POS 90k mile car home, punk. Just like every other poor *** hater you just got yours handed to you. What a sellout. Couldn't get it for free, eh ??? LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08