It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MHP
So you didn't email/PM me with interest in our TCU tuning, then completely change your attitude towards us when we said we weren't going to give it away?
you have my permission, POST THEM UP!!!...i NEVER asked you to give me ANYTHING. as i just stated, i originally was interested in your tuning promises...but that was long before you accumulated 2000 posts of brash comments and insults. i have been contacting srt8 tuners for years trying to get them to step into the amg arena. when you came on here i had many questions for you and a LOT of interest in what you said you could do.

unfortunatley things turned. i recall questioning your integrity early when you came on here promising a better ecu and separate tcu tune than anyone else for less money. then came your price tag based upon ZERO tunes/results on a single 55 and a bait and switch where you later said we have to buy both tunes. i asked you to supply a tcu tune without the ecu bait and switch package, but i NEVER asked you to give anything away!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH

Mikey - Take your OWNED *** and you POS 90k mile car home, punk. Just like every other poor *** hater you just got yours handed to you. What a sellout. Couldn't get it for free, eh ??? LOL !!!!!!!!!!!
lol, you should quit being a cheerleader and wait for the facts. and i will take my tired old e55 home...about a full second before your slow *** 63.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:32 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lol, you should quit being a cheerleader and wait for the facts. and i will take my tired old e55 home...about a full second before your slow *** 63.
Keep dreamin pal. Now it's the old bait and swith, huh ??? You crack me up man. The truth comes out. Another 63 hater....Ahhhhhh the sound of losers like you getting your *** handed to them is music to my ears !!!!! I'll be waiting for the facts all right, and when they are in, the only person in second will be YOU !!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Keep dreamin pal. Now it's the old bait and swith, huh ??? You crack me up man. The truth comes out. Another 63 hater....Ahhhhhh the sound of losers like you getting your *** handed to them is music to my ears !!!!! I'll be waiting for the facts all right, and when they are in, the only person in second will be YOU !!!!

lol, now i'm hater because you have a slower car...good one!

...but keep changing the argument because you can't handle the facts. as ussual, you should have waited to open your mouth but i know that's not your style. andy has my permission to post all my unaltered pm's to him.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:52 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
It's ok man...you gotta pay to play. I understand you much better now !!
Even though after my car modded it will walk you all day. But that is not the point as I have never said being the fastest in a street car is so important to me. Bring that fat pig of yours on a caynon run and we'll see how you fare. LOL - you really are a tool. Hey, if I don't like Andy's tune I'l sell it to you for half - barely used...Whadda ya say ??? LOL !!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Even though after my car modded it will walk you all day. But that is not the point as I have never said being the fastest in a street car is so important to me. Bring that fat pig of yours on a caynon run and we'll see how you fare. LOL - you really are a tool. Hey, if I don't like Andy's tune I'l sell it to you for half - barely used...Whadda ya say ??? LOL !!!!
blah, blah, blah. after i do this, after i do that. whatever...bahahahaha!!!!. your car is SLOW...at least compared to mine and now you sound even worse bringing up the tired old bmw argument when they can't beat you in a straight line..."but in twisties...but in the canyons"...bahahahaha. i KNEW with all your bickering and ethugness that your roots were bmw.

btw, if i wouldn't buy something from him...that means i wouldn't take it for free from you.

i've got a few things to do so get your comeback in quickly so i can have another laugh...but if andy had any internet business sense he'd put the muzzle back on his lapdog.

Last edited by chiromikey; 10-28-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:14 AM
LZH
Banned

blah, blah, blah. after i do this, after i do that. whatever...bahahahaha!!!!. your car is SLOW...at least compared to mine and now you sound even worse bringing up the tired old bmw argument when they can't beat you in a straight line..."but in twisties...but in the canyons"...bahahahaha. i KNEW with all your bickering and ethugness that your roots were bmw.

btw, if i wouldn't buy something from him...that means i wouldn't take it for free from you.

i've got a few things to do so get your comeback in quickly so i can have another laugh. if andy had any sense he'd put the muzzle back on his lapdog.
Actually, I have never owned a BMW. My roots are Porsche, B!TCH. What do you have to do at this hour ??? Rub down another guy ???
Old 10-28-2008, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
lol entertaining....
Old 10-28-2008, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

awe, that was a cute attempt. goodnight slowpoke.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
come on guys, you were really up all night bickering back and forth about this? Mikey, you should be with that girl in your sig... and if you are, I'm sure she appreciates you running back and forth to the computer for this cr%p. Z
Old 10-28-2008, 10:10 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by The Godfather
had I had mod powers
I think its easily obvious to see why this would never happen.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Ahmad with his assistant.
Damn paparazzi wont leave me alone!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Damn paparazzi wont leave me alone!
Its tough being a celeb.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Alright, I'm checking in for the morning crew....lets pick up where mike left off......
Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
Geez... you are worse for MHP public relations than Andy is... at least Andy can come off as being too proud of his baby/product... you just sound like a lunatic... kind of like you knowingly are drinking the arsenic laced Kool-aid (supposedly it was actually Flavor Aid at Jonestown)... but aren't an actual follower...and don't have a gun to your head...but you might be one someday so you go ahead an drink it...

So what other mods are you doing to run under an 11.4? When are you getting anything done? Are you all talk or what?

Tom
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
how about, no more hunches...just facts.
Mikey, you are started to make yourself look dumb...sorry, but I had to say it. I don't have any issues with you, but your attacks on MHP are getting older than the JRCART vs JANGY debates on most of these threads LOL! High performance automotive tuning and racing stems from "Hunches", theory's, guesses and wild experimentation as a whole. Sure there is some good old fashioned scientific engineering thrown in, but science as a whole is based off hypothesis' and theory's. Have you looked at an F1 car lately? How do you think they come up with all those wild looking wings, fins, difusers? Do you ever watch NASCAR, nearly every week there is a different team getting fined or suspended for "bending" the rules, the officials call it cheating the engineers call it "thinking outside the box". If people did not work off of hunches and wild ideas we would still be riding horse and buggies around.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Sorry to interrupt all the fun.....but..

I actually have a serious question concerning the TCU.

I personally enjoy the S/C/M button on the tranny. It makes a noticeable difference in performance.

Andy----I know Amhad said it as a joke---but is it possible for you to use that button as a sort of "jekyl&Hyde" switch?

In other words---

If I put the car in "Comfort"---I get--> shifts at 5000prm max and shift hardness is at 1/10.

If I put it into "SPORT"----I get----->Shifts at 7100prm and shift hardness at 7/10

if I put it into "manual"----I get----7300rpm redline and shift hardness at 10/10.

Is this even possible given the hardware?

It would be even better if the ECU TUNE could be maximized under the different conditions--Comfort Tune maximixed for fuel economy under "comfort" even if it LOST stock power.

So my wife gets in the car and says:

"Baby--your car is soo smooth and quiet and easy to drive"

I get in---flip the switch to "manual" & flip the switch on the exhaust bypass dumps and PRESTO...

"Brrrrrrrrooooooooom Vrrooooooooooooomm......gruglr ggrugggle gurgel"

My BEAST is ready to scare small Kids and intimidate Z06 owners.

I guess the core of my question is JUST HOW DIFFERENT CAN YOU MAKE 'COMFORT & "SPORT" MODE???
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jrcart
Mikey, you are started to make yourself look dumb...sorry, but I had to say it. I don't have any issues with you, but your attacks on MHP are getting older than the JRCART vs JANGY debates on most of these threads LOL! High performance automotive tuning and racing stems from "Hunches", theory's, guesses and wild experimentation as a whole. Sure there is some good old fashioned scientific engineering thrown in, but science as a whole is based off hypothesis' and theory's. Have you looked at an F1 car lately? How do you think they come up with all those wild looking wings, fins, difusers? Do you ever watch NASCAR, nearly every week there is a different team getting fined or suspended for "bending" the rules, the officials call it cheating the engineers call it "thinking outside the box". If people did not work off of hunches and wild ideas we would still be riding horse and buggies around.
LOL...what the hell are you even talking about because it's not remotely close to having anything to do with the point being made about jim's car???
Old 10-28-2008, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by HYEPWR

I personally enjoy the S/C/M button on the tranny. It makes a noticeable difference in performance.

Andy----I know Amhad said it as a joke---but is it possible for you to use that button as a sort of "jekyl&Hyde" switch?

In other words---

If I put the car in "Comfort"---I get--> shifts at 5000prm max and shift hardness is at 1/10.

If I put it into "SPORT"----I get----->Shifts at 7100prm and shift hardness at 7/10

if I put it into "manual"----I get----7300rpm redline and shift hardness at 10/10.

It would be even better if the ECU TUNE could be maximized under the different conditions--Comfort Tune maximixed for fuel economy under "comfort" even if it LOST stock power.

I get in---flip the switch to "manual" & flip the switch on the exhaust bypass dumps and PRESTO...

I guess the core of my question is JUST HOW DIFFERENT CAN YOU MAKE 'COMFORT & "SPORT" MODE???
That would actually be pretty cool....and gets this topic at least somewhat back on a performance oriented area.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:19 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
you have my permission, POST THEM UP!!!...i NEVER asked you to give me ANYTHING. as i just stated, i originally was interested in your tuning promises...but that was long before you accumulated 2000 posts of brash comments and insults. i have been contacting srt8 tuners for years trying to get them to step into the amg arena. when you came on here i had many questions for you and a LOT of interest in what you said you could do.
I never said you wanted something for nothing, just that you weren't happy with the pricing we offered for a final product. For the record we've done everything we said we could/would to date.

unfortunatley things turned. i recall questioning your integrity early when you came on here promising a better ecu and separate tcu tune than anyone else for less money. then came your price tag based upon ZERO tunes/results on a single 55 and a bait and switch where you later said we have to buy both tunes. i asked you to supply a tcu tune without the ecu bait and switch package, but i NEVER asked you to give anything away!
Our tuning is cheaper than Renntech, Brabus, Carlsson, etc. and the product is far superior. We're targeting the perceived "best" tuners/tuning in the world, we are not an everyman tuner.
You'll get some hard data in about 3hrs when Jeff dyno's his E63 v the Renntech tune he had previously. Again I never said you wanted something for free, but you weren't willing to pay the cost of admission (for a solo TCU even) either. After posting that you would provide the timing table info, and other data from our tuning if you did get your hands one a ECU/TCU, I wouldn't sell you a thing even with a signed non disclaimer agreement.
The reason we initially wanted to only sell complete driveline tuning is simple, with so many crap tunes out there we wanted no part of the liability if we only did one controller. We later decided to carry a non matched version of the TCUs for people sold seperately because there was so much interest.

I can't wait until you and a handful of others are over the "denial" stage, you know what comes next, don't you?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
I never said you wanted something for nothing, just that you weren't happy with the pricing we offered for a final product. For the record we've done everything we said we could/would to date.

Our tuning is cheaper than Renntech, Brabus, Carlsson, etc. and the product is far superior. We're targeting the perceived "best" tuners/tuning in the world, we are not an everyman tuner.
You'll get some hard data in about 3hrs when Jeff dyno's his E63 v the Renntech tune he had previously. Again I never said you wanted something for free, but you weren't willing to pay the cost of admission (for a solo TCU even) either. After posting that you would provide the timing table info, and other data from our tuning if you did get your hands one a ECU/TCU, I wouldn't sell you a thing even with a signed non disclaimer agreement.
The reason we initially wanted to only sell complete driveline tuning is simple, with so many crap tunes out there we wanted no part of the liability if we only did one controller. We later decided to carry a non matched version of the TCUs for people sold seperately because there was so much interest.

I can't wait until you and a handful of others are over the "denial" stage, you know what comes next, don't you?
Are you talking about just the 55 platform or all your tunes?

Tom
Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by HYEPWR

In other words---

Yes, we can tune your TCU to respond differently (shift points at WOT/part throttle, firmness/quickness) in different modes. That being said, it takes a LONG time (we know this from doing something similar to Marko's TCU including custom converter lock up speeds per gear, etc.) and therefore is not cheap.
According to FedEx Marko should be able to tell you himself how much of a difference there is, and if we hit our mark.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Wanted to chime in quickly. Because of the anticipation regarding me hitting the Dyno I am gonna leave early to head out there in a few. Try to get this over and done. I got several things to do this afternoon, so figured the sooner the better for arguements sake.
Anyway gonna head out in 10-15 minutes. See ya all in a bit.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Are you talking about just the 55 platform or all your tunes?

Tom
As far as I know, all. Doing direct comparisons between ECU only and ECU&TCU.
Personally I would expect a superior product to cost more, but that's just me.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jrcart
older than the JRCART vs JANGY You're killing me Jim...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08