SORRY NO SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
My car has done and will do 206 mph any day of the week.
Cool.
Could you image my e/t if I did change my gearing?
Yes.
If I was really that into drag racing don't you think I would crawl under the car and raise the suspension and soften it up?
Yes .

As for your top speed comment, who really needs 206 mph?
I didn't mean top end mph, but ability to pull at the top end.

Have you ever driven a vehicle at 200mph?
No. 186 is max. Chasing 200, actually.

I don't think you have the sack nor the skill to drive a car at those speeds...
Here we go again. Just get back from the gym, Royd?

...things happen real fast when you are covering 300 feet per second, thats right, the length of a football field every second, a 1/4 mile in under 4.5 seconds.....
Wow, don't get a brain freeze on that one. We all know how to calculate.

I run on two of the fastest road race courses...I don't come anywhere near 200
Is it my sac or yours that you question? Wh0o drives / drove your car at over 200mph, then?

Sure, it's nice to have 206 mph bragging rights......
Says the king of bragging (just getting even)
...but at the end of the day top speed is about the least important performance figure on any car.
again, not top speed. Top END power.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jangy
I respect that. Then where does the supposed added 100+ RWHP come from? If all is stock, then so is performance. I agree that NOS and wheels for drag racing is cool and would not compromise anything.
He can list his mods better than I can. I know he has headers, exhaust, tune, etc etc
Old 10-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
He can list his mods better than I can. I know he has headers, exhaust, tune, etc etc
JIM: That is all I asked for from day 1. I've never seen a 63 documented at over 500rwhp with the modification explanations, so I asked for it and got blasted. I've never doubted it, but why not talk about them?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Jangy and Jim, I am thinking of starting a new thread that just you two can be a part of so you don't hijack other threads

Should I make it a sticky- we can all join in and view- you can keep it open as long as you dont go postal on each other?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Be honest, I think Jim and I may be done. Up to him. I'm down for entertainment purposes only, but my personal is done.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I respect that. Then where does the supposed added 100+ RWHP come from? If all is stock, then so is performance. I agree that NOS and wheels for drag racing is cool and would not compromise anything.
Jangy, first of all my car only makes about 90rwhp more than my car did stock 420 stock vs. 511 at my last dyno test and 25 of those HP I can attribute to the Dymag wheels. As soon as I get my new crank pulley installed this week I am going to try to get some more dyno time to see what I gained from pulley and MHP tune.

I don't know why you have such a hard time beliving me, do you really think I have anything to hide? I have published every mod I have done as well as let you all know what is still in the works (heads, cams, pistons, Ram-air hood/intake). All of the times I have "officially" published have been backed up by video, timeslips and MB World members who were present at the track that saw the bottle NOT INSTALLED IN MY CAR.

I don't know what else I can say on this issue
Old 10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy, first of all my car only makes about 90rwhp more than my car did stock 420 stock vs. 511 at my last dyno test and 25 of those HP I can attribute to the Dymag wheels. As soon as I get my new crank pulley installed this week I am going to try to get some more dyno time to see what I gained from pulley and MHP tune.

I don't know why you have such a hard time beliving me, do you really think I have anything to hide? I have published every mod I have done as well as let you all know what is still in the works (heads, cams, pistons, Ram-air hood/intake). All of the times I have "officially" published have been backed up by video, timeslips and MB World members who were present at the track that saw the bottle NOT INSTALLED IN MY CAR.

I don't know what else I can say on this issue
I know what you intend to do. I just don't know about your current mods. I'm no judge, I just didn't know. I still think it is too bad that the west coast AMGs didn't make it to this meet. I guess January it is.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

JIM: That is all I asked for from day 1. I've never seen a 63 documented at over 500rwhp with the modification explanations, so I asked for it and got blasted. I've never doubted it, but why not talk about them?
Jangy, You must be the only guy that frequents the AMG sections of this board that does not know about my mods. There is an entire STICKY thread on the build of my car over in the W209 Black Series sub forum. It goes into great details. I will give you a quick list.

Evosport Longtube Headers
Evosport stainless X-pipe
Cat Delete
Kleeman Resonators
Evosport Crank Pulley (not installed yet)
I had a Powerchip 99 octane tune
Now I have the MHP 100 octane tune
MHP TCU
VRP CF High Capacity Airbox
Dymag Wheels 19x9f/19x11r (16 pounds each)
Pirelli Corsa Tires Dot R compound 305/30/19 rears
H&R lowering springs
Corner Balanced
Rotora Stainless Brake Lines front and rear
Evosport Chromoly Roll Cage
Sparco 5-point harnesses
Sparco OEM CF DTM Seats (12.5 pounds each)
Braille Auto CF Battery (15 pounds)
Evosport/Vorsteiner CF Black Series Aero Package Front splitter/rear tall lip spoiler

*NOS 50-150 Dry Shot
*Forgeline 17x10.5" forged aluminum wheels (rear)
*Mickey Thompson Street E/T tires
*MHP ECU/TCU NOS only program tuned for 120 octane fuel.

Now does that sound like a drag racing car or a road racing car?

Last edited by jrcart; 10-27-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JCart vs Jangy

Who will win?

We need Jakpro's voice on this one. lol
Old 10-27-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
JCart vs Jangy

Who will win?

We need Jakpro's voice on this one. lol
It would not even be a race! Jakpro is not going to waste his time.

BTW, speaking of Jakpro voiceovers how long has it been since we have seen any OWNAGE threads on this forum, I think we scared tham all away, it's been at least 2 months since we outed Marty aka AMGAUTOBAHN. I need an ownage fix.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy, You must be the only guy that frequents the AMG sections of this board that does not know about my mods. There is an entire STICKY thread on the build of my car over in the W209 Black Series sub forum. It goes into great details. I will give you a quick list.

Cat Delete
Kleeman Resonators
MHP TCU
H&R lowering springs
Corner Balanced
Sparco 5-point harnesses
Evosport/Vorsteiner CF Black Series Aero Package Front splitter/rear tall lip spoiler

*NOS 50-150 Dry Shot

Nice list. I stay out of stickys unless I get dragged in and I don't go to many other rooms.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Jangy, why do you keep insisting that I turned my car into something it isn't?
Because it gets under your skin. Ignoring him would be simpler.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
It would not even be a race! Jakpro is not going to waste his time.

I don't think he meant racing, but I'm still not sure. How have you run against other modded 55ks? I don't expect mine to run any different than any stage 5 so i wonder how you did against them?

BTW, speaking of Jakpro voiceovers how long has it been since we have seen any OWNAGE threads on this forum, I think we scared tham all away, it's been at least 2 months since we outed Marty aka AMGAUTOBAHN. I need an ownage fix.
Jim does GREAT work!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Because it gets under your skin. Ignoring him would be simpler.

'tis actually true. Or just add me to your sig....
Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Cat Delete
Kleeman Resonators
MHP TCU
H&R lowering springs
Corner Balanced
Sparco 5-point harnesses

*NOS 50-150 Dry Shot

Curious what did your stock seats weigh each? any thought or plans on running.....

Coming soon! StopTech's new Carbon Ceramic Brake System (CCBS). Most StopTech 4-wheel brake kits may be optionally equipped with these exotic and lightweight carbon ceramic rotors. Significantly lighter than cast iron, these rotors shave as much as 80 pounds of rotating weight from your brakes, dramatically improving your car's handling, acceleration and ride. Better heat capacity, resistance to cracking and oxidation, and improved response in heavy rain than existing ceramic options, such as Porsche's PCCB system. Not delicate and prone to chipping, like the 2009 Corvette ZR1 brakes. Zeckhausen Racing has been conducting durability and usability testing for over a year, including track, street, and extreme winter conditions. The system has performed beyond our expectations. Carbon ceramic rotors will be available to the public by early 2009. Call us for details.

I'm certain they'll cost a pretty penny, I wish I could justify buying a set.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:44 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Nice list. I stay out of stickys unless I get dragged in and I don't go to many other rooms.
So all this bull***** becasue you "don't go to many other rooms" ????? Sorry, but that's no excuse for speaking out of line. Simply saying your don't look at other threads in other rooms only makes you look stupid considering your previous comments about Jims car and certainly opens you up to considerable ridicule. Guess what ? Perhaps you should have "dragged" yourself into the Black Series forum and looked at the sticky on Jims car before questioning him and his car and putting the rest of us through all this crap.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by LZH
So all this bull***** becasue you "don't go to many other rooms" ????? Sorry, but that's no excuse for speaking out of line. Simply saying your don't look at other threads in other rooms only makes you look stupid considering your previous comments about Jims car and certainly opens you up to considerable ridicule. Guess what ? Perhaps you should have "dragged" yourself into the Black Series forum and looked at the sticky on Jims car before questioning him and his car and putting the rest of us through all this crap.
I didn't realize we were here to be productive.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
Curious what did your stock seats weigh each? any thought or plans on running.....

Coming soon! StopTech's new Carbon Ceramic Brake System (CCBS). Most StopTech 4-wheel brake kits may be optionally equipped with these exotic and lightweight carbon ceramic rotors. Significantly lighter than cast iron, [SIZE="6"]these rotors shave as much as 80 pounds of rotating weight from your brakes
The new CF Sparco seats weigh 15.8 each with aluminum brackets attached. The factory seats weigh 72.1 pounds each with oem brakets/mounting attached. Factory seat are HEAVY!

Sparco CF 15.8lbs x 2 = 31.6lbs

Factory Seats 72.1lbs x 2 = 144.2

144.2 - 31.6 = 112.6 pounds of weight savings

I might be interested in those brakes, PM me some more info. I need to change the brakes (again) anyway. I have heard lots of horror stories about CC brake rotors, not sure if they are really the best solution for a street/track car. Anyone have any feedback for me?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH
No, all of this BS because I got jumped for asking to "see" the 511rwhp, which the current posted list won't do. If it does, then we have at least two CLS63s that have more or similar mods and they are nowhere near putting 511 to the floor. Given that, why would Jcart's car be so much faster than stock if it were not modded. SO, I asked. It just so happenned that when I asked was when Andy came along with his "thou shalt not question us" attitude AND Jim had just been hanging out with the LET lovers that had chosen me to jump. His initial reply to me is why we are here. If you really think I'm a nuub enough NOT to know what a CLK BS can do, then I have you rattled, too.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH
.....and putting the rest of us through all this crap.
LOL!! Man, you have been slinging it from the bottom of the barrel for almost a month now. If anything my involvement should just entertain you. You sold out, boy. How's that feel? Especially, since you didn't even jump on a popular wagon. Enjoy your ride.....
Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, all of this BS because I got jumped for asking to "see" the 511rwhp, which the current posted list won't do. If it does, then we have at least two CLS63s that have more or similar mods and they are nowhere near putting 511 to the floor. Given that, why would Jcart's car be so much faster than stock if it were not modded. SO, I asked. It just so happenned that when I asked was when Andy came along with his "thou shalt not question us" attitude AND Jim had just been hanging out with the LET lovers that had chosen me to jump. His initial reply to me is why we are here. If you really think I'm a nuub enough NOT to know what a CLK BS can do, then I have you rattled, too.
Jangy, those are the only mods I have done to my car, why can't you believe me?. If you want to buy a plane ticket to Chicago, I will pick you up from the airport and we can drive directly to 2 shops of your choice in the Chicagoland area (you do the research) with DynoJet dyno's. If my car does not make at least 510 rwhp +/- 2.5% I will give you $5000.00 and refund your plane ticket. After that we can take the car to an MB dealership or anywhere you want and you can tear the car apart looking for any other mods I might have not disclosed, you can even pull the heads off (at your expense). If you find ANY additional mods I will refund the labor cost AND GIVE YOU MY CAR!
This is a serious offer, with thousands of witnesses, so PM me your flight info. I will be out of town this Thursday through Monday morning, I'll be at the NASCAR race in Dallas, but any other dates (except MIR weekend) will work for me.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy, those are the only mods I have done to my car, why can't you believe me?
Jim, I do believe you. I just don't understand it. Proving it to me won't change anything. Yes, before I was playing with you but now I am being serious. I have seen similar mods be good for less, so i am simply curious. It does not mean I do not believe. It means your car is actually interesting to me.

Look at any of the 55k mods. EVERYONE here knows about them because we get into the nuances, etc. Everything with the 63 mods has been "majik" or something. One tuner does it and gets X numbers and another tuner does it and loses power. Go figure. It would just be nice to talk more about the mods and their actual impact than just assuming that a modded CLK BS is awesome. Thats all.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim, I do believe you. I just don't understand it. Proving it to me won't change anything. Yes, before I was playing with you but now I am being serious. I have seen similar mods be good for less, so i am simply curious. It does not mean I do not believe. It means your car is actually interesting to me.

Look at any of the 55k mods. EVERYONE here knows about them because we get into the nuances, etc. Everything with the 63 mods has been "majik" or something. One tuner does it and gets X numbers and another tuner does it and loses power. Go figure. It would just be nice to talk more about the mods and their actual impact than just assuming that a modded CLK BS is awesome. Thats all.
I can't explain the outcome we are seeing, I don't have that kind of knowledge, my technical knowledge of automobiles verges on minimal...or just enough to be dangerous, on the other hand I can drive/ride the hell out of anything with an engine. AS for variances between 63's, I'mnot quite sure what you are reffering to. Most of the mumbers I have seen have been in line. Even the Renntech tuned Black Series is in line with Evosport tuned Black Series with similar mods (shorties w/cats still on car)....remember I have one of the only Black Series or any 63 for that matter that is running a longtube header/cat delete, X-pipe set-up, plus I am the only one to be running around with the 99 octane tune, all of the other cars I have heard of are tunned for 91 or 93.

Maybe these 63 engines respond better to my mods than a 55 with similar mods, I can't expalin it. All I can tell you is that I have had my car on 3 different dynos at 3 different shops and had very consistant numbers. That tells me the number must be somewhat accurate. Furthermore, my 1/4 mile motor only e/t's and trap speeds pretty much back up the dyno figures. I don't know what more I can say or show you on this subject. I have been forthcoming, open and honest about EVERY mod as well as provided timeslips, video prof as well as MB World witnesses to my passes.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
I ran a 100 octane tune for two months without ever doing a dyno. I can tell you one thing for sure, you WILL make more power and you will run faster. The 100 octane tunes must not be compared to 91 or 93 octane tunes. even from the same tunner. Tunner X races his tune 91 and 100 side by side. who wins? just saying when one dyno is 100 octane and the other is 91 octane that does not mean that tuner X is better tuner Y.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

LET lovers
I found this to be uncalled for..........its obvious you are into VRP but has anyone called you a VRP lover? I like LET cause I have met the personel and they have been more then helpful to me as I am sure VRP would be if I lived closed to them...LET isn't buying my love they treat me as a valued customer thus I appreciate and promote them if I can...as I would do for VRP if the situation was reversed. Please keep your comments to yourself or JRCart and leave all those LET lovers out of something they are not saying anything of. Also if you recall no where in JRCarts' mod list does it say LET. So why bother to mention LET in this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SORRY NO SUPERCHARGER