E63 Renntech vs MHP data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
When I first came on this site I posted that you needed to remove the TCU from the valvebody of the 7A to do a TCU on a 63 for a reason.
Sure buddy, it was a poker move. That is like me lying to my assitant to save her feelings.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
I'll wait for Andy to post and clear up the procedure for how they modify the TCU through the ECU - all I know is what he has told me privately.
That is correct. Luke, Doug/gravedgr, and many others that inquired via PM, email, phone were told the real deal. Obviously it didn't stay a secret for long, but it was fun while it lasted.

Jangy - as far as your comment regarding the MHP gaining nothing - well, you are simply showing your ignorance. First becasue most of the gains were under the curve, where it really matters. Second, becasue it seems now the MHP ECU tune was not even loaded and the TCU tune alone beat the previous Renntech dyno !!!! LOL - you are lost bro.
That's exactly what it boils down to. We made better numbers across the board with just a TCU flash. The ultimate proof (I'm sure Jangy will still have something to ***** about) will come in the form of results from a redyno next week and track results before or at MIR.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by RHBENZ
So if the MHP ECU flash didn't take, why the dif in A/F?...
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lol, anyone going to answer this?
It just needs a correction factor. Let me get back in the spreadsheet and multiply all the numbers by 0.8

No, or how about the TCU mod did it? TQ managemnet reduction must mean more burning, no?

Yeah, yeah...... I like that one.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RHBENZ
So if the MHP ECU flash didn't take, why the dif in A/F? I guess the Renntech falsh riched out the A/F over time? Retuned itself? I can see the torque converter issue give you a few of hp more.
There are several possible answers--though our A/F will still be richer than theirs when it's loaded. One could be the difference in air quality, another could be that only part of our flash took, honestly until we get the ECU back (mon/tues) it's all speculation on that front.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:09 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Originally Posted by MHP
LOL Jay I hate to say it but all you do is run your mouth. You've made two 10 second passes in your CL600 and think you're some kind of God because of it? Is that the only car you've ever owned that's gone high high 10s or quicker? I sure hope not.
I would be greatly surprised if you acted the same way you do on the net in person, if so I'm sure we'll get along famously in a week and a half.
I can't wait to meet him too. I bet when he meets me his tail goes so far up his a33 that he looks like my Doberman. I am sure it is internet gangsta syndrome. I will be looking for the MOUTH with Oxygen. He can't wait to meet Jay too. It should be a big party!

Can someone say....BLANKET PARTY.

How about Jay and Jangy in a MMA douchefest brawl?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
That's exactly what it boils down to. We made better numbers across the board with just a TCU flash. The ultimate proof (I'm sure Jangy will still have something to ***** about) will come in the form of results from a redyno next week and track results before or at MIR.
Could you please re-present the correct info on cost, now that it has changed from being an ECU flash. before, you could justify cost since you were matching something expensive. Now what? OK, I'll give you the noise as gains. Can you please help me rationalize the expense given the dyno data? I am not intersted in commentary, si9nce I deo not trust ANY of the current MHP guys. I want to stay focussed on this thread and the gains you boasted on when you thought they were from the ecu.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Almost a Member!

08 S550, 08 E63, other non-Green cars
Originally Posted by MHP
That is correct. Luke, Doug/gravedgr, and many others that inquired via PM, email, phone were told the real deal. Obviously it didn't stay a secret for long, but it was fun while it lasted...
Why was it a secret? I really don't need more power since there aren't many areas in LA that I can actually drive my 63 flat out, but I'm interested in quicker and crisper shifting, thus your product.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
There are several possible answers--though our A/F will still be richer than theirs when it's loaded. One could be the difference in air quality, another could be that only part of our flash took, honestly until we get the ECU back (mon/tues) it's all speculation on that front.
Andy come on....which is it...the flash took or didn't take.... or it partially took. You are speculating on things as if they are facts...which is what has gotten you in the second most trouble on this board. Stop speculating and calling it a fact or "90% sure". You need to get the ECU in your hands reflash it and redyno it... let the results speak for you...

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
.... honestly until we get the ECU back (mon/tues) it's all speculation on that front.
So, are you saying you can check the code? If so, why not check it before sending it?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
HAHAH!! I am lost, but as per Andy's words the TCU gains would NOT be noted on a dyno. But now they are. Again, slippery slope. Yeah, I am the moron. But why is it getting so lonely over there?
I'm really not sure who you're referring to as you can feel free to ask any of our customers publicly or privately what they think of our tuning anytime.

To be clear

Fact: All HP numbers are derived from TQ numbers.
Fact: Andy has stated that the dyno would not show his gains.
Fact: Andy claimed TQ gains from TCU gains alone (since ECU did not take).
HP is derived from TQ, that is correct.

I have stated that we didn't believe we'd see any gains on the dyno from TCU only but we never dyno tested a TCU only. Now we have some results and can say for sure. I guess if we somehow made less power/tq you'd have an argument but 9rwhp/13rwtq and gains across the board are hard to deny. You have no argument.

Not sure what you're trying to say with the 3rd "Fact", again, I don't carry a decoder ring around with me.

My simple question is this. IF MHP is removing TQ limiting obstacles that reside in the TCU (as claimed in prior threads), why would the removal NOT be seen on a dyno? If that was a misunderstanding and it is seen on a dyno, then why are there NO power gains associated with the delimiting? You take the governor off a lawnmower and it doesn't just have more grunt. It runs stronger!!
We didn't think they'd show because most of the TCU TM is launch/shift related however it appears there are other factors (as in total amount of tq allowed even while in gear with converter locked (or as much as it can lock).
Remember we're the only ones doing this (TCUing 7As) so it's not like 2nd grade math. Comparing a lawnmower limter to TCU variables in a MB ECU is like saying a GED is the same as a PhD.

Any other questions?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Could you please re-present the correct info on cost, now that it has changed from being an ECU flash. before, you could justify cost since you were matching something expensive. Now what? OK, I'll give you the noise as gains. Can you please help me rationalize the expense given the dyno data? I am not intersted in commentary, si9nce I deo not trust ANY of the current MHP guys. I want to stay focussed on this thread and the gains you boasted on when you thought they were from the ecu.
Jangy, I thought Vic told us to stay out of this thread...I kept my part of the bargain (up until now) but it appears you have posted 20 plus times on this thread since VIC told us to keep out (around noon my time). Do you have a learning disability? I guess it all makes sense now, slow car, slow owner.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by tuningtechnician
I can't wait to meet him too. I bet when he meets me his tail goes so far up his a33 that he looks like my Doberman. I am sure it is internet gangsta syndrome. I will be looking for the MOUTH with Oxygen. He can't wait to meet Jay too. It should be a big party!

I can't wait to meet you too... we can talk about your customer with the M6 with the MHP tune...

Can you show how Jay is acting like an "internet gangsta"...what saying "blah blah blah"....wow that must have scared you.... as I see it ...you are the one threatening the "blanket party"...I guess that makes you an "e-thug"...

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 10-29-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by tuningtechnician

blanket party huh...why is it that all the mhp cheerleaders are always threatening violence upon others?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
So, are you saying you can check the code? If so, why not check it before sending it?
We live test all our cals before shipping to ensure they work. To this point we've never had a cal not take before, so it will be something we add to our QC list.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Any other questions?
You just addressed more questions in that post than you have since you arrived. Do you not want to answer questions? OK, so I am a moron, so? I am not the one here charging money (I say that loosly).
Old 10-29-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
LZH god loves you.

why on earth are you answerring for mhp?let him do the talk, please.

if it was not for jangy,chiro,finn,vadim, and other members here we would not have the tourqe limiter issue out in the open,the recalls,the in and outs of the M113.asking is not a crime.it would be good to be able to exchange knowledge with out name calling.jangy is a skeptical person h*ll we all are when somthing new comes out we need to know. as god is my witness i dont know any of you gents but, i have learned a great deal from this forum.let it be that way.
thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
blanket party huh...why is it that all the mhp cheerleaders are always threatening violence upon others?
Vested.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Our tuning makes more power than anyone else's, we're the only ones doing 7A TCUs, only ones getting as far into any ECU/TCU. We specialize in complete custom driveline tuning.

If you don't like the price, go with someone else. No one's got a 9mm to your head...Do they?

Ask Marko tomorrow what he thinks of his TCU only.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by cls55
LZH god loves you.

if it was not for jangy,chiro,finn,vadim, and other members here we would not have the tourqe limiter issue out in the open,the recalls,the in and outs of the M113.asking is not a crime.it would be good to be able to exchange knowledge with out name calling.jangy is a skeptical person h*ll we all are when somthing new comes out we need to know. as god is my witness i dont know any of you gents but, i have learned a great deal from this forum.let it be that way.
thanks
mmmmm, beers and dinner at Tia Juanas (sp?)
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Andy come on....which is it...the flash took or didn't take.... or it partially took. You are speculating on things as if they are facts...which is what has gotten you in the second most trouble on this board. Stop speculating and calling it a fact or "90% sure". You need to get the ECU in your hands reflash it and redyno it... let the results speak for you...

Tom
Tom,
You're right in that we can't say for sure how much if any of the ECU took, however we do know that with as many changes as were made, the results were not representative of a complete ECU tune.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:32 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Probably has something to do with all the ethug type comments from certain members (jaycl600, jangy, you, etc.)
Old 10-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Our tuning makes more power than anyone else's, we're the only ones doing 7A TCUs, only ones getting as far into any ECU/TCU. We specialize in complete custom driveline tuning.
Did you get that off the website or have you just gotten really good at pounding it out?

If you don't like the price, go with someone else. No one's got a 9mm to your head...Do they?
No, but I don't have a 7A either. Is he talking about the 7g, but likes to use his Chrysler DVD?

Ask Marko tomorrow what he thinks of his TCU only.
Marco has a 7A? I'm not disclaiming your TCU mod.

But, didn't the price/gain just shift? First, you boasted on the power to money based on replacing the need for a RT tune. Now, you need the ECU tune PLUS the TCU for the same gain?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by MHP
LOL Jay I hate to say it but all you do is run your mouth. You've made two 10 second passes in your CL600 and think you're some kind of God because of it? Is that the only car you've ever owned that's gone high high 10s or quicker? I sure hope not.
I would be greatly surprised if you acted the same way you do on the net in person, if so I'm sure we'll get along famously in a week and a half.
1. your skin is so thin it must be made of cellophane
2. do you own a 10 sec car mercedes, or pretend to know how to tune them on the internet
3. Dave at BG Performance tuned 2 maybe 3 cars for you and all of a sudden youre tuner of the year? You couldnt tune your way out of a wet paper bag, freakin C CLass driver.
4. Wheres your S65 dyno numbers, oh yeah your dog ate them.
5. Hows your Mavelone M6 tuning going
6. this will be the last time i stoop to your level, you are so below me its funny, I think i found you on the bottom of my Gucci sneakers somewhere.
7. Im done, that was fun

Last edited by JAYCL600; 10-29-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by cls55
LZH god loves you.

thanks
I've honestly not seen a single productive/useful post from jangy since joining. In fact he's commented several times (even recently) that he's just here to stir the pot.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Probably has something to do with all the ethug type comments from certain members (jaycl600, jangy, you, etc.)
Funny, you name 3 members that have been here for ages, acted exactly as we do and NEVER being threatened until MHP and now you even go as far as condoning it and blaming the victims (). It does speak volumes to the volume you need to cover that many bases.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 Renntech vs MHP data