Sponsored by:

63 ECU Tune worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:07 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Here comes Andy's ***** protector as usual.

I think it's funny that my response to the OP's question was immediately recognized as a parody of Andy's posts. What he doesn't realize, and you obviously don't either, is that THIS IS EXACTLY HOW HE COMES ACROSS to most people. I have no interest in MHP, VRP, LET, RennTech, etc, etc. I have to affiliation, but I am a potential customer. Who do you think I'll choose? Who DON'T you think I'll choose? That's the point.

I find it incredible that Andy is now acting like a victim when HE brought this all on himself. As you very well know, all other tuners have been treated with respect when they first started posting/selling (actually too much respect at times), but why has Andy/MHP been treated differently?

Exactly.
I actually found your OP funny as hell and totally caught me by surprise....its the subsequent blah blah blah from the peanut gallery that i'm a little sick of hearing.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:13 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MHP
Maybe it's not just what I say but also the perspective in which it's all taken by some that read it? Just throwing it out there, not a jab in any way.

No, becasue "what you say" is usually right on target - its just the delivery and i've done it myself, too. But if what you have is that good - then let it do the talking. The word is out - let it ride.

BAck to my Black Maple Hill
Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
No, becasue "what you say" is usually right on target - its just the delivery and i've done it myself, too. But if what you have is that good - then let it do the talking. The word is out - let it ride.

BAck to my Black Maple Hill
Point taken, I'll try and work on it. Thanks Luke.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:47 AM

05 C55
Originally Posted by indyjoe

What he doesn't realize, and you obviously don't either, is that THIS IS EXACTLY HOW HE COMES ACROSS to most people.
unfortunately, this is true. the constant back and forth that goes on here is ridiculous. whether its brought on my MHP or not, Andy seems more than happy to play into it. it seems as if they have a great product with a ton of experience, and they should let that do the talking for them.
Andy: i wish you the best of luck, it will make things better for all interested in the AMG line if you stick with it. however, pump the brakes with the guys around here, it will only benefit you in the long run. just my .02.

mike
Old 11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Evdiently there have been several tuners (according to Jangy and others) that came on this site over the past few mos/years and did a lot more harm (to people's motors/trannys) than good.
Huh? what according to me? I've never worried about you blowing a motor. I never liked you making claims that were not yet shown and then being pompous when we were sceptical.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
The only engine blower I'm aware of was Creative ... at least I think that's their name. I'm open to correction if I'm wrong.
They aren't the only tuner that has had things come up, but yes it was James at Creative Autoworks ( I believe now James@ACGSD) that had issues with my motor and did not follow through on resolving it. They were / are a RennTech distributor and I was having a stage 1 installed. I never spoke with RennTech directly until after the entire mess went sour, but even that had little substance. I have all of the communications, etc. including texts, IMs, emails, and hand written and signed agreements. Now that it doesn't matter, I'd be happy to scan and share. We may as well be open.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I am not going to get into which tuner is the best debate...but I would think that everyone would agree that having another tuner in this very narrow market is a good thing for all MB enthusiasts. Competition is what makes tuners bring the best products to the market. The new MB tuner on the block will make the established MB tuners take notice and devote more time and resources to platforms they might otherwise leave alone with the status quo. The fact that a new tuner is "controversial" and "adversarial" is only going to add incentive to those other established tuners to bring the very best to the market. All this other stuff is peripheral to going faster and unlocking the ultimate potential of our cars.

Tom
Old 11-03-2008, 11:01 AM

Ford 4x4, daily
Originally Posted by jangy
Huh? what according to me? I've never worried about you blowing a motor. I never liked you making claims that were not yet shown and then being pompous when we were sceptical.

where is that ignore link. you spout so much gibberish the threads that you post in soon become meaningless. i am not sure what your trying to accomplish as a post count *****, all i can say is it is not working!

i have not been here long but i have found out that if you want to find or learn some info on the merc drivetrain/chasis/performance i need to stay completely away from every thread you post in!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Guys,

I am getting VERY tired of asking people to play nice. The moderation/admin team is very close to starting handing out probations/suspensions/bans without further warning. The TOU and my posting in muliple threads that you are all on is warning enough.

Please play nice or you may find yourself on the sidelines for a while.

Thanks
Brad
Old 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I am not going to get into which tuner is the best debate...but I would think that everyone would agree that having another tuner in this very narrow market is a good thing for all MB enthusiasts. Competition is what makes tuners bring the best products to the market. The new MB tuner on the block will make the established MB tuners take notice and devote more time and resources to platforms they might otherwise leave alone with the status quo. The fact that a new tuner is "controversial" and "adversarial" is only going to add incentive to those other established tuners to bring the very best to the market. All this other stuff is peripheral to going faster and unlocking the ultimate potential of our cars.
This could not be more true, and we at evosport are always happy to see good competition!

thanks
Brad
Old 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by richtor
where is that ignore link.

It is in the User Control Panel (User CP) at the top left of each page.

Instead of diving in OT, why not post in the help room first?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy

Jangy,
I know you mentioned at least one (maybe Creative?) and there were multiple others mentioned (by others) as well (Euro something?) Again, I didn't keep track just noted what others were saying.

Thanks

Last edited by MHP; 11-03-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5

Tom
Great analysis Tom.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:17 PM

AMG E36...
I have all of the communications, etc. including texts, IMs, emails, and hand written and signed agreements. Now that it doesn't matter, I'd be happy to scan and share. We may as well be open.

That would be no...

Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by MHP
Jangy,
I know you mentioned at least one (maybe Creative?) and there were multiple others mentioned (by others) as well (Euro something?) Again, I didn't keep track just noted what others were saying.

Thanks
EuroElites is the one you're thinking of.

That was a friggin' debacle around here. They blew up or screwed up a boatload of members' cars, but for whatever stupid reason nobody said a single word about it until it was too late. It only finally came out because they PO'd a newbie by accidentally ripping the front bumper halfway off his S55 and refusing to pay for it. He was new enough to the forum that he didn't buy into whole the "code of silence" thing that was going on, and started a thread about it.

After that, everybody else started coming out of the woodwork with their horror stories, and people were surprised that other members were keeping quiet while new people were still getting screwed over. I think this is one main reason why you're getting so much flak now, people have really tried to stick up for each other more around here after that.

Another disaster story was Creative. And yet another one was HPS. HPS had the same kind of swagger you have, but they didn't have your knowledge to go along with it, and they were also lazy on top of it, passing off crappily made supercharger kits that blew up, etc. At the end of the day, you seem to have what it takes, and they didn't. But when a new tuner comes along, it just naturally gives some of the older members deja vu.

So ya, this forum has seen a lot of crappy tuners, and as a result people are a little skeptical. But don't sweat it, your product is making your customers happy, and the numbers will ultimately speak for themselves. I for one am glad you're around, since more competition = better for everyone. People will settle down with time, and even Jangy and Jrcart will eventually meet each other and bury the hatchet. As long as you are doing the right thing, everything will come around eventually, it's just a bumpy ride at first.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by CWW

That was a friggin' debacle around here. They blew up or screwed up a boatload of members' cars, but for whatever stupid reason nobody said a single word about it until it was too late. It only finally came out because they PO'd a newbie by accidentally ripping the front bumper halfway off his S55 and refusing to pay for it. He was new enough to the forum that he didn't buy into whole the "code of silence" thing that was going on, and started a thread about it.

After that, everybody else started coming out of the woodwork with their horror stories, and people were surprised that other members were keeping quiet while new people were still getting screwed over. I think this is one main reason why you're getting so much flak now, people have really tried to stick up for each other more around here after that.

Another disaster story was Creative. And yet another one was HPS. HPS had the same kind of swagger you have, but they didn't have your knowledge to go along with it, and they were also lazy on top of it, passing off crappily made supercharger kits that blew up, etc. At the end of the day, you seem to have what it takes, and they didn't. But when a new tuner comes along, it just naturally gives some of the older members deja vu.

So ya, this forum has seen a lot of crappy tuners, and as a result people are a little skeptical. But don't sweat it, your product is making your customers happy, and the numbers will ultimately speak for themselves. I for one am glad you're around, since more competition = better for everyone. People will settle down with time, and even Jangy and Jrcart will eventually meet each other and bury the hatchet. As long as you are doing the right thing, everything will come around eventually, it's just a bumpy ride at first.

CODE OF SILENCE? Nobody informed me of the MB World Code Of Silence. I hope the day never comes that a tuner screws me over because if you guys think I am an obnoxious, loud-mouth, opinionated ****** now wait until you see me when I have something of importance to gripe about.

...one more thing, Jangy and I have not had words since Friday morning if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
CODE OF SILENCE? Nobody informed me of the MB World Code Of Silence. I hope the day never comes that a tuner screws me over because if you guys think I am an obnoxious, loud-mouth, opinionated ****** now wait until you see me when I have something of importance to gripe about.

...one more thing, Jangy and I have not had words since Friday morning if I'm not mistaken.
I am so proud of you guys ... group hug now- where is Rock?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:16 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CWW

Thanks for the input and filling in the blanks Chris.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Vic55
I am so proud of you guys ... group hug now- where is Rock?
Those words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the third of November, and you will once again be fighting for your freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from Vic55's ban stick............hehe.

BTW- I don't do group hugs.

Last edited by Rock; 11-03-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by Rock

BTW- I don't do group hugs.
What'd you expect, a reach around ?? j/k
Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by LZH

lots of hostility in the forum lately.. its like a cesspool of egos, testosterone and type a personalities all under one roof.. i think we need a new poseur to come and entertain us. just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Max.H; 11-04-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by LZH
Careful Luke, Rock might just jump on a plane and knowing him it will be a one way ticket ...