Sponsored by:

Is James@Creative still in business?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 S550 4Matic, '15 GL550, 360 Spider, Escalade ESV
Is James@Creative still in business?

Anyone know if James@Creative is still in business? I emailed him a couple weeks ago and haven't heard back. I tried to call and got no answer and I see he hasn't posted in about 10 weeks or so...

I'm looking for a go-to guy for matching the driving lights and fog lights to the color of my bi-xenons and saw his posts in the archives on the subject.

Can someone tell me what to buy and who to buy it from?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 PM

GT-R
I got mine from him as well and they match perfectly. Try calling him at 877-422-4736
Old 11-10-2008, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
He sure is...try contacting him at James@ACGSD (his new sponsor/board name)
Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 AM

K3 05 E55 sold, 09 GL550
Thumbs up James is still in business

Originally Posted by marcmc8867
Anyone know if James@Creative is still in business? I emailed him a couple weeks ago and haven't heard back. I tried to call and got no answer and I see he hasn't posted in about 10 weeks or so...

I'm looking for a go-to guy for matching the driving lights and fog lights to the color of my bi-xenons and saw his posts in the archives on the subject.

Yes James is in business He just installed HID lights bulbs for my E this morning(monday) and let borrow a wheel while my wheel is repairing . You're the best James . I appreciated your help.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
try 858-633-1017-that is his new shop number.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:58 PM

Got ahold of him, thanks guys.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
L.L.C.

Can I at least have the name?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by jangy
Can I at least have the name?
?? Come again kind sir?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
?? Come again kind sir?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Funny, I'm having a difficult time getting in touch with him as well.

The only problem is that I've ordered (and payed for) 2 quaife LSD's about 3 weeks ago, and have been unable to get in touch with him ever since.

If he doesnt respond within 24 hours via PM or phone (908-720-5131), I'm going to have to file a dispute with my credit card company.

Any help getting James in touch with me is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 11-12-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:33 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Funny, I'm having a difficult time getting in touch with him as well.

The only problem is that I've ordered (and payed for) 2 quaife LSD's about 3 weeks ago, and have been unable to get in touch with him ever since.

If he doesnt respond within 24 hours via PM or phone (908-720-5131), I'm going to have to file a dispute with my credit card company.

Any help getting James in touch with me is greatly appreciated.
Haha...Alex...trust me on this one, just file that chargeback now. Like, RIGHT NOW.

And whatever you do, if he offers you a refund via check, don't take it. It'll probably bounce.

Check this out: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....0&postcount=41
Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM

Well he's answered 3 out of the 5 times that I've called the last couple days so maybe he has caller ID

I ordered some bulbs, HID fogs, and painted reflectors from him a couple hours before hearing all this dirt so I'm gonna stay out of it and just hope my stuff shows up
Old 11-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
alex and i have talked.

He was calling while we we're out of the office for SEMA, and yesterday when I was up in LA.

all is good
Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 PM

Yes, James and I spoke today.
I didn't realize he was at the SEMA convention all of last week, which was when I was trying to get in touch with him concerning my order.

James, I got in late and am ready to turn in. I will call you around 11ish tomorrow to discuss my order.

Thanks again, I retract my previous post.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:58 PM

I'm having a hard time getting in touch with James@creative again, although he did get back to me once when I decided to use my wife's cell phone.

During that conversation, I agreed to purchase 1 of the 2 Quaifes I paid for, and James offered to ship out one LSD and refund my visa card for the other one.

He already provided me with a tracking number (schedualed arrive on Dec. 8th), but I'm still waiting for the refund on the second Quaife.

I preffered not to post here, but its been over 2 weeks since we made this agreement and I've yet to be credited for the difference. Despite the countless unanswered calls I've made.

James, if your reading this, I would appreciate it if we settled up.
I'm getting real tired of the chasing game
Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
I'm having a hard time getting in touch with James@creative again, although he did get back to me once when I decided to use my wife's cell phone.

During that conversation, I agreed to purchase 1 of the 2 Quaifes I paid for, and James offered to ship out one LSD and refund my visa card for the other one.

He already provided me with a tracking number (schedualed arrive on Dec. 8th), but I'm still waiting for the refund on the second Quaife.

I preffered not to post here, but its been over 2 weeks since we made this agreement and I've yet to be credited for the difference. Despite the countless unanswered calls I've made.

James, if your reading this, I would appreciate it if we settled up.
I'm getting real tired of the chasing game

alex,

Like we have discussed, I good willing sent you the one quaife you ordered while we waited for your chargeback case to drop. however I can not and will not refund you until the funds that we're removed due to your chargeback are returned back to us. I hope you can understand my stance on this. We have been told repeatedly from our merchant processor not to refund or even ship any product until they verify with your bank that you have dropped the chargeback. Shipping the product to you while we wait was something that I did since we have them on the shelf. However I will not refund you until the original transaction has been recovered.

I hope you can understand this. If you have any questions about this, you are more then welcome to call me on monday when the shop is open.

regards,
James
Old 12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Alex, DO NOT DROP THE CHARGEBACK.

And James, this guy has plenty of $$$, I used to go to his businesses when I was in high school, he's on the up & up. Nobody is dicking anyone around except you. Alex just wants what he paid for.

And since Alex would have to be an idiot to drop the chargeback when you're here saying you are refusing to send the merchandise until he deliberately removes his only recourse/protection he has against you (which is both an extortionist tactic, and also violates your merchant agreement with your credit card processor), then I guess what you're really saying is the deal for the second quaife is off.

After two months of delays, it's f*ing ridiculous that you expect him to drop the chargeback until he has merchandise VERIFIED and IN HAND.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Alex, have someone drop by the shop and get what they can. I am also owed and done with these games. Been nice too long and all we do is get shafted.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CWW
Alex, DO NOT DROP THE CHARGEBACK.

And James, this guy has plenty of $$$, I used to go to his businesses when I was in high school, he's on the up & up. Nobody is dicking anyone around except you. Alex just wants what he paid for.

And since Alex would have to be an idiot to drop the chargeback when you're here saying you are refusing to send the merchandise until he deliberately removes his only recourse/protection he has against you (which is both an extortionist tactic, and also violates your merchant agreement with your credit card processor), then I guess what you're really saying is the deal for the second quaife is off.

After two months of delays, it's f*ing ridiculous that you expect him to drop the chargeback until he has merchandise VERIFIED and IN HAND.
CWW,

i glad that you can vouch for Alex, from what i've gathered from him yes he does seem to be an up and up gentleman, however just because you know him personally does not mean much to me as I have never dealt with him prior to this order.

I would be more then happy to give you our merchant's number if you would like to verify that they advised me not to send any product or refund until they verify the charge authorization that we send in.

As for the delay, we were told by quaife that thee LSD's would arrive by MIR. Alex ordered his Quaife, the smaller version on Oct 25th. At the time of order, he was told that it would take roughly 2 to 3 weeks to arrive.

He tried to contact us during week of the 4th of which we were out of the office for SEMA, however we we're able to communicate on the 13th of Nov, at this time I gave him my personal cell to contact me as needed.

At that time point he notified me that he did now know if he would like to keep the quaife's as they would not be able to attend the new MIR date. I at this time offered alex a refund, you can verify with him. However he said he might still want his, and would ask his friend if he would like to keep or get refunded for the second quaife. i told him to contact his buddy and get back to me as I had the quaifes ready to ship.

On the 19th of Nov, I called alex again to see if he had made a decision at that point he notified me that he would like to have one quaife sent and one refunded which i agreed. He then asked me what we would need to do as a chargeback had been filed. We then both called our banks to see what steps are required to clear everything up.

My merchant processor which is (Chase) then faxed a form that I and alex needed to complete, which Alex promptly completed and faxed in. I called the next business day which was monday, and they notified us that it would take 2 to 3 business days for them to receive and input the fax that we sent, then a few business days to them to verify the signature on the documents to verify that Alex's signature is in fact his.

Alex called me on my cell on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving weekend which was this past Tuesday, and asked if I had heard any news from our Merchant processor. I let him know that I had not, however I would send him the quaife since I know he send in the fax and the chargeback case would be reversed. However that I would not refund him for the second quaife until the transaction for the 2 quaifes have been returned back to us.

CWW,

Please let me know where we are at fault. The quaife's were ready to ship as promised, however the customer did not know if he wanted 1, 2 or zero quaifes and notified me that he would like me know. A week later I gave him a call, and we agreed to send one quaife, and refund the other, however we had a pending Chargeback case, that we needed to clear up. I think I would be safe to say that most if not all stores would also wait to make sure that the chargeback is dropped before sending any merchandised.

James

Last edited by James@ACG; 12-08-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jangy
Alex, have someone drop by the shop and get what they can. I am also owed and done with these games. Been nice too long and all we do is get shafted.
Jangy,

You have my cell and office number, if you would like to call me to discuss what i "owe" you.

James
Old 12-08-2008, 11:34 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
CWW,

i glad that you can vouch for Alex, from what i've gathered from him yes he does seem to be an up and up gentleman, however just because you know him personally does not mean much to me as I have never dealt with him prior to this order.

I would be more then happy to give you our merchant's number if you would like to verify that they advised me not to send any product or refund until they verify the charge authorization that we send in.

As for the delay, we were told by quaife that thee LSD's would arrive by MIR. Alex ordered his Quaife, the smaller version on Oct 25th. At the time of order, he was told that it would take roughly 2 to 3 weeks to arrive.

He tried to contact us during week of the 4th of which we were out of the office for SEMA, however we we're able to communicate on the 13th of Nov, at this time I gave him my personal cell to contact me as needed.

At that time point he notified me that he did now know if he would like to keep the quaife's as they would not be able to attend the new MIR date. I at this time offered alex a refund, you can verify with him. However he said he might still want his, and would ask his friend if he would like to keep or get refunded for the second quaife. i told him to contact his buddy and get back to me as I had the quaifes ready to ship.

On the 19th of Nov, I called alex again to see if he had made a decision at that point he notified me that he would like to have one quaife sent and one refunded which i agreed. He then asked me what we would need to do as a chargeback had been filed. We then both called our banks to see what steps are required to clear everything up.

My merchant processor which is (Chase) then faxed a form that I and alex needed to complete, which Alex promptly completed and faxed in. I called the next business day which was monday, and they notified us that it would take 2 to 3 business days for them to receive and input the fax that we sent, then a few business days to them to verify the signature on the documents to verify that Alex's signature is in fact his.

Alex called me on my cell on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving weekend which was this past Tuesday, and asked if I had heard any news from our Merchant processor. I let him know that I had not, however I would send him the quaife since I know he send in the fax and the chargeback case would be reversed. However that I would not refund him for the second quaife until the transaction for the 2 quaifes have been returned back to us.

CWW,

Please let me know where we are at fault. The quaife's were ready to ship as promised, however the customer did not know if he wanted 1, 2 or zero quaifes and notified me that he would like me know. A week later I gave him a call, and we agreed to send one quaife, and refund the other, however we had a pending Chargeback case, that we needed to clear up. I think I would be safe to say that most if not all stores would also wait to make sure that the chargeback is dropped before sending any merchandised.

James
Alex is absolutely not out to screw you, I guarantee it. And the problem is, the chargeback wouldn't even be an issue in the first place, if he had received the merchandise from you already like he was supposed to.

So you guys now have this problem because of issues/reasons that weren't Alex's fault in any way, shape, or form. He did everything he was supposed to do, and the only thing he knows is that he's paid for stuff that he hasn't received.

So at this point, the right/fair/correct thing for you to do is to send him the merchandise ASAP, and tell him to cancel the chargeback when he receives it. This is necessary because, for one reason or another, you've given him doubt about trusting you, and at the same time he's still waiting on merchandise that he paid for a long time ago but still hasn't received. And FWIW, that is a common complaint among people who have done business with you. This is hardly the first time this same problem has cropped up. So given the circumstances, and given that the issues were on your side and not Alex's, it is up to you to take the first step to make things right. He's already done everything he was supposed to do, you were the one who still hasn't delivered the merchandise.

You can't start grousing now about how you're not shipping it until he cancels the chargeback that he wouldn't have filed in the first place if you had done what you were supposed to. That's ridic.

Alex is a nice guy, and I really hate to see him going through this. Just make the situation right and send him his merchandise already.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:43 AM

I have no dog in this hunt but my recent experience with James has been good.

I ordered HID fogs, bumper strips, other bulbs, etc. from him a few weeks ago. I finally went to have the stuff installed last week and discovered that there was a missing item. I called and asked if he could just send the item when he could since I was in no hurry and he promptly sent the item Next-Day from CA to NC.

Of course that's what any good vendor should do but when given the opportunity to make the situation right, he did it before I had to urge him.

Granted, a $350 order is different from a couple Quaifes but my experience has been good so far.

Again, no dog in this hunt...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CWW
Alex is absolutely not out to screw you, I guarantee it. And the problem is, the chargeback wouldn't even be an issue in the first place, if he had received the merchandise from you already like he was supposed to.

So you guys now have this problem because of issues/reasons that weren't Alex's fault in any way, shape, or form. He did everything he was supposed to do, and the only thing he knows is that he's paid for stuff that he hasn't received.

So at this point, the right/fair/correct thing for you to do is to send him the merchandise ASAP, and tell him to cancel the chargeback when he receives it. This is necessary because, for one reason or another, you've given him doubt about trusting you, and at the same time he's still waiting on merchandise that he paid for a long time ago but still hasn't received. And FWIW, that is a common complaint among people who have done business with you. This is hardly the first time this same problem has cropped up. So given the circumstances, and given that the issues were on your side and not Alex's, it is up to you to take the first step to make things right. He's already done everything he was supposed to do, you were the one who still hasn't delivered the merchandise.

You can't start grousing now about how you're not shipping it until he cancels the chargeback that he wouldn't have filed in the first place if you had done what you were supposed to. That's ridic.

Alex is a nice guy, and I really hate to see him going through this. Just make the situation right and send him his merchandise already.
CWW<

I'm assuming that you haven't read into details the post that both Alex and I have posted. The one quaife he wanted was shipping last week after we confirmed that the merchant processor received the fax from him, and should be in his hand's today. The only thing that I am waiting for is to receive the funds back from the chargeback so that I can provide him with his refund for the quaife that he canceled.

Jmes

Last edited by James@ACG; 12-08-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned

I have no dog in this hunt but my recent experience with James has been good.

I ordered HID fogs, bumper strips, other bulbs, etc. from him a few weeks ago. I finally went to have the stuff installed last week and discovered that there was a missing item. I called and asked if he could just send the item when he could since I was in no hurry and he promptly sent the item Next-Day from CA to NC.

Of course that's what any good vendor should do but when given the opportunity to make the situation right, he did it before I had to urge him.

Granted, a $350 order is different from a couple Quaifes but my experience has been good so far.

Again, no dog in this hunt...
Marc, have you had a chance to install the fogs?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
Marc, have you had a chance to install the fogs?
No but my guy is doing it Thursday morning...