W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW ASP pulley track test 120 MPH +or-!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
NEW ASP pulley track test 120 MPH +or-!

Went back to HRP this evening and was shocked at what this heavy car could do. First suprise, 1.778 sixty foot , Second was 11.715@119.53!! Yes, this is a ASP pulley ,80mm tb and NO TUNE yet installed

Wonder what a tune and headers would do now???? Oh yeah, and a lose TQ converter?

PS, really liking these Nitto Invos and new ASP pulley!

Wanted to go for the 11.6 but a camaro smashed the wall and really messed the track up for hours.

Here is the timeslip and again the time is an hour advanced.
Attached Thumbnails NEW ASP pulley track test 120 MPH +or-!-timeslip.jpg  

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-21-2008, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Please get a tune.
Somebody can tune you at MIR, right?

You'll be a legend in the 215 class! 11.5 at 4,650 pounds.
(That's what mine weighed (with me) at Texas Motorplex.)
Old 11-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
WOW! That’s some serious thrust. Well done.

Now you’ve got a solid baseline for your heat exchanger and tune upgrades.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is Sick as Fu*k
Exotic-metal55...I want NITTO INVOS on my new setup...can you tell me what you think about them? good and bad thanks

Last edited by PerisanGodFatha; 11-22-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
thats a sweet time man. and dam that thing is heavy, my e55 with me in it was 4351 @ Englishtown Raceway Park.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:31 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by splinter
WOW!
Now you’ve got a solid baseline for your heat exchanger and tune upgrades.
I searched ,PM-ed and called around but no H/E for CL.. I managed to find a 40 ounce Garrett h/E that I will custom fit this weekend.This H/E will be in addition to the stock unit and not replace it.

Persian; I like the Nitto Invos for numerous reasons. They grip really well for a street tire. I would say the grip is the best I have tried on a street tire, being only second to drag radials. They have an ultra cool, multi style tread pattern that seems to cover most road conditions (very nice in water). They can be cross rotated. They are well priced and just look great on the car IMO. I really have nothing bad to say but for some caynon carvers (the CL is not), the sidewall is a little softduring heavy G`s..

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 11-22-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 AM

E55 AMG
Wow thats a great 60 foot for street tires. Are the invos quiet on the road? I hate loud tires and im seriously considering the invos for my next set.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL65
Those are great numbers. My question is are you damaging your engine without a tune.

I asked this question last week about putting on a 80mm Throttlebody and headers(Renntech) and was told not even to drive it home from the shop(10 miles) without a new tune. I don't really think the headers would make much difference(compared to TB) and I already have a tune for the RT pulley.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:37 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hamann69
Wow thats a great 60 foot for street tires. Are the invos quiet on the road? I hate loud tires and im seriously considering the invos for my next set.
They are quiet , especially compared to the pilots and PS2 I have run in the past.

My question is are you damaging your engine without a tune.

I asked this question last week about putting on a 80mm Throttlebody and headers(Renntech) and was told not even to drive it home from the shop(10 miles) without a new tune. I don't really think the headers would make much difference(compared to TB) and I already have a tune for the RT pulley.

Who told you that?? From my data logging, the ECU easilly can adjust air fuel ratios to our bolt ons.. My numbers look real good on my data-log and plenty of room left for more bolt on`s; not just on benzes but all the OBII systems I have logged. My car runs very well with the two mods I have so far.. None of the boost blow off issues I hear about on dynos either. I prefer track runs over dyno runs anyway.. Dynos are nice tools but hard to be consistent in most cases on our cars..

My personal need for a tune, would be to get rid of the frickin torque managment!!!! It ruins the whole performance ride experience! Hopefully gain 3 tenths in the 1/4 mile, Optimize timing and fuel curves through the whole power band. De-sensitize knock senors and raise shift point rpm on the 1-2 & 2-3 shift; plus all the other little goodies that may come with it.. I would have a tune already but info is hard to come by on what we get with our tune..

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 11-22-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Is this the newer larger ASP pulley?

Great runs btw!
Old 11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I searched ,PM-ed and called around but no H/E for CL.. I managed to find a 40 ounce Garrett h/E that I will custom fit this weekend.This H/E will be in addition to the stock unit and not replace it...
Ah yes, the underserved W216 market – my mistake.

If you wouldn’t be disclosing any of your proprietary R&D, it would be interesting to know your before/after IATs with the new Garrett heat exchanger and its nicely oversized ASP. Incidentally, their worldwide headquarters is ~eight miles from here. It’s an impressive facility with some very sharp engineering minds.

MJ50 had VRP fit a piggyback unit on his E55. Trust your installation goes smoothly.

photo credit MJ50

Last edited by splinter; 10-06-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:55 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by bobgodd
Is this the newer larger ASP pulley?

Great runs btw!

Yes, that is what I meant by new ASP pulley.. I calculated about a 11% increase in size over the old model.. I was told this is thier new standard pulley now..

I think the rule is that for every one of us that post, 20 more lurk behind the scenes. I guess a lot of lurkers jumped on it I was suprised at how many they have sold already before I could even get mine on

If you wouldn’t be disclosing any of your proprietary R&D, it would be interesting to know your before/after IATs with the new Garrett heat exchanger and its nicely oversized ASP.
LOL, none of my mods or anything related to this car is proprietary to me..I will post all the info and pictures, after I finish the install.. Should be done later today or in the AM.. The Garrett is 26" wide X 6" tall and 1.5 wide. It has large end tanks.. I really wanted the extra coolant..
Old 11-22-2008, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I searched ,PM-ed and called around but no H/E for CL.. I managed to find a 40 ounce Garrett h/E that I will custom fit this weekend.This H/E will be in addition to the stock unit and not replace it.

Persian; I like the Nitto Invos for numerous reasons. They grip really well for a street tire. I would say the grip is the best I have tried on a street tire, being only second to drag radials. They have an ultra cool, multi style tread pattern that seems to cover most road conditions (very nice in water). They can be cross rotated. They are well priced and just look great on the car IMO. I really have nothing bad to say but for some caynon carvers (the CL is not), the sidewall is a little softduring heavy G`s..
Have you thought about the logistics of hooking up a W215 CL65's heat exchanger for the I/C?

BTW...stop making your car so fast...it is catching up to my CL65!!! Nice times!!!
Tom
Old 11-22-2008, 10:46 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Have you thought about the logistics of hooking up a W215 CL65's heat exchanger for the I/C?

Are you talking about the H/E in this pic.? Part #110/11? If so, the Cl55 has that same style H/E and I am adding another one in front of it in the lower valance.. Just like the E55 or S55 class.

This STAR CD manual is sweet for finding these details.. I wonder if your I/C tanks could be adapted to the 55 tanks for added capacity?
Attached Thumbnails NEW ASP pulley track test 120 MPH +or-!-untitled.jpg  
Old 11-22-2008, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL65
Who told you that?? From my data logging, the ECU easilly can adjust air fuel ratios to our bolt ons.. My numbers look real good on my data-log and plenty of room left for more bolt on`s; not just on benzes but all the OBII systems I have logged. My car runs very well with the two mods I have so far.. None of the boost blow off issues I hear about on dynos either. I prefer track runs over dyno runs anyway.. Dynos are nice tools but hard to be consistent in most cases on our cars..
Sorry for getting a little off topic on your thread but I would like to be sure about no tune necessary. This is a link to the thread where I asked the question and unless I'm reading this wrong these guys think I should have an immediate tune just to drive it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tech-mods.html
Old 11-23-2008, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Are you talking about the H/E in this pic.? Part #110/11? If so, the Cl55 has that same style H/E and I am adding another one in front of it in the lower valance.. Just like the E55 or S55 class.

This STAR CD manual is sweet for finding these details.. I wonder if your I/C tanks could be adapted to the 55 tanks for added capacity?
Yup...that is it. I am wondering if the CL55's H/E has a smaller capacity than the CL65. The CL600's has about 50% of the capacity of the CL65's H/E. The CL65's H/E is stamped as an "AMG" part...maybe the CL55 has the same one... since they are both AMG's.

Does the STAR CD manual give the capacities?

There are other ways to get added cooling capacity. Let me know if you are interested.

Tom
Old 11-23-2008, 09:35 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by waxking1
Sorry for getting a little off topic on your thread but I would like to be sure about no tune necessary. This is a link to the thread where I asked the question and unless I'm reading this wrong these guys think I should have an immediate tune just to drive it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tech-mods.html
No problem, I think we are talking about two different scenarios.. I thought you were referring to a stcok tune with bolt ons (Like I have). If RT or any other tuner has altered your stock tune, then I guess anything could be possible as you add more bolt ons. Always safer to check A/F ratios. I would go back on that thread and ask why the one person is making that claim..Maybe he has a RT tune and knows what they do..

Tom, I will check the STAR CD for capacities. I have an AMG stamped H/E that is one inch thick but inlet and outlet lines are located on the passenger side. So, it is a little different. If yours is thicker than 1", then that would be the only way I could see more capacity in the H/E.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:03 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Here is a link to the video of the run.. Note: The high pitch whine and loud exhaust in the video, is of a large 4x4 F250 turbo Deisel in the other lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLic31pyys
Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 PM

2005 E55 AMG
KICK *** RUN!!!

Exotic great times makes me wish I had gotten your package a couple of days sooner... Received your package today and cannot wait to put that pulley set-up and 80mm TB package together. I was at MIR and one of my friends had the Nittos on his LS3 Corvette and was hooking up like nobody's business and his runs were all consistent. I may opt for them too!!! Great times and wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!