MIR Results!!!! Coming in.... WOW!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jangy
Then you did beat him, no? Going from there, why would it be so unreal that another 55k could? I never doubted the cat, track, or car. I just didn't understand why we couldn't mod ours enough to beat a stock car is all. Dude, you had a GREAT day!! I had forgotten about all of the issues you had building up for the event. Way to stay tru and strong..
When we raced heads up I was slower. My best ET was better than his on that day though. It isnt unreal, up until recently the best 55k time off nitrous was 11.34, which is what I based my statement off of. It is possible but will take alot of mods

Thanks, there were alot of headaches I had to deal with and even still I didnt have the right wheels and tires on the car.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by jrcart
I thought traction in the box was great, best I have had the privelage to run my BS on to date. I put down a 1.663, a 1.669 and a 1.673 60', my previous best was a 1.78. If traction in the box at MIR gets even better than this weekend was I would have to see it to believe it. Not to beat a dead horse, but it was the traction at the 1/8 point and beyond that sucked.
Jim traction depends on the power you make along with tire selection and weight of vehicle. I have run a best of 1.57 60ft and couldnt get better then a 1.79 backed up with a 1.83 on Sat, spinning out of the hole both times. I make over 710tq to the wheels, that along with the cold and rather skinny drag radials led to the horrible 60's
Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
It is possible but will take alot of mods
Agreed on mods, but they are out there. I also agree on LOTS of mods. A stage 5 55K is the base. Also, even then we still have the traps to chase. Do you think your intake work did anything to help? 125 isn't bad, but I'd love to somehow open these cars up to get closer to 130mph..

Thanks, there were alot of headaches I had to deal with and even still I didnt have the right wheels and tires on the car.
I don't know of any car that is ever "complete" and ready to go. I enjoy the jopurney more than the final product. Keep up the good work and enjoy your fastest EVER CLK status.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
ok all...
heard back from my dealer a little while ago...
my stomach was getting ready to sink. He said they were replacing my 7a transmission. He wouldnt go into specifics other then to say they knew it had been at the track but were still going to cover it under warranty.
Someone just made my gift list for the holidays!
Said I could probably have it back tomorrow. Old transmission is out and new one was being put it today and tomorrow.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
That's def. some good news man. Congrats!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by jangy
Really? Dude, why didn't you rub that in me sooner? You know I was curious to see the tines. I'll go lookup what I thought I saw. Since you were there, involved, and trustworthy....are you telling me that he did have better ets than all of the non nitrous 55ks? Hoenstly, I thought even you beat him . You've got to be close if you didn't.
Blackbenzz shredded the ET's but you wouldn't call Jaimie's Z06 slower would you w/129mph Trap vs 124mph Trap??
Old 11-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Thericker
Blackbenzz shredded the ET's but you wouldn't call Jaimie's Z06 slower would you w/129mph Trap vs 124mph Trap??
HAHA!! I was going by et simply because that is the number we were to use had the infamous bet ever come about.

I don't call Jamie's car slow by any account. But, the fact remains that the race is 1/4 mile and the blown CLK had the best numbers of the day. That is all I ever argued.....that it could happen. I always understood that the vette has a better trap, as do M cars, as do many cars. Also, top end (100mph and up) is where i have focussed all of my efforts for almost a year on this car and there are definitely gains to be had. New TB and some final tuning andmaybe an E55 will see 130mph....
Old 11-25-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
ok all...
my stomach was getting ready to sink. He said they were replacing my 7a transmission. He wouldnt go into specifics other then to say they knew it had been at the track but were still going to cover it under warranty.
Said I could probably have it back tomorrow. Old transmission is out and new one was being put it today and tomorrow.

Wow! It's great that you are getting a new transmission - you must have a great relationship with the service manager!

I wonder if they knew because they monitor some of these forums? I know one of the Atlanta dealerships monitors MBWorld.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
ok all...

Great news, please publish the name of your dealership so others might be inclined to buy there. Tuner/Mod/Racer friendly dealerships are rare now days. Fortunatley my M-B dealership in my home town is mod friendly but I have to drive 45+ minutes to find a mod friendly BMW dealership since the one in my hometown is not. I bet they just earned a customer for life and maybe a couple more from any locals that might read your post.

One question I do have is how the hell did they get a trans so fast? It's almost like they keep a spare around, like they were expecting it.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jrcart
One question I do have is how the hell did they get a trans so fast? It's almost like they keep a spare around, like they were expecting it.
+1 ....... Seems like an incredibly fast service
Old 11-25-2008, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
ok all...

WOW! I bet the current state of the economy had a little to do w/there honoring the warranty (dealerships are very slow business wise right now)

What gave away your track history? Did you leave caked on burnt rubber under wheel wells?