MHP MIR Recap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrcart
Sorry, I typed in the wrong address

www.absolutelydriven.com
Yeah, I found it. I'm not sure why you're using this as some kind of defense for your attacks here? Everyone else can read the thread, and decide for themselves on how you come across:

http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=4411
Old 11-26-2008, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Yeah, I found it. I'm not sure why you're using this as some kind of defense for your attacks here? Everyone else can read the thread, and decide for themselves on how you come across:

http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=4411
INDYJOE; Here's another news flash for you...5 minutes after I went off on Ahmads board and got myself banned Ahmad comes over here and posts antoher thread on MB World in an attempt to drag more people into the mix.

Like I said, get educated on the facts before you butt into a conversation!

Here is some more proof for you....Now do you want to reconsider your stance now that you have some facts?
click link below
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/271225-jrcart.html
Old 11-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Hehe...nice
Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by rberga1
Hehe...nice
very nice..
Old 11-26-2008, 02:54 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Since most of this started becasue Ahmed feels he was robbed of a head to head race....I'll give my thoughts and try to keep it as objective as possible.
Ahmed - simply put, you were not prepared. A large part of racing is being prepared and bing able to react to changing circumstances. For example, you still had your window down at the burnout area. The track worker had to motion to you to raise your window, then had to tell you to back up becasue you overshot the burnout area. Dude, you didn't even have your HELMET ON !!!!! As far as I can tell from the video, Jim staged, did his bunout and was ready to go. You, on the other hand, looked confused. You can make any excuses you want, you needed extra time to heat up your bald tires, etc. But in racing, blaming your equipment does not fly. You had a chance to run head to head....what ? Is your opponent supposed to wait and give you extra time to get ready while his tires cool down?? Jim was ready and you wern't - PERIOD. When the light turns green it's GO TIME. You have only yourself to blame for not being ready and prepared when the tree lit up.
I don't mean this to ignite any further flames....it's simply my honest and unbiased opinion after viewing the video.

Last edited by LZH; 11-26-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:58 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Well, I've been gone for a few days and it's taken me about that long to read though all the BS and the usual idiots that continually like to stir the pot and pound their chests for no reason - some people really need to get a life.
Great numbers Andy, I knew you and your cusomers cars would come out on top. I think that pretty much says it all. There will always be the few haters who muck up this place with their negativity - ignore them...the scoreboard is all that matters.
Thanks Luke, and as always, well stated.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:58 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I would like to let you guys know that as of the race at MIR I had not ordered any products from MHP. They had nothing to due with me not making it to MIR. Just wanted to clear this up..
Thanks for clearing that up Rick, much appreciated!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:59 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Hey WTF I wasn't ready to come out of the closet man
Josh, hey, if you would have asked me I would have said I am just running the stock ECU what mods I due in my secret Andy. I hope you didn't say anything about the TURBO'S
No worries, everyone knows you wanted the 87 octane tune with 1.5" crimped headers and cotton ***** in your inlet tubes. We want the CLS Record!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by LZH
Since most of this started becasue Ahmed feels he was robbed of a head to head race....I'll give my thoughts and try to keep it as objective as possible.
Ahmed - simply put, you were not prepared. A large part of racing is being prepared and bing able to react to changing circumstances. For example, you still had your window down at the burnout area. The track worker had to motion to you to raise your window, then had to tell you to back up becasue you overshot the burnout area. As far as I can tell from the video, Jim staged, did his bunout and was ready to go. You, on the other hand, looked confused. You can make any excuses you want, you needed extra time to heat up your bald tires, etc. But in racing, blaming your equipment does not fly. You had a chance to run head to head....what ? Is your opponent supposed to wait and give you extra time to get ready while his tires cool down. Jim was ready and you wern't - PERIOD. When the light turns green it's GO TIME. You have only yourself to blame for not being ready and prepared when the tree lit up.
I don't mean this to ignite any further flames....it's simply my honest and unbiased opinion after viewing the video.
That was not a track worker and he did not tell me to pull up my window. That was a friend of mine. We had to drive around the water box and reverse into it (people were driving through it and tracking water up to the staging lanes), he was helping me. I did not "overshoot" the water box Last time I checked Jim was the one complaining about traction not me. Nice try though. He admitted himself I wa sfaster on that day. I had the best time, end of story. You were not there, keep you mouth shut before you make yourself look even dumber.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-26-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:06 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
edited
When I used to post in other vendors threads I was asked not to via PM or the mods. Why exactly you feel you can post in mine I have no idea.

ps--6'4" 240....
Old 11-26-2008, 03:06 PM

2001.5 Audi S4
Originally Posted by LZH
Ahmed - simply put, you were not prepared. A large part of racing is being prepared and bing able to react to changing circumstances. For example, you still had your window down at the burnout area. The track worker had to motion to you to raise your window, then had to tell you to back up becasue you overshot the burnout area. Dude, you didn't even have your HELMET ON !!!!! As far as I can tell from the video, Jim staged, did his bunout and was ready to go. You, on the other hand, looked confused. You can make any excuses you want, you needed extra time to heat up your bald tires, etc. But in racing, blaming your equipment does not fly. You had a chance to run head to head....what ? Is your opponent supposed to wait and give you extra time to get ready while his tires cool down?? Jim was ready and you wern't - PERIOD. When the light turns green it's GO TIME. You have only yourself to blame for not being ready and prepared when the tree lit up.

The video may show Ahmad staging later than Jim, but that should not have prevented Jim from waiting for Ahmad imho. If he had really wanted to race Ahmad, he could have held on for a minute or two until the lights were reset.

With regards to not being prepared - the stories show Jim was not prepared, not Ahmad. He didn't get to the track until much later than the 9 am run time, due to going out the night before. Showing a lack of dedication, inability to manage time and an inability to prepare properly for a track event. Don't go out till 5 am the night before if you know your event starts at 9 am. He didn't have his heart in the matter, and severely limited the chances he could run Ahmad head to head. He waited until the very last possible minute to line up, and didn't even wait. Motives are questionable there.

My $.02
Old 11-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by LZH
There will always be the few haters who muck up this place with their negativity - ignore them...the scoreboard is all that matters.
Exactly
Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by MHP
When I used to post in other vendors threads I was asked not to via PM or the mods. Why exactly you feel you can post in mine I have no idea.

ps--6'4" 240....
Yep, this is inappropriate totally. thread edited.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by S4Zippy
The video may show Ahmad staging later than Jim, but that should not have prevented Jim from waiting for Ahmad imho. If he had really wanted to race Ahmad, he could have held on for a minute or two until the lights were reset.
No offense and I want this discussion to end already but when heads up racing waiting even 30 seconds for the other racer to line up would be considered a favor where I'm from.

With regards to not being prepared - the stories show Jim was not prepared, not Ahmad. He didn't get to the track until much later than the 9 am run time, due to going out the night before. Showing a lack of dedication, inability to manage time and an inability to prepare properly for a track event. Don't go out till 5 am the night before if you know your event starts at 9 am. He didn't have his heart in the matter, and severely limited the chances he could run Ahmad head to head. He waited until the very last possible minute to line up, and didn't even wait. Motives are questionable there.

My $.02
You are correct about that. We went out, woke up late/hungover, and still managed to set and break records despite all the downfalls of the day. That's racing, and if you disagree, you haven't done enough of it.
Jim will again hold the overall CLK record, as well as the CLK BS records, and break his own overall 63 record very shortly. There's so much untapped potential in his car it's not even funny.
That being said, props to Ahmad for running the number last Sat. I can't and don't want to take anything away from what he did.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:11 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Yep, this is inappropriate totally. thread edited.
Thank you Brad.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by MHP
No offense and I want this discussion to end already but when heads up racing waiting even 30 seconds for the other racer to line up would be considered a favor where I'm from.

You are correct about that. We went out, woke up late/hungover, and still managed to set and break records despite all the downfalls of the day. That's racing, and if you disagree, you haven't done enough of it.
Jim will again hold the overall CLK record, as well as the CLK BS records, and break his own overall 63 record very shortly. There's so much untapped potential in his car it's not even funny.
That being said, props to Ahmad for running the number last Sat. I can't and don't want to take anything away from what he did.
I would have won anyway. I was literally seconds from staging before he left. Did you see his pass? Laughable at best. Weak burnout = no traction. I would have waited for him.

I want to see him beat 11.09 with pump gas and no nitrous...

All of Jims buddies chiming in again trying to reignite the flames

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-26-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
That was not a track worker and he did not tell me to pull up my window. That was a friend of mine. We had to drive around the water box and reverse into it (people were driving through it and tracking water up to the staging lanes), he was helping me. I did not "overshoot" the water box Last time I checked Jim was the one complaining about traction not me. Nice try though. He admitted himself I wa sfaster on that day. I had the best time, end of story. You were not there, keep you mouth shut before you make yourself look even dumber.
I saw the video - I didn't need to physically be there to see that you were unprepared. What about struggeling with your helmet at the last minute ?? Having your window down ?? If this had been your first run of the day it might make sense, but I know it wasn't. It's pretty clear to me that you have a bone to pick. But as I said before, you have onlly yourself to blame. I know it can be a bit hectic getting ready and the adreneline is pumping. It's clear however, that you were not ready, unprepared and are now making excuses and asking for extra time....LAME.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM

2001.5 Audi S4
MHP -
I do enough racing, just not enough 1/4mile racing apparently.
Every time we are at the road track, we do drink. But we go to bed around 11, and we're always up at 8 to make it to the drivers meetings. That is responsibility. And we focus on what matters. If drinking is at the focus of your track events, I suggest you find a new hobby and possibly attend a couple of meetings.

I don't disagree, with the amount of money he has thrown at that car, he should be faster. It will be interesting to see in the long run. When people accuse one side of being ill-prepared without admitting to the other side's faults, the arguments become inane.

Ahmad should have staged earlier. But Jim should have been at the track earlier allowing for more head-up racing potential.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by LZH
I saw the video - I didn't need to physically be there to see that you were unprepared. What about struggeling with your helmet at the last minute ?? Having your window down ?? If this had been your first run of the day it might make sense, but I know it wasn't. It's pretty clear to me that you have a bone to pick. But as I said before, you have onlly yourself to blame. I know it can be a bit hectic getting ready and the adreneline is pumping. It's clear however, that you were not ready, unprepared and are now making excuses and asking for extra time....LAME.
jim is asking for others to not comment and you weren't even there so please save your $.02.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by otoupalik
WHAT PART OF THE MODERATOR SAYING TO "GIVE IT A REST" DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

ANYONE CONTINUE WITH THE NEGATIVITY AND BAITING AND YOU CAN SIT ON THE SIDELINES FOR A COUPLE WEEKS!

THE FEW WHO WERE AT FAULT HAVE STOPPED AND LET IT GO - I WILL NOT TAKE NEW PEOPLE JUMPING IN ANS RE-STIRRING THE POT AT THIS POINT

RESPECT THE MODS OR YOU WILL NOT BE HERE.

WTF does this mean to you all- it means stop giving your two cents worth and move on.

Andy Im sorry but I dont think I got enough time to clean this thread up for you. Let me know what what you want done Ill assist so we can just talk about what MHP did and their results.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Everyone just chill, it's bad enough we hijacked Andy's thread yesterday but I thought we put things to rest before I headed out to lunch, Ahmad and I spoke via PM, although we do not agree on the staging/ head-to-head race issue we have agreed to move forward and put this behind us.

There will be plenty of time in the future for him and I to go head-to-head, until then or until I get to a track and better his time he wears the overall CLK crown. Not to further hijack this thread but I really think we need to have a drag meet that is located somewhere in the central US so it will attract more guys from the left coast, maybe Heartland Park, KS, which is within 30 miles of the geographic center of the continetal U.S. It might not be as fast as MIR (depending on season, Heartland can be very quick) but it will still be loads of fun and we can hold grudge matches til we're blue in the face. Say the word and I will start to organize the event.

NOW, EVERYONE ORDER AN ECU TUNE FOR YOUR CAR BECAUSE IF 3 RECORDS ARE NOT CONVINCING ENOUGH, I DO BELIEVE HE OFFERS A MONEY BACK PROMISE IF NOT SATISFIED....YOU WILL BE SATISFIED

IF ANYONE IS STILL WONDERING ABOUT THE RELIABILITY MHP TUNES KEEP IN MIND I MADE 6 PASSES ON NOS AND 3 N/A ON SATURDAY AND THE CAR STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:13 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by S4Zippy
MHP -
I do enough racing, just not enough 1/4mile racing apparently.
Every time we are at the road track, we do drink. But we go to bed around 11, and we're always up at 8 to make it to the drivers meetings. That is responsibility. And we focus on what matters. If drinking is at the focus of your track events, I suggest you find a new hobby and possibly attend a couple of meetings.

I don't disagree, with the amount of money he has thrown at that car, he should be faster. It will be interesting to see in the long run. When people accuse one side of being ill-prepared without admitting to the other side's faults, the arguments become inane.

Ahmad should have staged earlier. But Jim should have been at the track earlier allowing for more head-up racing potential.
I agree, we should've saved it for sat night but we all had a blast, I got to meet a lot of great people that I had previously butted heads with online, and records fell nonetheless. Lesson learned, and we're already planning for the next event in order to be tip top.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
WTF does this mean to you all- it means stop giving your two cents worth and move on.

Andy Im sorry but I dont think I got enough time to clean this thread up for you. Let me know what what you want done Ill assist so we can just talk about what MHP did and their results.
NP Vic, I don't think anyone has that much time lol. Let's just let it proceed as is, I think/hope everyone's had their say at this point.

Thanks!
Andy
Old 11-26-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MHP
I agree, we should've saved it for sat night but we all had a blast, I got to meet a lot of great people that I had previously butted heads with online, and records fell nonetheless. Lesson learned, and we're already planning for the next event in order to be tip top.

Thanks
Andy
Andy,
I'm not trying to be an a$$, but what records were broken? Your car broke the C63 record with a few great runs, right? What others?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
This post is totally one to instigate. If you actually cared for the answer, you would have READ the thread.

INDYJOE - this is a warning, one more and you will take a time out for the holidays.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP MIR Recap