Sponsored by:

Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Turbo C6, S65,
What did Brad and the Evosport car's run?
Old 01-18-2009, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
So many records today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did time stop when the 996TT passed me I coulda sworn there was a 2 second pause while he passed me when play resumed the P car was gone and I was half track?

CHIROMIKEY 11.24 , I dunno what to say??? CONGRATS BRO.
SAL URNEXT , uh 11.27 hehehehehehe my GAWD

Jrcart 11.04 fastest Famoso Benz.

RARFINANCIAL 11.60 and THE FIRST CLS63 in the 11's 11.97 off the bottle......

Evan 11.8 in the mighty Crossfire , whooped me again even after graciously giving me the tree, lol

JAKPRO, Man I am so sorry I did not hang with you, thanks so very much for coming .. DAYUM

The Hemi maniacs!!! You guys all made us shake our heads,,

\Chris your just a plain Maniac 11.40 and this guy is well just a pro

Auktane, Dayum son the CLS is mad mad sexy, best lookin benz made, who cares if you chose the slowe model LOL.

HMS. props for making the 55's so fast.. shoot

Max Copngrats..on hitting 11's in a STOCK 55

Jangy , thanks for being you. I appreciate your attendance.

Evosport, very impressed with your work and getting Jim's car so close to 10's. The SL needs a driver !!

What was up with all the beees.

I was pulled over for speeding, state patrol " any idea how fast you were going" me " not fast enough, my car let me down"

"excuse me" patrolee,
UGH another ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

MO you are incredible man, THANKS so much for always coming through.

Rick I smoked you by 1.3 seconds , and have it on camera so be careful with what you say.

My best was 12.2@115 , and that was not a PB so Im still questing for 11's Ricks CLS is simply faster , Mo's stock 63 piloted by CHIROMIKEY was faster.. UGH

CHIROMIKEY Your now on the 63 list CONGRATS 12.21 LOL dayum kid.

Jrcart, atrue enthusiast, addicted , dedicated and a very consistant driver. Jim I really enjoyed talking to you , I wish you the best.

To the HMS team, thatnks for everything , you guys made the end a little more enjoyable, .

To the P car driver what butrton ddid you push to disable my car?

My best race was against an SRT, just by a fog light.

Tons of Vids and pics , on the way

Rick , Lisa wheres my FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JAMES, JAMES, JAMES,,,,,,,, thanks for the "FUEL" and the toll use

to my pit crew ! LA VIVA CHICO DE LA FAMOSO

WARREN, you are a class act, hope to run with you again soon.
Terry once again man you scare all of us with tha little car

Last edited by juicee63; 01-18-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by TTC6TTM
What did Brad and the Evosport car's run?

The driver of the SL was sick , he did not show up. They really were focused on Jim and the Black series.

The SL was run a few times , I believe on street tires.

Hopefully everyone will chime in
Old 01-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by juicee63
To the HMS team, thatnks for everything , you guys made the end a little more enjoyable, .

To the P car driver what butrton ddid you push to disable my car?

My best race was against an SRT, just by a fog light.

Tons of Vids and pics , on the way

Rick , Lisa wheres my FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JAMES, JAMES, JAMES,,,,,,,, thanks for the "FUEL" and the toll use

to my pit crew ! LA VIVA CHICO DE LA FAMOSO
Nice to finally meet you my friend! Definitely good times and we must do it again soon!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
It was a cool track day! I was feeling sickish after a while and headed home early and didn't get to meet most of you, but definitely saw some bad *** cars out there! Time to mod mine for performance
Old 01-18-2009, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
did someone get that race on camera?
Man what a blast That was the best race of the day for me If we had more road we would have seen 175-185mph you stop first, no, you stop first Right on man, that car is sweet ( with the tail light in that is

Yes we have two or three vids of this race in HD. I will get them posted soon
Old 01-18-2009, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Thanks Mo for setting everything up!

Thanks to HYEVON Motors for makin my car into a beast!

Thanks to Chiromikey for lettin me borrow your wheels! (Yer a lifesaver)

As for me...I started out running an 11.7 @ 120. Then everything went downhill as I just couldn't hook up with my Nitto 555R's. Then I asked Chiromikey if I could borrow his wheels for a couple runs and he was kind enough to let me use them. Thanks again Mike! I finally got some traction and ran a

11.4 @ 122.

A new personal best for me...

Thanks again to everyone that made this event possible. I had a freakin blast! We need to do this again soon!
Thanks Mo for the awesome event. It was nice to finally put faces to all these names.

Here's another thanks to Chiromikey for helping me get into the 11.4's...of course with Chiro driving. With me driving my best of the day was 11.65 with a few other 11.6's. This was my first time running on drag radials and my 60' times were sucking! Thanks again Mike, your my new hero. That is one fast a$$ car you have and thanks for answering all my questions. BTW...I was glad to see you hit the 11.2's, it was well deserved!

Sun - It was nice meeting you and the gang. I'm glad you finally got the traction issue resolved and nailed a solid time. Maybe the next time we meet we'll both have a little more time on the drag and run these times our self. BTW...that cooling system is BAD A$$. I'm definitely sold on getting one installed!

Sal - All I have to say is

Benzgal -

Can't wait for the next one!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
BENLZGAL Your car looks too , Great to see you again. Your car is a beast. great runs

A big thatks to the camera crews. You guy kicked AZZ Can't wait to see some footage.

Josh, Can you say Vellano

James, Thanks for the food and bringing up the VP fuel. Your shop is AAA+. I would recomend ACG (your Shop) to all. James even did a rotor install right there at the track how's that for servive

I broke all my PB records, Time to sleep, LOL
Old 01-18-2009, 04:05 AM

2008 Jeep SRT8.....Supercharged
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Forgot to mention that one of the funniest races that took place was between Rarfinancial and the Challenger (I think piloted by Bryce)..... On one of their races, they happen to take off the line at almost EXACTLY the same time, then they accelerated together at almost EXACTLY the same rate, and as they were going down the track, they kept looking at each other while both stomping the gas pedal as hard as they could, but it almost seemed that neither of them was moving (from inside their cars)..... Anyways, they kept on trying to beat each other until even after the 1/4 mile mark was passed and they're still flooring it ...... even then, they still kept going and going, as each was trying to beat the other, but soon there was no more road left to run on and both had to brake abruptly at the end :rofl:

On their following runs, I remember the guy telling them "you guys do know that this is only a 1/4 mile race.... right?" And they both knotted... yeah.... :rofl:
LMAO!

I HAVE THE WHOLE RACE ON IN HD!!! I'LL POST TOMORROW!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hotrod182
It was great meeting everyone again, and helping out around the pits till it got dark! Really appreciate the extra work to get us the great lunch too. And thanks again for bringing the race fuel to the track at a great price too. (I got a can for my trip to Sacramento) . Mo what a great job you did in making this work with the everchanging participant list, and coordinating with track management.
Warren, it was great seeing you again at the track and hope to see you again at our next event And good luck in Sacramento next week

Originally Posted by sticky2
Just wanted to say thank you to Mo for keeping me (and all of us) informed and doing a good job organizing things. Also a special thanks for pushing for the extra hour, thanks

Special thanks to tequila, which after these next few margaritas is going to make my 12.2 look like an 11.9.
I'm glad you had fun and enjoyed the day Joseph...... the extra hour was your idea and done per your request, so thank you as well

Originally Posted by YoungMedic23
Thanks for everything MO!!! It was a blast....my best time bone stock was 13.2 @ 103 at Famoso.....and today i ran a 11.57 @ 118mph! So i completely skipped the 12's! My worst run of the day was a 12.1.......because i wanted to see how i did starting in 2nd gear!

I will post up a sweet video of everything i have within the next day and a half!
Paul, your car was simply a jaw dropper, super shocker, un-believable rocket system car man.... Almost everytime you ran, people could not believe their eyes. The car was launching very strong, very fast, and very smooth

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Thanks Mo for setting everything up!

As for me...I started out running an 11.7 @ 120. Then everything went downhill as I just couldn't hook up with my Nitto 555R's. Then I asked Chiromikey if I could borrow his wheels for a couple runs and he was kind enough to let me use them. Thanks again Mike! I finally got some traction and ran a

11.4 @ 122.

A new personal best for me...

Thanks again to everyone that made this event possible. I had a freakin blast! We need to do this again soon!
No problem, it was a pleasure meeting you and every single racer at the track, and I will definitely try to do this again as soon as we can
Old 01-18-2009, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Forgot to mention that one of the funniest races that took place was between Rick (CLS63) and the Challenger (I think piloted by Bryce)..... On one of their races, they happen to take off the line at almost EXACTLY the same time, then as they accelerated down the track, somehow they accelerated together at EXACTLY the same rate, so basically they were going side by side the entire time. They both kept looking at each other while both stomping the gas pedal as hard as they could with each trying to gain a lead on the other, but it almost seemed that neither of them was moving (perspective from inside their cars)..... Anyways, they kept on trying to beat each other by accelerating harder and faster even after the 1/4 mile mark was passed yet they were still flooring it ...... and even then, they kept going faster and faster, as each of them wanted to beat the other even more at that point, but soon there was no more road left to run on...... so then both cars had to brake abruptly at the end and we see brake lights and dust all over

On their following race, I remember the guy at the staging lanes telling them "you guys DO KNOW that this is only a 1/4 mile race, not a 1/2 mile race.... right?" And they both knotted while smiling... yeah....

Yes, it was one of those priceless moments

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-18-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Great job! I have two in my rig loaded up that might get into that #, so we say thanks!!!!

Pulling out of OC at 4am! If you see a big evosport rig on the way - honk!
Did they hit tens?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned

Twin Turbo C6, S65,
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Did they hit tens?
I think we would know by now Ahmad.

Props to the P-car for some nice times!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by YoungMedic23
Thanks for everything MO!!! It was a blast....my best time bone stock was 13.2 @ 103 at Famoso.....and today i ran a 11.57 @ 118mph! So i completely skipped the 12's! My worst run of the day was a 12.1.......because i wanted to see how i did starting in 2nd gear!

I will post up a sweet video of everything i have within the next day and a half!

Get in the cutting room and post some vids................
Old 01-18-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
BENLZGAL Your car looks too , Great to see you again. Your car is a beast. great runs

A big thatks to the camera crews. You guy kicked AZZ Can't wait to see some footage.

Josh, Can you say Vellano

James, Thanks for the food and bringing up the VP fuel. Your shop is AAA+. I would recomend ACG (your Shop) to all. James even did a rotor install right there at the track how's that for servive

I broke all my PB records, Time to sleep, LOL
I know its really a PAIN bro....but could you possibly post up the original list of people that were there and post their BEST TIME beside there name.....kinda like a "who's who" of the races for the guys that werent there.

MO---- Amazing undertaking planning something this big. I wasnt there but still---great job man!!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:10 AM

335i
It was great to see everyone getting along out there. Especially Mo and Josh, it is always nice when we are together at the same events. And it was nice meeting you Benz Girl and hearing about your awesome car, and finding out we live so close to each other! Along those same lines, amazing props to all those who drove from so far away to attend this event! Often the track crew was just waiting for someone to drive up and make a run, so it is pretty clear an event like this can comfortably hold way more than 35 participants!

We were testing out the new Hoosiers on Terry's car before I go to Sacramento. He seemed to like them a lot. Unfortunately Terry's car had a bad hesitation on the 1-2 shift which killed his times. He still got a 11.8x at almost 119mph, so the car definitely has some potential once he figures it out.

Here is a video of him launching in one of his races,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Txl...e=channel_page
Attached Thumbnails Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009-clk-vs-vr600sl55.jpg   Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009-famoso-gtr.jpg   Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009-135i-vs-amg.jpg   Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009-famoso-bbq.jpg   Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009-famoso-pkg-lot-evening.jpg  

Last edited by hotrod182; 01-18-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:52 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
The Mighty Crossfire

First wanted to thank Mo for setting up the event and your unmatched hospitality. He walked around and made us all feel comfortable. Also congrats on your car setting a nice little record.

I was able to set my personal best with a 11.891 @ 117 mph. I ran 11.89 3 times. Twice was back to back on hot laps.

It was nice meeting new people and putting faces to names. Alex (Tectite) hooked us up on the way up with some great food and letting Micheal (Chiromikey) and I take his sick hp GT500 for a spin. More like tire spin, LOL. Jangy cool as always, nice seeing you there. Benzgal we will see you in the low 11's. Josh props to you brother. We always have great side by side runs. Jackpro1 truly a down to earth very nice person. Was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Time to check out of hotel and get on the road. Had a great time, look forward to the next one. GO STEELERS!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Here are some pics... these were all taken by Pyrun (Auktane on the site here). He has taken most of my sig pics and others, he has skills and photography is just a hobby:

Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
More from Pyrun (Auktane):

Old 01-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Amazing pics/cars
Old 01-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Amazing pics/cars
for some reason Im really liking that GTR...
Old 01-18-2009, 01:22 PM

2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali
thanks vic for posting the pics... I will post more up later !

that GTR was sick!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:22 PM

Not an AMG :(
Fantastic photos - beautiful cars!!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Vic55
for some reason Im really liking that GTR...
Yea looks sick! But dont do it unless you a) like broken transmissions or b) dont care about launching the car hard
Old 01-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I should have went. Next time for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009