Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Pics came out AMAZING Pyrun!~!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by auktane
thanks vic for posting the pics... I will post more up later !

that GTR was sick!
Auktane, mad skills on the Fstop you have talent, totally impressed with your pics.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
still on my way home so I'll put more details when I'm not chicken pecking an iphone. however, I wanted to get a quick thanks out to mo and everyone else that helped make this so much fun. even though he promised me good racing weather, I won't hold that against him. also wanted to thank James for lunch!

the main reason I wanted to go to this event was for the people that I had hoped to finally meet. I'm happy to say that my expectations were more than exceeded as I got to know far more good people than I had planned! there's too many for me to list right now and I'm still trying to sort names with screen names and cars but I can safely say made many new friends yesterday!

anyways, da sucked but it was still better than what I typically see in az. just goes to show that da does indeed play a big role in our kompressor cars, even though they're f/i.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Yea looks sick! But dont do it unless you a) like broken transmissions or b) dont care about launching the car hard
I probably wouldnt use LC all that much. One of my employee's dad is President of HKS so I know the tuning side would be awesome.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
WOW! man you are so skilled, you made my car look fast :-)

Im so tired, still cleaning the car, fixed command, just two small blown fuses not the relay for those tryingto help.

Magazine shots fer shure, definately magazine shots.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by chiromikey
still on my way home so I'll put more details when I'm not chicken pecking an iphone. however, I wanted to get a quick thanks out to mo and everyone else that helped make this so much fun. even though he promised me good racing weather, I won't hold that against him. also wanted to thank James for lunch!

the main reason I wanted to go to this event was for the people that I had hoped to finally meet. I'm happy to say that my expectations were more than exceeded as I got to know far more good people than I had planned! there's too many for me to list right now and I'm still trying to sort names with screen names and cars but I can safely say made many new friends yesterday!

anyways, da sucked but it was still better than what I typically see in az. just goes to show that da does indeed play a big role in our kompressor cars, even though they're f/i.
Thanks yet AGAIN Mikey! I couldn't have gotten my time without your help with the wheels!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Just can't say how much I enjoyed this event.

The fun off the track was just incredible. Camera crews running around. Juice (during the epic RAR battle as he was falling behind) walking around telling everyone to "Don't worry, this is all part of the strategy. Everyone just hang in there. "

So many many great memories including the every 10 min, "IF YOU GUYS GO FAST IN THE PITS JUST ONNNNEEEE MORRREEE TIMMMMEEEE!! "

Everyone literally helping everyone. Bimmer guys side by side with AMG guys. Sharing wrenches, borrowing tools and just admiring each others rides.

Least I finally figured out why MBWorld is what it is. The members behind the screen names are just great people.

I am sure an MIR East Coast event must be a blast with everone running their absolute fastest on a perfect track.......but gimme a bunch of West Coasters, a track, a camera crew and wild bunch characters all having fun, and I'll show you one awesome event.

Thanks again you guys!!

To MO who never stopped walking around working and getting b-itched out by track officials.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

The fun off the track was just incredible. Camera crews running around. Juice (during the epic RAR battle as he was falling behind) walking around telling everyone to "Don't worry, this is all part of the strategy. Everyone just hang in there. "

So many many great memories including the every 10 min, "IF YOU GUYS GO FAST IN THE PITS JUST ONNNNEEEE MORRREEE TIMMMMEEEE!! "

Everyone literally helping everyone. Bimmer guys side by side with AMG guys. Sharing wrenches, borrowing tools and just admiring each others rides.

Least I finally figured out why MBWorld is what it is. The members behind the screen names are just great people.

I am sure an MIR East Coast event must be a blast with everone running their absolute fastest on a perfect track.......but gimme a bunch of West Coasters, a track, a camera crew and wild bunch characters all having fun, and I'll show you one awesome event.

Thanks again you guys!!

To MO who never stopped walking around working and getting b-itched out by track officials.
It was awesome finally meeting the man behind the "Voice". Thanks fer makin the journey all the way out to socal for the event. Wish you could have stayed longer! Sorry we didn't have an electrical tape, I hope the blue tape still werked out for you somehow! Look forward to meeting ya again!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt6
Wow you guys ran some great times and those photos are fantastic!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Vic55
I probably wouldnt use LC all that much. One of my employee's dad is President of HKS so I know the tuning side would be awesome.
The tuning side is crazy! There is a GTR out there running 10.5's with something like 650-700hp.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 01-18-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by auktane
thanks vic for posting the pics... I will post more up later !

that GTR was sick!
Auktane, you're photo skills are very impressive and thank you so much for all your efforts yesterday in taking pictures of the cars on and off the track. I heard so much about you and seen a lot of your work, but it was a great pleasure to finally meet you
Old 01-18-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Awesome Pics! It looks like everyone had a great time. Can't wait to see some vids!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by chiromikey

Mikey, you're an amazing driver my friend For someone who has never driven an E63, yet gets into one and sets the record in 2 passes is just unbelievable I got a lot to learn from your launch technique.... some day I will get there

By the way, Mikey was so busy driving everyone else's car that he barely got to drive his own..... he under-estimated the demand from his earlier statement when he said "I'm willing to ***** out my services....." Next time you should charge $20 per run Mikey
Old 01-18-2009, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Thanks again you guys!!

LOL..... I had a great time meeting you and everyone else at the track

I think by far, the best time I had yesterday was when you took me for a few street runs in your car I was scared sh**less in every run, as your car felt more like a rocket launching than an E-Class I actually thought the car was about to take off

Thanks again for coming Jim, it was a pleasure to finally meet you
Old 01-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Sounds like everyone had a great time.

I could not make it due to previous commitment, but I will be at the next meet.

We are going to get URnext into 10s and I will have our 600/65 Power Packages complete, as well as QuadTurbo SL.

BTW, the film crew was an old friend of mine - Craig Lieberman.

Yes, the dude with orange Supra in F&F. He is a cool guy and have been doing cars for decades.

What if we do AMG/MB against BMW/M for the top prize???
Old 01-18-2009, 03:24 PM

2008 Dodge Challenger
First off, Mo thank you! What a great event! I had a blast, I managed to set the new N/A Challenger record with a 11.40 @ 120. Cant wait tell I get my tein screw blower!
I was again very impressed with the MBZ boys. guys put it down for sure!!

And I to wanna see the video of Bryce in my Challenger racing rarfinancial, I could hear them running, and running, and running,
Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 PM

2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali
so more pics for yall to enjoy!

juice... the hardest working guy on the track..

Old 01-18-2009, 04:02 PM

2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali

Old 01-18-2009, 04:16 PM

friend Merity
I want to thank all of you for giving me the props out there yesterday. We had a lot of fun. Unfortunately we did not bring full on drag tires, we wanted to see low 11's but 10.89 is good with drag radials spinning like crazy of take off with a low 60 ft of 1.9. Hopefully with full on drag radials maybe a 10.5. Here are both the top slips out of best 14 runs. I had fun driving the GTR also, finally talked him into launch control, he was stoked. Cheers guys.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by ArtTurbo
I want to thank all of you for giving me the props out there yesterday. We had a lot of fun. Unfortunately we did not bring full on drag tires, we wanted to see low 11's but 10.89 is good with drag radials spinning like crazy of take off with a low 60 ft of 1.9. Hopefully with full on drag radials maybe a 10.5. Here are both the top slips out of best 14 runs. I had fun driving the GTR also, finally talked him into launch control, he was stoked. Cheers guys.

Thanks again for joining us Art, your car was up a head turner at the track
Old 01-18-2009, 04:58 PM

E60 M5
Thank you everyone especially MO for having me at the event. This was my first time on the drag strip and so far i'm looking forward to the next one. I'm not regular here on this forum, but everyone that I met was cool and enthusiastic about cars. Too bad I have to cut it short and left around 2pm, but didn't get home til 10:30pm though.

Most if not all of the tuned 55s were impressive both sound and performance (all in 11s and 120+mph), but the clk63bs sound unreal and best looking MB i ever seen. The 135 was impressive especially at the launch. The Jeep SRT, crosssfire, challenger were also quick/fast. What else can I say about 996tt? Monster, period

For me, I managed to get around 30 passes and mostly 12.7-12.8@117-118 with some scatter of 13-14s. The best on 20" toyo 1tr I did was 12.6@117 with 2.2s 60'. And I drove Rab Dog's M5 with 18" drag radial, all four passes were all better than my car and best at 12.2@120 1.9s 60'.

Congrats everyone who broke their previous record and thanks for having me here.

Kenny

PS. Mo, don't forget to bring the "worst 60' time" trophy for me next time.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:01 PM

2008 Dodge Challenger
Awesome pics Auktane!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by keang24
Thank you everyone especially MO for having me at the event. This was my first time on the drag strip and so far i'm looking forward to the next one. I'm not regular here on this forum, but everyone that I met was cool and enthusiastic about cars. Too bad I have to cut it short and left around 2pm, but didn't get home til 10:30pm though.

Most if not all of the tuned 55s were impressive both sound and performance (all in 11s and 120+mph), but the clk63bs sound unreal and best looking MB i ever seen. The 135 was impressive especially at the launch. The Jeep SRT, crosssfire, challenger were also quick/fast. What else can I say about 996tt? Monster, period

For me, I managed to get around 30 passes and mostly 12.7-12.8@117-118 with some scatter of 13-14s. The best on 20" toyo 1tr I did was 12.6@117 with 2.2s 60'. And I drove Rab Dog's M5 with 18" drag radial, all four passes were all better than my car and best at 12.2@120 1.9s 60'.

Congrats everyone who broke their previous record and thanks for having me here.

Kenny

PS. Mo, don't forget to bring the "worst 60' time" trophy for me next time.
Kenny, your car was one of the best looking M5s I've ever seen. It looks very aggressive yet very stylish.... almost like it's about to go to war You ran very consistently and extremely well yesterday. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I look forward to seeing you at each of our events. I'll make sure to post on m5boards and update everyone on our next event
Old 01-18-2009, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Mo for setting this up. I will for sure come to the next one.
It was nice to meet everybody.
My car was consistent all day going 11.66 then 11.65, and then 11.64 @ anywhere between 120 and the best trap of the day was 122.8

Great job goes out to Benzoboi, ChiroMikey, Benzgal, URnext, and Bassn07 You guys have some real monsters. Ill be sure to get the 16" CCWs for the next event, as I am now certain that helps tremendously.

The Turbo was nice, and so was Jims Black Series. Also, Jakpro1, it was nice to meet you as well
Old 01-18-2009, 05:49 PM

2008 Dodge Challenger
Heres the 2 vids Ive got my hands on so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009