W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Extended warranty

Hi, I am shopping for an extended warranty (100K) for a 2007 E 63. So far I found the MB warranty (expensive) and Mercury. Any other recommendations for California?
thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
I don't know if Easy Care is in California, but I have found them very easy to deal with and have already used them twice with no issues.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Chrysler service contracts and no his is not Michael Case who seems to have gone out of biz. They have great rates and great coverage

http://www.chrysler.com/en/service_contracts/
Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
EXTENDED WARRANTY

Originally Posted by Felix Berger
Hi, I am shopping for an extended warranty (100K) for a 2007 E 63. So far I found the MB warranty (expensive) and Mercury. Any other recommendations for California?
thanks
You might try GEICO if you purchased the vehicle new 100,000 miles and 7 years. About $140.00 per year with a $300.00 deductible increasing slightly each year.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
Hey fellas,

I'm a new member here, fresh from bimmerfest.. I've actually been here for a few days searching and learning, finally thought I'd post... Previously had a 745li, just recently jumped into an 05 e55... Anyways, I purchased a chrysler service contract, the maximum care... I work for a DCJ Dealership, so my cost was 2400 giving me 3 yrs and 45k of coverage... the vehicle was just over 50k miles so thats the highest amount of coverage I was eligible for, given the mileage of the vehicle... My biggest selling factor was doing a search here on MB World and learning many members had good experience with the chrysler contracts. Though I havn't used it yet, I am confident it's a good plan for a good price... If anyone needs help with pricing and such, you are more than welcome to PM me.

Thanks, and I look forward to a good time here at mbw =)
Old 12-29-2008, 03:42 AM

SLK55 AMG
if you can get MB warranty, save yourself a lot of hassle and get it
Old 12-29-2008, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I need a warranty two (I thought it was funny cause I need two warranties )

Anyone have any good recommendations?

And why is the warranty on an 06 CLS500 more than one on an 06 E55?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM

c230
EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!

I just bought 2002 C230, manual transmission, with 120K miles and I am not sure if I should purchase the attached warranty for $2100.

Does anyone know if any of these parts break often.

Not quite sure whether to purchase or not. It covers additional 100K miles (upto 220K miles)

Thanks,
===================
COVER COMPONENTS INCLUDE:

ENGINE and WATER PUMP – All internally lubricated parts of engine, including pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings,
camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters, rocker arm shafts and water
pump. The Engine Block and Cylinder Heads are also covered if the above-listed parts caused a mechanical failure.
TRANSMISSION–Internally lubricated parts of manual or automatic transmissions, including torque converter case if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated covered part, oil
drums,
planetaries, sun gear and shell, shaft(s), bearings, shift rail, forks, and synchronizers.
pump,
TRANSFER CASE–up to $1500.00 towards the repair or replacement of internally lubricated parts
AIR CONDITIONER - Compressor, condensor, evaporator, orifice tube.
ELECTRICAL - Alternator, voltage regulator, power window motor, heater fan, starter motor. No other electrcal components. No other electrical components are covered by this program.
SEALS & GASKETS - Seals and Gaskets are replaced only as part of repair or replacement of the above covered components. Leaking gaskets or seals are not covered.
CAR RENTAL & TOWING - This program provides a total of $100 for car rental and a total of $75 for towing. Car rental & towing will be paid on valid, authorized claims only.
LABOR & DIAGNOSTIC CHARGES - Are covered in conjunction with an authorized repair on above listed components. No labor or diagnostic charges will be paid on unauthorized claims
or non-covered componenets.
COMMERCIAL COVERAGE– A COMMERCIAL USE VEHICLE IS DEFINED AS A VEHICLE UP TO 1 TON REGISTERED TO A BUSINESS AND/OR BUSINESS PURPOSES. VEHICLES THAT
ARE USED IN EXCESS OF MANUFACTURERS G.V.W. OR FOR EXCESSIVE HAULING AND PULLING ARE EXCLUDED FROM COVERAGE. TOW TRUCKS, VEHICLES WITH SNOWPLOWS,
POLICE VEHICLES, AND TAXIS ARE SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED FROM COVERAGE HEREUNDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY:To be eligible f
or the benefits of this product limited warranty, the Prolong Plus product must be properly installed and present at all times for this limited warranty to be
valid. All covered components and all drivetrain components must be factory installed by the vehicle manufacturer. Repaired or replaced previously only by an ASE Certified Mechanic.
Documentation will be required. If the Prolong Plus Product is drained from the radiator for any reason, you must request in writing from the manufacturer at address below new product
(Shipping and handling may apply.)
at no charge.
2. MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS:To obtain the benefits provided under this product limited warranty, it is the responsibility of the registered owner to:
A) Properly install the coolant in the radiator overflow. Properly install the engine oil additive. Properly install the air conditioning additive. Properly apply the
applicators to the battery.
B) Require that the engine oil and engine oil filter be changed by a commercial service facility every six (6) months or six thousand (6,000) miles whichever occurs
first after the product purchase date (within a window of one (1) month or one thousand (1,000) miles). Proper documented and verifiable receipts for oil and
engine oil filter changes will be required in the event of a claim. Handwritten receipts will not be accepted.
Initial
C) Require that the tr
ansmission be serviced within 6 months of the purchase date of product. Proper documented and verifiable receipts will required in the event of a
claim. Handwritten receipts will not be accepted.
D) Continue maintenance of covered component(s) as outlined in vehicle owner’s manual. Service receipts and invoices must be presented in case of a claim.
Service receipts and invoices must be presented in case of a claim.
3. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: LIMITS OF LIABILITY: In case of a failure within the lubricated parts of the engine, transmission, and/or transfer case as well as the air conditioning and

electrical components listed above of the registered vehicle, Manufacturer’s obligation is limited to repairing or replacing defective parts with like, kind, and quality including the
replacement of all lost fluids including the Prolong Plus product. The limit of liability per covered vehicle is $6,500.00 (aggregate) or the actual cash value of the vehicle as
determined by the NADA trade value whichever is less.
4. TRANSFER: This product limited warranty is transferable to a second owner of the vehicle or to a replacement engine and/or transmission, provided the Manufacturer listed
below is notified in writing, all maintenance records are reviewed prior to the transfer, and a
$50.00 transfer fee is paid.
5. EXCLUSIONS: Failure of a covered component, which occurs within the first ninety days (90) and 1,000 miles after Start Date, as it appears on the above registration form will
not be covered, this will be considered as pre-existing. All vehicles must be in good mechanical working order for this product limited warranty to be valid. Any parts that are not
or overheated parts or diminished performance is not covered. Leaking gaskets or seals are not covered.
listed under covered parts and components. Oil consumption, worn out
Parts that require normal vehicle manufacturers recommended replacement intervals are not covered under this product limited warranty. Damage resulting from failures by related
parts or units such as but not limited to: levers, controls, linkage, cables, radiator, coolers, rubber mounts, external oil lines, viscous couplings, drive axles and electronic components,
internal or external, to the engine and transmission are not covered. Failures must be the result of a proven mechanical failure. Prolong Plus and its limited warranty are not
intended for and do not apply to diesel engines manufactured prior to 1990, Rotary engines, 4100 GM engines, All Renault, Nissan 300ZX, Mitsubishi 3000 G
T, Dodge Stealth, 911,
928 or 930 Porsche, 12 cylinder BMW or Mercedes, Land Rovers, 10 Cylinder vehicles and vehicles in excess of 1 ton and commercial vehicles unless commercial box is checked.
Please call Manufacturer for specific clarification.
This limited warranty will not apply to the following items: Manufacturer is only responsible for covered components as indicated in the Terms and Conditions section on this
vehicle owner as it appears on the above customer registration. This limited warranty takes second place to other manufacturer
registration form when originally purchased by the
warranties or recall items. Manufacturer is not responsible if the covered components have been abused or damaged as a result of a collision. Manufacturer is not responsible if the
covered components have been tampered with or altered after the original equipment manufacturer installation. Damage or abuse through towing, improper load capacity, or
continued operation of an impaired vehicle failure to follow the terms and conditions as outlined voids this limited warranty, thereby letting the vehicle owner assume the liability.
the
Thermostats, blown head gaskets, cracked heads or block, fluid leaks, leaking seals or gaskets or lines or hoses, overheating or other engine or transmission failures caused by
lack of fluids or improper maintenance are not covered. Breakdowns caused by contamination, lack of proper fluids or non-suitable fluids, fuels, coolants or lubricants, including a
breakdown caused by the failure to replace seals or gaskets in a timely manner are not covered. Damage to the vehicle caused by collision, misuse, road conditions, negligence,
limited warranty does not cover such things as loss of use of the vehicle,
alterations, racing, fires, floods, riots, acts of war, vandalism, theft or acts of God are not covered. This
loss of earnings, personal damages, per diem expenses, or any other consequential or incidental damages. Storage, medical, telephone or rental charges not specifically outlined in
these terms and conditions are not covered. A gradual reduction in operating performance due to normal wear and tear such as but not limited to oil consumption, guides, valves,
rings, transmission clutch pack, discs and bands is not covered.
6. MANUFACTURER’S RIGHT OF CANCELLATION: In the event of filing a claim for service with Claims Administrator, the Manufacturer reserves
the right to cancel this limited warranty
upon the discovery of fraud or misrepresentation of a material fact by the vehicle owner or the vehicle owner’s representative or for nonpayment of the product. Any vehicle used in the
commission of a crime will not be covered.
7. CANCELLATION PROCEDURE: The paid purchase price of the Prolong Plus product is fully refundable within thirty (30) days of the product delivery date. In orde r to receive a refund,
address shown below, postmarked within thirty (30) days of the delivery date. The purchase
you must send the unused Prolong Plus product and this Limited Warranty to the Warrantor at
price of the Prolong Plus product is non-refundable after thirty (30) days of the delivery date or if the Prolong Plus product has been installed on the vehicle. If your product has been
financed, the limited warranty is only cancelable in the event of a verifiable repossession or an insurance total loss. All notices to cancel must be sent to Manufacturer only. All cancel-
ations will be calculated by a time and
mileage factor from the inception date, less a $75.00 cancellation fee. Any claims, vehicle inspection costs, or research paid prior to cancellation
date will be deducted from the refund amount.
Attached Thumbnails Extended warranty-warranty.jpg  

Last edited by jonsuh; 12-30-2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: COULD NOT READ ATTACHMENT
Old 12-30-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
uh...this looks like a warranty for some Prolong plus product ? Yes, I see that it is !

Surely you're not linking an insurance product decision with a product purchase ? Insurance companies set up reserves for claims. Do you want to have to worry about which insurance company Prolong is reinsuring with, if at all ? What if Prolong goes out of bidness ? etc.....

Run away from this

Last edited by regor60; 12-30-2008 at 02:45 PM.