Sponsored by:

Charcoal interiors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somethings better left unsaid ...
Charcoal interiors

I went through most of MB websites (US,UK,Int.,ME ...) some of them do provide Build-your-Vehicle options some don't but it's only more confusing anyway. I also tried googling it but no luck .. I'm trying to find out whether the Charcoal interior lots of the guys here have in thier cars is actually the black interior for MBs or is there an actual (darker) black interior, and also whether the European specd MBs have charcoal - and so no difference between them and American specd - or black interiors.

the black interiors in the AMG websites (and most of MB websites) look very nice and rich (dark) in the pics, is it photography or is it actually different than the ones I see here in members cars.

any input would be much appreciated, TIA ..
Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Charcoal does not equal black.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Euro spec cars (Australia) have charcoal - not a deep black, but close.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 AM

05 E55, 08 S63, 09 GL450
Originally Posted by Ol'School
I went through most of MB websites (US,UK,Int.,ME ...) some of them do provide Build-your-Vehicle options some don't but it's only more confusing anyway. I also tried googling it but no luck .. I'm trying to find out whether the Charcoal interior lots of the guys here have in thier cars is actually the black interior for MBs or is there an actual (darker) black interior, and also whether the European specd MBs have charcoal - and so no difference between them and American specd - or black interiors.

the black interiors in the AMG websites (and most of MB websites) look very nice and rich (dark) in the pics, is it photography or is it actually different than the ones I see here in members cars.

I have charcoal interior now and it is not same as the back inerior on my previous E. There is an actual darker black interior.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
I think it's called Anthracite?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
My '05 e500 has the "charcoal" interior and my '05 e55 has the black. I can take pics for comparison if you like.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Ol'School

I have the Charcoal interior and it's a dark dark grey but it is not black
Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Black interior was optional I believe - my '05 E55 has Charcoal, as did my '03 E55, however my '05 SL65 has optional full black leather (almost a $4k option) and the color difference is substantial. I much prefer the black.

-m
Old 01-05-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Oxygen
I think it's called Anthracite?
which one .. ?
Originally Posted by itsmeek
My '05 e500 has the "charcoal" interior and my '05 e55 has the black. I can take pics for comparison if you like.
I would very much appreciate it actually ..
and if you don't already have them and you're going to take them now .. could you please have the pics taken under similar lighting conditions? if it's not a bother that is .TIA.

thanks everyone for the useful info ..
Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
all 211s from before the 2007 modelupdate have CHARCOAL/ANTHRACITE or whatever you want to call it...modelupdated 211s are back to black

greetingz,
Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 PM

that explains the diff. between web pix and owners pix .. very useful piece of info .. thnx