Sponsored by:

WTF happened to our Forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
It has gone down market along with the price of the car.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Btw, the guys that are blaming it on the depreciation of the car value, think about what cars these guys own... It's not about the money. Jrcart has shown us that his pockets are deeper than many of us combined
Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
I could write up a long dissertation on what is right and wrong but I wont. Lets just remember that the internet has no tone or emotion so we all have to read what we just typed and before hitting the submit button, ask the question "what would a layperson think".
If your cars weren't so slow and your net worth weren't so low, you might realize that using "layperson" in a sentence makes you come across as a complete and total jackass.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
WTB JUICEEEEEEEEE
Old 01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Another good point you have, and also something that does not need to be said too.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Btw, the guys that are blaming it on the depreciation of the car value, think about what cars these guys own... It's not about the money.
Correct, it never has been about the money. It's about respect, good manners, and common courtesy. Something I see that is seriously lacking, not just here on this forum either.

Just because someone just wants to put 2K instead of 30K into modding their car does not make them any lower. People spend money on what they want and have preferences in that area. Someone that comes here asking questions and getting ragged due to that is wrong. Period. Someone posting pictures of their rides and then getting insulted because of their religion and political reasons of why gas in so cheap where they live is as well.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Jrcart has shown us that his pockets are deeper than many of us combined.
Let me preface this with no disrespect to JRCart at all.

On this point, this is one area that has been stated so many times it is like a broken record. Why is that important? Why does it keep having to be mentioned? I mean really? If I have deep pockets, and most that I know that do don't even discuss that. You don't have to, people will see it due to what you have. Hell, for that matter most don't want people to know that at all.

What you are people will see. Nothing has to be said.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Goatspeed
WTB JUICEEEEEEEEE

you called
Old 01-09-2009, 05:31 PM

2005 E55
You can always have exceptions to the rules, but from my personal experience from the RX7 community, we had the exact same problem back around 2002-2003 when the FD3S prices dropped in value and allowed for a different income stream to purchase these cars, destroy them, and really change the forum from an enthusiasts forum to a kids forum with some older/wise members still hanging out, but that forum lost it's family feel and became nothing more than a site to do some searches on to get some info....my posting went from daily to monthly as time marched on.

I am new to this forum, have 1 2yr old, and another on the way...and needed to leave the 2-seater world for a 4 door, and I have always been impressed with the W211 in the past, so I joined up, asked some questions, did some searching, etc....but I can see that this forum has some members that are not quite "classy", but give it some time and it will only get worse. These cars are thankfully still $30k and up....but as the get lower, into the $20's...the crowd will shift more and more. From my experiences, it's inevitable. The Supra community had it happen as well.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Hazy1
If your cars weren't so slow and your net worth weren't so low, you might realize that using "layperson" in a sentence makes you come across as a complete and total jackass.
Dude you are killing me
Old 01-09-2009, 05:54 PM

2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
Originally Posted by juicee63

you called
Whew...confidence restored.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 PM

‘11 SLS, ‘19 GT63 s Edition One
Some are blaming the lower average age that comes from younger people being able to own depreciated cars. But in the most recent turn of events it's older original owners of the cars that are acting juvenile.

I think some of the older members that are new(er) to the forums in general don't get the fact that the internet, or writing, has no "tone", but that the tone that one perceives is more indicative of one's own mindset rather than that of the poster. (Whoa that got a bit existential) OK never mind, carry on.

But I still think a sponsor selling ***** implants would make a killing judging by some of the recent behavior.

Overall everyone should just take it easy, there's enough stress in the real world to get worked up n the virtual one.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
I agree. I started lurking on this forum in 2004, I remember learning a lot from well informed members. Another great thing was reading the many OWNAGE threads.. I used to laugh so hard my face would hurt. It was a riot. There was much more of a comradery back then. Maybe, the stress of the recession is partly to blame for the negative attitudes going around lately.. I dunno. I just hope we can all get back on track soon. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by cte430
People need to "speak" here as if the other person were standing right in front of them.
The problem is most people can't even do that,let alone hold a intelligent conversation using a keyboard.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Well what can I say...I have been around this board for nearly a few years. I miss some of the old members but life moves on. As
The years pass I turn into a reader instead of writing much. I have taken a challenge and its to bring interest to the W215 section of the board where I am
Starting to post more often.

One of the things that attracted me to the board back in the days was the respect members had for everyone. Most of us respect each other but a certain few don't. I have received a lot of help thru out the
Years but lately I rather just die as opposed to asking for help, why? Who knows I might get a stupid response...so I just don't post.

Hopefully it will all go back to the old days...I hope...lol!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
This Forum is GREAT,

I think the good far outweighs the side bar pissing matches. We can only blame ourselves for where it has gone.

To the original OP:
Your threads are always highly informative and entertaining , rather than highlight the negative perhaps we should all look within and ask WHY do the crappy threads get so many hits? Seems we all love watching a good fight , egging on the participants. So stop reacting , stop fueling the flames and the threads will die w/o the efforts of moderation.

There are mostly Good people here and I can say many of the suspended, the banned and silent are decent folks. Participate and the forum will naturally progress in the manner of the participant.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by siswati
This place used to be such a cool place to visit. A place where you could get advice, learn how to mod your car, hang out with cool guys, meet some of them at GTG's and generally have a good time. I have made really good friends from this place, guys who have earned my respect and for whom I will always go the extra mile.

In the last 6 months this forum has deteriorated into a pissing match of juvenile proportions, and includes both posters and advertisers.

Nothing wrong with trying to be the quickest car on the planet. Have great respect for you if you do it. But its the way you conduct yourself on this board and in real life that determines the respect that you earn from your peers.

I really hope that we can get it back the way it was .... we are really becoming way worse than the JDM and M3 crowd. Anyone lurking on this board will come away with a very distorted impression of who we are.

Lets conduct ourselves with some dignity - just a voice in the noise hoping to be heard
I agree, it is pretty pathetic..

I feel as if some members are incomprehensibly inept thus leading to an infantile redundancy in the posts - rarely do I find a post anymore that is stimulating on any level
Old 01-09-2009, 11:31 PM

2003 cl55 (sold)
I posted this part in a different topic, but it seems much more applicable here:
(As a side note, I have been very put off by several tuner's attitudes on here. This whole "my dick is bigger than your dick" thing gets old quick and reminds me of junior high kids. With the general cost of Mercedes vehicles, I would expect a higher level of clientele and thus a higher level of class. Unfortunately, I have observed that this is not always the case. I would expect a tuner to represent themselves in a professional manner at all times because that is how it should be. Your attitudes and demeanor are a direct reflection on you and your product. You may have the best product in the world, but if you don't represent yourselves accordingly, I will not have anything to do with you. I know a lot of these rivalries are good for the consumer, but there is a difference between rivalries and straight grade school name calling. If you represent yourselves in a juvenile manner, I will automatically think your product is juvenile as well.)
Just as another side note, I'm only 27. The whole issue may be greater than just this forum as regards to the internet in general where one can assume basically any identity and conduct themselves however they want without any face to face interaction or repercussions. I just would expect (and hope) that people who buy these cars and are involved in business understand it has the potential to hurt them in the pocket book and those that don't have a business and are just individuals, if you conduct yourselves in a negative manner on here to feel better about yourselves or for whatever reason you are just a sad frickin' human being and I feel sorry for you but don't waste my time posting your bullcrap because I really don't care and I don't think anyone else does either...... If you want stupid drama, go watch some old reruns of Jerry Springer and get off on that.... oh yeah, and if its because you want attention because you weren't hugged enough as a child, dress up in a clown suit and stand on your local corner..... you'll get plenty of attention that way. Thanks

Last edited by jicl55; 01-09-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Amen. I used to enjoy coming to this site. Not anymore. Too much drama, too little respect or integrity. Used to be a great forum.

What a shame.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:00 AM

R350
Well said juice.

By far this has been the best forum i've been apart of. Let's focus on the positives here and move on.

IMO I don't see why everyone takes it so personal. What other site in cyberspace provides this level of knowledge and entertainment?

Love live MBWORLD

This Forum is GREAT,

I think the good far outweighs the side bar pissing matches. We can only blame ourselves for where it has gone.

To the original OP:
Your threads are always highly informative and entertaining , rather than highlight the negative perhaps we should all look within and ask WHY do the crappy threads get so many hits? Seems we all love watching a good fight , egging on the participants. So stop reacting , stop fueling the flames and the threads will die w/o the efforts of moderation.

There are mostly Good people here and I can say many of the suspended, the banned and silent are decent folks. Participate and the forum will naturally progress in the manner of the participant.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by 155
What other site in cyberspace provides this level of knowledge and entertainment?
For real??
Old 01-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by enzom
Amen. I used to enjoy coming to this site. Not anymore. Too much drama, too little respect or integrity. Used to be a great forum.

What a shame.
omg its alive!

......I always wondered what had happened to all the old faces...I guess you all stopped posting and just started to read.

But that’s the problem the reading content is.. how I say below avrg of what it used to be. Maybe if more people started participating again it will help
Old 01-10-2009, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Zod
omg its alive!

......I always wondered what had happened to all the old faces...I guess you all stopped posting and just started to read.

But that’s the problem the reading content is.. how I say below avrg of what it used to be. Maybe if more people started participating again it will help
Good point, but as stated V12Godspeed, myself, and many others: People stopped coming here because they would always get stupid answers. Someone would start talking about, Oh I have more money than you do, get some racial joke or insult, or you are a bottom feeder, and it goes on from there.

Bottom line, it's been going on for way too long and it needs to stop or be slowed down. However, some people are never coming back even it does.

People have said some pretty offensive things to me here, but I just see it as that they have a problem, and it is not the attitude of the collective here on MBWorld.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
This Forum is GREAT,

To the original OP:

Pretty much sums up my feelings also.

I think this forum is still the best and that people have just gone more into a reading mode over the past several months.

I have learned and benefited immensely from this forum and hope to continue and thank everyone for all their input.

Edit: I DO wish they would fix this problem: https://mbworld.org/forums/forum-que...our-reply.html

Last edited by Timeless; 01-10-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 AM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Hi Enzom
wow there's a voice from the past - missed you - always enjoyed your contributions.

Hi Juicee
I have really appreciated your enthusiasm and contributions on this forum. In the beginning I cringed at how personally you took the attacks to some of your well meaning but possibly misguided posts, but you could always tell that you were here to add value

That is most definitely not the way some of the recent drama has evolved. A few individuals have their own personal agenda, and really don't care much whether their actions contribute or detract from the greater good. And its easy to decipher.

DerekFSU, Finney, Pat and many others have contributed hugely without ever wanting anything back. Even sponsors like have contributed knowledge in huge amounts, despite their commercial agenda, and we have all benefitted greatly. Improviz, Cylinderhead and others with their great "outing" and ownage skillz have kept the posers at bay and have entertained us more than our TV networks could ever do....

To those of you who have earned my respect, I have great warmth and affection for you, even though there are many of you that I have never met and probably never will.

I have much to thank this forum for - a better appreciation of my cars and Mercedes / AMG in general. You guys let me know about the AMG Challenge which I attended for the first time in 2006. This led me to many more Challenges And winning my IWC watch), and then on to Sweden for the Winter Sporting in 2008 (and I am going back this year)

But more than that - the thrill I got from my E55, my total enjoyment af the AMG Challenges, that led me to Panoz Racing School, Bondurandt, Skippie, and others. I built a Spec Miata last year and started banging doors with DerekFSU and others in SCCA and NASA across the country, and am happy to report that I ended up with the 2008 SEdiv SCCA Spec Miata Endurance Championship title in my rookie year.

And guess what - I owe it all to this forum ..... it's been part of my life for the past 5 years, and I used to love it. I miss the way it used to be. Hopefully it will return to its former self. As I say, just a lone voice in the noise (maybe not so alone if I read the posts above)
Old 01-10-2009, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by siswati
I have much to thank this forum for - a better appreciation of my cars and Mercedes / AMG in general. You guys let me know about the AMG Challenge which I attended for the first time in 2006. This led me to many more Challenges And winning my IWC watch), and then on to Sweden for the Winter Sporting in 2008 (and I am going back this year)
It was longer ago than that, my friend. We met at the Homestead Challenge in 2005!

Don't you remember who had the FTD??

You and Derek would wipe the floor with me now....
Old 01-10-2009, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
nice to see a lot of the core members posting here...people that have helped pushed mod development to where it is today (even if they're "not real tuners"). i've been sucked up in the "drama" a few times and have regretted every session. the last few days have been fantastic for some reason and i hope we can get back to where we used to be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF happened to our Forum?