W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For you Jaq fans. News XF-R rated at 510hp!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
There are a lot of armchair experts in this forum now days - most with no direct experience. If ultimate horsepower isn't your prime game you might find the Jag isn't that bad. Go sit in one.
In fact my SV8 is a fine car - a better package than the E55 (and the C63 I've driven). The interior fit is better than E class MB (forget the C63 - interior plastics are worse than a Camry). Its 2 generations ahead in terms of general design features. In the flesh is a very attractive coupe like design - yes the concept car was more edgy but form gave way to function. And lets not talk about the leaked W212 E class - that's not an attractive front end!
Not as fast as the 55/63s- but what other 4 door sedan besides the E55 has 700Nm of torque (answer is none). Its fast enough(can't believe I said that). Engine is smoother. 6 speed tranny is great - like 7 speed MB. Its road feel and handling are miles better than the E55/63. Ride better than the C63 with similar handling. The one click 'sport' mode changes the suspension, throttle response and shift points instantly - very performance oriented. Yes, Jag should do better gas mileage but you guys are the ones wanting performance at all costs.
The XF-R should be a good car with added squirt.
In the end the demographic for Jag is different. Its not meant to appeal to twenty-somethings. The E55/63 look like every other E class to the untrained eye - something you can't accuse the XF of - as rare as hen teeth at the moment.
So to each there own. We all have different priorities, but at least consider that some other manufacturer may actual make a car worth looking at.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Originally Posted by OzE55
There are a lot of armchair experts in this forum now days - most with no direct experience. If ultimate horsepower isn't your prime game you might find the Jag isn't that bad. Go sit in one.
In fact my SV8 is a fine car - a better package than the E55 (and the C63 I've driven). The interior fit is better than E class MB (forget the C63 - interior plastics are worse than a Camry). Its 2 generations ahead in terms of general design features. In the flesh is a very attractive coupe like design - yes the concept car was more edgy but form gave way to function. And lets not talk about the leaked W212 E class - that's not an attractive front end!
Not as fast as the 55/63s- but what other 4 door sedan besides the E55 has 700Nm of torque (answer is none). Its fast enough(can't believe I said that). Engine is smoother. 6 speed tranny is great - like 7 speed MB. Its road feel and handling are miles better than the E55/63. Ride better than the C63 with similar handling. The one click 'sport' mode changes the suspension, throttle response and shift points instantly - very performance oriented. Yes, Jag should do better gas mileage but you guys are the ones wanting performance at all costs.
The XF-R should be a good car with added squirt.
In the end the demographic for Jag is different. Its not meant to appeal to twenty-somethings. The E55/63 look like every other E class to the untrained eye - something you can't accuse the XF of - as rare as hen teeth at the moment.
So to each there own. We all have different priorities, but at least consider that some other manufacturer may actual make a car worth looking at.
that was my point exactly----Ive owned 2 Jags---I love them. But what I find frustrating is that Jaguar never tries to push the envelope in anything. They are content with making a 'middle of the pack' type of car; performance wise. They dont try to be the best handling....or the most fuel efficient...or the most powerful....They're happy with finishing 4th or 5th in every comparison test as long as their cars look good and are low volume. They sell cars based on A)looks--rare low volume b)Interior/comfort c)Great dealership service.

Only GIRLS buy cars based on looks......I WANT to like a brand new Jag....but the Cars dont do anything to make me want them.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by HYEPWR
that was my point exactly----Ive owned 2 Jags---I love them. But what I find frustrating is that Jaguar never tries to push the envelope in anything. They are content with making a 'middle of the pack' type of car; performance wise. They dont try to be the best handling....or the most fuel efficient...or the most powerful....They're happy with finishing 4th or 5th in every comparison test as long as their cars look good and are low volume. They sell cars based on A)looks--rare low volume b)Interior/comfort c)Great dealership service.

Only GIRLS buy cars based on looks......I WANT to like a brand new Jag....but the Cars dont do anything to make me want them.
I think your right - One day they might aspire to be in the top 3. Peculiar given their sporting heritage. Perhaps the the XF marks the end of Jag living in the past and being a more focused sport/luxury marque.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by transferred
What mods? I know stock for stock the new M3 DCT gets smoked by the M5 sedan (courtesy of Gustav's airfield runs) but those do trap 117 so guess that figures.

ricka- how ya doing bud? been working like a portuguese man o war on a site in the big tx, back with the fam before heading back south. love the SL, sahweet.
Yo bro! Good to hear You & I have to meet up sometime for a few roll-ons w/that 65 of yours I've tried meeting up w/Nick aka Carl L. but our schd's always seem to clash..
Old 01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Woah!

Originally Posted by The Godfather
I heard MHP has a tune ready for it which modifies the air conditioning unit and makes it the fastest XF-R in the world. JRcart said he will smoke it on a road track though.
When didya get the Yellow Cali's Nice my nizzle....
Old 01-12-2009, 03:21 PM

somethings better left unsaid ...
Originally Posted by sticky2
The XKR with this motor will be special
+10 .. yummy !
Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

Interestingly enough, Jaguar took the XFR to 225 mph, with just an ecu tune: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/12/f...-hits-225-mph/

Weak? LOL!

Last edited by sticky2; 01-12-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Interestingly enough, Jaguar took the XFR to 225 mph, with just an ecu tune: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/12/d...on-bonneville/

Weak? LOL!
Sheesh....This is how dumb rumors start read the entire story buddy
The New XFR was pretty highly modded to make that run, including a HUMONGOUS rear spoiler big enough to serve lunch off the rear...NOT
just an ecu tune

Jaguar has set a new company speed record with a modified XFR, hitting 225.68mph at Bonneville Speed Flats.

The car, driven by speed ace Paul Gentilozzi, had a remapped ECU and supercharger mods, taking power to 600bhp. It was also fitted with a larger rear wing to aid aerodynamics.

Last edited by Thericker; 01-12-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thericker
Sheesh....This is how dumb rumors start read the entire story buddy
The New XFR was pretty highly modded to make that run, including a HUMONGOUS rear spoiler big enough to serve lunch off the rear...NOT
It wasn't highly modded, the run was made on the stock PS2's on the stock engine internals with an ECU tune only. How is that highly modded?

If you were shooting for over 220 mph in a sedan, you would want a large wing providing downforce, especially when using the stock tires and body panels. Maybe you need to read it again?

The Paul Gentilozzi-driven XFR had been modified with the appropriate safety gear (roll cage, fire suppression system, etc.), along with a sizable low-mounted rear spoiler and a derestricted ECU that allowed the supercharger to yield around 600 horsepower thanks to a bit more boost. So-equipped, the 503-horsepower sedan blew through the double-ton to top out at 225.675 miles-per-hour, solidly troucing the previous Jaguar land speed record of 217.1 mph set by an XJ220 at Nardo back in 1992

Incredibly, the Bonneville run was completed on stock Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires

Running with minor aerodynamic and safety modifications to meet the requirements for a Bonneville run, the 225mph top speed was achieved with additional horsepower liberated by a remapped ECU, a modified air intake and exhaust system and revised supercharger settings. No internal engine components were changed and the six-speed automatic transmission was standard, including the gear ratios.
That is incredible.

Last edited by sticky2; 01-12-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
It wasn't highly modded, the run was made on the stock PS2's on the stock engine internals with an ECU tune only. How is that highly modded?

If you were shooting for over 220 mph in a sedan, you would want a large wing providing downforce, especially when using the stock tires and body panels. Maybe you need to read it again?

That is incredible.
I know all about wings & downforceI brought up the wing because of your UNINFORMED STATEMENT
with an ECU tune only
Read again Stewped http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...uar-XF/236892/
600bhp w/modded Supercharger meaning ECU & Pulley etc...You read ONLY 1 link & made an ASSumption, NO way in hell is that heavy Jag hitting 225mph w/ECU only Even your own quote
around 600 horsepower thanks to a bit more boost.
proves it has Pulley etc...ECU on Supercharged motor does NOT increase BOOST! PULLEY MODS DO....Hell your little quote even proves MORE MODS WERE ON THE CAR ENABLING THAT 225MPH RUN
a modified air intake and exhaust system and revised supercharger settings
So lets re-hash your POOR COMPREHENSION shall we you claimed the new Jag ran this incredible 225mph w/ECU tune only LOL...
Interestingly enough, Jaguar took the XFR to 225 mph, with just an ecu tune
Weak? LOL!
We NOW know it has a modified air intake and exhaust system (Modified exhaust SYSTEM usually means the entire EXHAUST IE ADD Longtube Headers/X-pipe/hi-flo cats if any) and revised supercharger settings ie ECU/Pulley & GIANT Wing, I'm certain they messed w/the suspension if the damned car has a full roll-cage/Halon system etc..

Please stop making posts, w/out doing some more research + read your OWN QUOTES the Jag is/was HIGHLY MODDED...Sportboy

Last edited by Thericker; 01-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
So pulley and chip and we've got a 225 mph sedan? HOLY *****! I want one now.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Yo bro! Good to hear You & I have to meet up sometime for a few roll-ons w/that 65 of yours I've tried meeting up w/Nick aka Carl L. but our schd's always seem to clash..
Damn 65 never runs for more than a thou or so miles without issues. Bought it from a (much richer) good buddy of mine for a great price who had it modded. I'm trying to get it back to stock brother when i hear it's real reliable. haven't spoke to lasiter in too long. he only got his M after i beat his s4 with my e46

I'm with ya on a that shaguar hittng 225 w/just ecu
Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
So pulley and chip and we've got a 225 mph sedan? HOLY *****! I want one now.
See this is what happens w/uninformed posts by "Sticky2" answer to above quote NO, it's HIGHLY modded
Old 01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by transferred
Damn 65 never runs for more than a thou or so miles without issues. Bought it from a (much richer) good buddy of mine for a great price who had it modded. I'm trying to get it back to stock brother when i hear it's real reliable. haven't spoke to lasiter in too long. he only got his M after i beat his s4 with my e46

I'm with ya on a that shaguar hittng 225 w/just ecu
What mods does she have? ECU/TCU? etc?? post up some pix of that bad boy.. Yeah Lassiter is kool, just hard to get are schd's linked up...

LOL...Now I know why he got the M5...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-12-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:32 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
See this is what happens w/uninformed posts by "Sticky2" answer to above quote NO, it's HIGHLY modded
ECU, Pulley, those are simple and not too much $$. Sure its making 100 hp more than stock, I guess in that way it's highly modded. Plus that wing must've caused some drag, must be a very aerodynamic car to even get to that speed period. That's as fast as an LP640 roughly.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

ECU, Pulley, those are simple and not too much $$. Sure its making 100 hp more than stock, I guess in that way it's highly modded. Plus that wing must've caused some drag, must be a very aerodynamic car to even get to that speed period. That's as fast as an LP640 roughly.
Exactly, glad to see someone gets it. Incredibly designed body to be able to hit that speed.

Since when is a chip and pulley highly modded? Stock tires, stock supercharger, stock transmission gearing, stock everything. Thericker just doesn't get it, if it was a Benz doing it he would be drooling all over it.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
It's got more than Pulley/ECU Go look at my post above addressed to Sticky2...
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Exactly, glad to see someone gets it. Incredibly designed body to be able to hit that speed.

Since when is a chip and pulley highly modded? Stock tires, stock supercharger, stock transmission gearing, stock everything. Thericker just doesn't get it, if it was a Benz doing it he would be drooling all over it.
Dear Lord! You're hopeless....Even from your OWN QUOTES it has "a modified air intake and exhaust system and revised supercharger settings " which =(Modified exhaust SYSTEM usually means the entire EXHAUST IE ADD Longtube Headers/X-pipe/hi-flo cats if any) and revised supercharger settings ie ECU/Pulley & GIANT Wing, I'm certain they messed w/the suspension if the damned car has a full roll-cage/Halon system etc..

The wheels don't even look stock? the only thing they don't concede to MODDING is the engine internals ie cams or trans, in my book that is a highly modded Jag.

Do you want to school me on the Pulley part you earlier deniedYou said it didn't have a pulley & increased boost thru the ECU LOL...
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Are these mods actually done by Jaguar or a third party tuning company? If it's by Jaguar themselves and they offer to sell some of these upgrades while keeping car under warranty, they may be able to increase sales quite a bit It'd be almost like AMG offering a Stage 2 or 3 E55/E63 for us
Old 01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Are these mods actually done by Jaguar or a third party tuning company? If it's by Jaguar themselves and they offer to sell some of these upgrades while keeping car under warranty, they may be able to increase sales quite a bit It'd be almost like AMG offering a Stage 2 or 3 E55/E63 for us
What mods? That Jags bone stock What are you talkin bout Mo
Old 01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Hmm what else is STOCK Not the front SPOILER/bumper or rear Spoiler How bout those hood pins? are they stock helping the
Incredibly designed body to be able to hit that speed.

Suspension looks a tad low for STOCK too wouldn't ya say there brainiacstill think that's STOCK

How bout this part (My favorite BTW which you conveniently edited from your quotes above)
With modifications that the company describes as minimal (which actually included a fully stripped out interior, the addition of a roll cage, a front splitter and a massive rear spoiler) the XFR hit an astonishing top speed of 225.675 mp
Does a fully stripped out interior etc..Sound in ANY WAY STOCK TO YOU Mr. Know it all

I can just imagine you talking to your little M3 buddies "Dude! the new Jag is SICK!! w/just a simple little ECU mod they ran it @ Bonneville & hit 225mph!" your friends "Gosh!! really?? That things faster than that Ferrari on Magnum PI

Last edited by Thericker; 01-12-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
So just cuz a car is capable of 225mph you would WANT it??? Thats some dumb azz sheeit man. First off there is no way you are going to verify for yourself once you buy it that it goes that fast, and if you try please do it by your damn self. Forget doing some educated research and listening to people who have been into cars for decades...if a mag or article says it goes that fast...I WANT IT, its the best. hahahaha...rooks.

P.S. According to car and driver a BMW is the only car I should ever own....hahahaha
Old 01-12-2009, 09:39 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Originally Posted by nlpamg
HAHAHA, I forgot about these, I used to be addicted to smile faces like cracc. haha.

THERICKER sticky2

Whyd you have to get him started?? Well now u know.

Weeeest Siiiiiide.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by JYOO
HAHAHA, I forgot about these, I used to be addicted to smile faces like cracc. haha.

THERICKER sticky2

Whyd you have to get him started?? Well now u know.

Weeeest Siiiiiide.
LOL...He asked for the PIMP HAND & got the PIMP HAND

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For you Jaq fans. News XF-R rated at 510hp!!!