W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For you Jaq fans. News XF-R rated at 510hp!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK but loves my Fords
Originally Posted by Thericker
LOL...He asked for the PIMP HAND & got the PIMP HAND
HAHAHAHA

Im sure sweetheart like you didnt want to give it to him(or her), but they just keep asking for it.

WARNING: He doesnt wanna give it to you but if u keep asking for it, hes gonna give it to you.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JYOO
So just cuz a car is capable of 225mph you would WANT it??? Thats some dumb azz sheeit man. First off there is no way you are going to verify for yourself once you buy it that it goes that fast, and if you try please do it by your damn self. Forget doing some educated research and listening to people who have been into cars for decades...if a mag or article says it goes that fast...I WANT IT, its the best. hahahaha...rooks.

P.S. According to car and driver a BMW is the only car I should ever own....hahahaha
Who said they want it because it can hit 225 mph? That is simply great engineering. Way to over simplify.

Last edited by sticky2; 01-12-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned

Hmm what else is STOCK Not the front SPOILER/bumper or rear Spoiler How bout those hood pins? are they stock helping the

Suspension looks a tad low for STOCK too wouldn't ya say there brainiacstill think that's STOCK

How bout this part (My favorite BTW which you conveniently edited from your quotes above)
Does a fully stripped out interior etc..Sound in ANY WAY STOCK TO YOU Mr. Know it all

I can just imagine you talking to your little M3 buddies "Dude! the new Jag is SICK!! w/just a simple little ECU mod they ran it @ Bonneville & hit 225mph!" your friends "Gosh!! really?? That things faster than that Ferrari on Magnum PI
The larger someone types the better right?

You don't seem to understand the regulations for a car that competes on the Bonneville flats. You HAVE to meet their regulations, get it? Did that sink in yet? So you need a cage and fire extinguishers.

The body panels are stock, the rear and front spoilers are made to increase downforce which actually creates drag. Get it?

If you actually knew anything about physics you would understand a stripped interior doesn't have any effect on terminal velocity. But hey, considering your earlier points that a chip and a pulley is somehow "heavily modified" I'm not surprised.

Did you miss where this thing is running on the stock tires? Did you miss where it is the stock engine internals? Did you miss where it is the stock gearing? Did you miss where it is the stock supercharger? I'm not surprised you can't comprehend the achievement of a sedan in that configuration hitting 225 mph.

Swallow your pride and use that owned smiley on yourself.

Last edited by sticky2; 01-12-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Jeezus, that's a sick car, I think better looking than any MB or BMW, they should make it like that. I stand corrected on the mods, but it still is impressive, there's a lot of cars that can't hit that speed. Bet it handles pretty well too. They should offer those upgrades for sale, that would be awesome.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
Jeezus, that's a sick car, I think better looking than any MB or BMW, they should make it like that. I stand corrected on the mods, but it still is impressive, there's a lot of cars that can't hit that speed. Bet it handles pretty well too. They should offer those upgrades for sale, that would be awesome.
They are essentially endorsing that the car has plenty of headroom and can be modded.

Regardless what the haters think, from a purely performance standpoint, what they have already achieved is incredible. Still can't wrap my head around that they did it on the showroom tires, holy crap.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Originally Posted by sticky2
They are essentially endorsing that the car has plenty of headroom and can be modded.
That car is NOT lightly modded!! What exactly is the great engineering feat they accomplished??

Lets do the logical math on the problem......

E55 AMG
430rwhp
0.28 drag coeff
28 sq ft frontal area
4300lbs weight

XFR stock
~430rwhp
0.29 drag coeff
4100lbs weight
27 sq ft frontal area <---this is a pure guess and the most important factor. Lets give them a way better that the E55(even though it has better CD)

The theoretical top speed of an de-limited E55 is 194mph. A delimited XFR should hit ~196mph

Now Lets calculate the HP required to take the SAME stock aerodynamics car hit 225mph....

Answer---~650rwhp!!!

Lightly modded my butt!!!

That 430 rwhp--5 liter supercharged engine is probably boosting ~8psi stock. For it to get to 650rwhp; it will need to be boosting to OVER 20 PSI!!!!!!!!!!!!(without losing efficency---which is imposible)

That car may be on stock tires....but I can ASSURE YOU----Its not on pump gas.

Pulley headers tune Xpipe?? Thats just the TIP of the iceberg. I bet that the car runs on methanol or something similar. How bout a nice 3 stage 250hp shot of NOS. Thats the only way they get there on the stock SC.

I dont want to get tooooo technical, but there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY on God's green earth that car is on STOCK fuel injectors and pump......NO WAY a car company builds a car that stock, is operating at 50% duty cycle on its injectors----thats what it would have to be for it to be able to get to 650rwhp stock.

So again.....Whats the technical marvel again?? That a purpose built factory backed race car went fast?? Most stage 5 E55's have the power to go 210mph---and we dont have that "DONK" rear wing...

Last edited by HYEPWR; 01-13-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HYEPWR
That car is NOT lightly modded!! What exactly is the great engineering feat they accomplished??

E55 AMG
430rwhp
0.28 drag coeff
28 sq ft frontal area
4300lbs weight

XFR stock
~430rwhp
0.29 drag coeff
4100lbs weight
27 sq ft frontal area <---this is a pure guess and the most important factor. Lets give them a way better that the E55(even though it has better CD)

The theoretical top speed of an de-limited E55 is 194mph. A delimited XFR should hit ~196mph

Now Lets calculate the HP required to take the SAME stock aerodynamics car hit 225mph....

Answer---~650rwhp!!!

That 430 rwhp--5 liter supercharged engine is probably boosting ~8psi stock. For it to get to 650rwhp; it will need to be boosting to OVER 20 PSI!!!!!!!!!!!!(without losing efficency---which is imposible)

Pulley headers tune Xpipe?? Thats just the TIP of the iceberg. I bet that the car runs on methanol or something similar. How bout a nice 3 stage 250hp shot of NOS. Thats the only way they get there on the stock SC.

I dont want to get tooooo technical, but there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY on God's green earth that car is on STOCK fuel injectors and pump......NO WAY a car company builds a car that stock, is operating at 50% duty cycle on its injectors----thats what it would have to be for it to be able to get to 650rwhp stock.

So again.....Whats the technical marvel again?? That a purpose built factory backed race car went fast?? Most stage 5 E55's have the power to go 210mph---and we dont have that "DONK" rear wing...
I have no idea what gas it is running.

What I DO know is the engine internals are stock, it uses the stock blower, and is making a tremendous amount of power through the stock transmission and gearing.

They did not change the gearing or tranny and hit that level of power necessary for that top speed with the stock powertrain. What that shows is this thing can be tuned to put out some serious HP.

The technical marvel? They never had a top speed goal with the car when they were designing it, goes to show just how good of a job they did overall.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes

E55 AMG
430rwhp
0.28 drag coeff
28 sq ft frontal area
4300lbs weight

XFR stock
~430rwhp
0.29 drag coeff
4100lbs weight

Answer---~650rwhp!!!

+1

There is no way that a (lets say even 500hp car) can do 225mph...
Old 01-13-2009, 01:45 AM

I have no idea what gas it is running.

What I DO know is the engine internals are stock, it uses the stock blower, and is making a tremendous amount of power through the stock transmission and gearing.

They did not change the gearing or tranny and hit that level of power necessary for that top speed with the stock powertrain. What that shows is this thing can be tuned to put out some serious HP.

The technical marvel? They never had a top speed goal with the car when they were designing it, goes to show just how good of a job they did overall.

bro----If we take my car---the one i drive daily to work.......and I call 15 of Mercedes benz TOP race team engineers and say;

"Make this car a Boneville champ----cost no object---just leave the engine internals alone so we can market it in our marketing brochures"

How fast do you suppose they could make my car at boneville?? 200mph...225?? 250mph?

Off the top of my head Ill give you some idea's what Id do.....Completely disconnect the supercharger....Use the ecu to open the SC bypass valve and then add 2 turbo's in the rear(a la STS turbo's) and an external dry ice intercooler. That setup could get 1000whp easily and still be "COMPLETELY STOCK".

WHATEVER.....

Bottom line....race teams are sneaky...and what they do in IRRELEVENT to the cars we buy.

Side note----I see Monte Carlo's drive around at 210mph while they weave in and out on NASCAR every week----that doesnt mean the Monte Carlo at the Chevy dealership "can go 210mph with just a tune".

Last edited by HYEPWR; 01-13-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Banned

bro----If we take my car---the one i drive daily to work.......and I call 15 of Mercedes benz TOP race team engineers and say;

"Make this car a Boneville champ----cost no object---just leave the engine internals alone so we can market it in our marketing brochures"

How fast do you suppose they could make my car at boneville?? 200mph...225?? 250mph?

Off the top of my head Ill give you some idea's what Id do.....Completely disconnect the supercharger....Use the ecu to open the SC bypass valve and then add 2 turbo's in the rear(a la STS turbo's) and an external dry ice intercooler. That setup could get 1000whp easily and still be "COMPLETELY STOCK".

WHATEVER.....

Bottom line....race teams are sneaky...and what they do in IRRELEVENT to the cars we buy.

Side note----I see Monte Carlo's drive around at 210mph while they weave in and out on NASCAR every week----that doesnt mean the Monte Carlo at the Chevy dealership "can go 210mph with just a tune".
First of all, Jaguar did not build this car. It was a third party company that had their support, understand that.

I really don't see adding turbos to the car as the same thing as remapping the ecu and changing the pulley on the supercharger the car comes with. How in the world can you use this as any sort of example at all? It isn't even remotely a good analogy. They didn't make the power by cheating or lying, the information is all there. Do you really think the stock mercedes box will handle 1000 wheel anyway? As I recall the 5 speed needs to be strengthened over 700 pound feet.

You are equating this car, running the same powertrain as a production XFR you can buy, to a NASCAR Monte Carlo? Seriously? You need help seeing what is wrong with that statement?

Last edited by sticky2; 01-13-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
LOL...He asked for the PIMP HAND & got the PIMP HAND
Ricker, your posts are cracking me up as usual. We'll talk tomorrow.

Rob- longtime for sure. I'll call you this week.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:29 PM

They didn't make the power by cheating or lying, the information is all there.

Actually............ NO! ITS NOT.....Im pretty sure you had nothing to do with this car's buildup. All you know about it you read on the net......and as Rick pointed out; you didnt even read what was written clearly.

In other words---you know nothing about that car other than what the owners of the vehicle WANT you know. Did the writers of the article you read verify the RACE TEAMS claims or assertions?? I think not.

As far as my Nascar comment----Arent Nascars called "stock cars"??? That Jag has as much in common with a a stock XF car you can buy as a M3 owner has in common with a brain....ie--very little
Old 01-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Manufacturer
love the first pic
Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned

Actually............ NO! ITS NOT.....Im pretty sure you had nothing to do with this car's buildup. All you know about it you read on the net......and as Rick pointed out; you didnt even read what was written clearly.

In other words---you know nothing about that car other than what the owners of the vehicle WANT you know. Did the writers of the article you read verify the RACE TEAMS claims or assertions?? I think not.

As far as my Nascar comment----Arent Nascars called "stock cars"??? That Jag has as much in common with a a stock XF car you can buy as a M3 owner has in common with a brain....ie--very little
Aren't the cars in NASCAR called stock cars? Hahahha! Man, ya, they refer to them as stock cars but check the last time Chevy sold a monte carlo with a carbureted V8. The cars have nothing in common other than the name, you can not possibly be this stupid.

There is no conspiracy theory, some of you just can't admit you are wrong. You, I'm not surprised, you can't even see the basics.

As an M3 owner has in common with a brain? Haha, seirously, wtf? I think I should stop because it is a waste of my time to correct people with special needs.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:50 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
As far as exhaust, TG reports it having just removed cats.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
The larger someone types the better right?

You don't seem to understand the regulations for a car that competes on the Bonneville flats. You HAVE to meet their regulations, get it? Did that sink in yet? So you need a cage and fire extinguishers.

The body panels are stock, the rear and front spoilers are made to increase downforce which actually creates drag. Get it?

If you actually knew anything about physics you would understand a stripped interior doesn't have any effect on terminal velocity. But hey, considering your earlier points that a chip and a pulley is somehow "heavily modified" I'm not surprised.

Did you miss where this thing is running on the stock tires? Did you miss where it is the stock engine internals? Did you miss where it is the stock gearing? Did you miss where it is the stock supercharger? I'm not surprised you can't comprehend the achievement of a sedan in that configuration hitting 225 mph.

You are officially the MBworld Village idiot
The stripped interior decreased the weight substantially helping further the top speed record, also the obvious retuned suspension helps w/downforce, neither of which are mentioned by the tuner Rocketmotorsports. Doesn't it make you wonder what else they are omitting?

This was a publicity stunt, including Rocketmotorsports & Jaguar the car was HEAVILY MODIFIED...Not like you originally stated
with an ECU tune only

Here's a list of more secret mods they didn't release on those generic articles written for gullible peeps like you....

-Nitrous spraybar mounted in front of the intercoolers, in order to get the coldest charge of air possible into the engine.

-Modified suspension

-Modified exhaust

-No catalysts

-Modified airbox/intake system

-An aluminum undertray, smooths out the airflow under the car

-Modified front splitter and rear spoiler

-Racing fuel

-The XFR has two intakes in the nose and one was blocked off.

How do I know this to be true? This all came from the horses mouth and that horse is named Mike Cross.

We chatted with some folks at Jaguar (Malcolm Sandford, chief engineer of engines, and Mike Cross, chassis guru)

A bit more...
In preparation for the run, the XFR was given an aerodynamic makeover, including the addition of a massive rear wing and a parachute just in case it all went wrong.

While the car’s engine internals and gearbox were left standard, a revised air intake, exhaust system,a beefed up supercharger and remapped ECU liberated 600hp from the car’s V8
What were you babbling about the Supercharger being stock? After finding ALL these extra mods I'm certain the Jag in question has many more secrets & more than 600bhp..

I'm sure you still think it's Stock w/ECU only though

Last edited by Thericker; 01-13-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

You are officially the MBworld Village idiot
The stripped interior decreased weight substantially helping further the top speed record, also the obvious retuned suspension helps w/downforce, neither of which are mentioned by the tuner Rocketmotorsports. Doesn't it make you wonder what else they are omitting?

This was a publicity stunt, including Rocketmotorsports & Jaguar the car was HEAVILY MODIFIED...Not like you originally stated

Here's a list of more secret mods they didn't release on those generic articles written for gullible peeps like you....

A bit more...

What were you babbling about the Supercharger being stock? After finding ALL these extra mods I'm certain the Jag in question has many more secrets & more than 600bhp..

I'm sure you still think it's Stock w/ECU only though
You officially cemented just how incredibly stupid you are. Stop now, because you don't even remotely have a clue what you are talking about.

A stripped interior DOES NOT INCREASE TERMINAL VELOCITY. Do you understand that? All that a lower weight due to the interior, which was stripped for SAFETY REGULATIONS, would do is affect acceleration. Do basic physics escape you? Take that village idiot label, and tattoo it across your forehead.

Good luck finding these "secret" mods, that you wish were there. You need to stop, I don't expect you to admit how amazing it is for what is a modified stock powertrain car to hit 225 on showroom tires, but just stop making yourself look stupid, for your own sake.

Last edited by sticky2; 01-13-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
alright guys, I've read most of the bickering and it has to stop now.

otherwise, it'll result in suspensions and the thread being locked.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by nlpamg
alright guys, I've read most of the bickering and it has to stop now.

otherwise, it'll result in suspensions and the thread being locked.
Understood but to set the info straight (Will be my last post on the matter thanks)

A stripped interior DOES NOT INCREASE TERMINAL VELOCITY. Do you understand that? All that a lower weight due to the interior, which was stripped for SAFETY REGULATIONS, would do is affect acceleration. Do basic physics escape you?

In the absence of wind drag it takes more energy, IE horsepower to accelerate a heavier object to a given speed. Factor in wind drag & a lighter car still attains a higher speed assuming equivalent horse power.

There are many components to rolling resistance (tires, brake friction, driveline friction, etc....) The tire rolling resistance and wheel bearing friction elements are directly impacted by the addition of weight. And the impact of the added friction is NOT negligible.

Last edited by Thericker; 01-13-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
fun police has arrived. I think you guys better quit while your ahead. Some of the posts were entertaining though.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
meh its ok. i dont think i'd buy one
Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM

SLK55 AMG
even after all mods they have done, it is very hard for a car to reach 200 mph let alone 225 yet they were able to clock this jag at 225 mph which is insane i don't think stage 5 e55 with 600hp can do that. i don't even think slr with 626 hp can do that (max speed on SLR is 208 mph) this car reaching those speeds is very cool

Last edited by ExtremeSpeed5; 01-13-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
220+ mph stock my ***. Some people around here need to understand that just becasue it's on the internet (or MBWorld for that matter) does not make it true.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LZH
220+ mph stock my ***. Some people around here need to understand that just becasue it's on the internet (or MBWorld for that matter) does not make it true.
No kidding, considering you seem to feel someone said the car was stock? You need to read the thread again.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ExtremeSpeed5
even after all mods they have done, it is very hard for a car to reach 200 mph let alone 225 yet they were able to clock this jag at 225 mph which is insane i don't think stage 5 e55 with 600hp can do that. i don't even think slr with 626 hp can do that (max speed on SLR is 208 mph) this car reaching those speeds is very cool
On stock tires...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For you Jaq fans. News XF-R rated at 510hp!!!