W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For you Jaq fans. News XF-R rated at 510hp!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thericker
Understood but to set the info straight (Will be my last post on the matter thanks)

In the absence of wind drag it takes more energy, IE horsepower to accelerate a heavier object to a given speed. Factor in wind drag & a lighter car still attains a higher speed assuming equivalent horse power.

There are many components to rolling resistance (tires, brake friction, driveline friction, etc....) The tire rolling resistance and wheel bearing friction elements are directly impacted by the addition of weight. And the impact of the added friction is NOT negligible.
Anyone with even basic knowledge of physics can see through what you are doing. You can't muddy the waters to mask your giant oversight. I can't believe you really tried to make the point that a stripped interior with roll cage is what allows them to hit 225 mph. Unbelievable, HAHA!

The power and aerodynamics along with the gearing (stock gearing and transmission) is what allows them to reach this speed, not the interior or weight reduction.

A lighter car does not reach a higher top speed assuming equivalent horsepower, it just gets there faster, you simply don't know what you are talking about.

I am wondering if they played with the transmission what they could hit if truly going for all out speed.

Last edited by sticky2; 01-14-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ExtremeSpeed5
even after all mods they have done, it is very hard for a car to reach 200 mph let alone 225 yet they were able to clock this jag at 225 mph which is insane i don't think stage 5 e55 with 600hp can do that. i don't even think slr with 626 hp can do that (max speed on SLR is 208 mph) this car reaching those speeds is very cool
Yup, may cars fall flat on their face trying to hit the magic 200mph mark. 997TT, Gallardo and F430 Scud among them. Now, my sedan will do 205mph stock (just needs a delimit) but don't want to brag
Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Yup, may cars fall flat on their face trying to hit the magic 200mph mark. 997TT, Gallardo and F430 Scud among them. Now, my sedan will do 205mph stock (just needs a delimit) but don't want to brag
205mph and 12.5mpg on the highway. The price we pay for unusable speed

I've read reports of "Delimited" SL55's hitting 200mph. Not sure if the delimiting came along with tune and high octane.

When I first saw an XF on the streets, I was pretty damn impressed. Rear looked very Aston like (obviously due to the designer being Ian C.). My girl was pretty attracted to the car as well and found it elegant but modern.

I'm sure it won't be a true performance machine like an M5, but I don't think that was the goal. More of a luxury cruiser with a blown motor and more aggressive bodykit. I like it, though I need to see it in person first.

On a side note, I went to Caddy and checked out the CTS-V. From the pics, the interior looked gorgeous. When I sat inside it, the lack of that high quality German feel is the first thing you notice. Plus, the fact that the salesman said I couldn't take it for a test drive was a turnoff.