*** VRP MidSection X-pipe ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
What is your proof it is bad. Have you done a before and after dyno pull with his pipe Coming out of the mustang world, I know tons about x pipes and H pipes.
His merge radius is too tight, basic exhaust system design.

Coming from the racing world I too know tons about X and H pipes.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Which Xpipe are you talking about? The one that Vadim is showing is a bad design, very bad. You want it to look like the two photo's I posted.

Xpipes are a very good thing, it's just the one they posted is not.
His merge radius is too tight, basic exhaust system design.

Coming from the racing world I too know tons about X and H pipes.

Yes I have the X-Pipe shown above built by Vadim@VRP and NOT the one posted by you or the others.

Again, many people, most being members on this board, love my exhaust note and asked me for the details on my exhaust setup. Not only that but I doubt this is affecting my performance in any negative way and my numbers prove that.

That being said, I am proof that there is NO FLAW in the above X-Pipe by Vadim/VRP as you have posted.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by URnext
Yes I have the X-Pipe shown above built by Vadim@VRP and NOT the one posted by you or the others.

Again, many people, most being members on this board, love my exhaust note and asked me for the details on my exhaust setup. Not only that but I doubt this is affecting my performance in any negative way and my numbers prove that.

That being said, I am proof that there is NO FLAW in the above X-Pipe by Vadim/VRP as you have posted.
Sound doesn't mean that it's flowing, in fact some of the best sounding systems in the world are very poor flowing systems.

Just because it's on you car doesn't mean that it's not flawed. The Crossover point on that X-Pipe has a VERY small cross section. THe point of the X-Pipe is two fold.

1) To equalize pressure in the exhaust system to allow it to flow more
2) to use the Exhaust pulses to speed up the exhaust flow

An exhaust system is only as large as it's smallest cross section, that X-Pipe pictured makes your system in essence a Single exhaust of small diameter
Old 01-23-2009, 03:36 PM

SL55 AMG
Sound doesn't mean that it's flowing, in fact some of the best sounding systems in the world are very poor flowing systems.

Just because it's on you car doesn't mean that it's not flawed. The Crossover point on that X-Pipe has a VERY small cross section. THe point of the X-Pipe is two fold.

1) To equalize pressure in the exhaust system to allow it to flow more
2) to use the Exhaust pulses to speed up the exhaust flow

An exhaust system is only as large as it's smallest cross section, that X-Pipe pictured makes your system in essence a Single exhaust of small diameter

My argument is based off of facts, both exhaust note & performance on my car. This X-pipe design was tested on my car. So yes, this X-Pipes has been tested for Flaws.

What is your argument based off of? Do you build X-pipes? Do you build exhaust systems? Do you design/fabricate any aftermarket performance parts for any make vehicle let alone MB's? Have you ever tested Vadim's X-pipes compared to the others you talk about? Do you know what Vadim's final specs are going to be for his production X-pipes?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned

2004 E55
My argument is based off of facts, both exhaust note & performance on my car. This X-pipe design was tested on my car. So yes, this X-Pipes has been tested for Flaws.

What is your argument based off of? Do you build X-pipes? Do you build exhaust systems? Do you design/fabricate any aftermarket performance parts for any make vehicle let alone MB's? Have you ever tested Vadim's X-pipes compared to the others you talk about? Do you know what Vadim's final specs are going to be for his production X-pipes?
Was the car dyno'd before and after?

If not your ENTIRE argument is flawed.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:09 PM

SL55 AMG
Was the car dyno'd before and after?

If not your ENTIRE argument is flawed.
For my exhaust set up............yes it was done

And you................have you done a before and after dyno proving anything you have said on this thread let alone any of the garbage you post on other threads

If not your ENTIRE argument is flawed
Old 01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Banned

2004 E55

And you................have you done a before and after dyno proving anything you have said on this thread let alone any of the garbage you post on other threads:
Well what were they dyno result's?
Old 01-23-2009, 04:34 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Exhaust Ex spurt

Hey URnext , You notice a trend with E55 pilot posts too. Don't worry he is headed over to the Custom exhaust power gains ,Thread. To Pick my post apart too. And
You know everything I posted is Flawed . Look at it this way , He has to be a challenge to work with. I feel sorry for his work place comrades. Cheers ___PTEngineering
Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I smell a suspension coming on
Old 01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Somebody's getting a new suspension.? Coilovers..?

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I smell a suspension coming on
Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 PM

SL55 AMG

I dont recall off hand, as there were a few diffrent runs, but I will let you know as soon as I get them. These #'s are LT headers with x-pipe versus stock.

Any results to back up any of your statements. Do you even own a MB?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I dont recall off hand, as there were a few diffrent runs, but I will let you know as soon as I get them. These #'s are LT headers with x-pipe versus stock.

Any results to back up any of your statements. Do you even own a MB?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey look close at the hand in the picture!!!!! Vandim is giving e55pilot the finger!!!!!!!!!!!:ro lf:
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Here is our MidSection X-pipe prototype.

Stock E55 Exhaust.

The design features:

- 3'' Aluminized Mandrel Bends (Ceramic Coating is an option)
- Direct BoltOn to stock exhaust manifolds and stock catback.
- Will fit VRP, Evosport, Renntech or any other shorty that fits stock H-pipe
- Front pipe is 2.25'' vs. 2'' stock. As big as it can be in order to work with shorty style flanges
- Front bends will be modular, allowing full 3'' capability to mate to Kleemann Headers or any other custom design
- Will allow us to make a RACE version of our shorty header with 3'' collector body
- Has all four O2 sensor bungs. We can turn-off CELs with software
- X-pipe adds nice exotic sound
- Will fit CLS55, E55s, CLS63 and E63s.

I will have more pictures and pricing tomorrow.

Stay Tuned!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Do you even own a MB
Yes,

Tectite Grey 2004 E55, thanks for playing
Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He got you there! Thats a sweet color too!
Yes,

Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by PTE
Hey URnext , You notice a trend with E55 pilot posts too. Don't worry he is headed over to the Custom exhaust power gains ,Thread. To Pick my post apart too. And
You know everything I posted is Flawed . Look at it this way , He has to be a challenge to work with. I feel sorry for his work place comrades. Cheers ___PTEngineering

I have noticed his post trends for some time now. I usually dont get involved but enough is enough from this guy. This guy is on a mission.

BTW, thanks for the thermostat it really helps keeping the heat down
Old 01-23-2009, 06:39 PM

SL55 AMG
Yes,

It was a joke, but had fun playing and BTW............you lose.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
To URnext and PTE:

I agree with E55Pilot here as have OTHER KNOWLEDGABLE MEMBERS.

Originally Posted by chiromikey
i have to agree about the x.
Lets not forget that Vadim HIMSELF also said:

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
The X-pipe crossover on production piece will be more open. This is just a prototype.
If you know anything about X pipes, you would immediatly see the problem with the prototype pictured above and the fact that the merge is WAY too abrubt and would indeed be the choke point in the exhaust. Just becasue it's on your car and sounds good does not mean it's any good or producing any substantial gains. Post up those before and after dyno runs...
Just becasue you don't like what E55Pilot has to say, does not make him wrong.....as myself, Mikey and VADIM have also confirmed. If you think you are right, then please produce some substantive points as to exactly WHY the pictured X pipe above would flow better than a more open X pipe.
Everyone gets bent outta shape around here for EXACTLY THIS REASON. Someone doesn't agree with what someone else posts yet has absolutly no basis for disagreeing other than some lame *** remarks like, "well I have it on my car and it sounds good". Gimme a break.

Last edited by LZH; 01-23-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
To URnext and PTE:

I agree with E55Pilot here as have OTHER KNOWLEDGABLE MEMBERS.

Lets not forget that Vadim HIMSELF also said:

If you know anything about X pipes, you would immediatly see the problem with the prototype pictured above and the fact that the merge is WAY too abrubt and would indeed be the choke point in the exhaust. Just becasue it's on your car and sounds good does not mean it's any good or producing any substantial gains. Post up those before and after dyno runs...
Just becasue you don't like what E55Pilot has to say, does not make him wrong.....as myself, Mikey and VADIM have also confirmed. If you think you are right, then please produce some substantive points as to exactly WHY the pictured X pipe above would flow better than a more open X pipe.
Everyone gets bent outta shape around here for EXACTLY THIS REASON. Someone doesn't agree with what someone else posts yet has absolutly no basis for disagreeing other than some lame *** remarks like, "well I have it on my car and it sounds good". Gimme a break.

Really? I must have missed that, thanks . This was my point exactly, thats why I asked him if he knew what Vadim's final specs were going to be on his production x-pipes. I thought maybe he knew before Vadim.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:15 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Really? I must have missed that, thanks . This was my point exactly, thats why I asked him if he knew what Vadim's final specs were going to be on his production x-pipes. I thought maybe he knew before Vadim.
Dude - you have NO POINT so STFU. Your ony point is that it sounds good which is totaly subjective and really does nothing to further you're argument that your exhaust flows better than a more open X pipe like the one E55Pilot posted. Still waiting for those before and after dynos....
Old 01-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned

2004 E55
Really? I must have missed that, thanks This was my point exactly, thats why I asked him if he knew what Vadim's final specs were going to be on his production x-pipes.
You are the one claiming that your X-pipe is "Flawless" in it's design. We are talking about the one in the photo, ie yours.

Don't try to spin that you were talking about something not in that photo
Old 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Dude - you have NO POINT so STFU. Your ony point is that it sounds good which is totaly subjective and really does nothing to further you're argument that your exhaust flows better than a more open X pipe like the one E55Pilot posted. Still waiting for those before and after dynos....

Why are you so angry. STFU....WOW! I really hope you can backed that up.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 PM
LZH
Banned

Why are you so angry. STFU....WOW! I really hope you can backed that up.
Angry ??? Not at all...I just get a bit tired of reading the crap people like you post on here and the STFU was in response to your

As far as me backing up my statements...well, I haven't claimed anything. You are the one making absurd assertations. Perhaps you'd like to take a look at the Evosport X pipe...

Maybe you should give them a call and let them know they don't know how to properly design an X pipe....Still waiting for those before and after dynos...
Old 01-23-2009, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Whatever exhaust/mods that are on URnext55's car, it is working pretty good. His car is really fast. I've witnessed his runs twice in the past month both on the race track, and all I can is . His numbers are shocking and his exhaust sounds excellent. In addition, his car seems to keep getting stronger and stronger
Old 01-23-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
It would be good to see those dyno numbers on your car. I'm curious to the gains myself.

And you................have you done a before and after dyno proving anything you have said on this thread let alone any of the garbage you post on other threads

If not your ENTIRE argument is flawed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP MidSection X-pipe ***